• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat Revisions and Upgrades. Spoilers for Mortal Kombat 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't mention thic cybernetic upgrades is different from Cyber Lin Kuei upgrades, its comes from Kronika who upgrade her body.

Disagree with 2-C from the hourglass since its a stationary object in a specific location, also Kronika couldn't immediately use it from the beginning, it needed to be charged

Technically, it can be moved as shown with Erron Black dumping it into the Sea of Blood. It depends if the person can carry it casually or not.

So what's the conclusion here? We should end this quick tbh.

As for Hourglass being dumped to sea, we considering the arcade ending non-canon so i dunno if this work.

LightinAnt said:
Disagree with 2-C from the hourglass since its a stationary object in a specific location, also Kronika couldn't immediately use it from the beginning, it needed to be charged
Heck, I would like to do Mk VS TES battles.

Not to knowledgeable about MK, but you list seems good for me Xtasy, but how about the 8-A? They became 8-B now?

Now, since Ed boon said only Raiden could maybe survive a bullet to the head, and Kano, who has fought everyone at somee point died from a gunshot to the head, it is safe to say all MK non-gods have 9-C piercing durability?

Ted Ed said:
Now, since Ed boon said only Raiden could maybe survive a bullet to the head, and Kano, who has fought everyone at somee point died from a gunshot to the head, it is safe to say all MK non-gods have 9-C piercing durability?
That doesn't make sense.

We don't use piercing durability

Secondly that's bullets in fiction (even walk levels should be bulletproof but they and Nukes often hurt people way above that)

You have to consider the fact that guns in the MK verse are stronger than guns in real life.

A real life handgun would make a very small wound compared to what guns in MK can actually do. Stryker's handgun destroys majority of a soldier's head and in Kano's death scene we see the bullet actually go all the way through his head and out creating a huge wound in the process.

And there's Kano's numerous wall busting feats.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
You have to consider the fact that guns in the MK verse are stronger than guns in real life.
I've rewatched some of the MK cutscenes and it seems that the guns only in the hands of "main characters" have as big force and impact.

In the hands of normal soliders the same weapon can deal lower and less visible injuries.

If you look at the video with Stryker that you've sended... a few seconds later Quan Chi horse gets shot down and you dont see that big wound.

In Mortal Kombat 11 Cassie was shooting normal goons but that never leaved as big wounds either.... I feel like the guns are somehow more powerful in the hands of main cast and the fact that they can take down (and hurt) other combatants with it, yet normal soliders with the same weapon cant (while directly hitting target) should be counted either as PIS or some sort of gun mastery?

Not to derail the gun discussion, but I want to bring this up before it gets implemented.

I disagree with Noob getting Mid-Godly Regenerationn. Raiden states that the past versions of the characters are from the time just before Kung Lao was killed by Shao Kah in MK9 . This was a fair bit before Noob was sucked into the soulnado, so it's more likely that he's just from the past than that he regenerated from it. Yeah, he says he can't die so easily when Hanzo references the event, but that was probably not meant to be taken that literally.

Before Kung Lao was killed by Shao Kahn... Bi-han was still... Bi-han (Sub-Zero).

If they were to bring him from that time, he would be just Sub-Zero not Noob.

Besides we've never saw him emerging from sand-time-tornado (or whatever you wanna call it) in the entire game. The fact that he can reference the event of soulnado (knows what's going on) and that we never saw him emerging from the time-portal... kinda suggests that he survived.

You might want to check again, because Kung Lao actually fought with Noob Bi-Ha before that, not Sub-Zero Bi-Han.

We also didn't see Wraith Scorpion come through the time sand tornado, but he was still there. Something happening off-screen doesn't mean it didn't happen. Futhermore, simply knowing about the soulnado event doesn't mean he couldn't have just been told by Kronika or someone else like everyone else was about their own futures.

But that's just a big speculation based on "this might have been the case" and "Kronika might have told him"... The keyword here is "might". We've never saw anyone telling him about the past or even a small hint of him being from the past to begin with.

Even Scorpion and Hanzo had a moment in which they've pointed out that Scorpion is from the past... If Noob was from the past, he would have showcased it in any shape of form... Either in story-mode or told someone about it during short cutscenes (in 1 vs 1 mode)

Everything seems to point out to the fact that he has simply survived soulnado.

It's a safer option to take someone's word as granted (in this case Noob) and give him ability based on that rather than base it on a big speculation without any solid proof.

What you're saying MIGHT be the case, but as of right now that one line from Noob is leaning towards the fact that he survived.

We could also ask Edd on twitter I guess.

I'd rather wait for MK11 comics or WoG explaining most of MK11's plot holes, plus there's a two year gap between MKX and MK11 so here's hoping that comics are gonna arrive.

@Meshifuari No, what I'm doing is extrapolating a more likely answer based off of already observed events and information. We know that characters from the past are being brought into the future (specifically from a point where Noob existed and was still alive), we know that those characters have had their furtures explained to them by other characters and we know that not everyone from the past was seen coming from the sand tornados. It's not a stretch to suggest that this is Noob Saibot from the past.

Meanwhile, we're suggesting giving Noob mid-godly regenaration based on the idea that he MIGHT have regenerated from his death at the hands of the soulnado, something we're never shown and can only be extrapolated from with a specific interpretation of a single line that's just an intimidating way of saying "you can't get rid of me that easily." I'm sorry to sound rude, but I just don't understand the kind of mental gymnastics required to get here.

Yeah, we never actually see Noob getting pulled from the past or having current events explained to him, nor do we have a conversation where the characters point out he's from the past. However, speaking as someone who aspires to be a writer, I can tell you that the story doesn't need to have that. You can trust the audience to make things out on their own, especially in a plot that revolves around characters from the past being brought into the future.

Meshifuari Arimota said:
I've rewatched some of the MK cutscenes and it seems that the guns only in the hands of "main characters" have as big force and impact.

In the hands of normal soliders the same weapon can deal lower and less visible injuries.

If you look at the video with Stryker that you've sended... a few seconds later Quan Chi horse gets shot down and you dont see that big wound.

In Mortal Kombat 11 Cassie was shooting normal goons but that never leaved as big wounds either.... I feel like the guns are somehow more powerful in the hands of main cast and the fact that they can take down (and hurt) other combatants with it, yet normal soliders with the same weapon cant (while directly hitting target) should be counted either as PIS or some sort of gun mastery?
M8 they're just stormtroopers lol

Still my point is that low tier MK characters shouldn't be downgraded just because Kano died from a headshot.

Guns are very inconsistent in fiction anyways

Just looking back at the scaling chain, do you think Jade, Johnny and Kitana should not be 7-B?

It's because I have no idea how Jade and Kitana are strong enough to contend with the likes of Kotal and Shao (Jade vs Kotal seemed like a non serious fight seeing how Kotal wouldn't go all out on his waifu) plus Kitana didn't have anything on her that made her stronger than before.

And Johnny, despite beating an upgraded Sektor, got shot in the leg by Kano.

You guys know that God Liu defeating Kronika with soul crown and Cetrion's absorbed is also a half Pis, becasue he defeat her only because the time powers don't work on him and she was tired after wiping timelines to the dawn of time.And for the first time when she absorbed Cetrion it was shown that she is indeed more powerful than God Liu when he trow his firebol it was like nothing to her, but when she trown her attack on him Liu flying away.

Im fairly certain that anybody can beat anybody in mortal kombat at this point. Although the amount of people getting harmed by bullets and tanks is confusing.

For kronika, shouldnt the hour glass be low 2-C? Timelines plural was mentioned. However they have been explicitely described as being kronika resetting one timeline constantly and viewing them play out hence why the plural was used, and not actual seperate timelines in a 2-C fashion. It was the same phyical timeline, but different ways it can play out.

As for large planetary, can fatalities even be considered as cannon? Im pretty sure injustice is getting downgraded since their 5-A feats are only done in movesets. And fatalities dont even take place in story mode (at least not the planetary one). Also I dont see how holding a planet earth the size of a human head is planetary.

The abilities listed seems fine.

I shall explain the stuff i noted after some time:

First profiles will lose the original timeline key and use the current one since they became similar due to what Kronika has said in the story, the revenants might be weaker due to Shinnok being reduced as a head, Revenant Liu needed his other self power to fight Raiden.

Quan Chi manifesting a soulnado is a prep feat, which can't do normally, he was likely 7-B when against Raiden and Fujin, him being later weaker affected the Revenants.

Noob surviving it might be immortality by respawning later or Regenerationn, but its not explained which way in the story, Kronika saving him seems unlikely.

Rain, Sub and Tremor feats are just enviromental destruction, they also need time to set it up.

Scaling is this:

Bottom: Characters like Meat [Weaker than Low]

Low: Characters like Baraka [Weaker than Mid]

Mid: Most of the cast [Most characters are here, Xtasya is finding feats to scale these and the two grades below]

Upper: Strong characters [8-A. Kintaro feat]

Top: Restricted Elder Gods [7-B. Raiden feat]

High Top: Unrestricted Elder Gods and Titans [Low 6-B. Shaking feats / or 5-A. Cetrion feat]

God: One Being [Low 2-C] and Kronika Hourglass [At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C in the story] Overall characters scaling seems like this:

Chaosrealm

Regular Havik: Mid [Scales to most characters]

- Komic Havik: Top [Killed Scorpion]

Earthrealm

Cassie: Mid [Scales to her companions]

- Inner Power Cassie: Top [Defeated Corrupted Shinnok]

Cyrax: Mid [Comparable to Sektor]

- Upgraded Cyrax: Likely Top [Negated Upgraded Sektor missiles]

Erron Black: Mid [Easily killed Cobra and Hsu Hao]

Fujin: Top [He is the God of Wind]

- Unrestricted Fujin: High Top [Like Raiden and the others, he can access it]

Great Kung Lao: Mid [Viewed as a strong warrior, but lost to Goro]

Hsu Hao: Low [Easily killed by Scorpion and Erron Black]

Jacqui: Mid [Comparable to Cassie]

- Jacqui with Kronika's Crown: Top [Defeated a non-serious Cetrion]

Jax: Mid [Defeated Tremor and Kano, lost to Reiko]

- Jax with Kronika's Crown: Top [Defeated a non-serious Cetrion]

Jarek: Low [Comparable to the likes of Kira]

Johnny Cage: Mid [Held his own against the Revenant foes]

- Inner Power Johnny: Top [Defeated Shinnok]

Kabal: Mid [Comparable to his fellow Black Dragon Members]

- MK9 Kabal: Upper [Knocked Cyber Sub-Zero]

Kai: Low [Comparable to Kobra]

Kano: Mid [Fought Sonya and defeated Mavado]

Kenshi: Mid [Defeated Revenant Nightwolf and Kabal, but when he fought the latter Quan was weakened]

Kira: Low [Comparable to Jarek]

Kobra: Low [Easily killed by Erron]

Kung Lao: Upper [Can defeat Goro]

- Kronika Powered Revenant Kung Lao: Top [Can fight with Lord Liu Kang]

Kung Jin: Mid [Comparable to his other members, him defeating Kotal is PIS]

Liu Kang: Top [Destined to fight Raiden, defeated Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn and Shinnok]

- Fire Lord Liu Kang: Top [Has the combined might of himself and Raiden, but was overwhelmed by Kronika's Powered Revenants]

- Unrestricted Fire Lord Liu Kang: High Top [Used the Jinsei to unrestrict himself, defeating the Amped Revenants, Corrupted Cetrion and Kronika herself]

Mavado: Mid [Defeated Kabal, but later lost to him. Cassie and Jacqui killed him by working together]

Mokap: Bottom [Comparable to Meat]

Nightwolf: Mid [Wounded Sheeva, comparable to other characters. His sacrifice attack killed Amped Sindel and himself]

Raiden: Top [God of Thunder, his feat scales to those comparable to him]

- Unrestricted Raiden: High Top [Fought Unrestricted Shinnok and Shao Kahn]

Scorpion: Mid [Fought Nightwolf, killed Sub-Zero Bi-Han but lost to Sub-Zero Kuai Liang]

- Elder God Champion Scorpion: Upper [Fought Shunjinko]

- Hanzo Scorpion: Top [Did well against a Corrupted Raiden]

Sektor: Mid [Comparable to Cyrax]

- Upgraded Sektor: Likely Top [Clashed with Hanzo Scorpion / Kuai Liang Sub-Zero. Him losing to Johnny is obliviously PIS, his self-destruction was going to kill him and the others]

Shujinko: Upper [Defeated many foes, easily injured Takeda and fought Champion Scorpion]

- All Powers Shujinko: Top [Managed to beat Onaga]

Sonya: Mid [Consistely fights Kano]

Stryker: Mid [Defeated several foes on his level]

Kuai Liang Sub-Zero: Mid [Fought Noob and Smoke alongside Sareena]

- Cyber Sub-Zero: Upper [Dispatched both Kintaro and Goro]

- Post Training MKX and XI: Top [Comparable to Hanzo, who fought Raiden]

Frost: Mid [Fought Cassie]

- Cyber Frost: Top [Above Upgraded Cyrax and Sektor, took beatings from Hanzo Scorpion / Sub-Zero Bi-Han and later Raiden, fought and froze Fujin while assisting Cetrion in one intro]

Takeda: Mid [Defeated Ermac, stated to have surpassed his father. Still he should have been with the others due to his accomplishments in XI story]

- Jinsei Powered Takeda: Top [Did well against Havik]

Tremor: Mid [Competed with Jax]

Triborg: Likely Upper [Stronger than Smoke, Cyrax and Sektor and likely comparable to Cyber Sub-Zero]

Edenian

Argus: Top [Should scale to his sons]

- Unrestricted Argus: High Top [He is protector of Edenia]

Blaze: High Top [The strongest Mortal Kombat at the time]

Daegon: Top [Comparable to Taven]

Jade: Mid [Fought Rain and helped Sindel into freeing Kitana. Comparable to Kitana, her beating Kotal is due to him being unable to harm her, Kotal himself implied that he would not want to harm her]

- Kronika Amped Revenant Jade: Top [Fought Fire Lord Liu Kang]

Kitana: Mid [Killed Mileena and fought many others comparable to her]

- Kronika Amped Revenant Kitana: Top [Fought Fire Lord Liu Kang]

Rain: Mid [Fought Jade and D'Vorah]

Sindel: Mid [Helped Jade into freeing Kitana. Fought Jax and Cassie as a Revenant]

- Souls Amped Sindel: Upper [Killed Cyber Sub-Zero and the others]

Tanya: Mid [Had the upper hand on Cassie]

Taven: Top [Bested Fujin and Dark Raiden]

Netherrealm

Ashra: Mid [I don't think she should scale to Reiko, planned to kill Noob]

Meat: Bottom [Comparable to Mokap]

Drahmin: Mid [Pressured Scorpion alongside Moloch]

Moloch: Mid [Pressured Scorpion alongside Drahmin]

Sub-Zero Bi-Han: Mid [Killed Human Hanzo, tried to later fight his Wraith self]

- Bi-Han with the Icons: Top [Bested Fujin, the other Gods and Quan Chi]

- As Noob: Mid [Wounded an exhausted Goro, fought his brother and Sareena], possibly Top in XI [Fought Hanzo / Kuai Liang]

Quan Chi: Top [Partner to Shang Tsung, i repeat he was likely here when against Raiden and Fujin [He also previously stomped Drahmin], him being later weaker in X story affected the Revenants]

- MK9 Quan Chi: I'd like Upper [Despite being portrayed as weaker, he should be here]

Human Sareena: Mid [Fought Smoke, Noob with Bi-Han, also fought Revenant Kitana]

- Demon Sareena: Likely Upper [Sub-Zero Kuai Liang had to fled from her]

Shinnok: Top [Fought with Lui Kang, Raiden, Fujin / His return in X had him beat the both of them / and Inner Power Johhny Cage]

- Corrupted Shinnok: Top [Fought with Inner Power Cassie Cage]

- Unrestricted Shinnok: High Top [Fought Unrestricted Raiden]

Smoke: Mid [Fought a bunch of people comparable to him]

Orderrealm

Dairou: Mid [Comparable to Darrious]

Darrious: Mid [Comparable to Dairou]

Hotaru: Mid [Impaled Li-Mei]

Outworld

Ferra & Torr: Mid [Comparable to the other Kotal members at the time]

Kollector: Mid [Comparable to the other characters]

Baraka: Low [Weaker than most characters, killed by D'Vorah]

Bo'Rai'Cho: Upper [Master of combat and trained many strong warriors, took Cyrax self-destruction]

Chameleon: Upper [One of Shao Kahn deadliest warriors, putting him in the same tier as Goro / Kintaro]

MKX D'Vorah: Mid [Fought Rain, Tanya and Mileena in X]

- MKXI D'Vorah: Top [Overpowered Kotal, later killed Hanzo Scorpion]

Regular Ermac: Mid [Ripped Jax arms, fought many foes]

- Deception to Armageddon Ermac: Upper [Fought and freed Kung Lao and the others]

Khameleon: Upper [Comparable to Chameleon]

Goro: Upper [Scales to Kintaro]

Kintaro: Upper [Survived a nuclear blast, stronger than Goro in a timeline while seemingly comparable in the other]

Sheeva: Mid [Was wounded by Nightwolf, lost to many characters in IX]

- Queen Sheeva: Upper [She should be this strong]

Motaro: Upper [Can kill Johnny Cage, Shao considered him as a strong ally]

MKX Kotal Kahn: Upper [Burned Rain, trashed Kano and Tanya, fought Reiko]

- MKXI Kotal Kahn: Possibly Top [His blade could briefly stagger Shao Kahn, he then was able to knock Shao but only after Liu and Raiden attacked, when they fought again Shao ended up crippling him]

Reiko: Upper [Powerhouse comparable to Goro and Kintaro, fought Kotal]

- Blood God Reiko: Likely Top [As Blood God, he is likely comparable to other gods like Raiden]

Li Mei: Mid [Defeated Kano]

Mileena: Mid [Clone to Kitana]

Reptile: Mid [Blocked Kabal, fought Takeda and Jacqui]

Nitara: Upper [Defeated Ashra, played around with Cyrax]

Skarlet: Mid [Knocked Jacqui, fought Mileena]

Shang Tsung: Top [Partner to Quan Chi, fought Liu Kang and later snapped his neck]

- MK9 Shang Tsung: I'd like Upper [Despite being portrayed as weaker like Quan, he should be here. He lost to Smoke since he morphed as Bi-Han and for Kitana, its PIS]

Onaga: Top [The forces of Raiden, Shang Tsung and Quan Chi were not enough to defeat him, Shujinko with all the powers was able to do so. Later lost to Shao, who likely used a strategy to dispatch him]

- Unrestricted Onaga: High Top [Can also access this state]

Shao Kahn: Top [Fought the likes of Liu Kang, Raiden, Onaga]

- Unrestricted Shao Kahn: High Top [He is Outworld Protector, also reached this state by absorbing Blaze or beginning to merge the realms]

Final Ones

Geras: Upper [Him losing to Sonya is also PIS since he did well against Kung Lao, i'm not listing him as Top since that is reserved for his final state]

- Post Deaths Geras: Top [Struggled Raiden to the point he had to drown him in order to get rid of him]

Cetrion: Top [Should be here, took a beating from Jax / Jacqui with Kronika Crown, but she was not serious on them]

- Unrestricted Cetrion: High Top [She can unrestrict herself]

- Corrupted Cetrion: High Top [Stronger than before after being corrupted by Kronika]

Kronika: High Top [Normally stronger than an Elder God. Fought Unrestricted Fire God Liu Kang after absorbing the defeated Corrupted Cetrion]

Others

Monster: Upper [Is considered an Elder God Champion, fought Shujinko]

Other Gods in MK Mythologies: Top [Comparable to Fujin]

Note: The guests will scale according to their descriptions.

Im still not buying cetrions feat unless it was performed in cannon. Giving her large planetary for a fatality is like giving cyber smoke large planetary for destroying the earth violently in a fatality.

Cetrion is an Elder God. That shouldn't be much of an issue. Also, she's been giant sized everytime Raiden goes "I must consult with the Elder Gods".

TacticalNuke002 said:
Cetrion is an Elder God. That shouldn't be much of an issue. Also, she's been giant sized everytime Raiden goes "I must consult with the Elder Gods".
Do elder gods have other planetary feats? Also I dont recall her ever being planet sized outside the fatality

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Sektor, Cyrax, and D'Vorah should be top too tbh
Being defeated doesn't mean they should scale otherwise the special forces kids would scale from Bi-Han by receiving a beatdown from him in X also both did not wanted to kill Cyrax, D'Vorah just used her poison and she lost to Jade.

It's PIS like regular Scorpion beating Kuai Liang and Raiden, she easily lost to Raiden, later Cassie [without inner power], Jade and retreated by regular Scorpion flames. Also, i'm unsure about Kotal fully scaling to Shao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back