• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cetrion Upgrade

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator

Cetrion was equal to Fire God Liu Kang

Who is City Block level
She should scale to him, and her regular feat should be support.

Edit:
As me and LordGriffin discussed in the comments/replies, Fire God Liu Kang would get accelerated development for being able to get stronger over time to defeat stronger foes. Struggling with white revenants to bodying them, then being equal to cetrion to vastly superior, then inferior to kronika to superior

Last edited:
Not sure I agree with this.

Kronika not only was comparable to Cetrion but also absorbed her power, and on top of that she had the Krown which further amped her power yet in the end, she loses to Fire God Liu Kang... so I don't see how Cetrion truly scales when Liu Kang managed to defeat someone who not only had Cetrion's power but much more.

The only possible way this can work is if we give Fire God Liu Kang Accerated Development (which could be a thing given he had some trouble with the amped Revenents but after focusing, stomped them) otherwise it doesn't work scaling wise.

Not sure I agree with this.

Kronika not only was comparable to Cetrion but also absorbed her power, and on top of that she had the Krown which further amped her power yet in the end, she loses to Fire God Liu Kang... so I don't see how Cetrion truly scales when Liu Kang managed to defeat someone who not only had Cetrion's power but much more.

The only possible way this can work is if we give Fire God Liu Kang Accerated Development (which could be a thing given he had some trouble with the amped Revenents but after focusing, stomped them) otherwise it doesn't work scaling wise.
Scaling wise right after Cetrion absorbed him, she was tossing him and showed blatant superiority to him
3:16:03

I feel like this is a case of Shinnok and the Cages. Great power, shit way of using it, like how Shao Kahn said that Shinnok only lost because he wasn't a fighter
1:21:26

Scaling wise right after Cetrion absorbed him, she was tossing him and showed blatant superiority to him
3:16:03

I feel like this is a case of Shinnok and the Cages. Great power, shit way of using it, like how Shao Kahn said that Shinnok only lost because he wasn't a fighter
1:21:26

This just proves MK has shit scaling honestly. Especially since that lime about Shinnol not being a fighter is bullshit considering he beat both Raiden and Fuji in hand to hand combat in MKX who are skilled fighters with long time experience. It's the same nonsense that Shang claimed Shao Kahn lost against Kitana in the arena because he was always more arrogant then skilled which is laughable given he's already fought nor skilled people like Kung Lao and Liu Kang (the later of which casually beat Kitana in MK 9)

Kronika's feat pretty much just makes Liu Kang having Accelerated Development even more the case because he eventually defeats her in their fight yet previously couldn't do anything as you clearly showed. I guess scaling Cetrion to Fire God Liu Kang is fine but I dislike MK logic when it comes to scaling characters.

This just proves MK has shit scaling honestly. Especially since that lime about Shinnol not being a fighter is bullshit considering he beat both Raiden and Fuji in hand to hand combat in MKX who are skilled fighters with long time experience. It's the same nonsense that Shang claimed Shao Kahn lost against Kitana in the arena because he was always more arrogant then skilled which is laughable given he's already fought nor skilled people like Kung Lao and Liu Kang (the later of which casually beat Kitana in MK 9)

Kronika's feat pretty much just makes Liu Kang having Accelerated Development even more the case because he eventually defeats her in their fight yet previously couldn't do anything as you clearly showed. I guess scaling Cetrion to Fire God Liu Kang is fine but I dislike MK logic when it comes to scaling characters.
Now with that being said, I agree.

I'll add Accelerated Development into the OP

Sorry for the necro, but I think FG Liu's feat isn't Accelerated Development. I was thinking Awakened Power, but its definition says that the boost is triggered through emotion and the boost is often temporary, which isn't the case with FG Liu. He was getting bodied by the "White Revenants" (named as such because of their white, blue, and gold clothing and them being enhanced by energy from the Hourglass iirc) until Raiden within him told Liu to tap into a power source that he had not realized he had, which is the Jinsei, the lifeforce of Earthrealm. So when Liu tapped into it, he became more powerful and beat the White Revenants with less effort.

Ectasy is right.
Also, I disagree with Cetrion scaling to 8-B, simply because the rating itself is upscaling from previous High 8-C calcs, meaning that only final battle-level characters should have such rating.

Iirc he jumped up thanks to the Jinsei, not AD. The Jinsei can consistently amplify the power of Kombatants (it's a mechanic in 11's towers but it's also why Shinnok wanted it back in X)

Iirc he jumped up thanks to the Jinsei, not AD. The Jinsei can consistently amplify the power of Kombatants (it's a mechanic in 11's towers but it's also why Shinnok wanted it back in X)
Issue is that it's already flowing through him which made that scene weird when it says let it flow through you but that's just a minor nitpick. It would be Statistics Amplification via Jinsei going of what's said.

Ectasy is right.
Also, I disagree with Cetrion scaling to 8-B, simply because the rating itself is upscaling from previous High 8-C calcs, meaning that only final battle-level characters should have such rating.
Wasn't she in the final battle and was stated to match FK step for step... Kronica even thought absorbing her power was necessary to fight FG LK no?

Issue is that it's already flowing through him which made that scene weird when it says let it flow through you but that's just a minor nitpick. It would be Statistics Amplification via Jinsei going of what's said.
My guess is he fully awoke it, amplifying himself even further

Even in that case, FG Liu is still stronger than Cetrion at the end, since he defeats Kronika after she absorbed her daughter.

Liu is actually even to a Shang Tsung who absorbed a bunch of strong people plus Kronika herself.

The power levels are fuzzy to begin with, but Cetrion is clearly not comparable to the FG Liu Kang that we see at the end of the game.

Even in that case, FG Liu is still stronger than Cetrion at the end, since he defeats Kronika after she absorbed her daughter.

Liu is actually even to a Shang Tsung who absorbed a bunch of strong people plus Kronika herself.

The power levels are fuzzy to begin with, but Cetrion is clearly not comparable to the FG Liu Kang that we see at the end of the game.
Also Fire God Liu is explicitly Titan level and above the Elder Gods in MK1 so he'd be > Cetrion without even touching on how Cetrion (who might be superior to base thanks to her burning form) clearly isn't incomparably stronger then Fujin or Sindel.

Where does it say that it was already flowing through him? And Kronika explicitly needing Cetrion to fight FG Liu?
Basic logic. Raiden said that Earth's Jinsei flows through within him, as in it's already there, the argument would be he'd need to call upon it. Also again, basic common sense would assume she absorbed her to get the edge but if Cetrion wasn't comparable then there would be no point, yet she just witnessed there fight and thought it was worth it. FKLK also said it's because here heart isn't in it which is what allowed him to match her step for step. As if her emotions play a roll in her power.

Because the scaling is horrible without some reason for FGLK buffing in power. If not attributed to AD it could be the Jinsei in constant effect. This is usually why I stay away from MK scaling so I'll just let y'all experts handle it.

Also Fire God Liu is explicitly Titan level and above the Elder Gods in MK1 so he'd be > Cetrion without even touching on how Cetrion (who might be superior to base thanks to her burning form) clearly isn't incomparably stronger then Fujin or Sindel
This again shows mks garbage powerscaling in my opinion.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, I'm fine with her not scaling to end FGLK but I think a note explaining why we don't scale her would be useful on her page. It likely won't be the last time someone asks or would suggest her scaling be buffed given how MK scaling is, it would be good to have.

Back