• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MK Legends: Battle of the Realms scaling (Spoilers)

Solid movie huh ? But I must admit, it was WAY too rushed, I don't really saw the reason to somewhat merge Shinnok and Shao Kahn's plot into one movie, Shinnok (And the One Being, that is), were basically 30 mins on screen and that's pushing. The feats, however, are quite interesting

Like the last thread, I'll list the relevant characters, their overall feats and scaling, and then list their AP/Speed proposal

Johnny Cage

• Kicked Baraka, who crashed on some wood, destroying it in the process (Likely 9-B)
  • Has the green aura

Sonya Blade

• Her rifle can absolutely tear Tarkateans apart
  • Broke Jade's skull by hitting her with said rifle (I dunno 9-C ?)
  • Defeated...some purple girl, opening a human sized crater on the arena (very likely 9-B)

Kintaro

• Pulled a tree (Which is Class 5)
  • Clowned by Jax

Kitana

- Fought Human Raiden on around equal terms

Liu Kang

• Defeated Jade rather easily (As expected)
  • Defeated Shang Tsung also quite easily
  • Was overpowered by Shao Kahn at the beggining of their fight, but defeated him (Almost a stomp I would say) after he powered up with his flames
  • Said flames could also cure him from Shang Tsung's curse and also give him limited flight as he can basically use them to keep fighting in the air

Scorpion

• Also withstood Cyrax's missiles which destroyed a part of a warehouse, a very clearly 9-B feat
  • He could also somewhat fight them better then Smoke and Kuai, both was overpowered regardless
  • Him and Sub Zero fought the One Being (lol), but didn't made much damage in the end

Sub Zero/Kuai Liang

• Kept up with Scorpion
  • Apparently Smoke is his equal
  • Could tank those missiles from Cyrah which destroyed a good portion of a Lin Kuei's temple, that can be 9-A, depends on that calc
  • Froze Cyrax and Sektor with his Criomancy

Smoke

• Could fight Kuai Liang in training
  • Weaker than, but still managed to fight both Cyrax and Sektor
  • Has Fire and Heat attacks that can melt Sub-Zero's ice very quickly
  • Likely equal to Cyrax and Sektor as a Cyborg

Cyrax and Sektor

• Stronger than Kuai Liang and Smoke
  • They can paralyze their targets with wires that comes from their fingers
  • Around equal to Scorpion individually
  • They can take Ice upto a certain point, as Sub Zero could freeze them with larher constructs, but had no luck with smaller, concentrated blasts
  • Sektor has a Fire Cannon and the Classic Green Net that has Electricity Manip

Raiden

• Even as a Mortal, he still is rather powerful and could defeat Reiko
  • Kept his enhanced senses, as he perceived Scorpion hiding while all the other fighters didn't
  • As a God, Raiden keeps his record and isn't touched by no one, and can also freely move as natural lightning, so Massively Hypersonic+, and he massively scales higher than Goro (Casually one shot him with with a hand, Shang Tsung didn't dared to fight him, etc)

Shao Kahn
  • A beast, thank the elder gods
  • Destroyed Kung Lao
  • Destroyed Kitana
  • Destroyed Sonya
  • One shot Jax like nothing and stomped Human Raiden
  • Can open portals to other realms, summon his hammer and spear, and can survive being stabed in the heart
  • He can also use a green electricity aura

Bug Babe aka D'vorah
    • Clowned Johnny Cage
    • Can control bugs and stuff, like in the games
    • Fought with Sonya

Shang Tsung
    • He is rather dubious physically, he overpowered Stryker sure, but wasn't really a match for Liu Kang (Who's 9-B+), so he should be just 9-B, Liu kang even said it wasn't close, his strength is indeed in Magic
    • Can possess bodies and control the possessed
    • Can summon skulls
    • Can somewhat burn/render useless people's limbs with a Curse

Stryker
  • He should be Likely 9-B as he can keep up with Shang Tsung, although clearly weaker, and also should be around comparable to the other fighters, as he was chosen to fight alongside them

Now the big boys

Shinnok

- Almost nothing coming him, but we can say he should scale to God Raiden (Since he's a Elder God) and Quan Chi (Since he is his master). However, he might also be a Fallen Elder God, which should make him stronger than God Raiden and also scale to other Elder Gods to some extent

One Being

• Possessed Shinnok and casually merged the (6) realms, which are very clearly planets in the Legends version
  • Has Large Size Type 2, as he has the size of whole buildings
  • Launched Dragon Elder God Liu Kang likely hundreads to thousands of meters away (A very good LS feat, as lifting this Liu Kang alone should be around Class M)
  • Besides that, nothing

Elder Gods Liu kang

• Should retain his base powers
  • Has a speed feat that is likely at the Massively Hypersonic+ or higher range, as he flew from the merged Planet to far into space in a matter of few seconds
  • Separated all the realms rather casually
  • Large Size Type 2 in his Dragon Form

Now, I dunno if we can scale these Tier 5 feats to their physicals since they are done via magic, I'll leave up to discussion but going by our new rules regarding this, fusing and separating Planets like that needs universal energy system or something similar in order to scale, and that is never shown in the movie, their physical feats are also not that impressive. For Shinnok, if we consider him as around comparable to a Elder God, he should somewhat scale to 1/5 of Liu Kang's feat of separating the realms, otherwise, he should just scale to God Raiden

About Shao Kahn and Liu Kang:

Liu Kang's 9-B+ feat was done against Goro in Scorpion's Revenge, who Shao Kahn very clearly scales far higher in his base, and Fire Fist Liu Kang managed to defeat him after being overpowered in his base state, with this in mind, they should be 9-A upscaling from Liu kang's previous feat (which Goro didn't had problems in tanking it)

The chain is Fire Fist Liu Kang > Shao Kahn > Goro > Liu Kang's previous 9-B+ feat

So, the description for the profiles should be:

Scorpion:
At least Wall level (Stronger than fighters like Reptile, who can cut trees in half, crushed multiple human skulls, which takes this much energy, broke a giant's knee with a single punch, annihilated a group of Lin Kuei ninjas when enraged and when he still was human, fought and defeated Quan Chi. Could fight Sektor and Cyrax to some extent, but was eventually overpowered), Small Building level with his Spear (Could one shot Goro and break his skull, who could defeat Liu Kang and Jax), and with Fire Breath (Quickly burned Quan Chi body and armor, which requires this much energy)

Speed: Subsonic (Consistently blitzes trained humans and other ninjas, can move like a blur) with High Hypersonic reactions and combat speed (Reacted to bullets at this speed)

Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang):

At least Wall level (Fought against Scorpion and managed to harm him, can fight Sektor and Cyrax), higher with Cryomancy (His Ice constructs can casually freeze Cyrax, Sektor and Smoke)

Speed: Subsonic with High Hypersonic reactions and combat speed (Comparable to Scorpion)

Liu Kang:

Wall level+ (Broke a pillar in his fight against Goro, who easily overpowered Jax, stronger than the other Earthrealm fighters) | Small Building level (Stronger than before, casually defetaed Shang Tsung and could match Shao Kahn at first, but was eventually overpowered, higher with Flame Fist (Casually defeated Shao Kahn) | Planet level (Separated the realms, still lacks calc, possibly just Environmental Destruction)

Speed: Subsonic (Consistently blitzes trained humans, can move like a blur) with Supersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Can easily dodge gunfire) | Subsonic with at least High Hypersonic reactions and combat speed (Faster than Shang Tsung, who could attack Quan Chi before he could react) | Massively Hypersonic+ (Flew to outer space in seconds, lacks calc)

Note that Quan Chi scales to Scorpion via their fight in Scorpion's Revenge

Kitana:

Possibly Wall level (Could fight and give Liu Kang some trouble, however he was holding back) | Wall level (Comparable to Mortal Raiden)

Goro:

At least Wall level+, likely Small Building level (Easily defeated Jax and Liu kang after getting serious)

Sonya:

Wall level (Fought and defeated Reptile, who can cut trees in half. Defeated D'vorah who could defeat Johnny Cage)

Cage:

Wall level (Fought against a group of monsters that could overpower Sonya) | Wall level (Should be at least as strong as before), higher with Green Aura

Jax:

Wall level (Should be comparable to Sonya as her superior, could harm Kano) | Wall level (Stronger than before with his new metal arms, casually overpowered Kintaro)

Shang Tsung:

Wall level physically, Small Building level (Likely stronger than Goro, casually overpowered Quan Chi, should be stronger than anything Scorpion can do, as Quan Chi wanted to avoid fighting him), possibly far higher with Magic (As stated by Raiden, Shang Tsung's sheer power sustains his Island)

Speed: Subsonic with High Hypersonic reactions and combat speed (At least comparable if not superior to Quan Chi, whom he was able to restrain before the latter could react. Fought evenly with Liu Kang)

Raiden:
At least Small Building level, likely far higher (Can fight Liu Kang physically while likely holding back, casually knocked Goro out with a wave of his hand, can create lightning and Shang Tsung didn't dared to fight him when unrestricted by the Mortal Kombat rules), at least Building level+, possibly City level Enviromental Destruction (Can create natural lightning, implied to be capable of creating thunderstorms) | Wall level (Far weaker as a human, but still capable of defeating Reiko and fighting Kitana)

Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Can move as natural lightning) |

Smoke, Sektor and Cyrax:

At least Wall level (Can fight Sub-Zero and Scorpion and even overpower them at times. Their missiles can destroy walls, warehouses and parts of the Lin Kuei temple)

Speed: Subsonic with High Hypersonic reactions and combat speed (can keep up with Sub-Zero and Scorpion)

Shao Kahn:

At least Small Building level (Easily and casually defeated Jax, Sonya, Kitana and Mortal Raiden. Far stronger than Goro and Shang Tsung, and overpowered Base Liu Kang)

Speed: Subsonic with at least High Hypersonic reactions and combat speed (Can keep up with Liu Kang)

Shinnok:

Still up to discussion

Elder Gods and One Being:

Still up to discussion, they have a easy 5-B feat of separating the realms (Even divided by 5, it will be on that range), that may not scale to physicals, in that case, they should just massively scale above Raiden

For speed, they should downscale from Liu Kang's flight feat, and easily scale higher than God Raiden

For the people that has no speed listed, they are Peak Human with Supersonic+ reactions as Reptile could dodge a bullet at point blank, with Sonya and the others scaling directly, I just avoided too much repetition

Honestly I think we could get Scorpion and co at 9-A; most of his 9-Bs are casual and there’s a few seemingly in the 9-A range

Maybe a calc of Reptile’s tree bust could help?

As for the rest;
  • Shinnok should probably be Unknown, he never fights anyone meaningfully and doesn’t do anything
  • I feel most of these characters should just have one key; there’s not really much power growth for a lot of them barring Raiden and Liu

Honestly I think we could get Scorpion and co at 9-A; most of his 9-Bs are casual and there’s a few seemingly in the 9-A range

Maybe a calc of Reptile’s tree bust could help?

As for the rest;
  • Shinnok should probably be Unknown, he never fights anyone meaningfully and doesn’t do anything
  • I feel most of these characters should just have one key; there’s not really much power growth for a lot of them barring Raiden and Liu
Yeah I believe the cyborg's missiles are very likely 9-A, and it would scale to Sub Zero and Scorpion

Reptile's feat was calced before and it got 9-C, but Sonya and Johnny Cage have clear cut Wall level stuff here since they can break wood stuff by launching their enemies at it or tank/create craters with their strikes

Some of them just have new feats, like Scorpion likely being 9-A (Physically), Johnny having his Green Aura and Jax having his new arms, so a new key is almost Standard procedure

I 100% agree on Shinnok, I'm kinda disappointed that he didn't fought or showed his powers, the only safe bet we can make is scaling him higher than Quan Chi

Yeah I believe the cyborg's missiles are very likely 9-A, and it would scale to Sub Zero and Scorpion
I'd suggest a calc to be sure but it certainly seems consistent with wat they do
Reptile's feat was calced before and it got 9-C, but Sonya and Johnny Cage have clear cut Wall level stuff here since they can break wood stuff by launching their enemies at it or tank/create craters with their strikes
Huh TIL
But yeah everyone has pretty cleanly 9-B stuff like tearing apart Tarkatans (who might be bulletproof) and I recall the fodder demon Kung Lao fought smashing a huge wooden gate (maybe 9-A?)
Edit: Found the feat but Lao gets trashed lmao
Some of them just have new feats, like Scorpion likely being 9-A (Physically), Johnny having his Green Aura and Jax having his new arms, so a new key is almost Standard procedure
TBH Scorpion didn't really get an amp that means a stat key is viable; Jax didn't really have any feats in the last movie and Johnny's aura feels like a tabber thing but it seemingly doesn't make him much stronger then the last film
I 100% agree on Shinnok, I'm kinda disappointed that he didn't fought or showed his powers, the only safe bet we can make is scaling him higher than Quan Chi
TBH even that feels weird; we have no idea if superiority would be with magic (ala Shang Tsung) or raw strength (Ala Shao Kahn). Especially since I can't recall Shinnok showing much in the way of magical power (like I think he just makes an illusion and seemingly can revive Scorpion)

Also almost forgot; this film pretty easily establishes Hanzo has Type 4 and Type 8 Immortality if he doesn't already and I think there's other fun hax stuff.

Unrelated but does it bother anyone else Kung Lao is voiced by MK11 Liu's actor? Like it's confusing no?

Actually while I'm here - should Liu get Reactive Power Level?
Like he's getting washed by Shang and Shao Kahn but then he turns the tides out of nowhere which is interesting

Like he's getting washed by Shang and Shao Kahn but then he turns the tides out of nowhere which is interesting
Huh, I didn't realized that, it does seem some sort of reactive power level

It could be, on Shang Tsung's case, that Liu Kang wasn't going all out and caught by surprise on that curse, but there is 0 reasons to assume he wasn't going all out against Shao Kahn

Higher with Reactive Power level seems right

I'm fine on the rest

I watched the movie now, I guess it really was rushed. The first movie was actually better tbh. Anyways...
Say that to like every cliche anime protag who gets a boost out of their emotions. His RPL isn't blatant or strongly implied, plus I didn't really get what happened in those fights. Liu Kang for some reason didn't use his fire powers during the first half of the fight with Shao, even when he did in his intro at the beginning of the movie when he trashes the Outworld invaders. Just a classic case of good guy being motivated by the overused mantra "Never give up!!!!!111"

I will say tho that his fire powers make him stronger than usual and grant him free flight, as seen in his fight against Shao and the first parts of the movie where he crashes down like a fireball. It also dispels curses (why didn't he use that before?) like the one cast on him by Shang, so he should get Statistics Amplification (probs Awakened Power because him being saddened by Raiden's death boosted him), Flight, and Purification (Type 1 since it only affected his arm, no spiritual level of damage) from that feat.

About feats, didn't Cyber Smoke melt a block of ice made by the younger Sub-Zero? I think that deserves a calc seeing how Sub takes a hit from that same heat tech to the face. Lots of other feats too that I think are much higher than Wall level.

Shinnok can scale above Scorpion I guess since he threatened to kill the guy over and over. But put a Possibly tier on that.

I'll address the rest of these soon

I watched the movie now, I guess it really was rushed. The first movie was actually better tbh. Anyways...

Say that to like every cliche anime protag who gets a boost out of their emotions. His RPL isn't blatant or strongly implied, plus I didn't really get what happened in those fights. Liu Kang for some reason didn't use his fire powers during the first half of the fight with Shao, even when he did in his intro at the beginning of the movie when he trashes the Outworld invaders. Just a classic case of good guy being motivated by the overused mantra "Never give up!!!!!111"
Eh idk the whole thing is a fecking mess lmao
I will say tho that his fire powers make him stronger than usual and grant him free flight, as seen in his fight against Shao and the first parts of the movie where he crashes down like a fireball. It also dispels curses (why didn't he use that before?) like the one cast on him by Shang, so he should get Statistics Amplification (probs Awakened Power because him being saddened by Raiden's death boosted him), Flight, and Purification (Type 1 since it only affected his arm, no spiritual level of damage) from that feat.
Sounds good
About feats, didn't Cyber Smoke melt a block of ice made by the younger Sub-Zero? I think that deserves a calc seeing how Sub takes a hit from that same heat tech to the face.
He does though I’m unsure what the heat would be there
Lots of other feats too that I think are much higher than Wall level.
The grenades are definitely above Wall tbh but I’m unsure if that’s be consistent enough
Shinnok can scale above Scorpion I guess since he threatened to kill the guy over and over. But put a Possibly tier on that.

Bruh idk even know about that, we have no idea how Shinnok would do this or if he even could since he seems arrogant enough o overestimate his capabilities

Calcs for the Ninjas could be good but I'm fairly certain those would mostly just apply to the stronger characters like Scorpion, Liu etc (Since Scorp seems like a top tier right?). Everyone else would probably be fine since they're clearly wall via feats.
Curious what we're doing with God of Flame Liu Kang though. Like he clearly has Tier 5 stuff but should that apply to physicals at all and would Raiden scale to any of his stuff as a God?

Sub-Zero and the cyborgs might scale too I guess.

That God of Flame form is actually the Elder Gods possessing Liu like what happened to Raiden in MK9, not Liu becoming a god. As for the tier 5 stuff, idk if he scales and we might have to look it through.

Let's see, Shinnok used a super long incantation on the Kamidogu so that he could merge them all and then absorb the merged Kamidogu it into his being (just like Onaga's scrapped ending in MKD? idk i forgor) rather than using physical force to merge the realms together, plus it seems like the Kamidogu are catalysts for dimensional stuff since merging them will merge the realms as well, just like a voodoo doll and its victim. So what do you guys make of that?

From what I remember, he first summoned the One Being, then it merges the realms

But it's EV in any scenario if u ask me

Back