• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
All High 8-C
Fight Takes Place In New York.
Peter and Miles Have Everything

Human Liu Kang And Good Raiden

"Huh, Flying Electricity Powers and Fancy Ancient Mystical Moves. Welp,
guess we aren't in a place to talk about originality. Alright Miles let's go."

"Liu Kang, do not under estimate these two. they are far deadlier than they appear.
Spider-Men we challenge you both to Mortal Kombat. You will face us. And you will lose.
"
peter-parker-and-miles-morales-appear-together-in-a-trailer-for-insomniac-s-spider-man-2-video-game.jpg
mortal-kombat-legends-liu-kang-raiden-1215281.jpeg
2666ac7a2e0816b7d066a5f141698665.gif

Thunder And Fire
Turtle School (Incon)
BEASTHEART880Peppersalt43, Gohan?_You're_still_alive?,Mariogoods

Last edited:
What's the AP difference? Also I'm gonna need some skill feats from Liu Kang and Raiden that are on par with Peter beating Taskmaster without even going all out, otherwise they're getting bolo'd.

6.598 Tons

Liu Kang is the champion of mortal kombat and has defeated beings like goro ermac kitana, shao kahn and shang tsung. all who have thousands of years of experience in combat, in kitana's case he was able to casually whoop her ass with a smile on his face while she was trying to kill him. ermac has the combat skill's and experience of several thousands of warriors. he is able to fight legions of trained tarkatan warriors aswell as fight off multiple shokun. he was also able to defeat the elder god shinnok. raiden is comparable to him.

Last edited:
6.598 Tons

Liu Kang is the champion of mortal kombat and has defeated beings like goro ermac kitana, shao kahn and shang tsung. all who have decades of experience in combat, in kitana's case he was able to casually whoop her ass with a smile on his face while she was trying to kill him. ermac has the combat skill's and experience of several thousands of warriors. he is able to fight legions of trained tarkatan warriors aswell as fight off multiple shokun. he was also able to defeat the elder god shinnok. raiden is comparable to him.
Okay, none of those sound as impressive as Taskmaster who can literally adapt and copy the fighting styles of his opponents, adding his own twists on them in the process mid-fight and Spidey beat his ass without even going all out. At least Liu Kang and Raiden have an AP Advantage though I don't think they'd ever be able to tag the Spiders due to both their Spider-Sense as well as their huge arsenal of equipment, not to mention that Peter is well equipped to fight electricity based fighters due to his numerous run-ins with Electro.

Okay, none of those sound as impressive as Taskmaster who can literally adapt and copy the fighting styles of his opponents, adding his own twists on them in the process mid-fight and Spidey beat his ass without even going all out. At least Liu Kang and Raiden have an AP Advantage though I don't think they'd ever be able to tag the Spiders due to both their Spider-Sense as well as their huge arsenal of equipment, not to mention that Peter is well equipped to fight electricity based fighters due to his numerous run-ins with Electro.
Taskmaster copies his opponents moves. after watching them in combat due to his photo reflective memory, and it's not something that scales to peter's skill at all. peter didn't beat him by pure skill be beat him cause he is much stronger than taskmaster, who was not trying to kill peter mind you but only testing to see if he was worthy to be hired by a company, also spider-sense isnt an instant never hit me card. there are multiple times where peter is taken off guard, overpowered, overwhelmed, and outskilled by opponents, look at silver sable who had caught him off guard with her traps, or even the interactions with taskmaster which start with peter being taken by suprise and wrapped up, even in the trailer for spider-man two he is once again taken off guard. its not like just having spider-sense makes him unouchable, it just helps him sense danger and dodge better, even electro has landed hits on him. also raiden and electro both have electicity but raiden is far more versitile than electro is such as teleportation, healing, setting lightning traps, and so much more. they also have the lifting advantage meaning webs wont hold them for long if even at all considering both can teleport or just blast them off.

Taskmaster copies his opponents moves. after watching them in combat due to his photo reflective memory, and it's not something that scales to peter's skill at all. peter didn't beat him by pure skill be beat him cause he is much stronger than taskmaster, who was not trying to kill peter mind you but only testing to see if he was worthy to be hired by a company, also spider-sense isnt an instant never hit me card. there are multiple times where peter is taken off guard, overpowered, overwhelmed, and outskilled by opponents, look at silver sable who had caught him off guard with her traps, or even the interactions with taskmaster which start with peter being taken by suprise and wrapped up, even in the trailer for spider-man two he is once again taken off guard. its not like just having spider-sense makes him unouchable, it just helps him sense danger and dodge better, even electro has landed hits on him. also raiden and electro both have electicity but raiden is far more versitile than electro is such as teleportation, healing, setting lightning traps, and so much more. they also have the lifting advantage meaning webs wont hold them for long if even at all considering both can teleport or just blast them off.
A) Spider-Man was holding back against Taskmaster, and even after Taskmaster had fully studied and analyzed his capabilities, Peter won. Yes, that is absolutely a skill feat. Have you seen the recent Insomniac Spider-Man intelligence revisions? Thats literally included. You can't simply dismiss this as "he was stronger". Did you not pay attention to their interactions...?
B) Peter was surprised at first, and yet when Taskmaster came back more prepared than ever, Spider-Man won. Your point is moot
C) Silver Sable has taken him off guard, sure....except when he got the chance to actually fight her for once, they fought evenly
D) You claim Peter's been outskilled numerous times. Even though the examples you named aren't even close to being proof of that
E) You bring up that Peter is not untouchable. He isn't of course, but he's got a lot more advantages in terms of evasive maneuvers against oncoming threats than Liu Kang or Raiden do thanks to his Spider-Sense. He's not untouchable, but he's not a sitting duck even in the slightest

Overall, you're severely downplaying Peter's capabilities here...

Last edited:
Also, having a photographic memory doesn't instantly means you can replicate any move you see. Given what Taskmaster can based on sight alone is pretty insane. Its kinda his thing, you don't see dudes like Indiana Jones (who has a photographic memory) replicating techniques Goku style

A) Spider-Man was holding back against Taskmaster, and even after Taskmaster had fully studied and analyzed his capabilities, Peter won. Yes, that is absolutely a skill feat. Have you seen the recent Insomniac Spider-Man intelligence revisions? Thats literally included. You can't simply dismiss this as "he was stronger". Did you not pay attention to their interactions...?
Overall, you're severely downplaying Peter's capabilities here...
Looking back on this I kinda did, mb
B) Peter was surprised at first, and yet when Taskmaster came back more prepared than ever, Spider-Man won. Your point is moot
C) Silver Sable has taken him off guard, sure....except when he got the chance to actually fight her for once, they fought evenly
E) You bring up that Peter is not untouchable. He isn't of course, but he's got a lot more advantages in terms of evasive maneuvers against oncoming threats than Liu Kang or Raiden do thanks to his Spider-Sense. He's not untouchable, but he's not a sitting duck even in the slightest
My point is that they can be tagged because he said they didnt think they could tag peter or miles due to spider-sense, I was bringing up points were he was tagged or hit. thats all I never was trying to imply that peter couldn't dodge any of there attacks.

My point is that they can be tagged because he said they didnt think they could tag peter or miles due to spider-sense, I was bringing up points were he was tagged or hit. thats all I never was trying to imply that peter couldn't dodge any of there attacks.
I see

What makes Spider Man's skill feat beating Taskmaster a significant deciding factor in this fight?
Taskmaster is a mercenary who possesses a "photo-reflexive memory", allowing him to observe, assess and then instantly replicate his target's combat maneuvers as well as develop his own countermeasures against them through anticipating their movements. After Spider-Man completed his challenges, Taskmaster was finished studying and analyzing him. Even then, Spider-Man was holding back and still beat Taskmaster

Peter beat an incredibly skilled mercenary who can fully understand and instantly replicate the physical movements of anyone he just glances at, as well as develop his own countermeasures in that same moment and predict their next attacks, and even after taking an extended period of time to learn pretty much everything about how Peter fights, Spider-Man still won without going all out

That’s significantly more skilled than the likes of what Liu Kang and Raiden are used to

Okay so about Peter vs Taskmaster being important
Taskmaster is a mercenary who possesses a "photo-reflexive memory", allowing him to observe, assess and then instantly replicate his target's combat maneuvers as well as develop his own countermeasures against them through anticipating their movements. After Spider-Man completed his challenges, Taskmaster was finished studying and analyzing him. Even then, Spider-Man was holding back and still beat Taskmaster

Peter beat an incredibly skilled mercenary who can fully understand and instantly replicate the physical movements of anyone he just glances at, as well as develop his own countermeasures in that same moment and predict their next attacks, and even after taking an extended period of time to learn pretty much everything about how Peter fights, Spider-Man still won without going all out

That’s significantly more skilled than the likes of what Liu Kang and Raiden are used to
I don't think this compares with Liu versus Shang Tsung in MK9, the latter being a far more superior version of TM. Liu fought and won against Shang whose mimicry of his opponent's powers includes their whole fighting style (an example of a known fighting style in MK being Liu's Jeet Kune Do inspired moves and Kenshi's Tai Chi based moves), all of their special moves (special moves including mundane techniques like Johnny Cage's Nut Punch and even more magical techniques like Sub-Zero's Ice Ball) and miscellaneous moves that he can use.

All of this is possible because every time he absorbs a soul, he retains their thoughts and memories (which seems to be a universal thing in MK) and it allows him to draw from them to have the necessary knowledge to perform the technique in the exact same manner that that soul's owner did. Not only does he copy the movements and whatnot in a move (like the turning of the legs, switching of stance, etc. needed in a move) but he also assumes the form required for the technique (e.g. assuming the form of one like Kollector who uses his four arms to attack so that the two-armed Shang can also have and use them)

Judging from what I've seen of TM, he only seems to copy specific techniques (which would be the equivalent of a special move or a single normal in MK) rather than his enemy's entire martial art or fighting style/s. So TM's replication was him taking out mere pieces of the whole that is Peter's plethora of fighting skill. Besides I've never seen TM dump his sword to fight like Peter who uses his fists and legs and lots of acrobatics, instead sticking to his own style of sword moves and kicks and some sort of grappling hook, so that's proof of him not having a more potent copying skill that what Liu has fought. Plus Liu's feat is as held back as Peter's, seeing how he wasn't as ferocious and willing to kill in his fight with Shang.
It also means that the two aren’t likely to easily predict Peter’s attacks or attack him with moves he can’t deal with
Raiden and Liu's speed advantage makes this less effective, plus both fighters have powers and fighting styles that are alien with what Peter has faced, such as more potent teleportation (which I'd argue is more combat effective than TM's pseudo tp with his smoke bombs and I don't think any of the villains and enemies that Peter and Miles fight have better tp than Raiden's after looking through the profiles)
It’s worth noting that Miles’ Venom Techniques significantly amplify his abilities, to the point where he can one-shot somebody stronger than himself and Peter
Raiden and Liu already have an AP advantage coupled with the latter having his own damage boost (no exact multiplier, but it's a boost on top of an AP advantage regardless) plus Raiden has additional debilitating effects in his lightning, such as manipulating your body movement and paralysis

Judging from what I've seen of TM, he only seems to copy specific techniques (which would be the equivalent of a special move or a single normal in MK) rather than his enemy's entire martial art or fighting style/s. So TM's replication was him taking out mere pieces of the whole that is Peter's plethora of fighting skill. Besides I've never seen TM dump his sword to fight like Peter who uses his fists and legs and lots of acrobatics, instead sticking to his own style of sword moves and kicks and some sort of grappling hook, so that's proof of him not having a more potent copying skill that what Liu has fought. Plus Liu's feat is as held back as Peter's, seeing how he wasn't as ferocious and willing to kill in his fight with Shang.

Raiden and Liu's speed advantage makes this less effective, plus both fighters have powers and fighting styles that are alien with what Peter has faced, such as more potent teleportation (which I'd argue is more combat effective than TM's pseudo tp with his smoke bombs and I don't think any of the villains and enemies that Peter and Miles fight have better tp than Raiden's after looking through the profiles)
So first off, you’re definitely underplaying Taskmaster because he definitely can and has copied entire styles. What is it with people downplaying Taskmaster…? You’re also completely ignoring the fact about how he creates countermeasures to fighting styles literally right after observing them. You’re acting as if Taskmaster didn’t use anything effective against Peter and was approaching him with nothing effective

Second of all, I never said this was Peter’s only skill feat, and he definitely has others that back up his combative finesse here

So first off, you’re definitely underplaying Taskmaster because he definitely can and has copied entire styles. What is it with people downplaying Taskmaster…? You’re also completely ignoring the fact about how he creates countermeasures to fighting styles literally right after observing them. You’re acting as if Taskmaster didn’t use anything effective against Peter and was approaching him with nothing effective

Second of all, I never said this was Peter’s only skill feat, and he definitely has others that back up his combative finesse here
Do yo have anything that shows that this version taskmaster is capable of copying entire styles and analyzing them and not just certain moves?

I'd like to see proof of him copying a person's entire plethora of techniques first because what I've seen in his fights where he seems to copy and apply very little of what he took from Peter says otherwise. Forgot to address TM's countermeasures, but I'll do it soon.

Personally think that Peter vs TM is his best skill feat after seeing TM and taking a look at the profiles of the villains he's faced but feel free to prove me wrong

I'd like to see proof of him copying a person's entire plethora of techniques first because what I've seen in his fights where he seems to copy and apply very little of what he took from Peter says otherwise. Forgot to address TM's countermeasures, but I'll do it soon.
If he were to apply very little of what he learned, then the time he spent putting Spider-Man through challenges and analyzing him before fighting would be absolutely fruitless. Claiming he's applying little of what he learned is headcanon

Liu Kang would definitely have a lot of trouble with Miles' venom abilities and could even get KO'd by it if he's not careful since he has no resistance to electricity manipulation and paralysis inducement. Raiden would definitely be Miles and Peters biggest challenge since he's basically just a far more skilled and powerful Electro. Their biggest advantage against him would be Miles maybe being able to absorb his electricity.

I'll give my input in this since the intelligence revisions was created by me lol.

For starters
Judging from what I've seen of TM, he only seems to copy specific techniques (which would be the equivalent of a special move or a single normal in MK) rather than his enemy's entire martial art or fighting style/s. So TM's replication was him taking out mere pieces of the whole that is Peter's plethora of fighting skill.
First off, it's not just small pieces of peter's fighting skill that he replicates. In the fights, it was stated many times that TM knows Peter's moves. And before anyone says "Oh when they say "moves", they clearly mean a couple finishers". I'll explain why that doesn't make sense. You gotta look at the dialogue in the fights. During the fight, when TM does a finisher. Peter says and I quote "He's got my finishers too?!". It wouldn't make any sense that Peter would use the word "moves" to mean his finishers and then get shocked that TM does it. And if that's not enough, TM literally said that watching him do all his challenges taught him all of Peter's moves which Peter doesn't deny. You not only have statements from both characters saying it, but you have him using a crap ton of Peter's moves in the middle of battle, plus TM knows, anticipates, and blocks Peter's moves and make counters to them. Peter himself was even shocked on how many times TM was blocking and countering his attacks. That's why Peter had use a different approach in that fight. So saying that TM only used mere pieces is kinda downplaying him.
Besides I've never seen TM dump his sword to fight like Peter who uses his fists and legs and lots of acrobatics, instead sticking to his own style of sword moves and kicks and some sort of grappling hook,

Personally think that Peter vs TM is his best skill feat after seeing TM and taking a look at the profiles of the villains he's faced but feel free to prove me wrong
Sigh...
  1. Literally used Peter's downslide and back kick(keep in mind, this isn't even an finisher)
  2. Used Peter's web strike(not a finisher)
  3. Used peter's drop kick(not a finisher)
  4. Peter's uppercut and ground slam(not a finisher)
  5. Peter's throw(not a finisher)
  6. Peter's swing kick(not a finisher)
  7. And finally, we can add ALL the finishers that he used against him
To say that he used "very little" during the fight especially when you have statements from both characters saying the same thing is just CAP.

As for the fight in general. I have a quick question, can Raiden absorb electricity? When I see the absorption on his page, it doesn't say anything about absorbing electricity. Just want to be sure about something.

Last edited:
As for the fight in general. I have a quick question, can Raiden absorb electricity? When I see the absorption on his page, it doesn't say anything about absorbing electricity. Just want to be sure about something.
I don't remember him ever doing it, but he has absorbed other types of energy before, though they were not electrical so he probably won't be able absorb Venom blasts.

I know miles could absorb energy, but how much can he take before it starts to effect him again?

Miles should be out immediately tho cause he was bopping his head to that Hot Ass sounds of the city beat Jeff and Aaron made.

I'll just acknowledge TM's skill knowing all of Peter's moves and how Peter scales above it at this point, but this isn't purely a hand-to-hand situation for both Liu and Raiden and both of them can keep up here (perhaps even surpass him) thanks to their own skill feats. There's their overall stat advantage that's very significant and their powers (and their application of it) that neither of the Spider Men have any good counters to. Both of their skill doesn't matter when Raiden and Liu are 4-5x faster, a 2x AP and durability advantage with boosts on top of it, and unique powers that he has no prior knowledge of or experience with.

As for his absorption, the only instance he used it was taking the Jinsei from Shinnok who absorbed it and absorbing the corruption that Shinnok put in the Jinsei

following, leaning MK but Spider People probably got some nutty equipment to keep up so I'm gonna wait for some supporters

Liu Kang most likely looses to either miles or Peter. Id say he could hold his own for a time, but ultimately he'd loose.

Raiden shouldn't be in this fight. For this level of competition, Raiden wouldn't need to fight. If he wanted to win, or kill his opponents, he'd just blow them up from the inside. Raiden is FAR above even spidermen.

Yeah I might vote for Raiden and Liu but not yet, will come back with reasoning that says that skill isn't the deciding factor here with the amount of advantages they have

Back