• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 11 Revisions

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Yesterday I finished watching the story mode (and endings), I didn't think it possible but it was better than MK9's story mode. And now I'm able to help the verse by providing evidence of the things claimed in the profiles, so yeah.

• (Ô£ô)Raiden's Resistance to Fate Manip is incorrect, "Kronika's destiny to make him and Liu Kang fight each other" is entirely manual.
  • (Ô£ô)The type 2 Acausality characters have scaling from Raiden is wrong too, as Kronika intended to kill him by messing with time. +there should be no past Raiden if he really had type 2 Acausality.
  • (Ô£ô but not applied to everyone yet)All normal characters, while they not have type 1 Acausality, should have a small part of their P&A saying that they can interact with their past selfs but will share with them irreparable damage & dead. Just to inform, every verse handles this stuff differently.
    • In the practice of a vsthread, this would mean that Funny Valentine can't paradox anyone in MK and anybody reading any profile would know this.
  • (x)If Raiden's Precognition comes from what happened in MK9 then it's not just "not combat applicable", it would only happen sometimes after him turning back time.
  • (Ô£ô)Raiden and Sub-Zero should have Clairvoyance with their dreams with Low-Multiversal range via having some knowledge of their Injustice counterparts. Cetrion should have Clairvoyance via knowing that their dreams about that are true via unexplored methods.
  • (Ô£ô)Raiden's Memory Manipulation should be removed and added to his Clairvoyance, also being a feat with Low-Multiversal range.
  • (Ô£ô)Cetrion should not have Resistance to Existence Erasure.
  • (Ô£ô)Noob should have likely Resistance to Soul Manip and definitely Absorption of them as he was believed to be killed when swallowed in a storm of souls, which made him stronger and "legion", a biblical reference that basically means Ermac's catchphrase.
  • (Ô£ô)..Shouldn't Noob have some regen given that he can take his weapon from his body and be fine afterwards?
Maybe more stuff later if I remember more over time.

Agree with some of them, but

Raiden having precog and acausality at the same time makes no sense, but what can we get from his theory about immortals being unaffected by the normal laws of time?

Cetrion only survived since she betrayed the EGs from the beginning, thus sparing her from Kronika

Raiden's fatehax resist should come from his "gift" protecting him and God Liu from the Hourglass' power

I'm neutral on the abilities based on intro dialogues, plus Noob having Regenerationn is likely since he didn't reply to Hanzo that Kronika saved him but instead he told him "Quan Chi's creations do not die easily" plus he has multiple "I can't die" statements. Plus he may just be phasing his sickle through his body

I'd like to add that Raiden's precog was used when he tried to find the culprit behind the theft of the Kamidogu during the MKX comics. He doesn't need to turn back time

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Raiden having precog and acausality at the same time makes no sense, but what can we get from his theory about immortals being unaffected by the normal laws of time?

Cetrion only survived since she betrayed the EGs from the beginning, thus sparing her from Kronika

Raiden's fatehax resist should come from his "gift" protecting him and God Liu from the Hourglass' power

I'm neutral on the abilities based on intro dialogues, plus Noob having Regenerationn is likely since he didn't reply to Hanzo that Kronika saved him but instead he told him "Quan Chi's creations do not die easily" plus he has multiple "I can't die" statements. Plus he may just be phasing his sickle through his body
Some text in his P&A showing how he said that while saying that it did nothing in the practice. ...If not then "Likely Resistance to Laws of Time".

So do you agree there?

The Hourglass' power is time manip, nothing more. Using that Kronika goes and manually manipulates events and people, thus changing their "fate". It really doesn't help how there are 0 instances of her visually modifying fate yet many of her, well, manually manipulating events and people.

The abilities based on intro dialogues aren't just x character says it can do this; therefore it can. But instead many instances of it saying it can do something in many different ways+with consistency in the story; therefore it can do that in the ways it may say it can. He's likely not just phasing his sickle through his body as the first time he's shown he has it impaled from one part of his body to another one (I'll say Solomon Grundy style).

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Also can you give some input in the mk downgrades thread? Ty
Sure, now I can be in every MK thread.

Yes

Yes

The Hourglass contains the Sands of Time, which is stated to guide the destiny of the realms and every soul therei. Some of the arcade endings also confirm this plus Raiden also said that only she has such power over time and fate.

I guess so

Thank you

The Hourglass seems to do that via time manip, I saw all endings and all point out to it being no more than that, also supported by the story. As such it is very likely to be poetic, as I see it at least.

Agree with everything in the OP and anything else you guys discussed about, but should Noob get Necromancy and Corruption from his ending? He displayed the latter ability in MK:A Konquest Mode by giving it to Smoke to make dark Lin Kuei warriors.

Is there anything in the story that proves these intros true? I think D'Vorah's statement seems to make the most sense here, but the rest are cocky and contradictory statements.

Kabal can move fast enough to become completely invisible but he's not as fast as lightning since it would be an outlier.

Skarlet only came back via time merger

Noob not having a soul doesn't make sense since he wasn't created the same way as the Revenants who had their soul confiscated from them by Quan Chi. I don't recall anything about Noob losing his soul during the process and he may have been simply resurrected just like Scorpion.

Okay, but maybe we should switch Empowerment with Statistics Amplification instead

Everyone keeping up with Kabal is an outlier, something that should go before Kabal himself having an outlier. The second statement is kinda cocky but the first one states clear information without not being meant to be taken literally.

Noob being made by unknown means is no contradiction as long as we don't know if he himself has a soul. He also states in other intro to be perfected next to Revenants, so there is that.

Ok so..

• Raiden's Resistance to Fate Manip being removed
  • The type 2 Acausality characters have scaling from Raiden being removed, as well as Raiden's
  • Normal characters being able to interact with their past selfs but will share with them irreparable damage & dead.
  • Clairvoyance with their dreams for Raiden and Sub-Zero
  • Clairvoyance for Cetrionvia via unexplored methods
  • Raiden's Memory Manipulation being removed and added to his Clairvoyance, having Low-Multiversal range
  • Cetrion's Resistance to Existence Erasure being removed
  • Noob having Resistance to Soul Manip and Absorption of them
  • Mid-Low regen for Noob.
  • Some text in Raiden's P&A saying that he is unaffected by the normal laws of time/Likely Resistance to Laws of Time, any of which pointing out how unexplored this is
  • Necromancy and Corruption for Noob
  • D'Vorah being immune to poison
  • Geras' Reactive Evolution & Empowerment being removed for only Stat Amp
All of that seems to be the accepted changes.

This seems fine

That said, why do low tiers scale to 9-A instead of High 8-C from the Oni Warlord feat?

DMUA said:
This seems fine
That said, why do low tiers scale to 9-A instead of High 8-C from the Oni Warlord feat?
Low tiers are 9-A during MK9 (the tournaments and invasion) but they are High 8-C in the next game

But, like, the plot of MK11 puts characters in MK9 fighting modern versions of themselves and other characters.

Hmm they didn't receive power boosts in between the games, but I guess it's fine.

But those keys with "First Tournament" in them are still 9-A, because MK11 versions fought their versions during the second tournament.

The time between both Tournaments is very little wasn't it? So I believe there should be no tier change from one to another.

RIP smol building level calcs I guess

Also resistance to corruption for Sub-Zero? From Sareena's bio where Sub-Zero was in the Netherrealm and he resisted being turned into a monster (this is also mentioned in Scorpion's MKDA Konquest mode)

They should all be in a Feats section.

I would think this only happens to Sareena due to being a demon and nothing like that is meant to happen to Sub-Zero, but what's said in Scorpion's MKDA Konquest mode?

"Eficiente said:
They should all be in a Feats section.
I would think this only happens to Sareena due to being a demon and nothing like that is meant to happen to Sub-Zero, but what's said in Scorpion's MKDA Konquest mode?
Here

It's a summary of the lore you see in MKDA's Konquest Mode where you train combos and special attacks

And I got it wrong actually, it's in Drahmin's and not Scorpion's since I don't memorize these especially when it's from an old game.

"The torturous environment of the 5th plane of the Netherealm can twist any being into a vicious monster. Such is the story of Drahmin, the Oni Tormentor. Once a mortal man, he was banished to this unforgiving realm and forgotten for ages. He is no longer the being he once was."

Nothing says it wouldn't be an over time thing, but saying that it affected her faster due to being already a monster would be headcanon. Still, this resistance (to corruption and transmutation) should be properly elaborated to everyone who scales to have it.

Like this; "Endured being in the 5th plane of the Netherealm, which can twist any being into a vicious monster, this in turn caused Sareena to lose control of her human apperance and reverted to her original demonic form briefly after being tired for an intense fight"

Forget that part for Geras.

The dude has no reason to have it, being a fixed point in time, for him, just means his regen & Immortality.

Idk, I just know that the fancy words are aiming to refer to that. Which he says right after resurrecting the first time.

That would still give him acausality, he doesn't have anything that contradicts this. Plus it's likely that Raiden's statement about existing outside the laws of time applies to him as well.

Not really, Raiden has that due to being an immortal god, Geras is not a god and could be immortal due to his time powers. Also nothing needs to contradicts this as there is nothing to prove it.

That's good to add, Elder Gods have canonically resurrected his clan but they came back as undead for unknown reasons

About Sub killing Scorp, I'm not sure what you're trying to say here but is that supposed to be his AP justification?

Stabbed, not killed, and yes. Iirc some deaths there were retconned, but this is what we see.

Hold up

Not technically MK 11 but Shang tsung page says he's equal to Quan chi and lists City lvl but Quan chi says Small Town+

???

Back