• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 11 Revisions

I think we should only say that the Jinsei is doing nothing but boosting his power. Those healing properties could be used for that, thus not healing anything. We don't know.

Eficiente said:
I think we should only say that the Jinsei is doing nothing but boosting his power. Those healing properties could be used for that, thus not healing anything. We don't know.
We could just give it a possibly before it

Also he should have limited sand manip and energy manip from being able to use the Hourglass and sculpting the sands of time inside it

I agree with a likely or possibly before it.

He uses that due to being in a location, so a point should be made at the end of his P&A, then a "While in the (idk the name of the place) using the Hourglass he has access to:" or something like that.

Eficiente said:
I agree with a likely or possibly before it.
He uses that due to being in a location, so a point should be made at the end of his P&A, then a "While in the (idk the name of the place) using the Hourglass he has access to:" or something like that.
Technically it's located in Kronika's Keep, but it disappeared when time went back to the cretaceous or chaotian age. Instead it should be: "While using the Hourglass he has access to: limited sand manip and energy manip"

Shang Tsung's forward grab has him phasing his hand in his opponent to absorb part of its soul, somewhat treating his whole opponent as a soul or who knows. Should this give him Limited Intangibility? I doubt this only works on biological beings.

Also the last 2 things he has on Summoning should go as Creation, which he can use to do this.

He also phases his hands through the chest in his MK9 X-Ray move, I think he should have it. Also in his MKA bio he was able to fight Raiden when he was reduced to a soul. I'm not sure what ability is this tho

"In an instant, Raiden's blast destroyed us all! Our souls intertwined, we did battle in the ether. But I was drawn away by a magic more powerful than death. My essence returned to Outworld, where I found myself face to face with Shao Kahn!"

Yeah, that seems fine but Kintaro's example might be limited duplication.

Types 2 & 8 Immortality when dead, I guess.

But duplication would take far more speculation, no?

I saw the process in the MK2 comic, and all he did was give him a new body and soul to use so yes

Also should Noob and Scorpion get resistance to holy manip from this?

"The Oni brough Scorpion before the portal to The Heavens that Shang Tsung had tapped as a source of limitless souls. They hurled him into the Soulnado and his hellspawn body was ripped apart by the purity of that realm."

It explains what happens when someone like Scorpion and Noob gets thrown into a soulnado, and both of them survived the process

In the chance that you may have a link to that comic I would appreciate if you could share it, even if it's probably not canon. I've also heard that the verse has a book that I wouldn't mind reading one day.

Where does that text come from? It would be different kind of Soulnado tho, I'm saying that coming from Raiden's line in MK9 "One of Shao Kanh's Soulnados" and the fact that it is one from The Heavens, which has all the reasons to be holy while others aren't. If Scorpion's body survived being ripped apart by holy stuff then he should have the resistance.

I'm trying to find it rn but my connection isn't good in the place I'm in, so maybe later

Also I'm wrong about that, Scorpion escaped the soulnado by breaking free from the souls in the soulnado to escape into the Void where the Elder Gods live

I'm trying to find it rn but my connection isn't good in the place I'm in, so maybe later

Also I'm wrong about that, Scorpion escaped the soulnado by breaking free from the souls in the soulnado to escape into the Void where the Elder Gods live

So...did he regen'd from having his body ripped apart? Also if he took the damage he was going to take and was going to die by it then yeah, no resistance.

Here's a proposed change in the scaling

Others keeping up with Sub would be an outlier, as well as Quan Chi getting beaten by low-tiers (at least the last time he got an explanation).

Quan Chi and Shang Tsung weren't that strong back then, it wasn't until they formed the Deadly Alliance that they were able to beat Liu, Shao and Raiden. Plus in the OG timeline Shang has always failed Shao during MK1-3

Why is Sub-Zero low tier btw?

The Deadly Alliance is just them teaming up, Shang has a big final boss status and Quan Chi too to a lesser degree, and was able to fight Raiden in MKX. It's also kinda weird how he made Scorpion but is so much weaker than him.

Sub-Zero is City level via scaling to Scorpion, who in turn scales to Raiden, but Sub

• Only beat Scorpion once or twice in his timeline
  • Repeatedly loses to him all the other times
    • Including the time he got amped by the Kamidogu
  • Never fought the other top-tiers
  • And also loses to other low-tiers
    • Which so does Scorpion

Eficiente said:
Shang absorbed the soul of Liu Kang and before that even happened he was consuming souls after Shao agreed to free him in MKDA, so he had a power boost during that time.

Sub-Zero wrecked Scorpion when he was amped with the Kamidogu, and even when he ran out he was still able to survive multiple attacks from Scorp. He only lost to low tiers when he was a revenant, and that was when Shinnok wasn't around that time as a power source. Besides Scorp, he has only lost to Kabal (a mid tier), Cage and Sonya back when he was a revenant. Plus he has lots of feats above the low and mid tiers

An intro dialogue in MK11 implies that him and his Lin Kuei "outclassed" Kotal and his army near the end of MKX. I can't find it rn but it's definitely there

Going over that one more time, Sub got his scar by Kano and one of the 2 times Shang lost to a low-tier was due to turning into Sub.

Saying something more productive, another key(?) in the tabber for Notable Attacks/Techniques should explain the powers that the characters have as a whole. Seeing someone in that Scorpion vs Wolf thread saying that the former doesn't use teleportation IC was certainly a thing.

Eficiente said:
Going over that one more time, Sub got his scar by Kano and one of the 2 times Shang lost to a low-tier was due to turning into Sub.

Saying something more productive, another key(?) in the tabber for Notable Attacks/Techniques should explain the powers that the characters have as a whole. Seeing someone in that Scorpion vs Wolf thread saying that the former doesn't use teleportation IC was certainly a thing.
That was back when he was a low tier, after Kano sneaked on him and slit his eye he got a boost from the Kamidogu. Even after he didn't have any more magic to use in his blood, he still retained the strength he had from that time. Also the Kamidogu was able to pierce through Raiden iirc

Actually that's a pretty good idea

Why profiles?

Sub stated the Outworld(?) to be infinite in size which makes me wonder the accuracy of the supposed interstellar range via portals and Teleportation when travelling from there to Earthrealm and vice versa.

Jax said that time was different in Outworld and that he feel that he was there for weeks, this should be added next to the age of the characters who were enough time there, and we should remove all of thore "immortal" in that section too.

Shaolin Monks isn't canon, it's just a retelling of MK2. It has non-canon stuff like Kano, Jade and Ermac's death as well as Quan Chi taking the amulet from Shao Kahn's corpse even though he acquired it from Bi-Han stealing it for him.

I missed that on the MK wiki and thought it as a retcon.

Shang sank his island overtime at the beginning, maybe he shook it at best which would be calculable.

Back