• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Taven (Mortal Kombat) revisions

So, our taven (and daegon) profiles are kinda outdated, they are 7-B despite fujin and raiden being high 8-C now, so of course a downgrade is required

he can survive large catapult fireballs and fast moving meteors bigger than him in the netherealm, two even destroyed a large amout of rock in different instances, and he was fine jumping out of sektor's warship which seemed to be in the clouds' height, i think those are good supporting feats

his speed rating say "His time stop is effective on all foes", which is like, unnecessary, is a time stop

Taven also uses a lot of different weapons in konquest, from gauntlets, to hammers, to magic staffs, so i think he could have weapon mastery

his stamina could mention that the entire konquest campaign took place over the course of one day, which is confirmed when taven says he and daegon played togheter "yesterday" and daegon said it was yesterday for taven, referring to him being doormant, he can also fight while poisoned, he loses life but can still fight normally.

his intelligence could mention that he is able to use sektor's warship control panels to open doors, and he is able to quickly strategize and utilize his enviroment, and he seems to learn fast inside of the obelisks, and that he fought several kombatants like raiden, havoc, li mei, blaze, etc

his lifting strength should mention that he can casually snap necks and easily rip people in half.

his teleportation only works for a few meters, he needs 12 power crystals to teleport dozens of meters away so a weakness

his time stop seems to have limited range, hard to say how far it is but i have seen enemies far away in large rooms be unaffected, but i'm pretty sure it is tens of meters, it lasts for 7 seconds i think, i'm gonna recheck, and more importantly, hitting enemies during it makes them break out of the time stop, essentially his time stop seems to be more of a time suspension since it only affects enemies, IIRC it doesn't stop projectiles or grenades

now, for the cooler part, taven gets access to weapons in certain parts of the game, they only last for one fight though (some do reapper in obelisks), could they be used as optimal equipment?

hammer: just a big hammer, kills enemies fast so i guess higher ap

sword: just a sword

ice scepter: can freeze enemies by hitting them, throwing balls of ice energy or letting out a shockwave of ice energy, also apparentely freezing and killing enemies powers it up enough to break a wall of ice, so Ice Manipulation and Empowerment?

red scepter: it can throw red energy foward, send it to the sky to seek a enemy, slam the ground to launch a shockwave of it or attract far away enemies to touch the scepter, and here is the thing, all of those things turn them into smoke, leaving behind only their torso armor and shoulder plates, so i think Deconstruction, Energy Manipulation, Homing attack and Telekinesis.

Spiky Gauntlets: they hit enemies hard and can one shoot them so higher ap, though they seem to coat themselves in energy and produce some in the picking animation, so Aura and higher ap.

Flaming sword: just a sword on fire

giant cleaver: giant cleaver

so i think that's it

Last edited:
Taven's profile, just like those of the entire old timeline, are simply outdated and relics of a past when things worked differently and the standards were lower.

Characters such as Raiden and Fujin are High 8-C because they represent the new timeline, the old one was left rotting (I'm supposed to get to work on it someday, I just wanted to other stuff first because it's a massive work). The 7-B rating is outdated and wrong these days.

Adding some missing stuff as patchwork should be fine, but the feats you mentioned need to be calced. This 9-A calc for him was made some time ago (gosh, already 1 yr and a half, I'm old), but no progress was made since then.

Taven's profile, just like those of the entire old timeline, are simply outdated and relics of a past when things worked differently and the standards were lower.

Characters such as Raiden and Fujin are High 8-C because they represent the new timeline, the old one was left rotting (I'm supposed to get to work on it someday, I just wanted to other stuff first because it's a massive work). The 7-B rating is outdated and wrong these days.

Adding some missing stuff as patchwork should be fine, but the feats you mentioned need to be calced. This 9-A calc for him was made some time ago (gosh, already 1 yr and a half, I'm old), but no progress was made since then.
Mk looks like a annoying ass verse to work with tbh

Back