• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 11 Revisions

Just saw that Dande vs Shinnok thread

• Isn't Shinnok's sealing taking time something that varies, and should thus give Resistance to those who it took time to seal?
  • Shouldn't Shinnok (and Lucifer) have the same Resistance to time hax that Raiden has as they are of the same race of beings?

They have very minor resistance to sealing if they were going to get sealed.

Though yes, Shinnok should resist time hax

It would be like, minor resistance to air manip or absorption at best as all Raiden and Fujin resisted was the amulet sucking them into itself. Unless I'm missing something.

Eficiente said:
It would be like, minor resistance to air manip or absorption at best as all Raiden and Fujin resisted was the amulet sucking them into itself. Unless I'm missing something.
Tbh it looked like telekinesis pulling them in rather than absorption/air

I'll give a cutscene to prove it l8er

Tbh the amulet's sealing method seems pretty inconsistent, as Raiden seals Shinnok when he was a few feet away from him but Raiden isn't sealed when he's just a few feet away from being sealed. But maybe it's because it requires effort to seal someone, as in the first example Raiden was struggling to seal him in while Shinnok looked like he was just enjoying himself

Plus this was pretty overlooked, but Shinnok appears to react to Raiden's lightning here

Well, Raiden and Fujin were only a little tired and blasted away by Shinnok, the latter was defeated in kombat, so it makes sense to me.

Happy to see more consistency on speed, I remember seeing that looking for feats like that and I completely missed it. (Also 100% useless but the hispanic version of MKX has a lot of characters with voice actors from DBZ, and everything fitting)

Just another overlooked feat, but it could potentially upgrade Raiden and the people who scale to him

In the beginning of MK11, we see Dark Raiden torturing Shinnok with a bunch of lightning bolts coming through a hole in the ceiling of the Sky Temple. Now the feat here could be that a single lightning bolt smashed through multiple floors which is similar to this feat (assuming that a single bolt did this btw)

I can't find proof that he did this with one bolt, but I can still find proof that this was Raiden's doing. That hole was not even there before and you can even see some of the debris (which was also not there before) in the Jinsei Chamber which was likely relocated so that he could a good shot at Shinnok.

I assume you're referring to Raiden's chapter in MKX? The hole in the ceiling that was in his chapter wasn't that big, plus the Sky Temple looks different from before.

Yeah, those older games also have a lot of ridiculous finishers that may or may not be applicable to what the characters are really able to do, I'll later make a list of those who I think should apply even if as a likely or possibly. And by that I mean mostly those coming from magic users.

Went through the Nighwolf trailer and got the following:

• Summoning (He summons the animal spirits of the wolf, eagle and bear. MURICA)
  • Invulnerability (His bear spirit ability has projectiles bounce away from him, plus armor)
  • Damage Boost? (Wolf spirit ability gives him a buff where blue blasts happen when he hits stuff)
  • Sound Manipulation (See his fatal blow startup where all 3 spirits do a stun with their roars)
Nighwolf's lifting strength should be upgraded by this since he can rip jaws off (chest included, oof)

I went through all of Nightwolf's abilities, intros and miscellaneous animations and got the following abilities, excluding those that have already been stated by me:

• Damage Reduction (Via Spirit of Komo, it's not invulnerability and the ability reduces damage taken)
  • Purification (Type 2, was able to partially cleanse Shujinko's soul from Netherrealm taint but this feat was done over time)
  • Limited Telekinesis (Can recall his tomahawk via Moonfall)
Also MK11 received a new balance patch which severely nerfed Scorpion (rip scorp mains) but there are few characters that received new abilities. Such as...

All those powers are good but I have a problem with the Resistance to Soul Manipulation, the Soulnado wasn't sucking souls yet.

So, Nightwolf's ancestors healed him from shots as shown in his ending. I saw his intros but he gains nothing beyond the fact that he only lost to Scorp 'cuz he felt like it.

Hellbeast1 said:
I dunno that feels like banter (like how Shao says Liu can't win despite him having won)
Nightwolf and banter don't mix very well

He might have let him win because eliminating him from the tournament will destroy his chances at having his family and clan back (if he advanced to the next round he would have fought and spared Sub-Zero and this will let Raiden convince the gods to rez the Shirai Ryu)

I think they misremembered him as the powerful guy who defeated Sindel and tried to remove him a lose. Speaking of misremembering and Sindel...uhh.

Also I kinda want to add certain intro between Erron and Nightwolf as the former's quote, same with Kung Lao and Frost.

Again though I'm unsure if we can use intros for scaling and such.

Also the Sindel retcon hurts me (She looks cool tho)

Back