• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Woody should be 9-C.

I'm not crazy I swear

So I was at the Remy vs Woody thread, and I brought up this feat from Zurg: https://youtu.be/GerXJVoOeJA

With the help of other users, (and with "other users" i mean JackytheJack) we were able to calculate this as street level.

After that, I pulled out other feat, (https://youtu.be/LM6N3naX8qI) that Jacky calculated as athlete level.

I was wanting to see if we could put them in their profiles.

Special thanks to JackytheJack for doing the math( Ôò╣Ôû¢Ôò╣ )

The calculations and the work for said calculations should be moved to a blog post and a Calc group member is going to have to accept it first.

I didn't see them linked in the OP for easy access though. I found one however. But I do need to point out some details.

For one, free falling feats are not usually as impressive as they get calculated at. Especially if soft landing or soft body need to be accounted for. And even great falls have low precision compared to a punch or a bullet shot. I'm pretty sure a Street level character could punch a stuffed animal without breaking it as soft objects are resistant to blunt force.

Seeing the result for the falling feat. I think it's outlier. And believe me. I would love street level toys. But it doesn't sit well with me.

So, Butters, how would you think we should go along with this then?

Make the toys stone walls or make them mid-tier 10-A?

Well. Toys I won't lie. Are definitely stronger than we should give them credit for. Much stronger than say, a mouse. Woody even pushed that one fat dog off of him iirc. Durability is at least scalable to the feat. I'm iffy on the AP. But I haven't seen anything that I recall that would go against it.

Just gotta yeet myself in here to say Mr. Potato Head's dura, nor anyone's dura should really scale to anyone

The toys don't cause any actual damage to eachother, they just kinda go oof whenever they're hit

The only time I can actually think of a toy being damaged is The Prospector threatening to tear off Woody's already damaged arm. Meanwhile the RC feat completely fragged Mr. Potato Head

I mean we've given people ap ratings for making other people say oof before, tbf. Mumen Rider is sort of an example.

I agree that Toy Story does appear to be full of inconsistencies, and none of the toys are destructive. I doubt Cid is a peak human when it's implied he's no stronger than any adults like at all. And he was able to single handedly terrorize and entire room full of toys. And only in large numbers and element of surprise were they able to drive him away.

Jackythejack said:
I mean we've given people ap ratings for making other people say oof before, tbf. Mumen Rider is sort of an example.
Just making someone oof doesn't mean you're able to actually damage them and thereby overcome their dura

A baby poking an Olympic Champion in the eye could make him go "Oof". Or even a little kid kicking someone in the shin has made people go oof.

Well that is a weak point, so not sure it's quite valid

still the idea is the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back