• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Woody: Tier 4 Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsican

He/Him
The discussion on here pretty much concluded that taking the events of Kingdom Hearts III as cano via WoG was deemed unreliable as literally the only thing missing was Pixar also agreeing with it being canon to the Toy Story series.

Well, I finally found it:

"The solution became to place the plotline between Toy Story movies (specifically 2 and 3), satisfying Nomura's vision, Pixar's restrictions and creating a strange extra consequence: "I said, 'Okay, so is it fair to assume that Woody and Buzz, and friends, remember Sora and everybody coming? Is it part of the story now?' and they were like, 'yeah,' and I was kind of like, 'Oh! Okay.'" "

This means Kingdom Hearts III´s events are canon to Toy Story

"Outlier!"

Well, nope, as we can see that they were inside Young Xehanort´s "replica" world, which also explains how even Buzz´ lasers became actual ones (Which Woody even points out) or nearly everyone missing, meaing that the new High 4-C stuff can be just applied as a new, separate key from the movie series one.

Conclusion:

Woody gets a new separate High 4-C key exactly like in this blog I made.

Also that doesn't mean it's canon to Toy Story. It isn't. It's simply set between the movies in the KH universe. That's it.

"In terms of Toy Story's timeline, it takes place after the events of the second film. It doesn't take place in a parallel world, but think of it as Kingdom Hearts III's happenings as being part of the Toy Story timeline." - Nomura, KH WoG

Combine that with even Pixar agreeing and it leasd to it being canon

This annoys me to no end...There is so much context ignored. Let's take the quote beforehand.

"Nomura explains that his vision for Kingdom Hearts has always been that Sora and friends canonically arrive in Disney's worlds. That didn't suit the Toy Story team. "When I first brought this to Pixar and I asked about doing that, they were like, 'Actually, no. The Toy Story story is complete. It's a complete package the way it is, and we can't really change that.' I told them if I'm going to do this in the Kingdom Hearts way, then it's going to become a case of, 'Actually, Sora and his friends did come into the world."

Based upon this and the quote above, this is simply setting a time for which Sora could appear in the Toy Story world. Yes, Sora is apart of the TS world, just like he is for the other Disney worlds. Doesn't make them canon to those respective franchises. If you try to push this then you are also trying to say that all of the times Sora appeared in other Disney worlds is also canon to those movies.

Bobsican said:
"In terms of Toy Story's timeline, it takes place after the events of the second film. It doesn't take place in a parallel world, but think of it as Kingdom Hearts III's happenings as being part of the Toy Story timeline." - Nomura, KH WoG
Combine that with even Pixar agreeing and it leasd to it being canon
Am I missing something? This only applies to Toy Story regarding the canonicity, by the way.

That quote means nothing and counters nothing with what I just said as you can argue that with any Disney world. Doesn't make it canon.

If it isn´t a parallel world, then what is it? As it points into such being canon, once again

Matthew Schroeder said:
No it doesn't.
Why not exactly, once again?

I already replied to your argument about them just not knowning what they were saying with "parallel universes" above

Also, from talking to Ever, there is on thing we realized. It is never stated or noted that the parallel world they were in made them stronger. All they note is that Buzz had real lasers. So your outlier argument doesn't really fly.

Matthew Schroeder said:
They still struggle to move boxes and balls.
Lifting Strength doesn´t scale to AP, then again

As for Ever´s argument, a "possibly At least High 4-C" adjustment to the current rating at the blog should fix it.

You have got to be kidding me. Why does this thread even exist? Did my warning go over your head Bob? Did what I had to say mean nothing to you? I already told you it's best to just lay off on controversial KH threads like this, yet you continue to throw away what I had to say and just go on your own accord. And I cannot force you to stop making these threads, but at least have the balls to directly say NO to my face. You shouldn't waver and lead me to believe in false security by saying shit like "okay I understand" or "thank you for showing me the way." You should've just refused straight up to me, instead of being a snake and lying that you will stop. That's ****** up Bob.

MYHERO, Sorry, It´s just that I really wanted to see if it could at least have led to something.

I´m fine even if this gets denied.

From Ever;

"Bob, you keep assuming that these circumstances are leading to them being amped when that's never stated to be the case."

As it´s based on an assumption, a "possibly X tier" addition to the High 4-C key is reasonable as it´s hypothetical, once again.

Bobsican said:
As it´s based on an assumption, a "possibly X tier" addition to the High 4-C key is reasonable as it´s hypothetical, once again.
Once again, the key has no reason to exist in the first place.

I already debated that part, Nomura and Pixar agree to it being canon already.

Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back