• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece) VS Akuma (Street Fighter)

• Fight Location: Wano Country
  • Starting Distance: 10m
  • Both in-character
  • Equalized speed
  • Post-Udon Prison Training in High 7-A key Luffy
Luffy: 7 (@ZoroNotZolo, @joshpiece, @Popted2, @SnookB, @Oleggator, @Jamesthetaker, @SamanPatou)
Akuma:
Inconclusive:

ee7df19e6ebce70427f079b3ddb8af10.png
28c8a2754dffc3e2633e09ba0356bd50.png

Last edited:
Okay I just wanna say Akuma beat freaking Garou, and Garou beat both luffy and Zoro.
Weaker Luffy with less hax and abilities before his intelligence was elaborated on and he started in his amped speed form where all his stronger moves in Gear 3rd made him slower

This is Luffy with experienced future sight, internal destruction, emission, and ridiculously high durability.

This is High 7-A so I'm assuming Gear 2nd Luffy's being used.

Fail to see how Akuma's touching Luffy tbh. His most notable abilities are done when he actually touches his opponent... which I don't see happening in this situation.

lol I got an ad for a One Piece character quiz.

Anyways, I'm leaning towards Luffy at the moment. The best option Akuma has to hit Luffy from a distance is Hadoukens, and those could easily be predicted by Luffy. He has way more options while, as KingTempest said, most of Akuma's options rely on physical contact. Plus, durability negating moves and a range advantage would definitely be hard for Akuma to get around. He is incredibly skilled from what I gather about Street Fighter characters, so I guess he has that going for him.

The future King of the Pirates has my vote for now.

I'm not voting yet, but I'll leave my two cents.

The Wano arc is taking forever, remind me of how Luffy's observation haki has improved since his battle with Katakuri, because I honestly don't remember anything about it.

Anyway, I agree that Luffy has many advantages like range, stamina, LS, resistance to fire and blunt damage (the latter being extremely important), has likely better acrobatics, senses and haki, and an esoteric fighting style.
On his own, Akuma has higher AP (fueled by damage boost), better martial arts skill, intangibility and lastly the Shun Goku Satsu which would be game over for Luffy if it were to land.

Akuma's physical blows and projectiles are almost useless, since they are either blunt damage or fire-based, and I'm not sure the AP difference is high enough to allow him to deal damage to Luffy anyway, like some OP villains did in the past.
If we make them base, both can transform to amp their stats, tho I'm unsure if the boost is comparable.

I believe this ultimately relies on Luffy winning over the course of the battle if Akuma is unable to land the SGS, which he could actually try to do early in the fight once he figures out that Luffy is impervious to physical blows and projectiles.

The best option Akuma has to hit Luffy from a distance is Hadoukens, and those could easily be predicted by Luffy.
It is correct, but I would like to mention that Akuma's projectiles, despite being very similar to Ken and Ryu's, are a menace for Oro, which was stated to be so skilled that ki techniques considered the pinnacle of martial prowess and performed by highly disciplined fighters (likely referring to Ryu, Guile, Chun-Li, Bison...) are nothing more than plaything for youngsters.
So, Akuma's proficiency with them should be actually damn good. I'm not saying Luffy wouldn't be able to predict and dodge/defend against them, but it wouldn't be totally easy either.

Son Goku satsu or whatever it's called is worthless because luffy doesn't have sins and isn't evil. Akuma can't do anything.
Luffy does indeed have sins, let alone that the concept of sin isn't necessarily set (and Luffy has arguanly committed many sins from a certain perspective), but you can't say he's been a full-rounded good character entirely, like, a full baby-face who avoids doing anything which can be considered bad.

Also, it worked on Gouken, who barely survived, so it should indeed work on Luffy.

Last edited:
He beat the shit out of hundreds of people, that definitely makes him a violent person, and it doesn't matter if they were evil or aggressive (some were innocent just people who were doing their job, like standard marines, or just his friend Usopp who didn't do anything to deserve a beating) that's not a justification, even for the very basic and generally religious meaning of sin.

He's broken his in-world law countless times as well, he's been selfish on more than one occasion, he provided help to criminals or people who have done a pletora of evil things in general and I could go on.

If it worked on Gouken, who's your standard wise-old master, whose entire phylosophy is to not be excessively violent, has turned an assassin art into a non-lethal style, has always taught his students to be as good as possible and has literally mastered the art of "pure humanity" (Mu No Ken), it would definitely work on Luffy.

Okay I just wanna say Akuma beat freaking Garou, and Garou beat both luffy and Zoro.
Garou has no chance in beating luffy or Zoro especially the beginning version of garou.
A > B > C doesn't apply here. For example, Kizaru beat Big Mom, who beat Akainu, who beat Kizaru.
Big mom and Akainu destroys kizaru

Just needed to speak some fax.
😴
tho I can see kizaru using some unknown powerup or something which can make him stronger then big mom but with what's currently shown, big mom destroys and it's not even close.

(Does the damage come in the shape of blunt force? Cause if so, it's not hurting Luffy)

It doesn't, or at least not entirely.
Despite the execution of the move being an array of strikes delivered to vitals points, Akuma himself explains that the death penalty (i.e. death and pain hax) comes from the technique itself, not from his own fist.

Luffy doesnt have any sin.....
7 yo Luffy ate Hundred of Ramen without Pay any of that, beating innocent grandpa in Alabasta, fight Marine wich is Literally a Good people Luffy Said it himself, Rushing on Impledown and fight good people like Magellan, lmao

Because a sigma male like Luffy can't have sins and if he does he just beats them up 😎😴

Does Shun Goku Satsu hurt if you HAVE sin, or if you acknowledge/Are guilted by said sin? Kinda like GR's penance stare being ineffective against those who either made up with their sins or just don't feel such a thing.

Either way, Luffy isn't being touched by Akuma because of Kenbunshoku, and outside of his Hadoukens he's reliant on blunt force, which Luffy resists or flat out negs since he takes hits from characters way stronger than himself without overstretching.
Akuma's fighting chances get cut in half because of Ryou's dura neg, and if he gets access to his Gear 2/4 then Akuma's chances of not touching him are as high as Luffy's chances of dropping him faster.
Luffy FRA

Does Akuma know about the Akuma no Mi?

If so, he will probably start with intangibility and Shun Goku Satsu in the fight

Does Akuma know about the Akuma no Mi?

If so, he will probably start with intangibility and Shun Goku Satsu in the fight
Intangibility is only through his Ashura Senku. He's pretty tangible when he's fighting, just not during that technique. Which, if (and when, because that's the application) used for mobility, Luffy's Kenbunshoku should make it easy to avoid. As far as I know it's linear movement, too.

Does Shun Goku Satsu hurt if you HAVE sin, or if you acknowledge/Are guilted by said sin? Kinda like GR's penance stare being ineffective against those who either made up with their sins or just don't feel such a thing.
Most likely you have sins, we have very little details about the technique, but there doesn't seem to be a limit based on a chatacter's self perspective.
It worked on Bison, who gives an absolute shit about all the evil things he's done, and Gouken, who arguably has very little sins and seem very in peace with himself.

Either way, Luffy isn't being touched by Akuma because of Kenbunshoku, and outside of his Hadoukens he's reliant on blunt force, which Luffy resists or flat out negs since he takes hits from characters way stronger than himself without overstretching.
Akuma's fighting chances get cut in half because of Ryou's dura neg, and if he gets access to his Gear 2/4 then Akuma's chances of not touching him are as high as Luffy's chances of dropping him faster.
Luffy FRA
Can you remind me how effective the Kenbushoku is in Wano and how long it lasts?
I honestly can only remember it in the battle against Katakuri.

The rest is correct, tho due to vs rules he can't access G4, and the boost provided by the G2 may be countered by the Shin transformation and Akuma's .stat amps

Can you remind me how effective the Kenbushoku is in Wano and how long it lasts?
I honestly can only remember it in the battle against Katakuri.
Luffy could see several seconds ahead and foresee several detailedd movements/actions from multiple characters, carefreely tell another what to do to evade those things (the latter being far slower in reaction than he is). Even when distracted, he could see foresee Babanuki exploding moments before he did and tied his trunk.
He's basically seemingly just as good as Katakuri, only Luffy doesn't see the regular domino effect future, he foresees what others intent will become. So it's.. More or less future seeing through empathy, so it's always right as far as we know, compared to Katakuri's who only foresees "what the course of events will lead to" type thing.
It's basically only been trumped via completely blitzing Luffy despite foreseeing the blitz, because his body didn't react quick enough.

Even before that Luffy's regular Kenbunshoku could foresee attacks from Katakuri, who in turn could see Luffy dodging his attacks and doing more, which led to the former foreseeing THAT and dodging it a second time around. Katakuri basically had to attack twice as much, and Luffy dodged twice as much. His foresight (in combat) is pretty crazy since it counters other people's own precognition.

Last edited:
Yeah, then I'd say also say Luffy would win most of the times.

Although the SGS would kill him, he has too many advantages and a reliable way to deal with it.

Back