• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moderate Kenbunshoku Haki revision

I believe that it should be included that Kenbunshoku Haki users do not merely "see" the future, but can also "hear" it as well.

The best example of this is when Charlotte Katakuri quoted a conversation that had yet to happen, as shown here.

Another example is Donquixote Doflamingo throwing a kick at Fujitora before the latter could finish his threatening statement, though this feat is somewhat questionable. Here's the image.

This is important for versus matches because it allows Kenbunshoku Haki users to rely on more than visual pre-cognition, and can act based on sound as well.

Yeah this seems alright too add. I also think we should keep this open until the next chapter because we might get more information about Kenbunshoku Haki.

I don't see any real problem with adding that the can also "hear" the future as well.

Doffy's wasnt hearing the future or anything, it was your average mind reading.

@PaChi2 - Kenbunshoku Haki users do not have mind-reading.

Anyways, in the scan with Doflamingo, he threw the kick immediately after asking his question, and before Fujitora gave him his answer.

Even if this scan isn't accepted, the one with Katakuri still confirms it.

CinCameron20 said:
@PaChi2 - Kenbunshoku Haki users do not have mind-reading.

Anyways, in the scan with Doflamingo, he threw the kick immediately after asking his question, and before Fujitora gave him his answer.

Even if this scan isn't accepted, the one with Katakuri still confirms it.
What, then how could Enel know everything that happened in Sky Pie and kill anyone who thought about betraying him?

@PaChi - I'm still wondering if that was retconned or not, because we never see Kenbunshoku do that afterwards. Katakuri still confirms that the pre-cog can be heard rather then merely seen from his explanation. Bege clearly says he can see the future, and nothing about him reading one's mind.

I'll have to re-read Skypeia, but the manga websites I know use such strange translations.

Edit: I don't think Enel was using Mantra by itself, but combining it with his Devil Fruit, but I'll need to look. He could listen in on conversations.

FOUND IT!

@Pachi2 - http://www.***********.net/one-piece/278/2 - The only explanation I can find at this time.

It will need to be added exclusively to Enel's profile. If he could read minds with Kenbunshoku, he'd have suspected Nami from the start. He just passes judgement on the people who even speak a word against him.

What a let down, I guess.

On a side note, I think Enel later says that he knew that Nami would betray him but she was too scared of him to even do it.

Back