• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MK11 Discussion Thread Part 4: Geras is Unkillable

I mean, Raiden shows here 7-B Environmental Destruction and MHS+ speed as he is moving with his Lightning

He already scales higher than Liu Kang and Scorpion of the previous movie so he likely upscales to 9-A (Liu Kang is 9-B+)

I mean, Raiden shows here 7-B Environmental Destruction and MHS+ speed as he is moving with his Lightning

He already scales higher than Liu Kang and Scorpion of the previous movie so he likely upscales to 9-A (Liu Kang is 9-B+)
Oh I meant something more based on his lightning

Location profiles are going to be a thing now, I think Midway MK would benefit from this because the Chaosrealm has a indiscriminate effect on its inhabitants that wipes out their memories. Plus the water there seems to warp a person's sense of time if you wade around on it long enough. And then there's the 5th plane of the Netherrealm that slowly warps any outsider into a monster and drains magic/many stuff related to magic if you remain too long in it.

Only the Midway version though. The NRS version is largely unexplored and doesn't have anything notable other than pits of lava, big carnivorous fishe, and ouchy spikes (ow)

I plan on making and posting the complete scaling (just
like I made for the first one) tomorrow after my exam

Gonna be good 🗿

True, and from what I've seen I think you were right about stuff being crammed into one movie. But I haven't watched the full movie yet so I still need that sweet context.

True, and from what I've seen I think you were right about stuff being crammed into one movie. But I haven't watched the full movie yet so I still need that sweet context.
Yeah going off the clips I've seen it's absolutely stuffed into one film

Like there's Shaggy becoming canon (fun opening gag), Liu's redemption, the tournament, Kitana betraying Shao Kahn, Sub-Zero and Scorpion's rivalry, Scorpion being one with the Amulet, The Cyber Initiative, The One Being, Raiden's death and Fire God Liu Kang

It's weird to think about what a followup could be at this point and I stand by my prediction there's two films slammed together to create this one film ("Mortal Kombat: Battle of the Realms" and "Mortal Kombat Legends: Fire and Ice")

At least the feats seem absolutely dope (Like Tier 5 shit)

I think that's the last of the animated MK films to get us through this MK fighting game limbo. Speaking of films, I hope the sequel to the 2021 movie is much better than what I saw. It has its good parts but some of the fight scenes are too short and disappointing, some of them were pretty clumsy too.

I think that's the last of the animated MK films to get us through this MK fighting game limbo
True since isn’t MK12 being worked on?
Speaking of films, I hope the sequel to the 2021 movie is much better than what I saw. It has its good parts but some of the fight scenes are too short and disappointing, some of them were pretty clumsy too.
Yeah some of the fights had some weird cuts and really didn’t stand out

Hopefully they lea into the better aspects

So it seems we might get spinoffs on HBO Max based on characters from the MK Universe (thanks to the first one's success on the platform)
There was talk from Todd Garner (film's producer) that he really wanted to see spinoffs, Joe Taslim has a five picture deal and has expressed interest in exploring Bi-Han's past with his brother, Ludi Lin and Max Huang want a spinoff based off the Shaolin Monks and WeGotThisCovered (ew) seems to have suggested this to be the case way back, with proposed spinoffs for Sonya, Scorpion and Kung Lao being played with and later said a Sonya spinoff might be planned.

There's definitely a lot of talk and potential to see more from the 2021 MK Universe. Hopefully they learn from the first one's mistakes and do some cool stuff (Imagine a Scorpion film done by Gareth Edwards or a James Gunn Black Dragon film). What do ya'll want to see in a possible spinoff?

Last edited:
nah

Least NRS can do for him is a hidden reference. I don't really like the idea of Shaggy being a MK character, he started as a joke and he should end as a joke.

Back