• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Miyuki Sone vs Monika (The fight for (You)r love.)

I got bored of this dicussion a long time ago, but I'm commenting again just to make sure my vote was counted. Anyone may look back to my first comments here to see that I was originally conflicted and gave it to Monika after a hard fight. After further thought (ie applying common sense), I took that back. How we define the verse the battle is in (purely a real world, where they have their powers as if their VNs were a real world, or as a digital space they both exist in) is irrelevant. Using the latter definition gives Monika time manipulation and mind manipulation that work on Miyuki. Using the former removes Monika's time manipulation, and depending on how you equalize them, may or may not remove Monika's mind manipulation (depending on if you give Miyuki a chr file to be manipulated). This doesn't matter, since Monika wins either way.

If viewed as a digital space their games exist on, then Monika immediately starts looking for KtK (or Miyuki's chr file if equalized so she has one), and deletes the whole thing as soon as she finds it. Miyuki will waste time satisfying-herself/teaching-the-player-a-lesson by beating Monika's avatar to death with a baseball bat, before trying, and failing, to delete her. This is supported by canon personality, supported by SBA, and supported by the OP. Monika would have the time to delete Miyuki's game (or chr file). Potentially even before Miyuki tries to delete her at all. Barring that, Miyuki deletes her and doesn't realize she can survive it, losing anyway.

If viewed as a real world they're 2C within, where Monika isn't limitted by having to find specific data and can just use her powers on Miyuki directly, then she either deletes Miyuki the second she notices her, or she instantly mind-manips her to uselessness. Either way, in a real world without digital caveats to abuse, Miyuki has no way to overpower Monika's existence erasure resistance and she had no hope of winning from the start.

I made ot my weekend job to read the entire thread.

Miyuki for reasons above, i dont see Monika doint much when she herself says she is shit at coding.

Screenshot 20171123-104849

so, for those who dont want to read:

miyu has:

+better reality manipulation

+AP

+phisical streinght

-aroogant

-hasent dealt whit other 2c reality warpers

-wont know that monika can survive being beaten to death via being non-corporeal

monika:

+resictence to erasure

+time manipulation

+immune to phisical attacks

+can erase an entire game

-less experienced

-less ap

-less power in phisical form

fight takes place in new york (battle assumptions) in monikas house. verse equalization

Kyle Ramos said:
NO.

All reasons above have already been adressed by my posts.
You can't just say "NO" to someone agreeing with someone. That's like someone saying "I like big macs from mcdonalds." You say: "Me too!" But then You jump in saying "NO. I've already told you why big macs are shit.

Also, Since idk if my votes counted. I voted monika for toxyca's reasons. That should put it 7-8 in monika's favor, Right?

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
I made ot my weekend job to read the entire thread.

Miyuki for reasons above, i dont see Monika doint much when she herself says she is shit at coding.
Well if you assume that Monika has to code to win, then she'd likely win just by deleting KtK, as she's been shown to just delete files to solve problems. Going by Miyuki's personality she probably wouldn't try hacking Monika out before Monika deletes her.

If you assume that the verses are equalized, then being shit at coding doesn't matter, since she can just use her powers as they're equalized.

@Kyle Ramos I've written multiple responses to your posts, including your conclusion post which you keep referring to, but for a decent amount of my points you've just ignored them. Saying you've already addressed them above doesn't matter when I've responded to your response.

Oh, Then my vote never was counted! Time to shift the scales into monika's favor.

Ok, So. Verse equalization I think would give Miyuki a .chr file. Meaning Monika has the advantage here.

Since Miyuki Sone has no clue about Monika's non corporeality. She would most likely assume she can just beat Monika down without much trouble. By the time she's figured this out. Monika's most likely found her .chr file and deleted her.

Since I'm not sure about Miyuki's stance with "Possible resistance to mind manip." I'll rule out the possibility of Monika winning via that. But my point still stands that: Since Miyuki has no experience with anyone of her level. She'd most likely underestimate Monika. Allowing her time to delete her .chr file

If it wasn't obvious. My vote is for monika. That makes it 7 for Miyuki 8 for Monika 3 for Inconclusive. I'll see about adding this in the near future

@Kyle Ramos, you say that every one of our reasons has already been addressed. None of my recent - and very thorough, accounting for every possible interpretation of the battle's premise - points have been. At the end of the day you have given no reason to believe Miyuki can survive Monika's existence erasure i.e. deletion (which worked on other 2Cs), nor have you given any reason to believe Monika can't survive Miyuki's (when she was able to survive deletion from other 2Cs). That should make this an open and shut discussion. In fact, the only person to provide even the slightest explanatiom for how Miyuki could put Monika down was me. And I still gave Monika the win. Every ome of your limitted attempts at counterpoints have been littered with either irrelevant distractions or blatant misinformation about Monika's source material.

"Miyuki has better control of the hud" - that is completely irrelevant here. "Monika is worse at coding" - as is made very clear in DDLC, Monika doesn't need to know how to code something in order to easily delete it - her coding abilities only limit how well she can rescript the game and alter the other girls' personalities, and she even outright states in traceback that she wasn't good enough to accurately rewrite Sayori's personality without driving her insane, so she deleted her instead because it was trivially easy. So her coding ability is also not relevant. "Monika knows nothing about the outside world" - either you're completely unaware of the entire 3rd act of DDLC, or you're consciously spreading misinformation. Monika has incredibly complex opinions on many topics in the real world. She canonically has access to, and can even influence, the internet - and I'm not talking about the noncanon twitter account. "Her erasure isn't 2C because people could be brought back from it by anyone with President powers" - again, blatantly false. The ONLY reason Monika was able to bring the other girls back was that she made backups of them first. "Assuming Monika's existence erasure resistance would work on Miyuki is a no limits fallacy" - No! Not at all! What we clearly see Monika do is survive being deleted on a computer by someone else deleting her data. This is exactly the mechanism of Miyuki's erasure too. There is no difference in Monika and Miyuki's existence erasure tiers. They're literally identical! They work identically!

Images (15)
Too bad I'll have this reopened with the Ktk upgrades in a month or so.

Is this it? Is Monika winning by one darn vote? Are we sure this is it? Are there no breaks in this hype train?!

Kyle Ramos said:
Images (15)

Is this it? Is Monika winning by one darn vote? Are we sure this is it? Are there no breaks in this hype train?!
You're a real, Biased, Fanboy. Aren't you?

Kyle Ramos said:
Images (15)

Why would any of those upgrades matter? Miyuki won't be able to use any new abilities she gets since the verses aren't equalized :^)

Back