• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, is still worth a shot.

Given that now thanks to this CRT altering datas which make up a whole world is Type 2 concept manip, I want to argue that DDLC's Data Manipulation qualifies as Concept Manip Type 2 as well.

First, let's see again what Type 2 means here:

Dependent Concepts: Such concepts are abstract and govern all reality within their area of influence. These concepts shape everything, and changing them would either require the alteration of every object of the concept or, if manipulated directly, change all objects of the concept alongside the concept itself. These concepts, however, exist simultaneously with and are bound by the object of the concept.

Now, I'll show the evidence of DDLC's datas being implied to be concepts that make that world on a fundamental level.

PART 1: DDLC EXISTS CANONICALLY AS DATAS

The evidence comes from DDLC Plus, using the Files and Emails we get from the MES when we complete certain tasks about the progress of the game:

FILES

These 3 files show that DDLC is nothing but a simulated reality for the MES employees.

- Lib: Promising work on "recording" simulation activity into playable script

- Playable = Observable form, NOT a game...stay focused Ive

Pretending to type important things while waiting for everyone to get back on topic

4:30 still target end time

Assigning names to simulated entities for easier reference?

- A, B, C, D should suffice

- 1, 2, 3?

- Using "real" names only encourages treating them like pets rather than simulated entities

- Everyone is trying to come up with stupid names now

Control simulation

- Create identical VM without entity A having elevated access permissions?

- Seems unlikely - nothing has come close so far

- Clone VM1? Same elevated access but prevent the entity from discovering it?

- Seems tricky, but plausible

Meeting over time again

jklsdfjklsdafjkjaggsfdjlsdfjk

PROJECT PLAN OUTLINE

--------------------

High-level overview:

1. Create human-readable version of Fabric Benchmark results (suggesting we live in a simulated universe)

2. Emulate Fabric Benchmark results in virtualized environment

3. Build parameters for genetic iterations (custom elevated access levels for one or more entities)

4. Iterate until simulation is stable for target time threshold (this is our small-scale simulated universe!)

5. Observe effects of elevated access/knowledge of simulation

6. Collect/Record data

7. Pitch findings to upper management as a profitable venture (Note: DO NOT go through Barry, go straight to upper management!)

8. GET PROMOTED!!! Jobs saved!

Possible team members:

Ro (has most knowledge/access to Commander Quantum Server)

Ravi (second to Ro)

Lib (fix naming scheme conflict with "lib" folder)

Ive (sure... why not)

Others?

VM1 - Current project (small-scale simulation)

VM2 - Future project (medium-scale simulation)

VM1 DETAILS

-----------

- Literature = Production of text assets, easy data collection

- 4 entities ("characters")

- Small physical space - efficient for server & genetic iterations

- Highly elevated access permission creates very stable connection "window' for data collection, in exchange for less realistic simulated scenarios

DOKI DOKI LITERATURE CLUB!

--------------------------

Welcome to the rebellion! We're all working our asses off with our jobs on the line, so we might as well have some fun with it too, right?

I totally get why Paula wants to rush into data collection. But my proposal is to shift our efforts a little and build out some new features for making real-time connection to the VM more useful and fun. If we're basically simulating a miniature universe then it's kind of a waste to not be able to spend some quality time in there, right???

But actually...I think wrapping this whole thing in the guise of a video game is a great (and hilarious!) way of covering our tracks. And if we do a good enough job, we might even be able to present it to Paula as a useful endeavor.

Key selling points:

* 5 to 6 hours of misery, dread, and cute girls

* Learn, through the existential crises of others, how to cope with your own simulated universe

* Witness the destruction of a universe over and over, in video game form

HAHAHA! This is going to be absolutely amazing.

And no, the irony isn't lost on me... creating a secret team within a secret team is more meta than I signed up for, and that's saying something considering we literally work for Metaverse Enterprise Solutions.

We can come up with a fake game studio name and everything too...obviously NO plans to go public with this, but it would be a good part of the whole disguise. Plus, I want a cool team name that makes us feel like a bunch of heroes for saving the universe...kidding, but we're at least saving our jobs. Something like Team Salvation?

MAILS

The following mails have even more evidence that DDLC exists as simulated data:

Thank you to everyone who worked so hard on the control simulation. I can't imagine how tedious it must have been to so delicately hide Monika's elevated permissions from her without disrupting our connections to the VM.

Just to clarify - all of the recordings labeled "Side Stories" are part of the controlled simulation, right? I'm noticing some details of the characters' lives here and there that differ a little bit from those in VM1, even trivial ones. Is it part of the butterfly effect from some of Monika's fundamental changes, or is it a result of her just messing around with the other characters in VM1 as her own experiment (or for fun)?

So if I'm keeping track, we have what, like 5 different universes in total? With 3 or 4 of them created and then destroyed by Monika, of course. It's funny because I keep wanting to speculate on which one is the "real" universe but in reality, they all are. As real as ours is, anyway.

Rea Vorte

System Administrator

Having run the control simulation for a while, it's evident that a certain "character" is missing from any mention or appearance. This makes me speculate that Monika's meddling is less clumsy than we think, because she would have had to manufacture this "character" herself as a way of forcing interaction between her and the user. Could that be why the "character" has such limited and dissonant personality traits? Or am I reading too much into this?

I'll open an issue to start tracking info and observations on the anomaly of this "character" appearing.

Lib Musi

Engineer

Simply put, it's not our job to arbitrarily decide upon some code of ethics just because we're the first ones to do this (to our knowledge). That's the governments job to figure out, long after we've made enough headway for it to no longer apply to us.

It's fundamentally flawed to apply ethical reasoning to this anyway, because humanity's code of ethics is based upon nothing more than our knowledge and understanding of lifeforms similar to ourselves. We don't have ethics for killing bacteria or plants - only for creatures that we can convincingly project our emotions onto. The "humans" in our VMs operate completely differently from us on a fundamental level, and therefore should not be taken any more seriously than a machine that's programmed to print "I feel sad".

We're engineers, not philosophers.

Paula Miner

Project Manager

I've made some new headway with VM2. Don't get too excited, it's still impossible to establish any stable connection.

But it occurred to me that I could at least run a memory dump through some pattern analysis routines to see if we can decipher any digital data from their VM. I didn't want to hog all the server time on a hunch, but I have some preliminary results that indicate the presence of binary computer systems. Based on this, I'm going to schedule three days of server time next week to isolate any chunks of memory that appear to be binary data. If successful, we'll definitely be able to find some encoded text and get our first tiny glimpse of VM2.

Don't mind me though, just keep going nuts on VM1 and hopefully I'll have more to share soon!

Ro Teether

Systems Engineer

We need to have a meeting about shifting our focus a little bit. We've reset VM 1 how many times now? For real, we've definitely collected as much data as we can from it at this point. We just need to work with what we have and try to increase the stability of our connection to VM2. We've obviously gotten spoiled by the ease of access that VM1 offers us, but it's just unrealistic for someone in real life to be granted a level of elevation even close to "Monitor Kernel Access". If we can't establish a stable connection to VM2, then how can we expect to get anywhere when the same scenario inevitably occurs to our own universe?

Anyway - thanks to Ro's work, we were able to acquire a few rudimentary logs. I have an idea on how to increase connection stability to VM2 while maintaining weak hypervisor access to everyone inside on an individual basis. Ironically, it has to do with something that they're building in their own VM. I'll go into detail in a more formal report, but some of the log files indicate attempts of theirs to pool together the access potential of multiple individuals into a single parallel unit. It sounds ridiculous, but if they actually get somewhere with it, then we might have a solid entry point that doesn't heavily intrude upon the VM.

I'm going to spin up a read-only hypervisor that we can use to test different ideas like this. The elevation level will be set to "Monitor Adjacent Runtime-Level Access". The VM will just be named "TEST VM" for now, although the parallel-access unit they're building in the VM seems to be called "Project Libitina", according to the few logs we have. We can change the name once we actually get a decent picture of it.

Paula Miner

Project Manager

These Emails are really useful to make us understand that the DDLC reality exists as simulated data, and Monika's manipulation of the files is so powerful that even MES itself is surprised, including also not allowing a character from appearing and being even mentioned. In the "Let's move on" mail, is even mentioned how Monika can manipulate the files on a Kernel level access (implied also from the VM when resetting it, saying that is resetting DDLC on a Kernel level), which basically allows to control the entire system of a program.

This alone should give it CM 2, but this is not the only evidence.

PART 2: EFFECTS OF MONIKA'S DELETION

Basically, what happens when Monika deletes someone?

Literally even rocks know that at the end of Act 1 Sayori committed suicide, and then Monika deleted her. What happens if in the Act 2, you try to load a file which is still in the Act 1? Two things, actually:
In the Act 2, Sayori's deletion has also quite the effects on the game:
This basically means that once a file gets deleted, the reality itself cannot accept anymore the existence of the character in both space and time, meaning that if Monika deletes someone, it gets deleted from reality itself, as it never existed, and trying to forcefully restore this character from putting a copy of their file in the game again causes glitches and the game can't even process it anymore.

This also happens in other 2 cases:
Basically, Monika's File Manipulation and Erasure definitely qualifies for at least Type 2 concept manipulation. I have no idea if this qualifies for Type 1 given all the space-time stuff though, but if it does, then poggers.

PART 3: WHAT WILL BE THE NEW HAX?

Outside of Conceptual Manipulation, which is whenever Type 2 or 1...

NEP

Her NEP will be updated to Nature Type 1, Aspects 2 and 5.

Aspect 2 is obvious, Aspect 5 is due to her lacking both a plot and history.

The NEP should be specified that she's in that state only when deleted, and she does not start it, meaning that her NEP should be "Limited", as in the whole Act 1 she appears as a normal girl and when she's deleted for the first time she describes it as painful.

High-Godly Regeneration

I'd want to note that is overtime and not combat applicable anyway. Monika has canonically a Twitter account that exists irl, and is updated even to this day. That account is recognized from MES as well. It should be noted that to collect datas in DDLC you have to mess with the game many times, which includes also resetting it after that Monika has deleted it in the ending, and the game asks to reset the virtual machine after that. Meaning that at the end of collecting datas, the player can just leave the VM1 as it is after that Monika deleted the whole game in the VM1 and move on to the VM2 (the one with Project Libitina). Yet Monika still goes on on her Twitter account without problems, meaning that she can indeed return after being deleted from her own, after an unknown amount of time.

Type 4 Acausality and Type 1 Beyond-Dimensional Existence

It should be noted that she has these powers only when Nonexistent and not normally. When deleted, Monika should lack both Causality and Space-Time, given what I said before, as files include concepts and deleting files deletes the victim from space-time and history as well, meaning that Monika in this state lacks causality and space-time as well. Lavos has both of these powers as a NEP being given that he exists as a nonexistent being part of a void beyond space-time and concepts where deleted timelines come to rot according to this CRT. So Monika should have these too for a similar reason.

EDIT: Power Nullification

Monika should also have a better Power Null than just disabling some stuff of the Player, as is implied she has stopped Sayori's attempt to use her powers to manipulate the DDLC world from nulling the powers she's got as the new President of the Literature Club.

EDIT 2: Self-Sustenance (All Types)

Monika implied to be able to talk forever in a room without moving from there, making her unbound from the regular human needs.

PART 4: TLDR

The whole verse gets affected
  • Data Maipulation in DDLC is also Type 2 or 1 Concept Manip (idk, we should discuss it here)
  • NEP becomes "Nature Type 1, Aspects 2 and 5" and said NEP is specified to appear only when she's erased and she does not start with it.
  • Monika gets overtime High-Godly
  • Monika gets Type 1 BDE and Type 4 Acausality in her NEP state.
  • Sayori gets anything Monika has from these buffs sans High-Godly for obvious reasons.
  • Edit: Monika gets also a better Power Nullification
  • Edit 2: Monika/Sayori get also all Types of Self-Sustenance
Now let's hope this works.

Last edited:
This is data manipulation & information type 2

Also, she should have tabber, one for normal/base, one for post-erasure or something, it will make her profile easier to index

Other than that i'm neutral on other abilities

Imscared has Conceptual Manipulation right because that reason though.
Oh NVM, White Face has both CM 2 and Information Manipulation. Guess Monika/Sayori get that too.
i swear either that CM is wrong or now anyone could have conceptual manipulation just by manipulating anything that non-physical and reality warp as a result. bruhhh
That idk. Specifying in Brackets if that's only for her NEP state can do the job too.
oke, that fine anyway

i swear either that CM is wrong or now anyone could have conceptual manipulation just by manipulating anything that non-physical and reality warp as a result. bruhhh
"Conceptual Manipulation as a power just boils down to "Is able to manipulate some abstract essence that defines and governs some aspect of physical reality and can thus enact changes in the latter as a result," and Type 1 just adds the requirement that this essence must also exist independently from the physical world."

You don't need to namedrop the word 'concept' for it to count.

Tbh is because in both DDLC and Imscared the reality is made of datas itself. Monika's deletion also has effects which fit more Concept hax than just Information hax. Is more context than just "but Type 2 Information = Concept hax now!!!".

"Conceptual Manipulation as a power just boils down to "Is able to manipulate some abstract essence that defines and governs some aspect of physical reality and can thus enact changes in the latter as a result," and Type 1 just adds the requirement that this essence must also exist independently from the physical world."

Would it be Type 2 like White Face case or Type 1? I'm more for the former to be sure though.

i know, but bruhh, a guy still trying to breath down my neck that you need to name drop "concept" to get that hax in my thread. But anyway i understand what you mean, but i thought it should have more than just..................eh........file/data????
Tbh is because in both DDLC and Imscared the reality is made of datas itself. Monika's deletion also has effects which fit more Concept hax than just Information hax. Is more context than just "but Type 2 Information = Concept hax now!!!".
You can have both Info 2 and CM at the same time, if Info also define abstract essence, it is case-by-case situation, depend on verse
Would it be Type 2 like White Face case or Type 1? I'm more for the former to be sure though.
If the verse's physical reality get destroy but data remain unaffected then it is CM type 1, if not then yeah type 2. Still since idk the verse so it is up to you.......................^^

Assuming it is conceptual manipulation (don't have time to fully check) then it'd probably be type 2.

The files aren't necessarily independent from the game, I don't think you can destroy the game and have the files remaining. You'd probably need proof of that.

i know, but bruhh, a guy still trying to breath down my neck that you need to name drop "concept" to get that hax in my thread. But anyway i understand what you mean, but i thought it should have more than just..................eh........file/data????
No verse I know which has CM has that power from using literally that word lmao. Implications exist.
You can have both Info 2 and CM at the same time, if Info also define abstract essence, it is case-by-case situation, depend on verse
If Monika gets both CM2 and Info 2 then good ig.
Assuming it is conceptual manipulation (don't have time to fully check) then it'd probably be type 2.

The files aren't necessarily independent from the game, I don't think you can destroy the game and have the files remaining. You'd probably need proof of that.
Knew it. Not that I truly proposed it, was more curious if it actually fits Type 1, however I saw it coming. But Type 2 is fine too.

The data being the reason why the reality exists and its deletion makes thing(s) incomprehensible proves already that it works like a concept. Not to mention that it is deep enough to cover script/plot which again covers all historical events of the game.

It sounds more like Information Manipulation that includes Conceptual Manipulation and Plot Manipulation tbh.

And tbh again, the sayori.chr file was corrupted or deleted when Sayori hanged herself somewhat bunked the idea of the files being independent to the game. So we better put that Type 1 Concept thingy aside as for now until we can get with better stuffs.

And I agree with the stuffs since I was involved with this eons ago.

It sounds more like Information Manipulation that includes Conceptual Manipulation and Plot Manipulation tbh.
I am planning to put it as "Data Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2), Information Manipulation (Type 2) and Plot Manipulation" if you want to put it in this way.
And tbh again, the sayori.chr file was corrupted or deleted when Sayori hanged herself somewhat bunked the idea of the files being independent to the game. So we better put that Type 1 Concept thingy aside as for now until we get better stuffs.
I was only unsure, I'm not suggesting it. Type 2 works too as I said.

I am planning to put it as "Data Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2), Information Manipulation (Type 2) and Plot Manipulation" if you want to put it in this way.
Yeah that'll works.
I'm just saying that Plot and Concept haxes are just part of Monika's Data/Information Manipulation. No idea if that will make Monika's Data/Information Manipulation superior to baseline, I'm not that knowledgable on this regard (but I guess it is because I'm the biggest Monika stan here).

I was only unsure, I'm not suggesting it. Type 2 works too as I said.
I know.

if we assume the data in DDLC is what makes up the reality of DDLC it should be type 2 info yeah even though it is still data for the player since DDLC is considered the main reality for this verse

also, I agree although I'm a bit skeptical about the Twitter account thingy being the reason

Havent played DDLC in a while so dont remember much from it, but from a glance this looks relatively fine.

I feel concept type 2 fits better in this case, considering points already mentioned above.

Neutral to the conceptual manipulation. Her Nonexistent Physiology can work though. High-Godly regeneration feels like somewhat of a reach. The rest looks alright but I'm no expert.

Don't expect much more engagement from me here tbh.

DDLC should be Tier 11. The world the characters inhabit isn't an actual reality it's literally a virtual simulation created by a fictional company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back