• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mitsuru Kirijo vs Gray Fullbuster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Credit to Blanked for suggesting this.

Mitsuru Kirijo and the rest of the Persona cast enlist into the FT guild in order to find help for their mission along with helping out fellow innocents and civilians across the town, upon enlisting and meeting the FT guild, Gray is told by Natsu, who, rather unwilling to fight Gray AGAIN, tells him Gray's Ice isn't as good as Mitsuru, in response, Gray challenges Mitsuru to a sparring match, and knowing there's plenty of resurrection spells in the Guild, Mitsuru takes it as a test and happily abliges.

Speed is Equalized, 7A versions, LIS restricted if necessary

Mitsuru Kirijo: 2

Gray Fullbuster: 1

Gonna wait a sec since i first need to see something about Gray with @Aiden.

His ice devil slaying abilties are kinda confusing... In theory he should be able to eat ice without activating the ice devil mark, but not sure.

Well, without his mark he can't use the more powerful version of his ice, but he can still consume ice.

That takes away ice manipulation for both.

Battle will be in h2h where nethier has a specific advanatge which means the winner will be the one with greater stamina and considering Gray has fought with some of his bones broken and is able to freeze certain injuries allwoing him to keep fighting he should win through simple outlasting Mitsuru.

Should be mid at max. Judging from the scailing at least since I can't find a feat...

That does annoy me

Hmm...

This is a tough one.

Both are highly resistant to ice based attacks. But Mitsuru can heal herself by absorbing ice attacks. I don't know in Gray's case if he is only immune to it and doesn't heal from ice attacks.

Also most of Gray's attacks are ice based where he creates weapons made of ice, meaning Mitsuru is immune to it. Whereas Mitsuru can heal herself and absorb energy to replenish her's from her enemy in terms of stamina. She doesn't have any problem. She also has her Persona to and rapier in the fight having the advantage in a close quarter and long range combat. Mitsuru also has a slash and stab called Myriad Arrows. And does Gray have any resistance to status effects? Since in his profile he has resistance to curses. If so. Mitsuru's status effect inducement are of little effect on him. Still I gotta give it to Mitsuru.

Mitsuru breaks Grey's ice resistance if needed with Ice Break (i dont even think grey's ice manipulation can bypass mitsuru's passive ice null)

Amplify her own ice attack with ice amp or just amplify her attacks in general with Mind Charge

Completely Heal any Damages with Diarahan

Keep on Inflicting Tentarafoo,Marin Karin and Sprit Drain until it succeeds.

I have to say Mitsuru wins here

EDIT:Yeah stamina won't be a problem with Spirit Drain

You guys understand Gray eats ice and heals as well?

Also his ice creations can still be used as wepaon against her rapier and similar not to mention Gray can use Her Ice against her because he can mold ice however he pleases...

Blanked said:

Also his ice creations can still be used as wepaon against her rapier and similar not to mention Gray can use Her Ice against her because he can mold ice however he pleases...
And yet he had a hard time fighting Lyon and his dad, you know, 2 Ice mages

Blanked said:
it's estabished that mitsuru nulls all things ice related,shecan lower lower gray's tolerance to ice attack's to the point that he himself becomes vulnerable to it

she has status debuffs/buffs and has flawless healing,i can't see mitsuru getting the short end of the fight here

she also has attacks that are not ice based and are far greater than any of gray's non ice based attacks like Vorpal Blade and Megidolaon (which can bypass all types of defenses http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Megido)

2017-11-04

And yet he had a hard time fighting Lyon and his dad, you know, 2 Ice mages

He didn't have that abilty back than dude. He got that after fighting Daddy.

@Yomi the fact she can take away his ice resistance won't help if he can consume her ice. And don't tell me she can take away that abilty.

Since Gray has creations of ice he can still use them as a ice sword or shield. I don't see mega attack bypassing defences.

Blanked said:
@Yomi the fact she can take away his ice resistance won't help if he can consume her ice. And don't tell me she can take away that abilty.
Since Gray has creations of ice he can still use them as a ice sword or shield. I don't see mega attack bypassing defences.
im pretty sure using ice based weapons safely constitutes to "ice based attacks"

so you didn't click the link?

"Almighty (õ©çÞâ¢, bannō) skills carry a special, non-elemental property and are usually not hindered by defenses such as repel or drain, barring a few exceptions like that of innate Almighty resistance from certain bosses (Noah and Lucifer in Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne), along with the new Passive skill Anti-Almighty in Devil Survivor 2. Almighty skills can be physical or magical."

(Source:
http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Megido)

in this case Mitsuru has the the best form of almighty attack generally called "Megidolaon" an attack that can harm major deities in the SMT universe.the only way you cant be harmed by it is if you are immune to Almighty attacks in the first place in which case Gray is not.

The fact that Mitsuru has "88" as her magic stat means gray is not gonna go out not severely wounded by Megidolaon

also Mitsuru's Healing>>>>Gray's healing

Diarahan is an incredibly OP healing spell that with one use can completely heal any critical injuries

So yeah,Mitsuru is too overwhelming for Gray

^If that's true @Gargoyle can change my vote for Mitsuru, because LIS is not something Gray would use for a simple battle like this.

Also, the link didn't work for some reason.

What the **** just happened?!

I went to sleep and wake up to this? Man, good start to a Saturday.

This was already added and it appears we reached our agreed consensus,so yeah i agree that this should be closed

I asked Scarlet to help here.

Hope he can provide some thoughts before he does.

Wait, so Mitsuru is completely immune to his Ice? I won't go into detail about her other attacks, because I don't know much about the character, but if she's completely immune to his only way of attacking, isn't this a bit of a mismatch?

ScarletFirefly said:
Wait, so Mitsuru is completely immune to his Ice? I won't go into detail about her other attacks, because I don't know much about the character, but if she's completely immune to his only way of attacking, isn't this a bit of a mismatch?
Mitsuru won cause of her other skills such as the status buffs/debuffs and the Almighty spell

Immunity is NLF Scarlet

And hey! I didn't think of this. Read the first sentence

He has stamina and can still use his ice magic to defend cause you know he uses moulding type of magic so he can create a shield and similar. Plus he has shown to be very good at pounding people like with Invel. Also, his stamina highly exceeds hers.

His ice magic would do low damage but considering how he uses ice magic he can still do damage.

His resistance on ice is not important since he eats ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back