• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Missing Gilgamesh abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Okay so as shown on 2B vs Gilgamesh, there are some pretty game changing abilities that aren't on his profile, for one.

-In the Fate route, Gilgamesh uses an Ice Sword NP to freeze Saber in place, only getting out due to her A rank magic resistance, that should be added.

-This I'm not sure off, supposedly Gil has Time resistance in his tier 7 version via his necklace and being unaffected by EA, so perhaps that should be added as well.

Discuss.

Weapon that freezes space should be added, as well as that scythe which drains mana.

"As soon as Saber defends against it, the man is holding yet another sword. This sword is of ice. She twists her body to avoid it, but the space the sword goes through freezes. Saber retreats, covered in ice. "

"As the ice starts to break, the enemy holds a sickle-like weapon. She instantly tries to block the weapon approaching her neck with her gauntlet. But it's useless. The sickle goes through her arm like the gauntlet isn't there and takes away her magical energy."

• Merodach: The Original Si (Õăþ¢¬ÒâíÒâ¡ÒâÇÒââÒé», Merodakku: Genzai): The prototype of both Gram and Caliburn, and due to its greater mystery it outstrips them in every aspect. It is named after Marduk, the patron god of Babylon. Its effects as a weapon are unseen outside of being used as a projectile, but it presumably has properties similar to its later models.

"Gil: You filthy imitator. If you like it so much, I shall show you the real one.

He takes out a sword. (...)

Gil: Children cannot defeat their parents. An imitation that deteriorates every time it is renewed canno match the orginal model!

Light runs. The sword understands better than anything that this is the same attack that terminated Berserker in one slash.

It must be protecting its owner. The sword in my hand goes for the enemy's sword with its utmost power. The name of the Noble Phantasm is Caliburn (Golden Sword of Assured Victory). But...It is destroyed without a trace by the sword called Merodach."

So Merodach's description needs to be changed since it obviously wasn't used as a projectile.

I am saying that the part "Its effects as a weapon are unseen outside of being used as a projectile..." needs to be changed because Gilgamesh used it to destroy Shirou's Caliburn.

That freezing sword quote is a little vague, "space" being used there looks like it's referring to the "path" the sword took on its swing being frozen, looks like it's freezing the air and slightly froze Saber because of proximity to the freeezing aura. Is there any other quote of that weapon being used?

The intangible sickle that drains magic power looks fine.

The freezing sword was only used once and it's really vague because its effects only appears to be freezing aura but at the same time Sabers magic resistance would let her negate Medeas spatial manipulation which locks down space. But lack of proof, and the fact that the sword covers the target in ice most likely means that it only freezes the air and the target.

He also has an invisible sword, but this is the only sentence I've found about it, so we don't know its properties.

"Saber's body stops. The weapons the enemy takes are different from the previous dark red sword. The first is an invisible sword like Saber's."

Some other things that should be added.

Lightning- Gilgamesh can shoot lightning "without form"

Sickle- that can cleave weapons enhanced by Knight of Owner in a similar fashion to Gae Dearg.

We should also note that he doesn't have divine constructs besides Ea and Enkidu.

Dunno, but here are the quotes for the one who's going to add it.

"When she looked out the window, she saw that there were a number of discs floating around the top of the building. The Noble Phantasms continued to make their rounds, clad in miniature lightning, inscribing beautiful geometric designs against the vista.

Gil: Auto Defensors. There was a chance that my friend might jestingly launch a surprise attack. I set them up as a precaution, but...

The Auto Defensors' lightning activated to intercept the arrow, but although several bolts struck home, it slipped through the gaps in the bolts to fly straight at Gilgamesh. The speed at which electricity travels through air — that is, the speed of lightning — while slower than light, still should to have been more than sufficient to catch any ordinary arrow. The speed of that arrow, however, was beyond human limitations."

Since the god tiers revisions are done I think we can continue, so far we have.

-Ice Sword and Mana draining Scythe

-Different description for Melodrach.

-Auto Defensers

What else aside from time resistance?

I still haven't found anything relating to time manipulation resistance.

• G├íe Bolg (Òé▓ÒéñÒâ╗Òâ£Òâ½Òé», Gei Borugu): The spear of C├║ Chulain, a massive two-meter long weapon with the ability to always strike the opponent's heart. However, Gilgamesh lacks the knowledge required to activate this ability, but can still fire it as a powerful projectile that inflicts wounds that cannot be healed with natural Regenerationn.
Can't he use "Gae Bolg: Soaring Spear that Strikes with Death"? Since it's an ability connected to the spear itself and not Cu Chulainn.

Also, from what I've read, Gilgamesh appeared in the world of Fate/Extella on his own accord, by "ripping apart the suddenly unstable border inside SE.RA.PH. that separates the face of the Moon from the Far Side." Does that mean anything? Haven't played Extella.

Anyway the weapons that should be added are Invisible weapons similar to Saber's invisible air, weapons that can pierce through multiple mountains, auto defensors and lightning. The rest are unnecessary to add since Gilgamesh's GoB retroactively adds all weapons(besides divine constructs) that any heroic spirit has. So it would be really unnecessary to add when we can just refer to the servants profile that has the weapon. Should also note that his inventory contains the models of humanity's inventions from all times and places.

Nowhere have I found anything about the thrown version being a technique created by Cu. It says that for the causality reversing attack, but not for the throw attack.

Also, I've seen Emiya being able to use Gae Bolg like that in Extella.

Time manipulation resistance comes from the fact both he and Enkidu were very close in the vicinity of their Enuma Elish clashing and they didn't get affected by the side effects which is that Enuma Elish creates a space time dislocation to show the "truth" which he did on a planetary scale.

Emiya traces and copies the skills of the original weapon wielder like when Shirou copied Heracles Axe sword and traced his skills to do Nine Lives Blade Works. Throwing Gae Bolg is a technique and is the true way of using Gae Bolg which unleashes the curse at its full potential Gil lacks the ability to use it.

Proto Gae Bold would possess something similiar, if not the same thing as Striking Death Flight but not Piercing Death Thorn. The originals aren't just a lump of steel, they have their own concept. Anyone who picks Proto Gae Bold will fire something similiar to Striking Death Flight since its not an "original feat" of Lancer's. The Proto/Original wouldn't be able to recreate feats they achieved in the hands of later day heroes, they will only be able to do "What they are made to do"

Which in Gae Bolg's (or Proto Gae Bolg) case is

Passive effect: Wounds do not heal

Active effect: Turns into multiple spearhead and seek out target

Lancer-specific effect: Reverse causality and make spear hit heart

Proto Gae Bolg ought to have the first two but not the third

Except when he uses Excalibur-like ability of Merodach.

Gil: Fool. I Do not need your consent.

The enemy raises his sword.

Saber: Get down, Shirou---!

I hear Saber's voice from behind me. I ignore it and using my remaining magical energy, I project the sword once more...And I'm stopped by that light. Even though it's not as strong as Excalibur, the light that can burn away everything it touches is coming for me.

False. Gil possess technique NP in the form of a weapon and/or gear. He might not have the technique itself but he'll possess a weapon/gear that have the same/similiar effect. Example being Nine Lives Original which takes form of a giant crossbow gun thingy stuff that shoot homing lazor (or not really homing. I forgot) and his ship of light in CCC is basically "if there's a technique that sends somebody to the edges of space then there will be a Noble Phantasm corresponding to it, because his what his vault really holds is the prototype of all human knowledge."

Basically he possess a FTL spaceship simply due to human will eventually develop a FTL spaceship or at least capable of doing so. So his treasury isn't limited to just something that have physical form considering he has the original physical form of a technique and human's capability of inventing something

Primsa Illya is not considered canon or part of the nasuverse by the creator or Nasu and it bends the rules. I know that his treasury is the "prototype of all human knowledge" still doesn't let him use the Striking Death Flight. But you are right prototype Gae Bolg can probably do something similar to Striking Death Flight.

He has shown ability to use techniques/abilities that come from the weapons, such is the case with Merodach. By that logic, he can use the ability that derives from Gae Bolg.

Gil cannot use the Gouging Piercing Spear of Carnage because it's a ability exclusive to Cu as well since it inflicts instant death to all enemies caught in it which is not an ability Gae Bolg possess inherently.

And his GoB there is still the same as every other incarnation. There's different things yes, but GoB isn't one of them. The only different thing about GoB is that there exist something that his vault doesn't has. That's more of a "That NP is different" rather than "GoB being different". And Gil possess the prototype of all NP no matter what it is, even the technique or something that doesn't have physical form because his legend is what those of other heroes are derived from = he is the original owner of all legends (NPs). This is where the "NPs get retroactively added to his possession" part come from.

So your statement of "Gil doesn't has technique NP" is thus rendered moot. Its unusable in vs context ? yes, since we don't know what Proto KoH or Proto God Hand would look like and how it works, but that doesn't change the fact that its there in his vault

I am talking about Soaring Spear that Strikes with Death. The true attack of Gae Bolg which comes from the weapon itself and not the wielder. The ability we see when Cu throws the spear.

No Gil does not possess all noble phantasms, he does not have Divine Constructs because they are one of a kind like how he doesn't have kavacha kundala, Vasavi Shakti or Excalibur. He does not have conceptual noble phantasms that embodies someones feats like Achilles speed noble phantasm or God Hand.

What he has or doesn't have is irrelevant at the moment because there is too much we don't know and we have no solid proof.

So things to add are: invinsible sword, ice sword, draining scythe, lightning, weapons that can pierce mountains and auto-defensors. Also resistance to time manipulation due to not being affected by Enuma Elish's space-time dislocation. Well, that would include resistance to spatial manipulation as well, wouldn't it?

Description of Merodach on his page should be adjusted as well. It should say that he has used Merodach's ability "light that burns away everything it touches" which is slightly weaker than Excalibur's ability. It should also be noted that he can use abilities that are associated with the weapon itself, but he hasn't show ability to use techniques which were created by other Heroic Spirits that involve the use of those weapons.

Is there anything else we should add?

For Gil to use Soaring Spear that Strikes with Death he needs to imbue it with magical power before calling its true name in order to activate its ability which he has never shown so I see no reason to add it.

Read what i wrote carefully. He has every NP's prototype since all NP are derived from him and his legend. He even possess the prototype of a Divine Construct such as Excalibur and Excalibur Galatine in his vault. He has the prototype of every NP because every NP are derived from him and his legend. Not the NP itself, the prototype of it.

His weapons are nameless prototypes, so there is no name to call. Just as he didn't call Merodach's name. And giving mana to a weapon is not a problem.

Ramesses the Sun King said:
For Gil to use Soaring Spear that Strikes with Death he needs to imbue it with magical power before calling its true name in order to activate its ability which he has never shown so I see no reason to add it.
His Prototype of GB can achieve it. The "Turns into multiple spearhead and seek out target when thrown" is an inherent strait of the spear as well as "wounds do not heal". The only thing it won't have is the "always hit the heart" since it became a thing only in the hand of Cu Chulainn

It's simple Gil has all weapon noble phantasms excluding divine constructs. But he does not have technique noble phantasms that are exclusive to someone like Anti unit Gae Bolg. He also doesn't have feat based noble phantasms like Achilles speed noble phantasm or Ozymandias Reality Marble.

Anyway I think that's it for all the relevant weapons. Gil doesn't have Nine Lives btw he has the prototype of it which is tied to a giant ballista that shoots the same thing as Archer Heracles Nine Lives only it can't adapt to the situation and be used with other weapons so it's not the same. It's even described as a "fake-ish ability"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back