• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Missing Gilgamesh abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he does not have the following Vasavi Shakti, Kavacha and Kundala, Piedra Del Sol, An Gal T─ü Kigal Shē, Enuma Elish(Enkidu), Amita Amitabha etc. When it's stated that he has collected all noble phantasms Shirou only talks about objects/weapons that can be passed down. No mention of concepts like Jack the Rippers origin or Achilles noble phantasm or even God Hand.

Look at the passage of Collector and King of Heroes. If its a NP, even if its paradoxical, Gil would possess its original form. Because if Gil doesn't has it, said NP won't actually be a NP in the first place.

Ok fine I concede but however while he would have the original version some of them would actually be inferior to some of the famous versions. Let's take Vasavi Shakti as a example he would have the original god slaying weapon but Vasavi Shakti is a divine construct and divine constructs>anything else that would contradict the original>newer version. He doesn't have the noble phantasms forms that are used by other heroes like for example he might have the original turn into the sun noble phantasm but it would be inferior to Piedra Del Sol because it's used by Quetz. GoB paradox bs is giving me a headache.

Anyway I still think we should ignore how GoB has all noble phantasms due to lack of solid proof and its paradox and the fact that some noble phantasms are specially tied to a hero and basically makes anything you think about how GoB works headcanon due to vagueness, lack of solid proof and contradicting showings.

Nasu first has to make up his mind what he wants Gilgamesh to have. "Gate of Babylon has to have something that represents the Noble Phantasm of a Heroic Spirit otherwise it cannot be a Noble Phantasm" and then for the plot he doesn't have this or that, or he doesn't know what he has.

Even if he does have physical Noble Phantasm for some abilities and even Reality Marbles we cannot add it on his page. You can't add "he has God Hand in physical form but we don't know what it does so it's useless in versus debates". When he shows that he has something like that and when he shows what things like that can do, we will add it, there is no rush, Fate series aren't dying anytime soon. Until then, we stick to what we have and what we can show.

What evidences that we lack isn't GoB not containing the prototype of every NP. Collector and King of Heroes are already solid proof of it. What we lack is what are these Prototype NP can do compared to the later days version of it. There is something that have similiar effect to God Hand inside of his vault, but we just don't know what it looks like or how it truly works. But that doesn't mean that he doesn't has it

The problem is Nasu has made up his mind of what he wants Gil to have and that is "whatever he requires to win against anyone" but still leaves it vague enough so Gil can lose...

I haven't played Grand Order much, but from what I've seen Gilgamesh (caster version) died in the fight against Tiamat, but was able to summon himself from the Throne of Heroes as an archer class. What's the context behind that? Did he summon himself right before he died, or literally after he died?

The fact that he never uses any of them, when his life is in danger why didn't he pull out God Hand proto? Achilles invincibility? Why didn't he shoot the divine constructs at True Archer?

Also Gil doesn't have Vasavi Shakti and he doesn't recognize anything that is similar to it in his vault which is why he wants to take it from Karna so that contradicts it as well.

On the topic of Vasavi Shakti, Gilgamesh doesn't recognize the weapon and doesn't know which weapon in his vault would correspond to Vasavi Shakti. That's all because "the amount of wealth in my treasury exceeds even my knowledge".

Anyway we should just add invinsible sword, ice sword, draining scythe, lightning, weapons that can pierce mountains and auto-defensors. Also resistance to time manipulation due to not being affected by Enuma Elish's space-time dislocation.

Description of Merodach on his page should be adjusted as well. It should say that he has used Merodach's ability "light that burns away everything it touches" which is slightly weaker than Excalibur's ability. Technique noble phantasms as long as they are inherently part of the weapon is okay.

We should ignore the rest like techniques that are unique to a heroic spirit untill we have solid proof. Otherwise this is literally like planet level Saitama problem.

"Exceeds his knowledge." It's total PIS since he can just use Sha Nagba Imuru to find out what he has, but that's how he is for now. Anyway, we are not adding "he has everything in Nasuverse" until he shows some solid indications for that. If he takes out a divine construct or some Noble Phantasm and says "this is God Hand, or Ionian Hetairoi" (something like that) then we can discuss the possibility of him having absolutely everything. For now, due to lack of evidence the "Gate of Babylon paradox" cannot be accepted. I think most can agree on this.

Does anyone else have something on Gilgamesh that isn't included in his profile?

I agree with your summarisation. Should we include resistance to spatial manipulation because Enuma Elish is Space-Time disclocation?

@Ramesses

What about weapons like Rhos Aias? He should have the original in his vault, shouldn't he?

He already has spatial manipulation resistance. Nothing else needs to be included since his description is still "this guy has all weapon noble phantasms and their prototypes".

going briefly off topic. Could someone elaborate on' the 'Unnamed Dimensional Refraction Artifact?

iirc he lost his match against Kars due to abilities that had to do with parallel universes.

Would this help him in any way?

The Multi-Dimensional Refraction Phenomenon is one fragment of the Second Magic, which is essentially the ability to create openings into parallel universe.

He has some kind of Noble Phantasm that can defend against that, but details are unknown. I don't know how Kars uses parallel universes.

Discuss this in my thread, I myself know Kars quite a bit.

This can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back