• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mismatches and redundant matches

Bobsican

He/Him
I´ve seen those as reasons to close threads quite often, and I think we should write somewhere what they exactly consist of.

A mismatch is just that, a mismatch. One character having a massive advantage over the other that can't be overcome.

Redundant is (at least for me) is putting someone up against another character that they actually beat or lost to. It's like putting Piccolo up against Android 17. It's already happened in the show so why do it again.

This is just how I see it.

Another example of a redundant match would be something like if I decided to put the Silver Surfer up against Oryx despite SS already losing to his far weaker daughters, or if I decided to throw an Eversor assassin at all of High 8-C RWBY after one beat an 8-B.

Wokistan said:
Another example of a redundant match would be something like if I decided to put the Silver Surfer up against Oryx despite SS already losing to his far weaker daughters, or if I decided to throw an Eversor assassin at all of High 8-C RWBY after one beat an 8-B.
There are cases where that anology doesn't apply,an example would be Madara and Kaguya.She is stronger but loses most of her matches and Madara although weaker wins because of how he fights and intelligence.

It applies moreso in the first case than the latter due to Oryx having literally all of his daughter's powers, but yeah sometimes different abilities or fighting style can make something not as redundant.

Mismatch is far too broad to add in the rules, and mismatch and redundant are both pretty basic English words that don't have any special meaning here beyond what they already mean. I don't think we need to do that.

I meant as in something like:

"Keep in mind that redundant matches (Matches which outcome has been discussed in a similar fashion or already happened in canon) or mismatches (Stomps) won´t be added to the profiles of those involved, as these matches are not notable fights to begin with, even if popular characters are involved"

By the way, then, A mismatch is just like a decisive match but actually stompy?

No a mismatch is just bad. They're not mutually exclusive, stomps are mismatches by definition. Think of it like how all squares are quadrilaterals, but not all quadrilaterals are squares.

A mismatch is just a bad thread. A thread can be a bad matchup for a lot of reasons. It's a very general term.

Basically a mismatch is:

With speed unequal Character A blitzes Character B.

With speed equal Character B hits Character A and blows him to pieces due to AP gap.

Back