• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Xeelee Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A new kind of being ventured cautiously through the light-filled spaces, like insects with "bodies" of condensate and "wings" of spacetime defects. "

Higher-Dimensional Existence, they literally have bodies made of anomlies in space-time (Which is 11-D)

And

Immortality (Type 1) (They aren't biological beings but rather spacetime anomolies)

The grand unified theories of physics — the frameworks that merged gravitation and quantum mechanics — predicted that spacetime ought to assume a full eleven dimensions. The logic, the symmetry of the ideas, would allow little else.

this is just about the "Physical" universe and not the metaphysical stuff.

How does this sound?

Higher-Dimensional Existence (The Xeelee are living space-time anomolies, and likely 11-Dimensional physically as physical space-time contains 11 standard dimensions)

I presume that, along with the monumental increase in the amount of matter and dark matter both the Xeelee and Photino Birds can manipulate, this would also exponentially increase the number of dimensions in Configuration Space, if it is accepted, correct?

2 mods agree already. Seems fine to add at least Higher Dimensional Existance. Immortality 1 absolutely. Immortality type 5, do you have any more evidence? Say you had an 11th Dimensional sword and stabbed their body made up of 11 dimensional spacetime would you be able to kill them?

By virtue of being made up of 11 Dimensional space-time anomaly's, doesn't that make them very much corporeal? at least for someone who was 11-D as well. What makes them non-corporeal?

Without Azathoth around to evaluate this, nothing will likely happen.

In addition, after Ultima Reality's dimensional tiering revision, we are only supposed to use tier 1-C to High 1-B for fictions that treat higher dimensions as qualitatively superior to lower ones.

I don't have the time to read through long blog posts. Can you provide a summary instead?

Anyway, we usually try to not rate characters as higher-dimensional based on conjecture or informed speculation. Explicit statements are much preferable.

Concepts in lower dimensions is a reflection of higher-dimensional stuff

"Like a hologram. You have a two-dimensional surface that contains information about a three-dimensional object, the hologram, which is reconstructed when you shine laser light on it."

Okay, but are they qualitatively superior in terms of power?

The physicists now say you have to think of the universe, and all its long, singular history, as just one page in a great book of possibilities, stacked up in higher dimensions.

The multiverse is contained in higher dimensions and higher dimensions define lower dimenisonal concepts, so yes, it's consistent

Oh. I thought that you wanted to upgrade their tier. My apologies.

If they already have the tier in question, this should be perfectly fine.

Okay. No problem. Tell me here when you are done.

Again, no problem. I will close this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back