• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor thing about DCEU Batman

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
One of the justifications of him being 9-B is that he can punch with 1420 pounds of force, but that's actually talking about the armoured version of Batman, who is 9-A. That should be removed.

He would still be 9-B based on other feats.

Sure but uh they aren't though. The only better feat he has is the pillar one which the calc for is wanked (pulverisation is way too much) and guesswork while the base suit is fighting guys that tear apart the Batmobile which performs that kind of feat by itself.

That calc assumes a small part of a pillar was pulverized (because of all the dust) and the rest is violently fragmented. It doesn't say that the whole pillar was pulverized.

And the base suit's best feats are slamming some thugs into walls or something, far from 9-A.

For the Parademons, firstly they are quite inconsistent, as they were able to knock out Wonder Woman, and secondly why is damaging the Batmobile considered 9-A in the first place?

Also the Parademons are definitely significantly stronger than Batman, one of them knocked him out in one blow in an alternate timeline, and Batman was getting overpowered by a Parademon one-on-one in the tunnel scene.

Here's the full statement. Make of that what you will.

They don't exactly make it clear if that Parademon thing was an alternate timeline or a dream (from what I know, and the interviews are vague), and they've most likely dropped it entirely due to Zack Snyder leaving Justice League (from what I've heard).

Edit: There's an apparent twitter statement where he confirmed it (if that's truly Zack himself), but I doubt it's absolutely official.

The person stating he can punch with 1,420 pounds of force specifies that it's with his armoured batsuit, implying it makes him stronger, or at least in this interview.

Well to me it seems more like an alternate timeline but whatever, but in the tunnel scene Batman was getting tossed around by a single Parademon.

The video saying he can punch with 1420 pounds of force also says "with his metal gloves" or something, so the armoured Batsuit does make him stronger.

That calc assumes incorrectly as there was a bit of dust (exaggerating slightly) but that means the area contacted by Supes chest all got pulverised despite clearly seeing a bunch of rubble from the part he hit? And violent frag for the rest is far too much when the pillar was snapped in half, with no violent frag at all aside from where Supes actually hit which was already incorrectly taken as pulverisation.

The 1420 lbs statement also doesn't specify its with the Armored Bat. The narrator says that Batman's punches carry 1420 lbs, distinct pause before continuing and saying that with the metal gloves, it's like getting hit with a battering ram. The punch carries the same force but its the gauntlet that makes it seem like getting hit by a ram rather than a punch.

Batmobile also spends its time violently fragmenting large walls, tanked a car exploding right on top of it which is a calced at small building level, sends cars flying through the air with ease completely unscathed, drags the same cars without any loss of momentum, slams into Supes and no sells it (thinking about this, I am now curious as to how many Gs Bats took from it spinning), shifts small ships by tagging the edge of the hull.

The parademon from the Nightmare scene struck the back of his head so getting KO'd from that isn't an accurate depiction whereas him being able to stop, take and trade blows from/with Parademons in multiple scenes is.

The wall level stuff are all casual so having a bunch of them doesn't go against him being stronger than that and even supports the punching statement being about his base punches.

Does he say, "The strength of one of Batman's punches is equal to 1,420 pounds of force with his metal net gloves. This is like getting hit by a battering ram" or "The strength of one of Batman's punches is equal to 1,420 pounds of force. With his metal net gloves, this is like getting hit by a battering ram"? The latter doesn't seem to make much sense grammar wise and he takes large pauses between sentences.

The narrator was literally talking about his punch against Superman with the suit, not regular Batman.

And I think the former interpretation makes more sense, yeah.

The latter imo. He states how strong Bats is and his follow up sentence describes what the punch feels like as a result of the gloves. There is also the fast forward that takes place in the clip symbolising a different sentence where it would make more sense to speak about the gloves while it's the focus on screen with the punching strength if its the cause of it rather than group it with the hype sentence.

I disagree, personally, but we should find a transcript of some sort. I hear this is on the Extended Edition of BvS, so maybe there's subtitles.

I agree with Anon Black here. We have statements that put Batman's mech suit at the same level of his regular power, and the quote given indeed makes much more sense with the latter interpretation.

@Antvasima We are currently arguing about how to interpret this. ByAsura and I thinks it says "The strength of one of Batman's punches is equal to 1,420 pounds of force with his metal net gloves. This is like getting hit by a battering ram". AnonymousBlank and Ionliosite think that it should be interpreted as "The strength of one of Batman's punches is equal to 1,420 pounds of force. With his metal net gloves, this is like getting hit by a battering ram".

I have my YouTube blocked for most of the day, so I cannot verify. Is the armor robotic or just for protection? That seems to be the deciding factor here.

Well WoG claims that the armour is only for protection, but the armour is capable of fighting a weakened Superman and smash multiple large pillars which was calculated as 9-A, something Batman cannot do normally.

Well, if the armor is officially only for protection, it seems more likely that Batman can just punch with less restraint, due to not harming himself when striking hard objects.

True, but that means that regular suit Batman is unable to dish out 9-A punches with his regular suit despite having the ability to do so.

Bruce's best feats are with the armor so this is a clear case of feats>statements

That said Bruce's feats could put him pretty well into 9-B

I already explained why the destruction values for the pillar feat is wrong, base Batman has feats against parademons and everything else was casual. Using an inflated feat to justify feats > statements while ignoring everything that directly proves it worngis disingenuous.

I'm not even using the calc tho

Dude survived being tossed through a building by a weakened Clark and could tear out sinks

That's pretty clearly feats over statements

This also ignores he'd be stronger anyway thanks to the increased surface area of the armour

Tbf, you didn't bring up anything so I had to assume you were using the same arguments as above.

The first is a dura feat, the latter is just him tearing apart walls like normal. One of those doesn't apply to AP which is what this is for while the other is something he does anyway.

Having more surface area doesn't make anyone stronger. Durable? Sure but not stronger. If anything more surface area would make him weaker as his strikes get spread over a greater area, diminishing their force.

Batman can't tear apart walls normally, he only smashed through an extremely thin wall in the warehouse scene. All of his other feats are low-end Wall level at best as well.

And even if you assume Batman only violently fragmented the pillar instead of pulverization that's still 9-A (very close to 9-A+), vastly higher than any other feat he's performed.

Remove the "1420 pounds of force" thing from his profile since we're not sure if it refers to regular Batman or armoured Batman.

Back