• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Ruby Profile and RWBY Page Clean Up, Downgrade for Lifting Strength

Duedate8898

They/Them
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So one minor thing that I feel needs to be fixed for Ruby Rose's profile is getting rid of the first link in it for AP. The calc doesn't look like it was ever accepted and the link after it is justification enough for her current tier. Another thing is the first calc on the calculations page should be removed since what it's being used for was also not accepted.

Onto the bigger thing, this feat here is what gives everyone class K lifting strength, however the end accepted was the lower one, which would put everyone at Class 50. If the higher end was accepted somewhere else and I just haven't seen it, then I think wherever that is should be linked on the calc itself.

Everything here was accepted by staff and calc members in the threads that downgraded the verse

Then could you link them to the calcs themselves, there was no indication on any of them of such a thing.

Also, I can't find any thread around the time this calc was made to support this being accepted by said memebers.

And the one thread I found that refrences the lifting strength calc after it was added, it is never agreed upon to use it by those apart of it. It's just left to the wayside.

I mean, this is pretty clear-cut, the calc was accepted at Class 50, not Class K.

Oh yeah, this one doesn't look like it's accepted any longer. They're not Massively Hypersonic anymore. And even if they were, the feat appears to be Calc Stacking. It was agreed we can't use a character's movement or combat speed to calculate attack potency unless they were swinging around giant objects.

Kinetic Energy Feats

Speed can be used to find KE when:

The kinetic energy displayed is directly shown to be as a result of speed, or at least heavily implied to be so. Examples would be: A meteor crashing into the ground, as well as a Kaiju moving at full speed.

Ah, I thought it came from Ruby moving at triple mach speeds, and yes; KE is fine for Kaiju's and stuff.

It's fine to use then; I believe it was accepted by a former calc group member, but accepted back then regardless.

WeeklyBattles said:
Kinetic Energy Feats
Speed can be used to find KE when:

The kinetic energy displayed is directly shown to be as a result of speed, or at least heavily implied to be so. Examples would be: A meteor crashing into the ground, as well as a Kaiju moving at full speed.
@Bold So does that mean you can't get KE for a normal person running at high speed? Because that's blatantly stupid if so. If you can't get it for human sized objects then you shouldn't for kaiju sized objects either. I don't care if the latter is much bigger, size is all that has changed. The basic principle that says: "No KE for running" has not.

The problem is that moving fast to rescue someone is a common feat that's isn't really treated as a strength feat. And throwing a javelin to tag a Mach 1000 ship isn't a strength feat but a speed feat. But two Titans swinging building sized swords is definitely still AP, so we go by any objects that are class 1 as AP.

However, we do need to make a distinction between punching and body slamming, because every full grown human who isn't physical impaired has running at full speeds a 9-C feat.

Cool, then for the attack potency calcs these links should be placed.

That leaves the issue of the Lifting Strength Calc. Which none of these could have affected, since they're all from over a year before said calc was created and checked by calc members.

The lifting strength calc was created in that thread, Kep made it in that thread, i think it was the second or third one, he just never moved it to a blog until long after those threads were completed

And what I'm saying is that the calc we have at this very moment, shows only the low end being accepted. So until something else changes, lifting strength should be classified as the end accepted.

Class K was the end that was accepted in the revisions as shown by multiple staff and calc group members agreeing with it

Never is any end for the calc agreed upon, it was one of the many things that fell to the way side in the discussion. Everytime Xing brought it up, no one responded on which end to accept. Same thing in the very thread in which the calc was created. No end was agreed upon.

Except it wasnt, what was calced at Class 10 was a single gear, he didng multiply it by the actual number of gears lifted

So this calc isn't usable, not just that but its one done directly with Pyrrha's semblance, so we would have no reason to assume that it scales to anyone else but her with her semblance.

It is useable, it is a calculated feat of lifting strength

Seeing as Ruby was able to overpower Pyrrha's semblance with her physical strength i dont see why it wouldnt scale

Not only is the calc not accepted, but it was recacled lower, though that also wasn't accepted.

That aside what instance has Ruby ever overpowered Pyrrha's semblance?

It was accepted

During the food fight, Ruby overpowered pyrrha magnetism manipping hundreds of cans with her own semblance

Where was it accepted?

But it does look like Ruby overpowered Pyrrha's thrown cans so I will concede that point.

And fine by me, that doesn't resolve the issue of the current lifting feat being used or the one you have that tries to suppor it.

No they weren't, on the one for the nevermore, the end accepted is that of Class 50 and there was never any consensus in the threads about which end to use either. And for the second one, there is just nothing on the page that indicates it being accepted and it wasn't even brought up in the threads you have already linked.

Tbh I don't see how Ruby overpowering Pyrrha's Magnetism by creating a giant whirlwind with her speed would apply to her lifting speed.

@Due The concensus was to use Class K which is why theyre class K, it was even in the OP of the threads

As am I, but I'm not sure how we treat lifting strength for characters and those who overcome it when something like telekensis is involved, so I decided I couldn't really argue the point.

It is not in the OP of any of those threads, and in the second thread, which value to use is never accepted, while in the third while agreement is voiced for Arrogant, when which end to use is brought up no one ever responds to it. Another thing is the fact that calc members who checked the nevermore calc agreed to the lower end, with one of them even commenting here about it. And the Pyrhha feat was even calced until 2019, while all these threads occured in 2018 so there is no reason it should be used at the moment.

Wait, forget that bit about one of the calc members being here to agree to it, I didn't realize that Dargoo isn't one.

Back