• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Laxus and Wall additions

Just some minor additions to Wall and Laxus.

Wall should get Information Analysis and Adaptation (As he can analyze people to learn about their weaknesses and adapt his machines to develop different powers to exploit those weaknesses)

Along with that Wall should also get Water Manip for his Steam Magic, Statistics Amplification, Purification type 2, and Air Manipulation for his Fog Magic.

Laxus should get Resistance to Information Analysis and Absorption via Red Lightning Dragon Mode (Wall was unable to Analyze Laxus's Red Lightning, nor could he absorb it to gain more power)

He should also get Minor Blood Manipulation as well as Damage Boost via Red Lightning Dragon Mode (Red Lightning Dragon Mode combines his blood with his lightning allowing him to bypass conventional Lightning resistance, and causing him to bleed only makes his attacks more powerful)

Last edited:
I agree with the additions to whal

and I agree with minor blood manipulation+damage boost for laxus

However I’m neutral about resistance to information Analysis

Resistance to Information Analysis doesn't seem accurate to me

It could just be that Wall doesn't have the capabilities to understand what Red Lightning is
I mean that's just head canon as he doesn't mention anything about understanding, Wall literally states that he can't analyze which is directly related to his weakness magic. Given that the magic failed to to work on Red Lighting it would count as resistance.

Everything seems good, even Laxus' resistance should work from what I see.

I'm not sure if fog should be air manip, sometimes it is considered ice manip, but I don't know which is better.

Not sold on the resistance of Laxus, could just be Wall falling to understand it given how unique his Red Lightning is, Wall wouldn't have anything to analyze since it's not something common in FT.

Also this wouldn't scale to Laxus, it would be resistance for the Red Lightning and not Laxus himself.

Not sold on the resistance of Laxus, could just be Wall falling to understand it given how unique his Red Lightning is, Wall wouldn't have anything to analyze since it's not something common in FT.

Also this wouldn't scale to Laxus, it would be resistance for the Red Lightning and not Laxus himself.
It's not about his lack of understanding, it's just that his magic, which needs you to analyze the target first to adapt, failed to work on the Lightning. Thus we would give resistance to that ability to the lightning.

I sort of implied that but I make it more clear in the OP

I changed my mind about the Damage Boost thing BTW

There's nothing that states that Red Lightning gets more powerful as Laxus bleeds more

I changed my mind about the Damage Boost thing BTW

There's nothing that states that Red Lightning gets more powerful as Laxus bleeds more
Laxus gets cut by Erza, Laxus himself states that blood is what makes the power of Red Lightning, Erza then states that Laxus's attacks became more powerful. the scans I posted are back to back in the manga.

It's pretty clear cut.

Laxus himself states that blood is what makes the power of Red Lightning, Erza then states that Laxus's attacks became more powerful a the following panel as the scans I posted are back to back in the manga.

It's pretty clear cut.
No, she says he seems more powerful than she expected, which could be in response to him tanking her attack and still going, and his blood being the source of power for the Red Lightning doesn't mean that Laxus getting more hurt makes him stronger

Well I’m now on the fence about damage boost due to Mitch’s reason above so I’ll see what arguments are presented In order to refute Mitch’s argument

however I agree with everything else as of now

Back