• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Kung Fu Panda additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
I'm not entirely sure if this is worthy of a CRT or not, but better be safe than sorry. Plus, there's something else I wanted to cover.

Acrobatics is now an ability, and the majority of the verse I feel should have this ability. In fact, the only ones I feel shouldn't get this ability are Ke-Pa and possibly She and Thundering Rhino since I don't remember the latter showing any acrobatic ability, and Shen is probably at his most acrobatic here. If that counts, then put him down as well. I feel the rest should be self-explanatory.

Master Oogway should get Portal Creation and Resurrection following on from this thread. Given that it was Oogway's chi that allowed Kai to escape the Spirit Realm, and that it was Oogway's staff + the hero's chi he passed on to Po that allowed Po to create a portal back to the mortal realm. It's heavily implied that the only reason he hasn't returned to the mortal realm is because he didn't want to, given that his time had come. Also, he should probably have his abilities seperated between what he can do with and without Hero's Chi.

Master Shifu should get Cosmic Awareness via this. He sensed that Po was in danger from numerous miles away.

Acrobatics seems fine.

I am uncertain about portal creation and resurrection if they are only implied, not shown outright.

That is just Extrasensory Perception.

Po shows it through his Hero's Chi, which Oogway had specifically passed on to him. Also, there's a case in Legends of Awesomeness where Oogway physically appears in the Mortal Realm, if only briefly.

Fair enough, although perhaps Clairvoyance would be better yet as Extrasensory Perception seems to be more to do with sensing energy rather than 'knowing' things.

I thought that Po had Hero's Chi on his own.

Clairvoyance is fine, yes.

As Ke-Pa explained in Enter the Dragon, once the possessor of the Hero's Chi passes away, they pass it onto someone. Oogway passed it onto Po, and Po was able to awaken his Hero's Chi using the chi from the peach tree sapling and defeat Ke-Pa. Later, in KFP3, he was able to awaken it again with the combined chi of the panda village. At this point, he had mastered Hero's Chi, and could utilise it without needing some external force to awaken it.

You can make the accepted changes in any case.

Alright. Is the clip above enough to justify Acrobatics for Lord Shen or nah?

I removed the possibly on Shen's profile. This can probably be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back