• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one will only affect a small handful of characters.

Ohma and the other 8-C characters scale to 1.37 tons. In the Semi Finals, Ohma and Waka face each other, which lasts quite awhile before Ohma is overwhelmed by Takeshi's sheer physical prowess. Even when utilizing Indestructible Ohma was incapable of blocking all the damage. In this fight I found a particularly interesting statement, Ohma makes this statement. Ohma's Indestructible is rated as a 10, whereas Waka's strikes are a 50, in turn effectively 5 times stronger than Ohma's durability. That being said Waka should get upgraded to , 6.85 tons High 8-C+.

This wouldn't scale to anyone expect for Waka himself, Julius, Toa and perhaps Kanoh. But wait! There's more! Waka's kicks are stated to be 3x as powerful than his strikes. This however wouldn't scale to anyone in KAT, as this attack knocked out Julius cleanly. 20.55 tons 8-B. So Waka's profile would look something like this.

Large Building Level+ (His blows were stated to be heavier than Raian's blows by Ohma. If Ohma's Indestructible were a 10, Takeshi's strikes would be a 50 making him 5x stronger than Ohma. He severely injured Muteba with one strike and dealt heavy damage to Ohma forcing the latter to use Demonsbane to defeat him.), City-Block Level when kicking (His legs are stated to be 3x stronger than his strikes.), far higher with Blast Core (By compressing all of his muscles and unleashing them are once Takeshi is capable of attacking using all of his monstrous strength.)

Last edited:
Yeah that's my bad, I ****** up on the formatting there. Meant to put Blast Core after his 8-B via kicks, I guess it must have slipped past me while I was writing.

Omega Kanoh scales, not KAT Kanoh. Unfortunately Waka and Kanoh never clashed in KAT, however in Omega it's stated that 100% GuiHun Lu had strength on the level of Julius, endured his strikes and knocked the dog shit out if him. With KAT Kanoh, his scaling is somewhat convoluted but I plan on tackling overall scaling in general later on since that's a mess.

If Omega Kanoh scales, shouldn’t Omega Raian also scale then? Gaolang stated that the only people who can compete with Naiden in strength are Raian, Waka, and Julius, implying that Raian>Kanoh in terms of physicals (outside of dragon shot)

The only problem with the 3 times multiplier is that the narrator is saying that it is a general characteristic of any human and not especially for Wakatsuki, which means theoretically that the multiplier could be used on any character

If Omega Kanoh scales, shouldn’t Omega Raian also scale then? Gaolang stated that the only people who can compete with Naiden in strength are Raian, Waka, and Julius, implying that Raian>Kanoh in terms of physicals (outside of dragon shot)
Omega Raian never fought Guihun Lu, Agito endured several of his strikes without all too much damage and fought on even grounds. Iirc Kanoh was also stated in there. Kanoh fought against Guihun Lu Tain who was compared to Julius in term of power.

Gao at the time was also unaware of Lu Tain's capabilities, so there's no way he would have known his Guihun is on par with Julius.
The only problem with the 3 times multiplier is that the narrator is saying that it is a general characteristic of any human and not especially for Wakatsuki, which means theoretically that the multiplier could be used on any character
I'd feel uncomfortable with applying that multiplier to every character, Wakatsuki is really the only character who this should be totally applicable to as he's the only one to have feats to support this, such as knocking out Julius with her kicks while his strikes couldn't even with Blast Core (aimed at non vitals.).

I'd feel uncomfortable with applying that multiplier to every character, Wakatsuki is really the only character who this should be totally applicable to as he's the only one to have feats to support this, such as knocking out Julius with her kicks while his strikes couldn't even with Blast Core (aimed at non vitals.).
I mean, I feel like the multiplier is not a multiplier, the author probably took that information from some website or something to be more realistic and not be 100% a Deus Ex Machine. It is hard to imagine that the 3 times multiplier is real for any kick attack when it is stated that Julius and Wakatsuki are comparable without considering the powerful techniques (It is also said that the muscular strength of two is equal), or when you remember that Julius was able to survive a kick without too much difficulty. If the multiplier of so much difference was relevant this would be shown more often, but it is not. What complicates the multiplier being consistent is that it is said to be for any human, not just Waka.

I mean, I feel like the multiplier is not a multiplier, the author probably took that information from some website or something to be more realistic and not be 100% a Deus Ex Machine. It is hard to imagine that the 3 times multiplier is real for any kick attack when it is stated that Julius and Wakatsuki are comparable without considering the powerful techniques (It is also said that the muscular strength of two is equal), or when you remember that Julius was able to survive a kick without too much difficulty. If the multiplier of so much difference was relevant this would be shown more often, but it is not. What complicates the multiplier being consistent is that it is said to be for any human, not just Waka.
How is the stated multiplier not a multiplier? It's directly stated, and if Sandro was basing this off of something realistic then he would have provided some type of citation and or not like he typically does.

You just posted the scan that contradicts your point. Despite the two being equal in terms of muscular strength, Julius has the bigger frame making all the difference. Julius's durability >>> Wakatsuki's AP. For reference, Blast Core wasn't able to put Julius down, twice and three times actually (Right after the first Blast Core, will post scans later.)

Meanwhile in with two kicks Waka could two shot Julius.

Julius blocked the first kick, and Waka didn't have much torque behind that kick, it was a front leg thrust. The others were roundhouse's, which Julius didn't block.

At worst I suppose it would be "8-B with roundhouse kicks." (Noted to be 3x stronger than his strikes, knocked Julius out in two blows with his roundhouse kicks despite Julius being able to endure Wakatsuki's strikes, whereas Julius endured two Blast Core despite them injuring him.)

Last edited:
Despite the two being equal in terms of muscular strength, Julius has the bigger frame making all the difference. Julius's durability >>> Wakatsuki's AP
It is not said that it is more durable, it is said that it has a higher resilience. If you see Wakatsuki has even more feats of durability than Julius. Also, they have equal physical strength, and therefore it doesn't make sense for one to have 3 times stronger common kicks if they are at least comparable. And if you consider that Julius also has a kick that is 3 times stronger than his punches it would make things even more inconsistent
Blast Core wasn't able to put Julius down, twice actually.
The first Julius is almost falling, if the attack had hit a part like the head he would have lost probably already. The second time was not exactly an attack, Wakatsuki just used it to avoid being crushed, not to attack.
Meanwhile in with two kicks Waka could two shot Julius.
Julius was already practically "dead" and the attack was on a vital point with no defense. And as stated before, the Blast Core is the most powerful thing Wakatsuki possesses (which makes it stronger than his kicks obviously), so it's not a good point
Julius blocked the first kick, and Waka didn't have much torque behind that kick, it was a front leg thrust. The others were roundhouse's, which Julius didn't block.
Thats fair

Also I believe Kanoh meant to say they're comparable, not equal. They can both seriously harm each other with their blows, but due to Julius having the size advantage his frame makes all the difference. This is shown several times such as Julius restraining Waka, and completely manhandling Takeshi.
It is not said that it is more durable, it is said that it has a higher resilience.
the capability of a strained body to recover its size and shape after deformation caused especially by compressive stress.

I.E durability, especially in this case where it's stated that Julius's frame is making all the difference. I doubt this is referring to stamina either, as Wakatsuki takes the edge in stamina. Between Wakatsuki and Ohma, Wakatsuki has the "resilience" advantage in terms of durability. In terms of endurance, Ohma has the advantage over Wakatsuki due to the latter being able to fight for 5 days non stop against a vastly stronger opponent with little to no rest. Kengan makes this point particularly clear.
If you see Wakatsuki has even more feats of durability than Julius.
Wakatsuki isn't more durable than Julius, he has more endurance. Julius was still standing after taking Blast Core's from Wakatsuki, and Julius's attacks were causing more damage to Wakatsuki than Wakatsuki was causing damage to Julius, again due to his bigger frame.
Also, they have equal physical strength, and therefore it doesn't make sense for one to have 3 times stronger common kicks if they are at least comparable. And if you consider that Julius also has a kick that is 3 times stronger than his punches it would make things even more inconsistent
No, they do not have equal physical strength. Julius manhandled Takeshi on several occasions. Wakatsuki has the lead in blows, Julius has the advantage in durability. "He's too tough!" To directly quote Takeshi, followed by Julius effortlessly tanking his blows. Also that's hardly a kick, that's a forwards leg thrust, not something that utilizes a massive amount of torque like a roundhouse. Simple physics.
The first Julius is almost falling,
Falling =/= a knockout. He was still standing relatively intact afterwards and could again, overpower Takeshi after taking said blast Core.
if the attack had hit a vital point like the head he would have lost probably already.
a vital point is just that, a weak point on the body, attacking a vital with Takeshi's full force is obviously going to be a KO. Whenever Wakatsuki hit him with Blast Core's to the stomach he was fine but damaged.
The second time was not exactly an attack,
It's his breaking free of Julius's grip using every muscle in his body. Again signifying that Julius is the stronger between the two in terms of physical strength. They're comparable but Julius edges out.
Wakatsuki just used it to avoid being crushed, not to attack.
Precisely my point, Wakatsuki needed to utilize his strongest technique using all of his muscles in one go to break free.

Julius's durability > Non vital Blast Core >>> Julius's strength >>> Base Wakatsuki.
Julius was already practically "dead" and the attack was on a vital point with no defense. And as stated before, the attack is the most powerful thing Wakatsuki possesses (which makes it stronger than his kicks obviously), so it's not a good point
Yeah no, Julius was far from being "dead." close to death is Ohma who was dying of internal damage. A dead man doesn't go from being "dead." to ragdolling Wakatsuki. Also I've taken that into consideration in the OP, Blast Core would just be "higher with Blast Core."
Also gonna call bull shit on this as well, Ohma's liver was literally almost ruptured and that attack put him on his ass. Wakatsuki's previous attacks were breaking Ohma's bones and rendering his arms and legs unusable. This doesn't make any sense to use as a counter argument. And before you say "it didn't one shot him." Ohma is the same person who can survive monstrous amounts of damage, and his brain can produce endorphins 5 to 6 times stronger than that of Morphine. Same dude who's also been fighting the tournament with serious nerve and heart damage that's been accumulating for the last 10ish years.

Yeah Ohma is more than capable of fighting with life threatening injury.

Last edited:
Also to the 3x statement is only made whenever Takeshi unleashes his roundhouse kicks, not whenever he uses standard kicks with little to no torque. It's also only ever stated whenever Wakatsuki throw's them, not whenever other fighters do it. Occam's Razer points to Wakatsuki's roundhouses being 3x stronger than his strikes.

Also I believe Kanoh meant to say they're comparable, not equal.
This is shown several times such as Julius restraining Waka
Julius was clearly at an advantage here. Wakatsuki was without a ground to stand on and he was caught off guard. Pressing the muscles is much easier in this case
This is simply a combo attack. It's not as if Wakatsuki is not capable of fighting back
I.E durability, especially in this case where it's stated that Julius's frame is making all the difference. I doubt this is referring to stamina either, as Wakatsuki takes the edge in stamina.
I mean, it is literally said that the advantage of having bigger frames is resilience, which means that you are able to recover quickly from difficulties/attacks. This is not durability. It also makes no sense for the durability to be higher since the punchs have the same effect between one and the other.
Later it is explained that this is because of his resilience and not because of durability. The other things I explained above
Also that's hardly a kick, that's a forwards leg thrust, not something that utilizes a massive amount of torque like a roundhouse
But it is a kick, a straight kick is still a kick. You say that like it's not a kick. Also, the scan said that the multiplier is for the legs and didnt say it was only for a roundhouse kick, so regardless of the specific attack the multiplier still works
He was still standing relatively intact afterwards and could again, overpower Takeshi after taking said blast Core.
You treat the two as if they have a huge difference in power, but this is not real. What happened in this scene was simply a combo attack, not Julius completely overcoming Wakatski's strength, as he is later able to block a kick
a vital point is just that, a weak point on the body, attacking a vital with Takeshi's full force is obviously going to be a KO. Whenever Wakatsuki hit him with Blast Core's to the stomach he was fine but damaged.
So you are saying that Julius's durability other than at vital points is superior to the Blast Core, which is stronger than the kicks, which is 3 times stronger than the punches...? How is this possible, with this logic no punch would be able to scratch Julius's body
Precisely my point, Wakatsuki needed to utilize his strongest technique using all of his muscles in one go to break free.
I have already explained this part
Yeah no, Julius was far from being "dead." close to death is Ohma who was dying of internal damage. A dead man doesn't go from being "dead."
"Dead" was just an expression lol
Also I've taken that into consideration in the OP, Blast Core would just be "higher with Blast Core."
If it is bigger it makes no sense to use it to try to justify a weaker attack
Also gonna call bull shit on this as well, Ohma's liver was literally almost ruptured and that attack put him on his ass. Wakatsuki's previous attacks were breaking Ohma's bones and rendering his arms and legs unusable. This doesn't make any sense to use as a counter argument.
Punches to kicks don't seem to make much difference in the fight itself. You can see Ohma blocking punches and kicks several times without showing such a vast difference

Last edited:
And to quote Wakatsuki "He's too tough!" followed by Kanoh's statement. "If they're equal in terms of muscles, then the one with the bigger frame has the advantage. A bigger frame is particularly linked to an increase of resilience. Wakatsuki only has one way to gain the upper hand."

First of all, Kanoh isn't even sure if they're truly equals, this is isn't Kanoh outright stating they're equals so your taking this out of context First of all. Secondly, in context Kanoh is referring to Julius's durability, which again he is shown to be more durable between the two combatants. Wakatsuki needs to land his strongest attacks on Julius's vitals to have any chance of knocking him out, already meaning that Julius has durability above that of Wakatsuki's normal strikes. "Wakatsuki has the edge in blows but.." followed by Wakatsuki stating Julius is too tough. I'm not sure how this isn't clear to you when both direct statements and literal feats of Julius's tanking Wakatsuki's blows and being stated to be too tough for Wakatsuki to bring down Julius without his Blast Core. Your heavily ignoring the context here, Agito never stated they were equals, Julius is shown to do more damage to Wakatsuki than Wakatsuki is able to damage Julius.
Julius was clearly at an advantage here. Wakatsuki was without a ground to stand on and he was caught off guard. Pressing the muscles is much easier in this case
Being caught off guard doesn't lower Wakatsuki's durability, due to his Superman Syndrome they're always as strong as they are, without him actively cleaning his already dense muscle fibers.

Pressing the muscles on someone who has Superman Syndrome isn't easier in that case in the slightest, his muscles fibers are much thicker than Julius's. Especially with Wakatsuki being the heavier of the two, Julius just weights more due to his bigger frame. Wakatsuki also needed to actively utilize Blast Core to escape Julius's grip, even striking him didn't work, and being an expert in Karate Wakatsuki excels at close range striking.
This is not simply a combo attack, this is literally Wakatsuki being forcefully Overpowered and ragdolled. Also really? Let's not be misleading of the time-frame here, that was during the beginning of the match, quite literally after this is stated, Julius is both stated to be too durable for Wakatsuki and gains the edge in the bout.
I mean, it is literally said that the advantage of having bigger frames is resilience, which means that you are able to recover quickly from difficulties/attacks. This is not durability.
This is absolutely in reference to Durability, the definition of Resilience can have more than one definition first of all.

resilience​

Noun
re·sil·ience | \ ri-ˈzil-yən(t)s \

Definition of resilience

1: the capability of a strained body to recover its size and shape after deformation caused especially by compressive stress
2: an ability to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change.

Examples of resilience in a Sentence​

… the concert remained a remarkable tribute to Dylan's resilience and continued relevance.— Susan Richardson, Rolling Stone, 15 Dec. 1994He squeezed the rubber with a clamp and then released it—demonstrating with this painfully simple experiment that the material lost its resilience and therefore its ability to flex rapidly enough to protect the rocket joint from tumultuous hot gases.

it can mean both recovery and durability, depending on the context of what's the term is being used in. In this context it's in terms of durability, not recovery as Julius is shown and shown to be more durable while Wakatsuki is shown to have the edge in the recovery rate and stamina as per evidence of him having literally half of his face shaved off and proceeding to KO Julius, getting stabbed in the neck by Muteba and proceeding to Blast Core him, having his own power reflected back at him with greater force, twice albeit the first one wasn't time perfectly but it still reflected Wakatsuki's strength back at him. The second usage was a perfectly timed Demonsbane directly to Wakatsuki's chin and got back up. Julius does not have feats of recovering from attacks that are over 2x as strong as his AP. Wakatsuki does, and he took the Demonsbane to his chin, which is a much more dangerous vital point than striking at the head directly.
And again, this is ignoring the time-frame of where the statements take place. These take place in the 14th & 16th page of chapter 138. Then we get to page 17 which is after the statements you've posted, where Julius is stated to be verbatim too tough for Wakatsuki and overpowers the Wild Tiger. You can't say that this was due to skill either as Julius doesn't believe in using skill, but rather sheer strength.

Also starting off on equal footing doesn't mean Jack shit, Agito and Lu Tain fought for 5 minutes straight before he was overwhelmed by Lu Tain, showing Lu Tain had the physical and skill advantage.
Later it is explained that this is because of his resilience and not because of durability. The other things I explained above.
Yeah and that's false as I've stated before, resilience can mean many things depending on the context of where it's being used. In this context it's durability, Julius does not have more endurance than Wakatsuki, quite the opposite as I've proven above.
But it is a kick, a straight kick is still a kick. You say that like it's not a kick. Also, the scan said that the multiplier is for the legs and didnt say it was only for a roundhouse kick, so regardless of the specific attack the multiplier still works.
I know for a fact you didn't just use a trained MMA fighters kicking to compare Julius kicking. One is from someone with martial arts experience, one is from a hulking roid head with no skill whatsoever. The statement is brought up once Wakatsuki preforms the roundhouse kick, not whenever he uses normal and low kicks. If the statement were to be applicable of every kick then it would have been made once Wakatsuki landed the first leg thrust.
You treat the two as if they have a huge difference in power, but this is not real. What happened in this scene was simply a combo attack, not Julius completely overcoming Wakatski's strength, as he is later able to block a kick
I'm not treating as if there's a massive power gap between the two, but there's definitely a power difference nonetheless. That again, was not just a "barrage", Julius doesn't not focus on precise blows, he relies on sheer strength and by overpowering the opponent. For reference, Wakatsuki is capable of countering attack reflection from Ohma's Redirection Kata, Redirection Kata uses the flow of Power of the opponents in order to change it's trajectory. Wakatsuki is capable of stopping his own power when used against him such as the Redirection Kata, whereas he can't do the same to Julius due to Julius being stronger than Wakatsuki.

Also he didn't "block" the kick, going by what we're shown the kiss didn't land on Wakatsuki accurately. I want you to look at the position of where Wakatsuki's wrist is. His wrist is on Julius's thigh, implying Julius's foot didn't make direct contact with Takeshi. If he blocked the strike Julius's foot would have been stopped in its tracks on Wakatsuki's's arm. Also Wakatsuki previously needed two arms to block his leg thrust. It wouldn't make any sense for an grievously injured Wakatsuki to be able to block a leg thrust from Julius with only one arm whenever he was trembling after blocking with two previously. and is capable of defending himself from all of Ohma's actual barrage's with actual skill and precision unlike Julius. Or are you insinuating Julius is more skilled than Ohma?
So you are saying that Julius's durability other than at vital points is superior to the Blast Core, which is stronger than the kicks, which is 3 times stronger than the punches...? How is this possible, with this logic no punch would be able to scratch Julius's body.
Is there any reason in particular why you continue to intentionally use scans that happened way before these statements and feats happen? It doesn't add up, again use the right context or don't use the context at all.

Did I stutter? I explained it perfectly in the OP.
Julius endured 2 Blast Core's, that weren't aimed at his Vital's. What makes Blast Core so dangerous is that Wakatsuki unleashes all of his muscles strength into one blow and aim's for vital and weak points.

Julius's durability is above Wakatsuki's normal punches, they can still harm each other but Julius going by the narrative, contextual feats and statements has the edge in durability and strength. Wakatsuki can only cause superficial damage when striking Julius without Blast Core or his roundhouse kicks, the only time Wakatsuki ever caused significant damage to Julius was with Blast Core and his Roundhouse kicks.
I have already explained this part
No, you actually haven't. You haven't even touched Wakatsuki needing to use Blast Core to escape his grip, every time Julius caught a hold of Wakatsuki he was unable to escape. Feats, statements and the flow of events strongly disagree with you.
"Dead" was just an expression lol..
And a terrible expression at that, couldn't be any further from the truth.
If it is bigger it makes no sense to use it to try to justify a weaker attack
This doesn't make much sense.

Wakatsuki's Blast Core >> his roundhouse >> Julius's durability >> his normal AP.
Punches to kicks don't seem to make much difference in the fight itself. You can see Ohma blocking
This is him literally having an unimaginable amount of damage dealt. He was suffering serious injury to his arms when blocking with Indestructible and made Ohma incapable of using Indestructible on his arms.
Oh you mean the same kicks that were causing his legs to literally become numb and intense internal bleeding, that almost broke his legs? Yeah no, that doesn't work. Ohma's limbs were getting turned into mush and his bones were literally shattering.

.Okay this part your heavily taking the scans out of context, and are literally ignoring the contradictory that you just posted with all due respect. All of what you posted as feats of endurance and stamina, not durability. There's an absolute vast difference between Ohma and Wakatsuki, Wakatsuki manhandled Ohma on several occasions and sealed off his Niko Style Technique barring Demonsbane. The entire point of the fight was to display the massive stat difference between the two to bring in Demonsbane.

Long story short: Your argument relies on using panels that happened before the events of the statements and feats I've provided, are taking Kanoh's statement out of context (it's not even a direct statement, he said "if.") and are outright ignoring the flow of events.

Last edited:
This seems simple enough.

Also, regarding the "but if it were 15x stronger he would've got oneshot" is not a solid argument. That's entirely dependent on the series, for example, in dragon ball we see Goku scrap with people in like base and then still scrap with those same people after getting like 50x amps. A oneshot being like 7ish times on this wiki isn't a golden standard for every verse.

I agree with the OP.

Also, regarding the "but if it were 15x stronger he would've got oneshot" is not a solid argument. That's entirely dependent on the series, for example, in dragon ball we see Goku scrap with people in like base and then still scrap with those same people after getting like 50x amps. A oneshot being like 7ish times on this wiki isn't a golden standard for every verse.
Thats true, the whole 7.5x thing is just because thats the difference between 10-B and 9-C, but not all verses care to IRL stuff lmao

This seems pretty unanimous, the only only character this would scale to are KAT Wakatsuki, KAT Julius (and their respective Omega keys.), and Toa Mudo. I'll discuss the scaling of those who should and shouldn't scale to them in a new thread.

Changes seem fine with the staff approval, if anyone wants to close this I'll apply the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back