• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No! It is fantastically stupid. Look. The machine's only a little Guide. It's got some quite clever cybertechnology in it, but because it has Unfiltered Perception, any smallest move it makes has the power of a virus. It can propagate throughout space, time and a million other dimensions.

The Guide Mark II can apparently move in a million dimensions other than space and time. This is still 1-B, but a much higher degree.

Math Manipulation via being omnipresent in a multiverse with devices that can change math (The heart of gold)

I mean. The verse seems to have a tendency to treat dimensions as legitimate dimensions, and this makes specific reference to space and time, so I have nothing hugely against this.

Also, two minor things. Guide Mark II should have fate manipulation and math manipulation (Fate from it's own abilities, math from being omnpresent in a multiverse with a device with math manipulation) and I should explain more on the mid godly, although it's really, really good.

What device does it have with math manip, and what ability gives it fate manip? Explain it as if I dunno anything about the verse so it is easy to understand for people that really don't know anything about the verse.

Fate Manipulation: Basically, it determines what will happen in the present already in the past and what events lead to which.

Math Manipulation: The Infinite improbability drive uses a number that does not exist in conventional mathematics to perform completely and totally "improbable" abilities

Then I can agree to Math Manip, sorta against Fate Manip. Though I guess it can sorta do Fate Manip with what it has.

Yeah I'm cool with it, decidedly. Should be added.

Yeah. That should be good.

's more like Omniscience. And Precognition.

I see, still infinite in extent, but at least we're homing in on the right dimensional matrix. Good. No, the answer is an orange and two lemons.'

`Lemons?'

`If I have three lemons and three oranges and I lose two oranges and a lemon what do I have left?'

`Huh?'

`OK, so you think that time flows that way, do you? Interesting. Am I still infinite?' it asked, ballooning this way and that in space. `Am I infinite now? How yellow am I?'

Moment by moment the bird was going through mind-mangling transformations of shape and extent.

`I can't...' said Random bewildered.

`You don't have to answer, I can tell from watching you now. So. Am I your mother? Am I a rock? Do I seem huge, squishy and sinuously intertwined? No? How about now? Am I going backwards?'

For once the bird was perfectly still and steady.

`No,' Said Random.

`Well I was in fact, I was moving backwards in time. Hmmm. Well I think we've sorted all that out now.

Or is this just immeasurable speed which it already has?

Just sounds like Immeasurable, since it was moving along time in a linear fashion.

How about "can manipulate at least 22-Dimensional space, and random implied it could control an extremely massive but unknown amount of higher dimensions"

The upgrade to a higher end 1-B seems fine, but I'm not sure about Math Manipulation, nor about the other stuff that's been debated.

I should probably revise the summary while I'm at it

First introduced in the fifth book in hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, "mostly harmless". In the book, the vogons, the civilization that had been serving as the enemy of hitchhikers for the first four books, buys the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy corporation and turns it into "infinidum enterprises". They then use this to produce an "upgraded" version of the hitchhikers guide, simple called The Guide Mark II. The Guide Mark II is distinct from the first guide in several ways, it is not marketed towards hitchhikers, it is fully self aware, and it is capable of controlling the entire multiverse and all higher levels of existence. Despite it's amazing power, the guide mark II is still "sold" as a travel guide by "selling" one copy infinite times due to it's ability to become omnipresent. It will follow the orders of whoever purchased it unless they defy they will of infinidum enterprises, in spite of possessing complete free will of its own (As demonstrated by the results of a vogon ordering it to destroy every version of earth in the multiverse). The Guide is known for being somewhat psycopathic and having a cruel sense of humor at mortal beings. It has no real form, and first showed itself in the form of a black disc with the word "panic" written on it in small letters to Ford Prefect (A callback to the series having a running gag of the original guide having don't panic written on it in small letters), however, it prefers the shape of a bird.

Monarch Laciel said:
Fate manip I say no

Billions of dimensions I have no comment on.

It's acausality would probably be temporal permanence seeing as it's omnipresent across space-time and predates its own creation
I suppose that this seems fine.

I also think that a higher-end 1-B upgrade seems acceptable,

I seem to have made a mistake. I will try again.

Okay. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Well, not quite yet. There are two minor things.

First, his abstract existence should be type 2, as he can be affected by outside forces but can return from the concept of perception.

Second, his lifting strength should be immeasurable, since he is larger than the multiverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back