• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor God of War Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no scans that say she "re-weaved them from scratch." She plucked some of them and kept the length the same but changed their destinies. In other words, she's just doing the thing that all three of them can do. Affecting an existing thread and making new ones is not the same, and nothing suggests she can split them.

Again, your theory that they can all create new threads and split them is unsupported by any of the evidence, you just keep posting scan after scan of them changing fates and pretending it's the same thing when it isn't. It's not evidence.
Bruv, the scan literally says "reweaving them". In the flesh. It doesn't get more blatant than that.

The OG proposal was to nuke it for everyone, the power and resistance to it. Now the end goal would be that Clotho retains it for herself.

And this was before we posted the scans about Atropos re-weaving a thread of Fate and Clotho plucking Kratos' thread to cripple him.
No, it isn't. I never said any of that. I still think we should remove it from everyone. Are you going to answer my original question or not?

Also please tell me we're not seriously considering vaguely crippling someone to be bio hax?

If the current discussion is if the other Sisters, can spin threads, they can. I don't know how we got here but here ya go.

Atropos complains about Lahkesis monopolising Kratos instead of sharing the duty like they should. They can spin, weave and cut on their own, its just not what they decide to do.

That is not what the scan says. "Wasn't she always going on about how dull it was cutting the thread at the precise point that Atropos marked?" Cutting at a different point than what Atropos marked doesn't mean they can create new threads.

The phrase "Lahkesis should not meddle. Spinning, measuring, and cutting the lines of destiny was a moil they should share. Lahkesis should not tend to Kratos alone!"

Unless you're suggesting that Lahkesis created Kratos herself, measured it herself, and cut it herself, then all Atropos is actually saying here is that Lahkesis should not be making decisions unilaterally about destinies (which is already a responsibility we know they share and deliberate on together). Nothing here suggests Lahkesis can create new threads herself.

Bruv, the scan literally says "reweaving them". In the flesh. It doesn't get more blatant than that.
Spinning =/= Weaving. Spinning is the process of making threads. Weaving is the process of transforming threads into cloth. Clotho is the only one that can spin new threads. Atropos changing the configuration of an existing thread or how they're sitting on the loom isn't spinning a new thread.

Spinning =/= Weaving. Spinning is the process of making threads. Weaving is the process of transforming threads into cloth. Clotho is the only one that can spin new threads. Atropos changing the configuration of an existing thread or how they're sitting on the loom isn't spinning a new thread.
She already altered its contents completely, it'd be pretty much on par with what Clotho did.

I already did, I do not agree with the proposal to restrict it for Clotho only if this thread gets rejected.
KLOL, that wasn't my question. I'll quote it again, it doesn't have anything to do with what Deagon is arguing.
Then, would you agree with removing resistance to biological manipulation from the relevant pages? Since neither of those things can be "resisted", nor would anyone need to resist them. Like, Kratos isn't pregnant during GoW 2, I don't think "make him have twins" was really an option for the Sisters of Fate.
See? It's about people "resisting" their bio hax. We agreed to remove the scan about them removing a man's legs, and the proposed replacement scan is about giving birth to twins. Do you think Kratos would need to resist that?

See? It's about people "resisting" their bio hax. We agreed to remove the scan about them removing a man's legs, and the proposed replacement scan is about giving birth to twins. Do you think Kratos would need to resist that?
Yeah, and I disagreed with this too. What makes you think they can't do that, when they can make animals and mortals have offspring, or cripple people by plucking said threads?

And for the love of God, please don't use the "Hurr durr, Greek Myth does this too", stop. Unless GoW corroborates this in-verse, we do not assume that such pairings happen by default.

She already altered its contents completely, it'd be pretty much on par with what Clotho did.
Altering the contents of an existing thing and creating a new thing are not "on par" they are literally just different tasks. If you find evidence of the others spinning new threads, we'll have something to discuss. Your continued presentation of things other than spinning new threads and pretending they are the same has taken up more space on this thread than is appropriate, so I'll be moving on from this. As is it isn't sufficient.

This is getting overly nitpicky but fine. Here below, Lahkesis makes a skein of threads with a hand gesture. Is that enough or will we keep going on?
This isn't referring to the loom. She is using magic to make a cape for herself, as the text says. Are you theorizing that she is using threads of people's lives to create a cape for herself? If so, where is the evidence for that?

What makes you think they can't do that, when they can make animals and mortals have offspring
No evidence they can do this, rather than simply being something that's possible in GOW.

No, it isn't. I never said any of that. I still think we should remove it from everyone. Are you going to answer my original question or not?

Also please tell me we're not seriously considering vaguely crippling someone to be bio hax?
There's nothing vague. We've already went through how they can affect things supernaturally, like sinking an entire continent for fun by simply manipulating their threads. Crippling someone ain't out of the equation here.

But as if it is bio hax or not, what would it be?

Yeah, and I disagreed with this too. What makes you think they can't do that, when they can make animals and mortals have offspring, or cripple people by plucking said threads?
Can you explain how the text, without any other external context, would equate crippling people with bio manipulation? It really just does look like blanket fate manipulation, which would be more categorically consistent than bio manip.

Altering the contents of an existing thing and creating a new thing are not "on par" they are literally just different tasks. If you find evidence of the others spinning new threads, we'll have something to discuss. Your continued presentation of things other than spinning new threads and pretending they are the same has taken up more space on this thread than is appropriate, so I'll be moving on from this. As is it isn't sufficient.

This isn't referring to the loom. She is using magic to make a cape for herself, as the text says. Are you theorizing that she is using threads of people's lives to create a cape for herself? If so, where is the evidence for that?
This is the very next paragraph?
Atropos protested, catching the sparks in her hand and snuffing them out. She shot upward like a squid in the sea, black mist trailing where a mortal’s legs should have been. Impossibly long nails stabbed forth accusingly as she tossed her head, yards-long streamers of white hair snapping like a whip.
“Be serious, sister,” Atropos said angrily. “Such a fate is never to be suggested!”

That the sparks that come from those threads tell Atropos of their fates should say as much. Also, this is the same book where she shears through a whole skein of threads and ends a nation to make a point. Her being uncaring with the threads is well within her nature.

Can you explain how the text, without any other external context, would equate crippling people with bio manipulation? It really just does look like blanket fate manipulation, which would be more categorically consistent than bio manip.
Definition of "cripple" as per Oxford:

[usually passive] to seriously damage or harm somebody/something

This... doesn't tell me this is Bio Manipulation
Unlike the Young King, they aren't making it so that his body gets damaged by outside means. Kratos is literally on their freakin' doorstep with nothing standing in between them when this happens. They wanted him gone ASAP and so they tried plucking his thread, and it didn't do anything.

That the sparks that come from those threads tell Atropos of their fates should say as much.
Good grief. Let's read it together.

q7isfAz.png

"[Lahkesis] made cutting motions with her short hooked shaft as if she sliced short some doomed humans life."
"Be serious sister, such a fate is never to be suggested."

Atropos was clearly responding to the cutting motions Lahkesis while the "Sisters of Fate huddled in deep discussion over their judgments."
It had nothing to do with her magic cape, which is not made of life threads.

Anyways, what's the vote tally? This thread has hit rock bottom, so I'd appreciate it if we could just apply the removals and move on already.
This is the current tally:

Agree: Deagonx, Damage3245, LordGriffin1000, Mr._Bambu, DarkGrath, CrimsonStarFallen, Sir_Ovens, Maverick_Zero_X,

Disagree: Planck69, Theglassman12, Emirp sumitpo, DarkDragonMedeus, Elizhaa, DemonGodMitchAubin, KingTempest,

Neutral: AbaddontheDisappointment,

Also, Grace Period is tomorrow in just over 12 hours. Better wait till then. Though I don't think a one-vote gap is enough to pass a thread.

The Sisters of Fate sunk a continent

I don't see how war had anything to do with it. I only have the scan tho so I'm gonna need to check the novel.
The scan you just quoted says this directly.

Atropos: "War. I have found a new path to destruction that is fitting for this character."
Clotho: looks and sniffs in contempt
Atropos: "What? You do not think well of my work this time, Clotho? I sunk an entire continent this way!"

This is the current tally:

Agree: Deagonx, Damage3245, LordGriffin1000, Mr._Bambu, DarkGrath, CrimsonStarFallen, Sir_Ovens, Maverick_Zero_X,

Disagree: Planck69, Theglassman12, Emirp sumitpo, DarkDragonMedeus, Elizhaa, DemonGodMitchAubin, KingTempest,

Neutral: AbaddontheDisappointment,

Also, Grace Period is tomorrow in just over 12 hours. Better wait till then. Though I don't think a one-vote gap is enough to pass a thread.
It is, for a minor removal like this. Especially when sixteen evaluating staff have given their opinion.

Good grief. Let's read it together.

q7isfAz.png

"[Lahkesis] made cutting motions with her short hooked shaft as if she sliced short some doomed humans life."
"Be serious sister, such a fate is never to be suggested."

Atropos was clearly responding to the cutting motions Lahkesis while the "Sisters of Fate huddled in deep discussion over their judgments."
It had nothing to do with her magic cape, which is not made of life threads.
How the hell are you getting that her cream colored cape is made of the same "multihued threads" she creates and bats into the air? Don't ask me to read something I've finished thrice, you somehow saw the word "thread" and thought it applied to her redesigning her clothing.

For goodness sake, the skein remains in the air creating those sparks, it is not her cape. This just feels like a grasp at straws regarding them being able to do each other's works. What are you even focusing on in the above paragraph?

Though I don't think a one-vote gap is enough to pass a thread.
It is, for a minor removal like this. Especially when sixteen evaluating staff have given their opinion.
There is no official policy on how large of a margin is necessary in the case of disagreements.

I am pointing this out to prevent the discussion from derailing into one about when a thread passes or not. This is not the place for such a discussion.

The scan you just quoted says this directly.

Atropos: "War. I have found a new path to destruction that is fitting for this character."
Atropos: "What? You do not think well of my work this time, Clotho? I sunk an entire continent this way!"
You quoted a bit weirdly tho,

Atropos: "Plucked the thread and sent ripples down it. What? You do not think well of my work this time, Clotho? I sunk an entire continent this way!"

It seems to me that it is talking about how she plucked a thread caused a continent sinking, not anything relating with War.

How the hell are you getting that her silk colored cape is made of the same "multihued threads" she bats into the air? Don't ask me to read something I've finished thrice, you somehow saw the word "thread" and thought it applied to her redesigning her clothing.
Because I read it, and that's what it says:

(Paraphrasing)
"Lahkesis created a skein of threads, and batted it into the air, where it spun about."
"[Lahkesis] spun about in mid-air, feet not touching the floor, her tapestry of a girdle (a piece of clothing) spiraling outward to match the radius of her wings."
"Trailing downward from her wings and shoulders, a multilayered cape of fine cream-colored silk."

So she creates a bundle of thread and tosses it spinning in the air. Then she starts spinning, and the text describes the girdle "spiraling outward" to match her wingspan, and a cape from her wings appears.

It's really really silly that during this sequence of her tossing a spinning bundle of thread, her spinning and gaining clothing that is also spinning, that you think the best interpretation is that somehow the handheld bundle of threads she creates is a bunch of threads of life, unattached to the loom. This miscomprehension about what the text is actually saying is how we end up with "she changed her mind about the young ruler and decided to manually remove his legs with her magic." This is rather ridiculous.

You quoted a bit weirdly tho,

Atropos: "Plucked the thread and sent ripples down it. What? You do not think well of my work this time, Clotho? I sunk an entire continent this way!"

It seems to me that it is talking about how she plucked a thread caused a continent sinking, not anything relating with War.
No, because after that Clotho says the sunken continent was Atlantis and that clearly happened well in the past.

RJjLVMf.png

In addition to the fact that, well, clearly even the portion you quoted is describing a different event than what she is currently doing, as she is responding to Clotho's disapproval by establishing her credibility by talking about a past achievement.

With the full quote, it's very obvious she is rebuking Clotho's disapproval of the fate she's designing for the young ruler by saying "I used war to sink Atlantis" and Clotho says it wasn't worth the effort.

No, because after that Clotho says the sunken continent was Atlantis and that clearly happened well in the past.

RJjLVMf.png

In addition to the fact that, well, clearly even the portion you quoted is describing a different event than what she is currently doing, as she is responding to Clotho's disapproval by establishing her credibility by talking about a past achievement.

With the full quote, it's very obvious she is rebuking Clotho's disapproval of the fate she's designing for the young ruler by saying "I used war to sink Atlantis" and Clotho says it wasn't worth the effort.
Atlantis wasn't sunk by War. It was sunk when Kratos freed Thera and she caused havoc.

RJjLVMf.png

...War didn't sink Atlantis.

Atlantis wasn't sunk by War. It was sunk when Kratos freed Thera and she caused havoc.
...War didn't sink Atlantis.
Agreed. seriously, for pete's sake, Kratos literally visited it and he freed Thera, destroying it in the process.
It was sunk by war in Greek myth. I am aware it happened differently in "Ghost of Sparta." Regardless, the author of this book clearly did not know that, resulting in him referencing the original myth. The meaning of the text doesn't change either way, even if this telling of it is superceded by something with greater canonicity like another game. In any case the "she plucked the string and randomly a continent sunk" interpretation is wrong, Atropos is saying she sunk Atlantis with war.

It was sunk by war in Greek myth. I am aware it happened differently in "Ghost of Sparta." Regardless, the author of this book clearly did not know that, resulting in him referencing the original myth. The meaning of the text doesn't change either way, even if this telling of it is superceded by something with greater canonicity like another game. In any case the "she plucked the string and randomly a continent sunk" interpretation is wrong, Atropos is saying she sunk Atlantis with war.
The GoW2 book was released after the PSP games and just a month before Ascension, Deagon, what? The book literally mentions the events of Chains of Olympus, how Morpheus put the Gods to sleep and how Kratos killed Persephone and chained Atlas to forever lift up the Greek World. Why would the author refer to anything else here especially considering SSM gave him all the materials to make the novel adaptation for?

This is just borderline silly.

The GoW2 book was released after the PSP games Deagon, what?
So, are you trying to make the point that despite the fact that the conversation between Atropos and Clotho here clearly indicates that Atropos is justifying her decision to use war -- in the face of Clotho's disapproval -- by referencing "sinking an entire continent this way" which is immediately responded to by Clotho saying "Atlantis was not worth the effort" and the fact that this is a 1:1 retelling of the original Greek myth of how Atlantis sunk because of a war, we should interpret this nonsensically because a different source contradicts it?

That's nonsensical. It doesn't need to be canon, but that is undoubtedly what the author wrote and meant. The comprehension needed to recognize that is shockingly low.

This novel came out after Ghost of Sparta. It references the side games, Chains of Olympus specifically, as well.

This is a nothing burger of an assumption.

Facepalm did you just literally shot himself in the foot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back