• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Greek Macrocosm CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator

Introduction

This revision is a change to the current cosmological model used for the Greek section of the God of War series. Without further ado, let's get into it.

The Greek World

To summarize, the Greek World is made up of several separate space-time dimensions of infinite size.

I. The Mortal World

This is the main universe in which the majority of the Greek Era story of God of War takes place. It is a flat disk with an infinite sky and heavens above it. It was created from Uranus' body as a result of being struck by Ceto. As such, the infinite heavens would no doubt refer to the cosmos sprung from the Primordial of the Skies and Heavens. Time began with the birth of Cronos, making it disjoint both spatially and temporally from the following dimensions.

II. The Underworld

The Underworld is an infinite [42][43][44] domain within which lies the final resting place of all souls after death. It is an alternate dimension, separated further from the Mortal World by the Domain of Death. It possesses an alternate flow of time, shown by how Kratos spent decades fighting in the Underworld when not even hours had passed in the Mortal World. One can only cross over if they possess the soul of a god and move through Hyperion Gates, which are magical portals, and even the Chain of Balance only connects to the Underworld via spatial tears. To further showcase this, It possesses an actual sky with stars and constellations. The Artbook of God of War II also states that the Underworld is completely separate from the rest of the Greek cosmos.

III. The Domain of Death

A dark netherworld that divides The Mortal World and the Underworld, ruled by the God of Death, Thanatos[38]. Existing completely outside the mortal world and predating it and its time entirely, it is a dimension that can only be entered through a portal, in which time does not pass as it does in the Mortal World.[46] It solidifies the separation of the Mortal World and the Underworld as a consequence of its existence. As the realm of a Primordial of a similar nature to Morpheus, Nyx, and Uranus, it should also be of a comparable size i.e. infinite.

IV. The Realm of Dreams

This is an alternate reality ruled and controlled by Morpheus that mirrors the normal universe but has a distorted flow of time, predating the latter entirely as well.[19] During the events of Chains of Olympus, Morpheus attempted to merge both of them together into one, confirming that they are separate universes with different time flows between them.

V. Eternal Night World

This is a mirror dimension to the Mortal World that's bathed in an eternal night[17][18]. It was created by Nyx and acts as her refuge when she is beaten back by Helios every night. Much like the others, it is a realm born of a Primordial as it mirrors the mortal world and can only be accessed via a portal.

The Greater Timelines

On top of all of this, there exist alternate timelines that manifest as a result of the Sisters of Fate changing the past to create new futures and thus retroactively change fate.

During the battle with the Sisters of Fate, Atropos sends him through one of the mirrors and goes back in time to their battle with Ares.[28] In doing so, she explains that one of the powers of the Fates is to rewrite the past and create a new future i.e. timeline. Developer confirmation exists that Kratos changed the timeline by going back in time, even including the timeline where Kratos failed to stop Atropos[34].

Our current treatment of these timelines as only specifically mirroring the mortal world quite frankly, doesn't make sense. The Sisters of Fate are repeatedly stated to command the fate of the entire world without exception. This extends even to other dimensions within the Greek World, such as the Underworld, being under the purview of the "whole world" and when changing the past would've included all of Kratos' actions up until that point, including the short jaunt to the Underworld and further back, the prevention of the merger of the realm of dreams and the mortal world. Obvious from the lack of paradoxes born from these changes to his life not leading to Kratos emerging from the Underworld to meet himself a second time during God of War I.

As such, the attempted change to the past would create timelines of the entire Greek World, showcased by how Atropos's re-entry into the fight with Lahkesis from back in time is described as being another "world" as well as time[33], including further confirmation from the Brady Guidebook of God of War II, which states these worlds behind these time mirrors to be alternate time dimensions[35].

Conclusion

The Greek World is a greater timeline that embeds 4-dimensional space-time continuums i.e. the realms created by the Primordials and indeed the Primordials themselves as objects within its overarching past present and future, in other words, a hyper-timeline. It is one of many other timelines created by the Sisters of Fate and Kratos as they changed the past of the Greek World to create new futures and each and every one would be Low Complex Multiverse level in size and scale. There are currently 6 confirmed alternate hyper-timelines of the Greek World.

Changes & Scaling

• The Sisters of Fate would have their range upgraded to Low Complex Multiverse level for being able to control the fate of the entire Greek World and indeed create other hyper-timelines as well.
  • The World Pillar would have its tier be Low Complex Multiverse level for sustaining and supporting the Greek World. Note that this is for only one hyper-timeline as each would have its own Pillar according to this revision.
  • The overall tiers of the characters remain exactly the same. This is something all of you should be aware of. This isn't a "6-D UPGRADE!" or anything of the sort. Just a cosmology update and range upgrade for 2 characters.

Agree: 16 (KLOL506, CloverDragon03, Marvel_Champion_07, KingTempest, Dereck03, Theglassman12, Elizhaa, Maverick_Zero_X, Tanin_iver (Agrees with the cosmology change, neutral to the Primordials range scaling, disagrees wjth the World Pillar scaling), LuffyRuffy46307, Vietthai96, FeeBasExE, Kenny Mccormick 0v0, RM97, GilverTheProtoAngelo, Georredannea15)

Disagree: 0

Neutral: 3 (LordGriffin1000 (Leaning to Agree), Eseseso, SYPHe5D (Leaning to Agree))

Last edited:
Last edited:
Neutral, since I don't know what makes this hyper timeline 5D.
Basically, the general logic is that there is a higher temporal dimension acting on the Greek World and its constituent dimensions, which themselves are infinite 4-dimensional space-times. In other words, the same logic as how time is infinitely dividable into its 3-dimensional aspects but applied to whole dimensions instead of just regular bodies and the like.

As such, the attempted change to the past would create timelines of the entire Greek World, showcased by how Atropos's re-entry into the fight with Lahkesis from back in time is described as being another "world" as well as time[33], including further confirmation from the Brady Guidebook of God of War II, which states these worlds behind these time mirrors to be alternate time dimensions[35].
Being someone unfamiliar with the franchise, I can't visualize the cosmology even with the in-depth explanation. Though the link isn't working for me, I have to ask: are these "time mirror worlds" being referenced lesser timelines? As established in previous threads (insert muh Dragon Ball), hypertimelines are only Low 1-C if the lesser timelines have their own time dimensions, since spatio-temporal separation doesn't necessarily introduce time axes, and a single time dimension can be used to construct a cosmology where a timeline encompasses a multiverse.

If the "alternate time dimensions" statement is indeed referring to lesser timelines, then this upgrade shouldn't have an issue in gaining a swift acceptance.

Being someone unfamiliar with the franchise, I can't visualize the cosmology even with the in-depth explanation. Though the link isn't working for me, I have to ask: are these "time mirror worlds" being referenced lesser timelines? As established in previous threads (insert muh Dragon Ball), hypertimelines are only Low 1-C if the lesser timelines have their own time dimensions, since spatio-temporal separation doesn't necessarily introduce time axes, and a single time dimension can be used to construct a cosmology where a timeline encompasses a multiverse.

If the "alternate time dimensions" statement is indeed referring to lesser timelines, then this upgrade shouldn't have an issue in gaining a swift acceptance.
....They do. That's... that's the entire reason for the first section. The "alternate time dimensions" refer to the fact that there are 6 hyper-timelines in total.

You will die:eek:

So I guess this would make GoW characters 2x Baseline Low 1-C, if that's even possible?
Not really. I guess it's a supporting feat but it doesn't change anything on the tiering end.

And yeah, it's theoretically possible but no one in the verse scales to all the hypertimelines at once anyway.
Also, I'm still neutral, but if this gets accepted (and looks like it already has enough staff votes), I won't care especially since it changes next to nothing.
We still need at least one admin evaluation. Regardless, it's a Tier 1 cosmology change.

So I guess this would make GoW characters 2x Baseline Low 1-C, if that's even possible?
Nope, this doesn't change anything, this only puts Greek Cosmology up to snuff with Norse Cosmology, and it upgrades the range of the Sisters of Fate and the World Pillar would get some tweaks in turn. They only scale to one hypertimeline at a time.

Also, I'm still neutral, but if this gets accepted (and looks like it already has enough staff votes), I won't care especially since it changes next to nothing.
You need at least 5 staff approval with a mix of both thread mods and admins agreeing for a CRT like this to pass through, since it's Tier 1.

Granted, it's a pretty minor change all things considered, but it's still a rule. So there you go.

Last edited:
I'm about to go to sleep. So, please keep derailing to a minimum. You can agree or if you disagree, post your reasons. I'll try to evaluate them tomorrow.

Anyway, forgive me but i'm confusing, if i'm not wrong, Greek Cosmology and Norse Cosmology are entirely different???
Yes, they are different pantheons, but that's not relevant here or to the scaling. This CRT is only meant to get Greek Cosmology on par with Norse Cosmology in terms of standing (And in turn the only upgrades received would be for the Sisters of Fate in terms of range and the Pillar of the World in terms of what it holds up), but in terms of raw AP and hax potency, they're straight up equal with or without this CRT, as was decreed in the previous Yggdrasil CRT.

Lol, i thought they do not have Low 1-C AP, because Planck only mention upgrade their range
They do have Low 1-C AP LOL, we upgraded GoW to Low 1-C all around in this CRT.

This CRT is just a cosmology status update for Greece, which in turn grants a range upgrade for the Sisters of Fate, and a minor AP and LS tweak for Atlas and the World Pillar. That's it. It's a minor CRT all things considered, and it doesn't affect the tiers or the scaling chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back