• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War CRT: Minor AP Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Basically, the Primordials, Titans and lesser Olympians of the Greek World will scale to 9 universes rather than their current 5.

The reasoning is that the World Pillar is currently accepted as stabilizing the Greek World with its strength alone and beings that can destroy it entirely would scale to the totality of the Greek cosmos. While we currently accept the mortal universe, Underworld, Domain of Death, Dream Realm and Nyx's Night Dimension as the total cosmology, there's one that wasn't taken into account; why, the alternate timelines of course!

During the battle with the Sisters of Fate, Atropos sends him through one of the mirrors and goes back in time to their battle with Ares. In doing so, she explains that one of the powers of the Fates is to rewrite the past and create a new future i.e. timeline. And merely travelling back in time does this, showcased by how Atropos re-entry into the fight with Lahkesis from back in time is described as being a another world as well as time. With developer confirmation as well that Kratos changed the timeline by going back in time, even including the timeline where Kratos failed to stop Atropos.

Now that we've established that time travel creates new timelines, this would increase the size of the Greek World to what exactly? Well, to count; The Underworld, Dream Realm, Nyx's dimension, the Domain of Death, the base mortal universe, the alternate timelines born from Kratos fight with the sisters (one where he stops the Blade's destruction and one where he dies), the alternate timeline born from his confrontation of Zeus a second time, and the one born when he goes back to retrieve the Titans.

Edit: As the last travel was to the Underworld, it wouldn’t result in a timeline. That said, there's at least one more timeline involved with Zeus' travel as per developer confirmation so it gets back to at least 9 timelines.

Agree: 12 (KLOL506, Golden Void, Eseseso, Georredannea15, Marvel_Champion_07, Fixxed, BEASTHEART880, AnimesFreak2, Lonkitt, RaveeCPN, Elizhaa, KingTempest, Maverick_Zero_X)

Disagree: 0

Neutral: 0

Last edited:
The logic seems sound, though really my only concern is that the alternate timeline tweet by Bruno was in response to a tweet about the now-retconned cardgame.

Still, in the case of GoW2, we actually do see the timeline in the game itself and this isn't inside some retconned material. And the novel scans also heavily imply this to be the case. Just makes time travel in GoW fuckier than it already is.

So count me in as agreeing.

Can't wait for the other tweets about "timelines" getting the spotlight and gunning straight for 2-B in the near future

Last edited:
I'm not sure about this.

None of the 5-universe people ever threatened to destroy the 4 alternate timelines.

And why are we including a "game over" as one of the alternate timelines?

I'm not sure about this.

None of the 5-universe people ever threatened to destroy the 4 alternate timelines.

And why are we including a "game over" as one of the alternate timelines?
The Pillar still supports them. Which they scale to regardless. None of the current 5 universe people directly affected the 5 universes anyway as well so I'm confused at how the first point is even relevant.

The "game over"... is confirmed as a timeline? Right above by one of the developers?

I would imagine the alternate timelines would have their own version of underworld since in gow 3 au kratos death soul didn't seemed there unless he escaped or some bs (might misremember Something)

But ig besides that the pillat being also able to hold timeline is fine

I would imagine the alternate timelines would have their own version of underworld since in gow 3 au kratos death soul didn't seemed there unless he escaped or some bs (might misremember Something)

But ig besides that the pillat being also able to hold timeline is fine
What? No. The timelines are specifically those of the mortal world. The Explanation page specifices as much.

2-B GoW, LFG

But I guess I agree with the OP then.

Funny how now they'll have the same cosmology as the Norse people and the top 4 Greek Gods.
TBF all the Pantheons should more or less share the same cosmology and same power level, as Mimir explicitly stated that the pantheons were as strong as any other, and the devs go out of their way to constantly establish Kratos to be as strong as he's ever been, with no overall change in his power level (Not counting Hope of course).

Yeah i agree

But i dont think there was just 2 timelines in greek, i think all events is alternate timeline that controlled by the sister of fate

Yeah i agree

But i dont think there was just 2 timelines in greek, i think all events is alternate timeline that controlled by the sister of fate
So far we only have 4 such cases involving actually going through the mirror- Kratos dying, Kratos winning (Since merely going back to the past triggers the spontaneous formation of an alternate timeline so regardless of whether Kratos won or lost, the alternate timeline was already ready and ripe for the taking), Kratos changing his death at the hands of Zeus, and Kratos bringing the Titans back to the Present.

Granted, Bruno gives indirect hints to more timelines via the "Zeus killed the Spartan Army in every timeline" statement, giving some leeway for wank, but at the same time we aren't just gonna give the verse 2-B on the basis of failed QTEs (quick-time events) though it would be hilarious if we did LMAO

So far we only have 4 such cases involving actually going through the mirror- Kratos dying, Kratos winning (Since merely going back to the past triggers the spontaneous formation of an alternate timeline), Kratos changing his death at the hands of Zeus, and Kratos bringing the Titans back to the Present.

Granted, Bruno gives indirect hints to more timelines via the "Zeus killed the Spartan Army in every timeline" statement, giving some leeway for wank, but at the same time we aren't just gonna give the verse 2-B on the basis of failed QTEs (quick-time events) though it would be hilarious if we did LMAO
Give GoW 2-B, coward.

So far we only have 4 such cases involving actually going through the mirror- Kratos dying, Kratos winning (Since merely going back to the past triggers the spontaneous formation of an alternate timeline so regardless of whether Kratos won or lost, the alternate timeline was already ready and ripe for the taking), Kratos changing his death at the hands of Zeus, and Kratos bringing the Titans back to the Present.

Yeah i know that, but i mean the mirror it self is already contain every events. I just think that every events that contained by the mirror is alternate timeline by it own. I mean it not being alternate timeline because of time travel but in first place they are alternate timeline

Yeah i know that, but i mean the mirror it self is already contain every events. I just think that every events that contained by the mirror is alternate timeline by it own. I mean it not being alternate timeline because of time travel but it is but in first place they are alternate timeline
The main important part is that you actually have to step into these timelines for that change to take effect.

The main important part is that you actually have to step into these timelines for that change to take effect.
Yeah for the timeline get realized to the our own world, i mean the timelines is already get realized and exist in the mirror or in the fate

I mean, if there is back up to it :devilish:

I will say that personally it makes more sense that all timelines already exist rather than the Fates randomly increasing the cosmology and tier of the gods every time they retroactively change fate.

That said, we don't have enough to go off of to give any higher tier concretely so here we are.

How many universes?
In total? 9. 5 already-established (Mortal World, Underworld, Domain of Death, Nyx's Realm of Eternal Night and Morpheus's Dream Realm) plus 4 alternate timelines (One where you beat the Sisters, one where Kratos dies, one where you shove aside Zeus to change your destiny, and one where you bring the Titans back in time).

Last edited:
If time travel encompasses all the Greek realms then is it possible to get 25 universes since those alternate timelines should have their own versions of the Greek realms?

If time travel encompasses all the Greek realms then is it possible to get 25 universes since those alternate timelines should have their own versions of the Greek realms?
No. Only the Mortal World has been shown to have alternate timelines. The other realms are exempt from this.

So what happens to the souls of those other timelines when they die?

They all go to the same underworld or...
The Sisters use only one Underworld for all their summoning and sending BS and there's only one World Pillar keeping it all up, that and the Underworld resists changes to itself. Time Travel truly is ******* weird in GoW.

The Sisters use only one Underworld for all their summoning and sending BS and there's only one World Pillar keeping it all up, that and the Underworld resists changes to itself. Time Travel truly is ******* weird in GoW.
acausality to underworld energy GG

It's truly weird to see only the Mortal World have so many alternate copies while all the other realms are singular

Acausality Type 2 for the other realms not called the Mortal World and 2-A number of Mortal Worlds because the Mortal World is infinite in size and infinite shit to do GGWP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back