• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This CRT is based on the lifting strength of the verse.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Captain_Torch/One_Piece_lifting_strength_feats

Thanks to the amazing work done by Captain Torch, we have two lifting feats, a Skypeia Luffy and a Garp feat.

Both are in the range of Class G, with Luffy being at baseline while Garp is at the high end of the class..

So, for the Skypeia Luffy's feat, anybody who >= Skypeia Luffy should be Class G (i.e Sanji, Zoro, Jabra, Kaku, Rob Lucci, Blueno, Oars, Nico Robin etc....)

Now for Garp's feat, anybody who scales to a casual Garp should scales to this, since Garp wasn't at the least serious when performing this feat and he done it one handed so high and top tier characters like the Admiral, Sengoku, Mihawk,Yonkou, Yonkou Commanders and etc.... should scaled

In regards for Class T One Piece - According to DontTalk, the results for Garp's feat should not be multiplied by 2 because "Oh and the result is actually not multiplied by 2, because he did it with one arm. Throwing involves a lot of muscels around the body including the ones in the legs in the upper body etc. And the same goes for lifting. Using a second arm as well should make it higher, but not twice as strong." Even if we double this current calculation, still won't reach Class T but that's beside the point.

The only certain Class T in One Piece is that of Fujitora lifting Dressrosa. CinCameron20 did a calculation on the lifting aspect of it here - https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:CinCameron20/Fujitora_Lifting_Dressrosa.

However, since the size of Dressrosa has changed since the 43km, the calculation need to be redone. About this feat, it performed by Fujitora via his Devil Fruit abilities which utilizes the power of gravity. I feel like no characters other than Fujitora should scaled to this Class T feat. Though I may be wrong in assuming such but this is how I currently feel.

I agree with this. DontTalk's explanation makes sense.

I think we should downgrade the Class T characters and give that to Fujitora only, while upgrading the rest of them who are currently Class M from Skypiea and the rest of the series.

Actually I think Class T might be able to stay, we'd just need to alter the justifications. From what I recall Luffy was able to fight Fujitora and attack him while under Fujitora's Gravity and Zoro was able to do the same, ergo I think it should stay. Fujitora's Gravity has been calculated as Class T so I don't see why his other gravity based attacks would be weaker.

I think the only people who should scale are Fujitora, the Yonko (ofc), Possibly Gear 4th Luffy, and the Admirals + Doflamingo + Commanders at "At least Class G, Possibly higher".

I only note those characters because they each have reasons for scaling to/above Fujitora (or scale secondary through someone else). If not, that's fine, they would all be Class G with the exception of the Yonko, unless we think it only possible for Fujitora to perform such level of lifting strength due to his DF.

Just because a character is more powerful than Fujitora doesn't mean they have to be able to lift more than he can with his gravity.

I think that Fuji's feat should stay with just him.

I agree with the rest of the proposals in the OP.

EDIT; also, correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't there a difference between Striking Strength and Lifting Strength? And didn't Luffy only move the Golden Bell by punching it with a charged up Rifle punch?

@Damage Honestly I'm unsure. If he would destroy it then it would be striking strength, however he pushed it, which is considered lifting strength to my knowledge.

Also, I need to mention that Garp's feat resulted that high because I accounted how casual it was in the calc, meaning that the result is Garp's maximum(for now at least). I also think nobody should scale to Class T other than Fuji, due to his DF

Should ask the calculation group to see whether Luffy's feat is applicable as a lifting feat. Otherwise, the Pre-Timeskip Straw Hats and those who scales to them will remain Class M.

As for Jozu's feat, well, it depends on whether the Yonkou Commanders scales to a casual Garp in that regards. If they do, they will be Class G. If not, then they be at the very high end of Class M instead.

Kobster, keep in mind that the calc for Garp's feat implies that he wasn't casual.

A "casual" feat for Garp would be lifting the iron ball, which is only 8.7 * 10^9 kg, a.k.a baseline Class G.

I know punching something to move it isn't classified as lifting strength, but it should attribute to something for lifting if Luffy has the capacity to move it with a punch. Punching something to move it takes a lot more effort than pushing it horizontally, honestly.

I also think that this seems to make sense.

> That said, it is a common feature within fiction to feature characters capable of vastly greater physical striking strength energy outputs than what would be required to lift weights that they are repeatedly shown to struggle with. As such, the two statistics should be evaluated separately.

This is what the page on Lifting Strength says on the matter.

And also I find it a bit odd that Luffy would take a lot of effort to lift up the golden ball on his arm if he were capable of lifting the entire Golden Bell.

From the "lifting strength" segment on this wiki:

"<...> As a result, striking energy, based on real-life ratios, is usually much lower than lifting energy.

That said, it is a common feature within fiction to feature characters capable of vastly greater physical striking strength energy outputs than what would be required to lift weights that they are repeatedly shown to struggle with. As such, the two statistics should be evaluated separately."

I believe that this cannot be counted as lifting strength.

EDIT: Ninja'd

So, the Class G Skypiea Luffy feat is invalid of being a striking strength feat I guess, so I want to know how the Yonkou Commanders will scales to;

• Scaling to Garp's high end Class G
  • Scaling to Jozu's own feat of high end Class M
Or

• Scaling to casual Garp feat, which according to Captain Torch, would be lifting up the iron ball, which is above baseline Class G

We tend to separate striking strength and lifting strength though.

Huh... That one should probably be classed as Striking Strength too, especially since it is highlighted that he stopped it with a punch.

I do still believe the lifting strength should be affected if a character's punch is moving the object. It wouldn't make sense for someone to have a lifting feat of, say 10^4kg accepted, but they are able to push or knock something weighing 10^11kg over with a single punch. Obviously, they don't have enough energy to lift that much weight to do that, but it shouldn't be insignificant in comparison.

Well, in real world terms i obviously agree. It is just that fiction recurrently features characters wih a universal scale of physical raw power struggling with relatively limited weights, or at least Dragon Ball does.

Yeah, that's why we tend to evaluate them separately.

We do have the feat of Luffy lifting the Golden Ball above his head, and the feat of him pushing two buildings apart.

@PlumCrayfish; awesome, glad to see that's already calced.

Back