• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Addition for Made in Heaven Enrico Pucci

correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't Pucci with Made in Heaven have "Flight" listed as one of his abilities? Seeing as how throughout the entire MiH battle he was zipping and zooming throughout the sky even at one point chasing the bullet through the sky that Jolyne and her gang were hanging on to

It's sort of Psuedo flight. Similar to how Jotaro doesn't have flight on his profile but in the dio fight he is pretty clearly flying. It's more likely Pucci using gravity manipulation or just the fact that he can move at massively FTL speeds. You could probably give him Psuedo Flght or Limited Flight or something.

But it is just flight, I might be wrong but he's not pushing himself off of anything he's straight up just flying towards the bullet. Also wdym Jotaro was flying? Are you talking about the Anime or Manga? And it could be gravity manipulation but it's not stated or anything so it's not concrete. I'm still fine with just giving him Pseudo/Limited Flight though if need be, although I'd like at least one more person to say what they think first

Honestly, most Stand users should have extremely limited flight, rather their stands should, and via that the user can technically fly or float. Most obvious case I can think of that isnt controversial is Chariot holding up Pol like a dozen feet off the ground or Stands holding onto their user despite the user not interacting or in contact with any physical surface.

That's more like levitation, but Pucci with MiH is actually literally zooming dozens of meters off the ground at high speeds, so maybe MiH grants him Pseudo Flight but idk if it would be MiH specifically

Yeah I meant in the Dio fight.

For all intents and purposes it is flight I guess. It also seems like his Psuedo flight is much more precise then any other events of characters seemingly using their stand to hold themselves.

The Dio fight is just Dio and Jotaro hitting stuff to go through the air, plus cinematic timing making them seem afloat for a millenia. Isn't nearly as obvious as in the manga, but you can notice key scenes that make it clear they are just smacking off stuff.

Others like the holding onto a stand that is floating are a whole thing by themselves.

And I imagine it is pseudo flight and just him covering a lot of ground since he's moving so much faster?

Eh, the Dio and Jotaro fight are a definitmix of both pseudo flight and bouncing off things, given you can't exactly do things like float in mid air, talk and the turn around without actually touching anything all outside of time stop. Honestly who the **** knows about that fight, it's very inconsistent in them bouncing and jumping to straight up flying and doing impossible turns and movements and floating the moving withot touching things.

As for Pucci being fast and zooming, it's weird, he does do that but at other times he's just floating in mid air talking and then moves from spot while still being in the air without making contact with the ground I think? I'll check.

Well, regardless, some Stands can definitely fly, Hierophant Gren is an obvious case, straight up flying 100 meters to the sun.

Most Stands float, some of their users gain Acrobatics through their maneuvering with their Stands' AP. I was going to make a craft for a Stand powers page in the future as it definitely qualifies for our verse-only powers; Stands floating would be common and acrobatics wouldn't even be there.

No, Pucci wasn't flying. He was just moving really quickly. He had to fling himself from a tree to get to them on the roof, and he ran on the ground to chase them.

Went and checked, Pucci doesnt fly (although MIH does), although, he does do huge jumps and leaps, which we can tell due to the speed trails that in said leaps he doesnt hit the ground till after a certain point.

An example.
X2 (1)
Jumping between buildings.

X301
Jumping off the building and landing in the water, at least a few dozen feet horizontal jump.

I already added him Acrobatics a long time ago but justifications would be neat.

For that, there's better examples, dude even does some backflips.
X6 (1)0

I don't really think so. None of them appear applicable to what Pucci was doing.

He couldn't levitate, he couldn't fly up to the roof, he had to swim and run after Jolyne and the group, etc.

"Psuedo Flight" "A form of flight simulated by successive teleportation, or J u m p s" That seems to be more or Lee what Pucci was doing while zipping through the air in the fight, does anyone else disagree with that?

Yeah, I disagree with it. He wasn't successively teleporting or jumping in the air.

The closest he got was flinging himself through the air off a palm tree like a catapult.

You posted it:

> "Psuedo Flight" "A form of flight simulated by successive teleportation, or J u m p s"

Oh nvm then, does anyone else mind adding those panels for his acrobatics? Especially since they're very good and let's him follow probably anyone who could fly

>jumping

Like double jumpin in video games? Like Alucard in sotn or Samus' space jump?

If so I think a few stand users may actually qualify, I'll have to double check (although Pucci isnt one of those stand users in question).

Well if it's jumping super high then there's a handful of characters, Jotaro, Dio, Rohan (yeah who wouldve thought?), etc can all jump tens of stories high. If we talking double jumping though, I will have to check to see if something like that happens, Jotaro may have a case of double jumping though. But of course, gotta check.

Well, he definitely qualiflies for it. Pol does too technically.

Most Stands should just be given flight, most can straight up fly and are only inhibited by the range that the stand can stay active in from its user. Which doesnt effect on if it can fly or not (although some can like HG, even despite the range inhibition due to how big it is for it)

Now if the user itself can utilize the Stand's abilities for flight? That's quite different, Okuyasu definitely qualifes, Vanilla should qualify when in Cream because Cream can float and move vertically and do giant complex movements in the air with no way to propel himself, Aerosmith would allow Narancia to fly kinda but he never actually uses it that way, GER grants flight but I think we already have that on the profile, Notorious BIG can fly, although we never see it happen on panel (we only know that it did), Weather Report allows for flight via air manipulation, C-Moon allows for flight via gravity manipulation (most obvious example would be when Pucci used it to fly onto the shuttle when SP launched him into a frame), technically not flight though but it's a limited form of it, Scary Monsters grants flight, well sometimes, depends on the type of dino that it transforms the host into but we know that pterodactyls are apart of it's selection, Soft&Wet can put and transport people in bubbles (did it with hato) so I mean maybe? That isnt really flight though but it is useful for getting to high places. Blue Hawaii in theory we know it can fly and move targets while flying.

Anyway Okuyasu, Vanilla, Giorno, Weather, Pol, qualify without a doubt and maybe Puuci, idk about the rest.

Back