• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Aang and Korra revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKM sama

Waifu Connoisseur
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Human Resources
1. Aang should get "Possibly Bloodbending" as an adult. Only a more powerful bloodbender can resist bloodbending done on them. This is evident from the fact that Katara, when she didn't know how to blood bend, was easily controlled by Hama. But as soon as figured it out, she resisted the bloodbending done on her and said "My bending is more powerful than yours Hama. Your technique is useless on me. " Not only does she cancel the bloodbending done on her, she later also cancelled the bloodbending done on Aang and Sokka.

Then she bloodbends Hama. This proves that only stronger bloodbenders can fully cancel the effect of weaker bloodbenders.

My point is, as soon as Aang goes into his Avatar State, he is able to completely cancel the effect of Yakone's bloodbending done on him . Which means Aang is able to bloodbend without the full moon in his Avatar State.

2. Korra's profile says "possibly metal manipulation", but she has already learned metal-bending here . She also uses metal-bending in her fight with Kuvira here .

Disagreeing completely with Aang getting bloodbending. Matter of fact, NO Avatar in history is able to bloodbend due to the fact that Hama created the technique long after Aang and the Avatars we're born so there's no reason why AS would grant him that. If anything, its much more logical to conclude that the raw power of the Avatar state just overpowered the bloodbending? Saying only a bloodbender could overpower another when they can just use greater raw strength is NLFish. Especially when talking about the Avatar State.

However yes Korra needs metal manip. Thats pretty explicit and shown.

I am not talking about history. Also not saying Avatar state grants bloodbending. Aang learning blood bending later in the series makes more sense. And that he can bloodbend without the full moon in his avatar state, just like Yakone can do it without the full moon.

Also, when has Avatar state ever increased physical raw power? It only augments bending.

Yeah no. There is absolutely 0 evidence to prove he learned it. In fact there's more that goes against it completely and I'll explain y in a bit when I have a better chance.

Also, not just physical power, AP and its common sense that the AS is a boost that makes you more powerful. Greater strength/power can easily no-sell bloodbending, even Mako and Korra have overpowered it also. Its NLF to say only bloodbending can get rid of it (also what even suggests you need bloodbending matter of fact?).

Now that I have the chance, i'll explain why its impossible for any Avatar to have bloodbending in there posession.

1.) As I already stated above. Aang can't suddenly obtain bloodbending through the AS as he would need his past lives to know the technique for him to subsiquently use it when activating the mode. And his past lives don't have it because Bloodbending was a self-created technique that Hama created herself.

2.) It's outlawed. One of the biggest reasons and this is confirmed during Korra's flashbacks. At some point after TLA, Katara made Bloodbending illegial and outlawed it as a forbidden form of bending for anyone to use, hence why Yakone was put on trial in Republic City. Of all the people to not use it, the Avatar should easily, clearly and definitely be one of them. Especially an Avatar married to the one who banned it in the first place.

3.) If Aang was able to bloodbend, why not use it on Yakone himself? Unlike other forms of bending, bloodbending is explicity an offensive form of bending. By offensive, Im refering to the user bending the water in the opponents body to control them. It can't be used defensively on one's self and its very speculative to assume Aang can randomly use it, if having it at all, to bloodbend himself out of Yakone's grip instead of just using the AS as a power boost to overcome it.

4.) Now that it was mentioned, what evidence is there to go against Aang simply overpowering it instead of needing bloodbending? Other than the AS being a clear power boost, bloodbending has been shown to be overcome with greater power than the opponent. This is shown by Mako when he electrocuted Amon, Korra when she airbent Amon, and Katara when she beat Hama. For those claiming Katara did it through her own bloodbending, Katara didn't unlock the technique herself until the last possible second. Even then, what must be remembered is that bloodbending requires the explicit raw power boost from the full moon to be done (except by Yakone, Amon and Tarlok, who did years worth of training to achieve the ability). Katara even says this herself. She drawn power from the moon to make her bending superior, proving more that raw power can overcome bloodbending. If anything, just the moons power by itself did it, which then subsiquently boosted her bending.

5.) Kinda addressed by 4, but a bit different. Katara clearly used the moons power to boost her waterbending, so just because Katara used waterbending to overcome Hama's doesnt mean it was needed, and for reasons already stated it'd be very big NLF to say you need bloodbending to overcome the technique.

6.) Even if Aang is able to learn bloodbending without a full moon, there is absolutely 0 evidence of him training to unleash the ability. As already stated, Yakone and his family needed to do years upon years of practice to master bloodbending without a full moon (it also seemed to be more of a family trait than anything else too but I can be wrong). Even with the potential, granted it is never shown or confirmed that Aang took said time to learn the ability. And who would teach him even? The only one would be Katara and its incredibly doubtful she would teach him bending thats against the law to have. Bending she herself 100% hates.

Your second point makes sense. If the idea of a blood bender resisting blood bending is faulty, then Aang and Katara should simply get resistance to blood bending because they both no selled it completely in some way or another.

Honestly you should probably just ask a staff member to add Metal manipulating. It's very clear Korra has it but it was probably forgotten to put it on for her.

I asked Dark.

What about resistance to blood bending for Avatar state Aang and Katara?

You countered Aang getting bloodbending. But the fact that Aang and Katara resisted it still stands.

It was never stated they used raw power to resist it, Katara is a lot weaker physically than Sokka and the others yet she resisted it.

Only Katara and Avatar Aang were shown to resist it, doesn't matter how, it counts as a resistance.

What I meant by "raw power" is power, not pure physical strength and even then, if anything, Katatar definitely has better power than Sokka when taking it from the full moon, which makes her much stronger with her bending and she used that to overcome Hamas. And it IS directly stated, Katara herself admits it.

Raw power ovceroming an ability isn't resistance just like we don't accept the "power>hax" argument for any other verse.

Moon only enhances bending. Not physical strength. And that's what Katara said.

Raw power does mean physical strength so I don't know what you are talking about. Are you talking about physical strength or bending? Your comment makes it look like you are talking about bending which was my initial point. lol

So either they both know blood bending, because powerful blood benders can resist blood bending done on them, or they both developed resistance to blood bending.

And that said bending was what she used to overcome Hamas. A character using an ability, to overcome the ability of another character, isn't resistance. It'd be resistance more so if Katara just walked through it normally, which she didnt.

Well energy? But more or less bending I guess. Still even physical strength can overcome it as Korra and Mako did the same thing to counter amons. So whether it's energy, bending, or physical strength, doesn't matter much.

Yes they CAN, but that doesnt mean its explicity needed. That would be NLF.

For one, Korra and Mako never fully resisted blood bending. Korra was only able to move her leg and Mako only his fingers.

For another, you just went back to my original point. So then Katara used her superior blood bending to overcome Hamas. That means Avatar state lets Aang do the same.

Forgot about this

That still means their physical raw strength allowed them to move through it, barely or not. At best, these 2 could get resistance unless more strength in general can beat Bloodbending, which could also be the weakness of the bending itself if anything.

Again, no it doesn't. And don't put words in my mouth. Katara didn't use bloodbending, evident by her not unlocking it til the last possible second. She used waterbending. And as I already proven AS doesn't and can't ever grant bloodbending if no Avatar before had it.

Blood bending ignores durability, there is no prove that you can resist it by physical raw strength.

Therefir said:
Blood bending ignores durability, there is no prove that you can resist it by physical raw strength.
To an extent of bending the water inside, to control a person's body movements. And your literally forgetting Korra and Mako physically going against it.

Yeah I dropped my point about Aang learning bloodbending.

Anyway, Katara's physical raw strength is not greater than everyone in that village or Sokka's, at least not by leaps and bounds. Still, only 2 characters have shown to resist it so they can get resistance to blood bending, Katara normally and Aang in his Avatar State.

Korra and Mako only barely moved parts of their bodies, which means the blood bender didn't put much effort in bending the blood of those parts.

While Katara and Aang totally lolnoped it despite the blood bender putting utmost effort into it. That classifies as resistance.

At least Therefir and I think it classifies as resistance. Kukui's stance seem confusing to me. What do you think @Dark?

Completely forgot about this.

>Barely moved

That's still moving. If resistance at all applies here, they'd get minor resistance for barely overcoming it.

>lolnoping it

Because they used an ability and a power boost. Katara used waterbending to overcome Hama's, powered up waterbending too. That isn't lolnoping it. That would be like giving every waterbender resistance to fire because they use water bending to heal their bodies. And Aang clearly used a strong power boost, the AS, to blatently overpower Yakones because of the sheer difference between a regular bender and the Avatar. That wouldnt be resistance either.

What are the conclusions here? I thought that Dark649 already made the requested addition.

Bloodbending is a specialized ability and has to be learned, being an Avatar makes you able to use basic elements (water, fire, earth, air) but not the higher, more complex applications by default. Or at least we haven't seen it yet

Okay, but didn't Aang demonstrate bloodbending?

ProspectX said:
The avatar state doesnt automatically give you the ability to manipulate variations of the 5 elements?
Not that I remember of. I don't remember Aang doing lightning bending, metal bending or bloodbending in The Last Airbender. Not that they're incapable, it appears to be a learned ability.

He removed the powers of another bender in a Legend of Korra flashback. I think that was a bloodbending trick.

The avatar state implies that one masters the five elements automatically without having to train the ability through time, Energy bending implies that one can manipulate how another person manipulates a form of energy.

So being a master of energy bending should give him automatically this, since blood manipulation is just a way to manipulate "the fluid" in a body. With being a master of water manipulation.

Well, if Aang has demonstrated the ability to bloodbend anywhere then it's fine. But we shouldn't give new abilities for no reason, especially the advanced applications. Metal bending was invented by Toph, nobody else knew about it before her. So obviously not all Avatars know every ability, otherwise metal bending would be discovered by a previous Avatar

Amon uses blood bending to take away someone's bending though the exact procedure is not known and is very vague.

My original point was however that only a more powerful blood bender can negate the bloodbending done on him. Like Katara did against Hama.

So when Aang negated the effects of blood bending by Yakone, in his avatar state, that would mean either Aang learned bloodbending and can bloodbend in Avatar state without the full moon or he has resistance to blood bending in that state.

Well, that's a reason since it means he resists it by bloodbending himself. Or that the avatar state resists that with energy bending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back