• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Aang and Korra revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that we shouldn't add abilities based on speculation.

Should we close this thread?

What about resistance to blood bending then? Both Katara and Avatar State Aang were completely able to negate the effect of bloodbending irrespective of how they did it. There is no speculation here. It's blatant.

It should be mentioned in their respective profiles in some way or the other.

I suppose that should be fine.

It's impossible for the Avatar State to grant new abilities like Bloodbending and I explained that above. Aang can't get new bending if his past lives don't know the technique, which they don't. Bloodbending is a self-created bending technique and has nothing to do with the Avatar. Also, for the confusion of energy bending and Amons bloodbending skill, they're nothing alike. IIRC, Amons power of taking away bending is combining chi-blocking with his bloodbending to permanently block an opponents chi-points, technically removing their bending in the process.

And yes there is speculation. Like I said, Katara clearly used waterbending, more powerful bending boosted by the full moon, to overcome Hamas. You can't gain resistances based off using another ability when she didn't normally overcome it. Again, it would be like saying all water-benders are resistant to firebending because they can use Waterbending to heal their bodies but they can still be naturally harmed and burned by them. And bloodbending can still be overcome by greater strength anyway. Korra and Mako (who'd get minor resistance) still overcame Amons with sheer force.

Okay. So does anybody want to add resistance to bloodbending to the relevant profiles, so we can close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back