• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mind Flayer CRT: New and Bigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Summary

Hallo. A while back I wrote up a massive rewrite for the Mind Flayer/Illithid page from Dungeons and Dragons, found here. The rewrite basically just entails adding all the Illithid variants to the page, rather than just the base and a default arcanist. The new write-up can be found here.

Changes
A brief list of simplified changes are below.

• Added tabber of images for various creatures classified as "Mind Flayers".
  • Added seven new keys for various subspecies and ranks of Mind Flayers- Alhoon, Ulitharid, Ceremorphs, Brainstealer Dragons, Elder Brains, and Peak Technology.
  • Expanded the gallery.
  • Expanded the summary.

While agree with the profile rework, links for their speed, the High 4-C rating, and the multi-stellar stuff need to added in.

fixed linking stuff

Works for me. Can add them quickly as well.

Works for me, but we probably need someone else since if it's just us two it would sorta look like an echo chamber.

could be. could summon some D&D folks.

I agree with everything except their Technology should have Likely High Hyperversal, possibly Outerversal range, due to their other origin being that they are from the Far Realm, and likely either used their Technology to get to the main Reality or they have such range with their Magic.

And they should have a key for Ilsensine, as he would technically count as apart of their society as he'd have previously belonged to it and is worshipped virtually only by Illithid

I considered Ilsensine for the page but I think I'd rather give them their own page. I can look into them for the Mind Flayer page and add them later if you want.

Iffy on Outerversal stuff. Not sure they even were "Mind Flayers" when in the Far Realm.

Far Realm is a bit weird. They have two origins, either time travellers from the future or Far Realm. Here's my view, you take Father Llymic and put him in the Far Realm and he doesn't change (besides taking on his original form). But Mind Flayers can be corrupted and tainted by the Far Realm, as can their Elder Brains.

So even if they did come from the place, they are now so far removed from it that they interact with the plane no differently than anyone else and go insane, which indicates to me that they never had or no longer possess a 1-A form. Unlike FR EEs like Father or Not!Azathoth.

For Iisensine I suggest a seperate profile. While he is heavily involved with the Mind Flayers he is considered a seperate entity (unlike Primus and the Modrons) and they have goals independent of the brain god. Plus accorsing to 3e there are some evil psions who worship it, so its not only Mind Flayers (but its mostly Mond Flayers).

However the point with range is something I never considered. Would moving to the Far Realm just be dimensional travel?

I... dunno. It sort of is another dimension but it's just "higher", sort of, than the actual multiverse.

We know they can breach other multiverses with tech-magic. So maybe have a note that they're teleportation is capable of going to a 1-A realm?

I mean, we could add it to the page, but he definitely should have his own profile too.

And they wouldn't be Outerversal, just having the range to go from the FR to the regular multiverse.

I'm not sure if it was ever stated they were different beings before and after they came.

I can accept Outerversal range then under the context of being able to get to a 1-A realm and move about in it. I'll add it to the page.

I'm not sure if it was ever stated they were different beings before and after they came.

Its not. I was just making a comparison between them and other FR beings. They're not pure FR things like Father or the various other FR monters. They're just descendant from the same place.

But the fact that they aren't immune to the corruption of the Far Realm gives me the impression that they have no 1-A form.

The rest I agree with.

Yeah, no one is saying they're 1-A, they'd just have the range based on they can leave and go there.

Yeah I'm fine with that.

So with that settled everyone fine with the profile?

Yep. Just added the Outerversal range for travel.

I'll add it in a bit.

Alright, page has been updated. Good stuff fellas. Gonna close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back