• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mimihagi, Kototsu, and Pernida Abstract Existence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mimihagi and Pernida

Cleaner

Thats about it I think, i'm not sure about it so i'm not expecting anything. But assuming it's considered legit I think it should be type 3.

Type 3: Embodies an abstraction, but the destruction of the former isn't needed in order to destroy or affect them. These characters do not rely on the abstraction to survive, but thanks to their affinity with it, they are able to manipulate it.

Edit - This will also scale to Yhwach's Mimihagi key via absorbing him entirely.

So um

Those scans dont prove that pernida or mimihagi can actually manipulate evolution or stagnation

I was initially against this from the title as I thought it would mean they are the abstraction and you would need to destroy the abstraction to destroy them.

Type 3's definition seems fine since it says this it not the cases as they can still die without destroying the abstraction itself.

I guess this seems like type 3 abstracts. Never recalled them being stated to thrive on stagnation or evolution to survive.

I mean the Kototsu is made of layers of time, manipulates time, and governs it.

Mimihagi and Pernida used to be 1 entity that shaped the world from the chaotic mess it was in. Via the novel the hands have full control over progression and regression as far as I can tell.

Type 3 apparently just means that the fiction in question doesn't handle embodying a concept in a more "realistic" manner. Hence a superhero can somehow affect them by punching them in the face or somesuch.

It doesn't seem like abstract concepts at all then, just physical beings with influence over those concepts.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
I was initially against this from the title as I thought it would mean they are the abstraction and you would need to destroy the abstraction to destroy them.

Type 3's definition seems fine since it says this it not the cases as they can still die without destroying the abstraction itself.
They should still have to be the abstraction itself for type 3 though. It is simply handled in an illogical manner within the story.

AppleLord said:
Didn't the Soul King created the concept of life and death in the first place by light novel lore?
And with its destruction, that concept would also end.

AppleLord said:
Didn't the Soul King created the concept of life and death in the first place by light novel lore?
I think the concept just came naturally as a result of the creation of the worlds, i don't think the soul king literally created life and death as concepts, more or so the worlds being created allowed there to be life and death.

TataHakai said:
AppleLord said:
I think the concept just came naturally as a result of the creation of the worlds, i don't think the soul king literally created life and death as concepts, more or so the worlds being created allowed there to be life and death.
But it's written that neither life and death existed. Rei-o (Soul King) created the worlds by splitting the old existence but the result of that action placed the 2 worlds (The World of the Living and The Afterlife) in different dimensions each one with their own space, sun, moon, stars and galaxies. And the World of the Living and The Afterlife were made from different types of matter. World of the Living is made of Kishi while The Afterlife is made of Reishi.

Rei-o did all of this with The Almighty by the 5 noble houses request before willingly getting sealed and butcher.

We should wait until the novel revision thread happens since this topic will touch the lore from the light novels.

Kototsu being made out of layers of time =/= Abstract Existence, some weird Non-Corporeal at best

Mimihagi and Pernida definitely fall under Abstract Existence.

"Embodying a concept is not enough to obtain this ability, an abstract needs feats or reliable statements proving that the concept they represent grants them Immortality/Regenerationn or control over the abstraction"

Both hands of the Rei-o are immortal, Eons of years old in science an eon is about a billion years, so 2 billion years because is plural, both have shown the ability to regenerate in different forms, and each one controls an concept; stagnation/stillness and progress/evolution.

Immortality and control over a concept are obviously not propf of actually being the concept on its own, and we do not use the Superpower wiki as evidence.

We should preferably close this thread.

Hold isn't that literally the point of type 3 Ant? From my knowledge Axel and I-No have Type 3 Abstract Existence for this same reason. Unless we plan on getting rid of type 3 as a whole I think this should be fine.

No, it isn't. A character still has to actially embody a concept itself to get abstract existence. That is the entire point of the ability.

Also, several wrongs do not make a right.

Going by the profiles and such it does seem accurate, especially under the powers and abilities section for Mimihage at least.

Mimihagi governs' stagnation, the stopping of development, growth, progress, and change; as it :represents stillness, it can prevent whatever that tries to change or develop from happening. Mimihagi can accomplish this via symbosis with whatever being it is attached to.

I'm not gonna try to push this obviously as I'm not invested or too knowledgeable about Bleach ( I plan on reading the Manga during the summer. ) but rather out of my own curiosity on how Abstract Existence works and such so my apologies if I come off as stubborn or anything.

Well, as far as I understand, Abstract Existence means that a character is the embodiment of a fundamental concept. The different types are there to separate the versions of how different fiction handles this.

However, you should probably ask Assaltwaffle to comment here about it. I think that he was involved in writing the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back