• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mimihagi Profile Revision

Mimihagi itself is stillness itself, just look at Ukitake and the situation with the dead Reio, he doesn't control stillness, he is stillness itself. So much so that when he takes possession of another being and because he is stillness, in possession of him, everything stagnates. Just like he did with Ukitake and Reio. I agree with everything but I am neutral on the question of acausality.

Last edited:
Cause it says Mimihagi controls/governs stillness. Not that Mimihagi embodies it. As far as the provided scans have stated, and being that not only does the death of Mimihagi and Perinada not in some form or shape stop either of those ideas from existing or no longer happening within the story, I don't see us having good support for that idea.

I won't disagree with each part of the soul king control some idea, since they all do to some extinct. I just don't agree with saying each part embodies that idea.

People touch Mimihagi and the story doesn't really paint him as incorporeal throughout. That and he's called Reishi, which isn't incorporeal in Bleach.
Because yhwach absorbed mimihagi, and gave pernida a schrift, which would automatically give any power he has to him.

When the soul king got killed, mimihagi was the being that stabilized the verse. and Yhwach absorbed both the soul king and mimihagi.

Because yhwach absorbed mimihagi, and gave pernida a schrift, which would automatically give any power he has to him.
Manga explicitly states that the Compulsory isn't a schrift granted by Yhwach, chapter 656 pg 3-4. He and Gerard were assigned their Schrift based on their powers which makes sense since both come from Reio. They had their powers before Yhwach got to them and were never granted any by him in the first place.
When the soul king got killed, mimihagi was the being that stabilized the verse. and Yhwach absorbed both the soul king and mimihagi.
True, but that doesn't mean that mimihagi is abstract in his existence. That just means he had enough power/ability to stabilize the Soul King and prevent the worlds from ending.

There is a misinterpretation, Mimihagi did not stabilize the dimensions, but stagnated the situation of the soul king over the dimensions.

The fact that he could stabilize the entire verse, while embodying the concept of stillness should say enough tbh
Where does Bleach ever say that Mimihagi embodies the concept of stillness? If you can get that statement for me, I'll happily take back my words.

The fact that he created the verse, and obviously those said concept should say enough.
Not to mention that each bodypart we have seen is specifically stated to govern something.
It doesn't need to "literally be stated to embody it".

Yhwach did grant them schrifts, as a recognition for their position as sternritters.
it was just stated that "yhwach didn't bestow them any special powers" as those has already been there.

This is gonna be a long one, so buckle up.
I'm not about to get into the semantics of what is and isn't an argument with you, cause it's going to go nowhere.

What I will say is this: I don't see the implications you're leaping at as good enough evidence to go with what you're proposing in this thread.
I’m going to call out people disagreeing with my thread who aren’t explaining why they disagree with it outside of conjecture like calling my hard work “word salads” without explaining why it’s a word salad or saying i’m not defining the abilities properly without explanation why i’m not defining them properly, these objectively aren’t arguments against my claims. They're just personal attacks.

I’m not “leaping” at these implications, don’t be disingenuous like this. These “implications” have support behind them, acting like they don’t, but are rather “jumps in logic” is patently incorrect, don’t do that Duedate.

Yhwach directly calls out Mimihagi as an arm of reishi, which we know to be spiritual matter. And while I know we accept spiritual matter to be composed of information, we don't accept Reishi to be abstract or conceptual in nature and the description we're giving for mimhagi doesn't point towards his reishi being particulaly unique except that its black maybe, but there are other things which are black and made of reishi so nothing there
Why would the idea that we accept Reishi in general to be abstract or conceptual in nature matter at all to the individual composition of The Mimihagi? That isn’t a counter towards the Mimihagi being conceptual just because beings which don’t embody concepts or aren’t incorporeal, aren’t considered conceptual or abstract. That’s fallacious reasoning, it doesn’t matter what we considered Reishi as in regards to other entities. What matters is what it’s considered in relation towards The Mimihagi, and as I explained within the descriptions provided, it relates to The Mimihagi being an incorporeal mass.

Also the fact Yhwach nor Mimihagi commented on the “uniqueness” of the Mimihagi’s composition isn’t evidence for it not being unique, you’re appealing to ignorance by saying since X isn’t brought up as something special or “unique”, so X it isn’t special or unique. If supplemental evidence is provided which proves that the composition/existence of the Mimihagi is unique, then it’s unique, simple as. Bringing up a statement which doesn’t imply the contrary isn’t evidence for your claim Duedate.

And I know that scan of what is Reio without his arms divines him as something weird, but one, no one really seems to know what Reio is in the first place and the clues provided by the scan itself are nowhere near as conclusive enough to actually give a clear enough answer for us to put it on profiles
People do understand aspects about Reio’s existence, people understand that The Mimihagi embodies and governs the concept of “stillness” while Pernida embodies and governs the concept of “progression”, people know that Reio’s a paradoxical existence because of this. The fact we’re acting like characters like Tokinada (who as the head of Tsunayashiro clan, has historical records of everything which has happened within the Soul Society (Chapter 6), including the “original sin” which is the Soul King’s mutilation (Chapter 6) and Ichibei (who existed at the same time Reio existed (Chapter 22) aren’t knowledgeable about Reio’s existence is absurd, you’d require a higher preponderance of evidence to assume these characters aren’t knowledgeable, or are lying about Reio’s existence. Arguing that the scans provided are “nowhere near as conclusive enough to actually give a clear enough answer” is not only more assumptive, as you’re assuming these character’s aren’t knowledgeable about such things, or are misunderstanding something, despite evidence to the contrary, you’re also making claims without evidencing them.

Two, plenty of characters interact with either Reio, Yhwach, Perinada, Gerard and Mimhagi combined that type 1 or 2 Abstract Existence by the showings of the manga isn't supported for anyone. No one is ever stated to have directly interact with concepts to touch any of them, none of them are ever stated to embody concepts, there is just nothing that the manga gives to support the arguments you're attempting. And the scans you've provided from CFYOW don't do so either
First - The number of people who’ve interacted with Abstract Entities doesn’t negate the evidence behind them being abstract or not, it could just mean those characters can interact with Abstract Entities. There’s nothing inherently against this interpretation, and I'd honestly find more evidence for this claim being true compared to the opposite tbh.

Second - Most of the stated examples aren’t even abstract entities, Reio while in his weakened state isn’t an Abstract Entity as he isn’t incorporeal nor embodies a concept. While the people who interacted with his prime form don’t have evidence against them having that level of interaction, Yhwach only arguably becomes Abstract after transforming his physiology into that similar to The Mimihagi, and only Ichigo, Aizen and Uryu with Still Silver interacted with him, all three which don’t have evidence against them having that level of interaction. Neither Pernida or Gerard are Type 1 Abstracts, they’re at best Type 2 Abstracts because they gain a level of regeneration from their embodiments. So that doesn’t prove anything. Literally everything you’ve stated disproves nothing because you didn’t prove why they wouldn’t have that level of interaction, you just claimed it isn’t supported and left it at that. Substitute your claims with actual evidence Duedate, stop making unsubstantiated claims.

Third - Lack of statements isn’t evidence of lacking, stop making fallacious arguments Duedate, every single time i debate against you always somehow make the same, ignorance filled arguments over and over again. It’s actually surprising how many times you do this.

Fourth - They don’t need to be directly stated, if they’re heavily implied so. Until you attack those implications your assumptions aren’t superior against my assumptions.

Fifth - The CFYOW scans provided do so, you haven’t actually proven them not to. You've only provided counter interpretations, and that's it.

To then go back into my issue with your word usage with the scans themselves, the big problem is that all those words are just your personal conclusion on what's going on, not stuff the text is explicitly stating or even roundaboutly stating. They're just what you believe is the implications being made, and the scans themselves don't give strong enough support that I'd agree with the conclusions your making, so your scans read as mostly nonsense and confusing to me.
Duedate you do understand you’re doing the exact samething correct? You’re making personal conclusions about statements that are explicitly stated in the text, such as asserting we don’t have conclusive enough evidence for Soul King’s existence despite the text literally explaining Soul King’s existence. Stop this bullshit cherry picking you do, either abide by your own logic or stop asserting this opinion as truth.

Yes, that’s what we call personal opinions Duedate, i’m saying this scan implies such, and i evidence why i believe it’s that implication. That’s what we call logic deduction. It’s perfectly usable within logical discourse.

If it’s confusing to you then sorry, but the explanations I’ve provided in the abilities themselves explains my claims extremely well, if you cross reference the claims i’m making with the abilities themselves, then re-read the scans provided that should hopefully clear up some of the confusion you’re having. As I believe most of the confusion comes from the lack of understanding these higher-tier abilities, which is fine. I’m not faulting you for misunderstanding something this abstract, it’s just annoying that when I'm explaining these abilities, and why the scans provide credence for those abilities, it just seems like my words go in one ear, and out the other. It really sucks.

If you’re facing some confusion, then i implore you to please explanation which aspect of what ability/claim is confusing you, and i’ll explain in-depth why x scan provides credence for that claim, if you’re confused on the entire text itself, and how the scans provided link together to provide evidence for x ability, then i’ll explain each scan in-depth, and explain why these scans, when connect together prove x ability.

The only argument that has been used is "there is no literal statement of them embodying it" while there are statements of them governing those said aspects of reality / controlling them. And that combined with the proof of Yhwach not being able to see mimihagi's future, and Mimihagi stagnating the destruction of their verse. Each body part governing a certain aspect of reality etc. AND the fact that the soul king is the being who created that said verse.
You also have the soul king being unaffected by causality.

And the fact that anything that Mimihagi possesses/ fuses / interacts / touches automatically stagnates obviously hints towards him embodying that said concept. Just like he stagnated the destruction of the verse and stagnated Ukitake's death. the soul king being in a state between "stillness" and "motion" after losing his hands supports this even more.

Last edited:
Mimihagi and Perinada not in some form or shape stop either of those ideas from existing or no longer happening within the story, I don't see us having good support for that idea.
ummm.. they dont stop existing, they were absorbed by Yhwach and he gained their powers, just like how he becomes the soul king by absorbing him

This is gonna be a long one, so buckle up.

I’m going to call out people disagreeing with my thread who aren’t explaining why they disagree with it outside of conjecture like calling my hard work “word salads” without explaining why it’s a word salad or saying i’m not defining the abilities properly without explanation why i’m not defining them properly, these objectively aren’t arguments against my claims. They're just personal attacks.

I’m not “leaping” at these implications, don’t be disingenuous like this. These “implications” have support behind them, acting like they don’t, but are rather “jumps in logic” is patently incorrect, don’t do that Duedate.
You can choose to take it as a personal attack, but I do not mean it as one in the slightest. Whenever I argue against you, you tend to take things personally and I see that, but I've been long since tired of trying to convince you otherwise so take it however you like. And I'm not saying your implications don't have support, what I'm saying is that they don't have strong enough support for me to sign off on them.
Why would the idea that we accept Reishi in general to be abstract or conceptual in nature matter at all to the individual composition of The Mimihagi? That isn’t a counter towards the Mimihagi being conceptual just because beings which don’t embody concepts or aren’t incorporeal, aren’t considered conceptual or abstract. That’s fallacious reasoning, it doesn’t matter what we considered Reishi as in regards to other entities. What matters is what it’s considered in relation towards The Mimihagi, and as I explained within the descriptions provided, it relates to The Mimihagi being an incorporeal mass.

Also the fact Yhwach nor Mimihagi commented on the “uniqueness” of the Mimihagi’s composition isn’t evidence for it not being unique, you’re appealing to ignorance by saying since X isn’t brought up as something special or “unique”, so X it isn’t special or unique. If supplemental evidence is provided which proves that the composition/existence of the Mimihagi is unique, then it’s unique, simple as. Bringing up a statement which doesn’t imply the contrary isn’t evidence for your claim Duedate.
It's a counter towards Mimihagi being an abstract being because the only description towards Mimihagi's description we're ever given is that he's a "right hand made of reishi". And being that Reishi is defined a spiritual matter, which is treated to be the spiritual counterpart to normal matter, I'm more inclined to take that viewpoint when talking about Mimihagi.
People do understand aspects about Reio’s existence, people understand that The Mimihagi embodies and governs the concept of “stillness” while Pernida embodies and governs the concept of “progression”, people know that Reio’s a paradoxical existence because of this. The fact we’re acting like characters like Tokinada (who as the head of Tsunayashiro clan, has historical records of everything which has happened within the Soul Society (Chapter 6), including the “original sin” which is the Soul King’s mutilation (Chapter 6) and Ichibei (who existed at the same time Reio existed (Chapter 22) aren’t knowledgeable about Reio’s existence is absurd, you’d require a higher preponderance of evidence to assume these characters aren’t knowledgeable, or are lying about Reio’s existence. Arguing that the scans provided are “nowhere near as conclusive enough to actually give a clear enough answer” is not only more assumptive, as you’re assuming these character’s aren’t knowledgeable about such things, or are misunderstanding something, despite evidence to the contrary, you’re also making claims without evidencing them.
You've yet to post a link which calls Mimihagi an embodiment of stillness which is what I'm looking for as evidence to the point you're trying to make. I'm not saying people aren't knowledgeable about Reio's existent, what I am saying is that people who are talking admittly don't know what exactly is going on with him in the moment as this scan points out with its questioning nature towards what's going on with Reio. You're taking my words and applying them in a way I don't mean them. And the most important thing about your argument in of itself that you have to realize, is that its not my job to bring further evidence to disprove your lack of it. It's my job to determine whether or not what evidence you provide is up to snuff to let the changes you propose go through. That is part of what my role as Thread Moderator dictates, I respond to the points you propose with my reasons and you try to convince me otherwise if I disagree. I'm not going to bother hunting down evidence to disprove you, unless the evidence you provide is conclusive enough on its own to require anything of that nature. You can try to demand it as much as you want, but my argument can stand without it even if you don't like it.
First - The number of people who’ve interacted with Abstract Entities doesn’t negate the evidence behind them being abstract or not, it could just mean those characters can interact with Abstract Entities. There’s nothing inherently against this interpretation, and I'd honestly find more evidence for this claim being true compared to the opposite tbh.
The issue here is that without explicit statements or strong enough secondary statements towards Mimihagi being an abstract being, how other characters interact with him directly on screen is one of our best bets to ascertain if he's truly what you're arguing for. And the fact that Mimihagi isn't treated as unique to interact with in any capacity besides Ukitake offering his body to him, works against him in this regard.
Second - Most of the stated examples aren’t even abstract entities, Reio while in his weakened state isn’t an Abstract Entity as he isn’t incorporeal nor embodies a concept. While the people who interacted with his prime form don’t have evidence against them having that level of interaction, Yhwach only arguably becomes Abstract after transforming his physiology into that similar to The Mimihagi, and only Ichigo, Aizen and Uryu with Still Silver interacted with him, all three which don’t have evidence against them having that level of interaction. Neither Pernida or Gerard are Type 1 Abstracts, they’re at best Type 2 Abstracts because they gain a level of regeneration from their embodiments. So that doesn’t prove anything. Literally everything you’ve stated disproves nothing because you didn’t prove why they wouldn’t have that level of interaction, you just claimed it isn’t supported and left it at that. Substitute your claims with actual evidence Duedate, stop making unsubstantiated claims.
The problem here is that as we currently accept both Yhwach and Reio, with Mimihagi absorbed they'd end up with his abilities, including his physiology. We currently accept that Yhwach is resistant to the All-Mighty's sight because of Mimihagi. So unless we're going to decouple those ideas, they can be used as evidence towards Mimihagi existing in the way you propose. Ichigo notably lacks any abilities of this type, which is important because he's never noted in any capacity to possess them. Within Bleach he very much is a physical fighter through and through, and for him to suddenly gain the ability to touch abstract concepts has no basis in any of what is presented within Bleach. His uniqueness comes from his ties to so many different soul groups and his zanpakuto that only ever effects his physical stats. Neither of those unqiue factors have any reason to grant him such an ability as far as we're shown in Bleach. And looking at Gerard and Perinada, they're important because due to a genuine lack of info on Mimihagi, looking to the other parts of Reio are our next best bet. It's odd you're trying to discount Perinada, when in your very proposed description of the scans above, you make it a point to draw a line of connection between Perinada and Mimihaga. As all parts of Reio's body, who have gained sentience, it makes sense to look between them to understand the nature of these body parts as a whole. And seeing that no descriptions of Abstract Existence is associated to either, we have even less reason to believe Mimihagi would uniquely possess this physiology.
Third - Lack of statements isn’t evidence of lacking, stop making fallacious arguments Duedate, every single time i debate against you always somehow make the same, ignorance filled arguments over and over again. It’s actually surprising how many times you do this.
Because Lack of statements is a genuine lack of evidence. You can act like it isn't and you're fine to do so, I don't care. But whenever you try to push upgrades without them, I'm going to point out you don't have them because statements are a vital part of actually verifying conclusions you make. Cause otherwise, it looks like you're connecting dots to fit your point of view without solid backing for them. Statements, descriptions, and direct showings are the strongest evidence you can have, and without them, I'm going to need a lot of alternative resources to accept your view as good enough to go on the profile.
Fourth - They don’t need to be directly stated, if they’re heavily implied so. Until you attack those implications your assumptions aren’t superior against my assumptions.
What heavy implications? What heavy implications are you talking about? Because you literally only have five scans for all of this. Three of them, the only two from the manga, only say about Mimihagi's existence that he controls stagnation, was the soul kings arm, will offer divine protection in exchange for all but someones eyes and is made of reishi. There is no allusions in any of these statements or showings that point towards Mimihagi being some abstract existence or non-physical being. Then lets look at the rest of your scans, this one neither mentions nor alludes to Mimihagi in any form or shape. It defines the world before Reio's interruption, funnily enough as one which was in a cycle but got stopped by the hollows eating. So even before Mimihagi was around, there was stagnation which doesn't support your argument in any capacity. It's not alluded to within this scan that stagnation concentrated itself into Reio's arm and then became Mimhagi when it was separated. This scan only talks about how Reio kept the cycle going, once again no allusion towards his arm being an abstract thing that is the embodiment of stillness. What I can see an allusion to is that during this time, he used the powers he possessed with either arm to help keep the cycle going fine and dandy, nothing more. And this scan straight up just reiterates what we know from the manga, that Mimihagi controlled stagnation. Nothing here defines the arm being stagnation itself, and by saying Reio exist in a state between them all that is allluded to is that Reio required these arms in order to stagnate and advance himself. That is the only natural conclusion, because nothing is said about the limb existing only on an abstract level or anything like that. So, seperately, none of these scans support the idea of existing abstractly or acasually. And when brought together, they don't come to that conclusion either, the best bet I personally see is some form of trans-duality because Reio predates life and death, but seeing that Reio and Perinada just die, I struggle to see that as well.
Fifth - The CFYOW scans provided do so, you haven’t actually proven them not to. You've only provided counter interpretations, and that's it.

Duedate you do understand you’re doing the exact samething correct? You’re making personal conclusions about statements that are explicitly stated in the text, such as asserting we don’t have conclusive enough evidence for Soul King’s existence despite the text literally explaining Soul King’s existence. Stop this bullshit cherry picking you do, either abide by your own logic or stop asserting this opinion as truth.

Yes, that’s what we call personal opinions Duedate, i’m saying this scan implies such, and i evidence why i believe it’s that implication. That’s what we call logic deduction. It’s perfectly usable within logical discourse.
Of course I've only provided counter interpretation, cause that's all you have here. Your interpretation, so if I don't agree with it, I'm going to tell you that I don't agree and why. That's all I'm getting from you, so that's all I'll give you in return. You tell me to stop asserting my opinion as truth, and I don't intend to. What I'm really trying to demonstrate is that your opinion makes more leaps in logic than the one I propose, so I'm more incline to stick with my opinion than accept yours as true. We're both doing the exact same thing here, it's just we've made different conclusions.

And you've just not given me enough to where I can agree with the deduction you've made over my own.

I’m going to rebut Duedate’s arguments again, and after that, later today (Edit: it'll be out tomorrow, can't finish it tonight), I'll explain in extreme depth why these three contentious abilities are supported by the scans provided. (Also i ******* hate typing bibles like this, it's tedious as ****)

It's a counter towards Mimihagi being an abstract being because the only description towards Mimihagi's description we're ever given is that he's a "right hand made of reishi". And being that Reishi is defined a spiritual matter, which is treated to be the spiritual counterpart to normal matter, I'm more inclined to take that viewpoint when talking about Mimihagi.
You’re again talking about generalities here, yes Reishi is defined as spiritual matter, which is the spiritual counterpart to normal matter, this doesn’t mean Reishi can’t exist, nor can constitute an abstract being’s existence, if Reishi can contain one’s fundamental information within it, then it can constitute similar existences, such as abstractions. I don’t understand this constant appeal to this statement when it’s entirely neutral within context. It’s just explaining that the Mimihagi is constructed of Reishi, which isn’t up for debate, i agree. What I'm arguing is that Reishi can exist on an abstract/conceptual level, and I'm using the Mimihagi as my evidence. You need to address the conceptual existence part directly, not appeal to this neutral statement which doesn’t prove evidence claims.

You've yet to post a link which calls Mimihagi an embodiment of stillness which is what I'm looking for as evidence to the point you're trying to make. I'm not saying people aren't knowledgeable about Reio's existent, what I am saying is that people who are talking admittly don't know what exactly is going on with him in the moment as this scan points out with its questioning nature towards what's going on with Reio. You're taking my words and applying them in a way I don't mean them. And the most important thing about your argument in of itself that you have to realize, is that its not my job to bring further evidence to disprove your lack of it. It's my job to determine whether or not what evidence you provide is up to snuff to let the changes you propose go through. That is part of what my role as Thread Moderator dictates, I respond to the points you propose with my reasons and you try to convince me otherwise if I disagree. I'm not going to bother hunting down evidence to disprove you, unless the evidence you provide is conclusive enough on its own to require anything of that nature. You can try to demand it as much as you want, but my argument can stand without it even if you don't like it.
I’m going to address the embodiment part of the argument in my separate post, as I'll be able to explain that in much more depth compared to this one without causing the sentence structures to become weird, or this post to become needlessly long.

Duedate, you’re arguing that we don’t have enough information to prove that Mimihagi isn’t affecting the Soul King on an ontological level because of the possibility that these characters are misunderstanding something despite the fact the statement provided doesn’t indicate such, the question mark is in regards to the existence after the Soul King had his arms removed, it isn’t questing the Mimihagi’s capabilities of affecting something on an ontological level. You’re misreading that scan.

Dude you only have brought up speculation against the scan, you just deadass hit me “it could be possible they’re misunderstanding something” and acting like bringing up a possibility negates the very clear implication of the statement. Until you can provide evidence why your interpretation has more credence compared to mind then drop this point.

I don’t care if you believe it’s my job to convince you otherwise when you aren’t even critically engaging with my arguments right now. You’re just bringing up possibilities, not explaining why these possibilities matter, or have similar truth-values compared to mine, and are saying because of these possibilities we don’t have enough evidence to assert that Mimihagi’s “stillness” can affect one on an ontological level.

Like genuinely, do you believe your interpretation has more/equal truth-value compared to my interpretation?

The issue here is that without explicit statements or strong enough secondary statements towards Mimihagi being an abstract being, how other characters interact with him directly on screen is one of our best bets to ascertain if he's truly what you're arguing for. And the fact that Mimihagi isn't treated as unique to interact with in any capacity besides Ukitake offering his body to him, works against him in this regard.
We do have strong evidence, the fact it’s directly implied that Mimihagi affects those on an ontological level adds credence to the possibility that Mimihagi is the conception of “stillness” itself, and your arguments against that has been sub-part at best since they're based around appealing to possibilities which you haven't evidenced for being probabilities.

Duedate…. That doesn’t make any sense, what are you talking about with this whole “how other characters interact with him directly on screen is one of our best bets to ascertain if he’s truly what you’re arguing for.”, this entire point means nothing, it’s completely countered by saying those people have NPI on that level….. I’m confused why you would’ve made such a non statement….

It doesn’t because it’s a neutral claim, you’re arguing that since the level of difficulty to interact with the Mimihagi is never specifically brought up, it necessarily means it’s evidence against it having such a level of existence. It just doesn’t Duedate, the lack of statement isn’t evidence of lacking, if you have supplemental evidence which indicates a different level of existence, then it would innately have a needed level of NPI for interaction. And if you’re asking what supplemental evidence I have, it’s the Soul King existence scan which directly implies "stillness" affects one on an ontological level, as in the nature of one's being/existence.

The problem here is that as we currently accept both Yhwach and Reio, with Mimihagi absorbed they'd end up with his abilities, including his physiology. We currently accept that Yhwach is resistant to the All-Mighty's sight because of Mimihagi. So unless we're going to decouple those ideas, they can be used as evidence towards Mimihagi existing in the way you propose. Ichigo notably lacks any abilities of this type, which is important because he's never noted in any capacity to possess them. Within Bleach he very much is a physical fighter through and through, and for him to suddenly gain the ability to touch abstract concepts has no basis in any of what is presented within Bleach. His uniqueness comes from his ties to so many different soul groups and his zanpakuto that only ever effects his physical stats. Neither of those unqiue factors have any reason to grant him such an ability as far as we're shown in Bleach. And looking at Gerard and Perinada, they're important because due to a genuine lack of info on Mimihagi, looking to the other parts of Reio are our next best bet. It's odd you're trying to discount Perinada, when in your very proposed description of the scans above, you make it a point to draw a line of connection between Perinada and Mimihaga. As all parts of Reio's body, who have gained sentience, it makes sense to look between them to understand the nature of these body parts as a whole. And seeing that no descriptions of Abstract Existence is associated to either, we have even less reason to believe Mimihagi would uniquely possess this physiology.
They could only be considered as evidence against Mimihagi having that level of existence if you believe those who interact with it don’t have that level of interaction, so let’s get into that discussion.

I love the fact you call my descriptions given in Mimihagi’s profile as “word salads” when this entire Ichigo section is one massive word salad in itself.

Ichigo doesn’t need a direct statement of the narrative saying “hey goobers reading my manga, Ichigo can interact with Abstractions now” when he has visual evidence of said interaction, statements aren’t the only valid form of evidence Duedate, this entire “uniqueness” point means nothing because Ichigo’s “uniqueness” doesn’t disallow him from having this level of interaction, it’s a nebulous point.

No it wouldn’t because those characters have distinctively different compositions compared to the Mimihagi. They aren’t incorporeal masses of Reishi, which is usually a distinct factor that Type 1 Abstract Existences have in comparison with other Abstractions. To compare Mimihagi’s existence to Pernida’s or Gerard’s given this evidence would be flawed. I hope we at least agree that Mimihagi is an incorporeal mass of Reishi given its visual appearance, and how it interacts with physical entities?

I’ve already addressed why comparing Mimihagi’s existence with both Pernida’s and Gerard’s existences is innately flawed.

Because Lack of statements is a genuine lack of evidence. You can act like it isn't and you're fine to do so, I don't care. But whenever you try to push upgrades without them, I'm going to point out you don't have them because statements are a vital part of actually verifying conclusions you make. Cause otherwise, it looks like you're connecting dots to fit your point of view without solid backing for them. Statements, descriptions, and direct showings are the strongest evidence you can have, and without them, I'm going to need a lot of alternative resources to accept your view as good enough to go on the profile.
You’re twisting the **** out of that statement so hard right now, that was in response to YOU claiming that since we aren’t given direct statements about the capabilities of one’s ability to interact with conceptual entities, it means they can’t, Which is fundamentally incorrect.

I’m not saying having zero evidence/heavy lack of evidence, and you objecting to that lack of evidence is wrong, or fallacious, what i’m saying the statement “No one is ever stated to have directly interacted with concepts to touch any of them” is fallacious because we don’t need direct statements to prove that, if you interact with an Abstract Existence (Type 1) then you’re innately interacting with the concept itself. It’s just an inherent thing.

I do have “solid” backing for them, and I'll explain more in-depth in my post regarding these specific scans/abilities.

What heavy implications? What heavy implications are you talking about? Because you literally only have five scans for all of this. Three of them, the only two from the manga, only say about Mimihagi's existence that he controls stagnation, was the soul kings arm, will offer divine protection in exchange for all but someones eyes and is made of reishi. There is no allusions in any of these statements or showings that point towards Mimihagi being some abstract existence or non-physical being. Then lets look at the rest of your scans, this one neither mentions nor alludes to Mimihagi in any form or shape. It defines the world before Reio's interruption, funnily enough as one which was in a cycle but got stopped by the hollows eating
The fact everything we have about the Mimihagi points to it being a incorporeal mass of Reishi, that flows like a ink-like substance, it’s a mass of shadowy Reishi without object physicality. It’s definitionally non-physical/incorporeal.

I know it doesn’t mention Mimihagi, because that’s not the intention of the scan, it’s referencing what “stillness/stagnation” defines and affects within the cosmology, and i seems like you agree that stagnation defines, and affects the world before Reio’s interruption, so…. Thank you for agreeing with my post? I don’t see how you would’ve thought this would support your argument when you’re just making the same argument I'm making….

So even before Mimihagi was around, there was stagnation which doesn't support your argument in any capacity. It's not alluded to within this scan that stagnation concentrated itself into Reio's arm and then became Mimhagi when it was separated. This scan only talks about how Reio kept the cycle going, once again no allusion towards his arm being an abstract thing that is the embodiment of stillness. What I can see an allusion to is that during this time, he used the powers he possessed with either arm to help keep the cycle going fine and dandy, nothing more.
It directly does because Mimihagi governs the concept of “stillness” and “stillness” can affect the universe, and is a universal constant as proven in the scans you’re quoting, you’re literally misunderstanding everything about my post Duedate. This definitely proves my argument regarding Mimihagi’s Conceptual Manipulation, and the level I’m asserting it to be.

You’re misunderstanding (again) my argument Duedate, I'm not saying, nor claiming that the concept of stagnation concentrated itself into Reio’s arm and then became the Mimihagi after it was separated…. I’m saying that the Mimihagi controls the concept of “stillness”, which you seem to agree with, and this control extends to the ontological level as of the SK existence scan, which adds credence it’s the actual embodiment of the concept of “stillness”, not just having governance over the concept. I can see why people could have contentions with the embodiment part, so I'll explain that part in-depth in my next post, and if you still don’t agree, then there’s nothing I can do.

It seems like most of your contentions are based around Mimihagi’s abstract existence. What's your opinion about Mimihagi’s Acausality and Conceptual Manipulation? Since it seems like you agree somewhat with the Conceptual Manipulation, and i don’t know your opinion yet on his Acausality.

The scan was to evidence the fact that stagnation affected the world itself, that’s all.

And this scan straight up just reiterates what we know from the manga, that Mimihagi controlled stagnation. Nothing here defines the arm being stagnation itself, and by saying Reio exist in a state between them all that is allluded to is that Reio required these arms in order to stagnate and advance himself. That is the only natural conclusion, because nothing is said about the limb existing only on an abstract level or anything like that. So, seperately, none of these scans support the idea of existing abstractly or acasually. And when brought together, they don't come to that conclusion either, the best bet I personally see is some form of trans-duality because Reio predates life and death, but seeing that Reio and Perinada just die, I struggle to see that as well.
If you’re saying that this scan alludes to Reio requiring these arms in order to stagnate and advance himself, then that provides credence to my argument, correct? That’s my entire point with this scan in specific, that these arms affect Soul King’s existence, causing him to stagnate and advance, but when removed left him in a state between stagnation, and advancement. You’re agreeing with my point Duedate…..

I disagree but I'll address this more in-depth in my later post.

Of course I've only provided counter interpretation, cause that's all you have here. Your interpretation, so if I don't agree with it, I'm going to tell you that I don't agree and why. That's all I'm getting from you, so that's all I'll give you in return. You tell me to stop asserting my opinion as truth, and I don't intend to. What I'm really trying to demonstrate is that your opinion makes more leaps in logic than the one I propose, so I'm more incline to stick with my opinion than accept yours as true. We're both doing the exact same thing here, it's just we've made different conclusions.

And you've just not given me enough to where I can agree with the deduction you've made over my own.
I’ll hopefully convince you otherwise after I’ve explained everything in much more depth later.

Last edited:
I’ve revised Mimihagi’s powers and abilities, added new abilities, removed previous abilities and resistances which aren’t applicable anymore, and updated the profile to match current standards.

I’ll now explain what’s been added and removed.

Mimihagi

Removed Superhuman Characteristics since it’s in the Soul Physiology blog.

Removed Precognition and Mind/Empathic Manipulation resistances since both are covered by Mimihagi’s Acausality (Type 2) and Abstract Existence (Type 1)

Added Likely Immortality (Type 1 - Mimihagi embodies the concept of "stillness" and such shouldn't age[1], has existed for over one million years after being torn away from the Soul King[1])

Added Abstract Existence and Incorporeality (Type 1 - 4-D - Conceptual [Type 2] - Mimihagi lacks "true" physical form[1], rather, they exist purely as an incorporeal mass of shadowy Reishi shaped into that of a hand[1]. Mimihagi embodies the concept of "stillness"[2], embodying said concept on an ontological level[3])

Added Acausality (Type 2 - Mimihagi, on an ontological level embodies the concept of "stillness"[1], a being "without progress" (Future) nor "retreat" (Past)[1], but rather, only remains "still" and "without motion" (Present)[1]. A being which is the ontological opposite of Prenida[1], who embodies and governs the concept of "advancement"[2]. With the likes of Yhwach being incapable of preserving Mimihagi's future with "The Almighty"[3] despite the fact he's capable of peering through and understanding[4] an infinite amount of futures[5] and possibilities with "The Almighty"[6])

Added Large Size (Type 5 - The Mimihagi is long enough to reach into the Reiokyu from the Seireitei[1], which has a distance of 1.4652e10 m between the two structures)

Added Absorption (Biological, Soul, Mental and Conceptual - Mimihagi is capable of consuming others, even those entirely comprised of Reishi like Yhwach[1])

Added Forcefield Creation (Mimihagi's entire body is made up of shadowy, abstract Reishi[1], which can be actively manipulated and controlled by Mimihagi to attack their opponents with, it can even be used to create barriers of darkness to block attacks as well[2])

Added Fusionism (Mimihagi can fuse with other beings, such as fusing with Jushiro Ukitake to prevent the advancement of his illness[1])

Added Conceptual Manipulation (4-D - Type 2 - Mimihagi embodies and governs the concept of "stillness"[1], a universal constant which defines the reality it governs[2], this defined "reality" includes things like individual entities, be them physical, non-physical or abstractions given "form". And even the universe itself, with "stillness" able to cause the previous "universe" to "stagnate"[2], with "stagnation" causing things to become "without progress" (Future) and "never retreating" (Past)[2], but rather, remains only "constant" and "still" (Present)[2]. The Mimihagi is the ontological opposite of Pernida, who governs the concept of "progression"[1], which, just like Mimihagi's governance of "stillness". Is a universal constant which defines the reality it governs, with both being "two sides of the same coin" in regards to the "universe" per se, as "progression" and "stillness" caused the previous "universe" to remain "without progress" but to "sway to and fro" in conjunction, causing many things to remain "ambiguous"[2])

If anything needs to be explained in more depth, or simplified then please ask and I'll try my best to explain away your confusions, as I don't wanna confuse anyone reading this thread. Especially staff.

Also the domino effect this causes for Yhwach and Aizen will be explained within a separate thread, this thread is only for getting Mimihagi’s stuff accepted, and that's it.

But with explanation given, let's get into the voting/discussion portion of this thread.

Voting:

Agree: @Arcker123, @Shmooply, @Everything12 (Agrees with somethings), @Excel616, @Milly_Rocking_Bandit, @Strife304, @LordGinSama, @AxisPowerRanger, @AnonymousBlank

Disagree: @Everything12 (Disagrees with somethings)

Neutral:
These seem reasonable, so agree.

I don't see how yhwach etc, being able to interact with mimihagi contradicts his abstract existence, when the entire verse is literally made up out of incorporeal / intangible beings. Like was said, this just gives them even more NPI than they already have.

Actually with what i've seen, beings like the soul king should get transduality as well, although im not sure which type that would be.

I’m going to rebut Duedate’s arguments again, and after that, later today, I'll explain in extreme depth why these three contentious abilities are supported by the scans provided. (Also i ******* hate typing bibles like this, it's tedious as ****)
Hehe, I agree with you Deceived, and I'll give my comments on your recent argument for the time being.

You’re again talking about generalities here, yes Reishi is defined as spiritual matter, which is the spiritual counterpart to normal matter, this doesn’t mean Reishi can’t exist, nor can constitute an abstract being’s existence, if Reishi can contain one’s fundamental information within it, then it can constitute similar existences, such as abstractions. I don’t understand this constant appeal to this statement when it’s entirely neutral within context. It’s just explaining that the Mimihagi is constructed of Reishi, which isn’t up for debate, i agree. What I'm arguing is that Reishi can exist on an abstract/conceptual level, and I'm using the Mimihagi as my evidence. You need to address the conceptual existence part directly, not appeal to this neutral statement which doesn’t prove evidence claims.
Absolutely true, the onus would be on the opponent to prove that it fundamentally cannot exist on an abstract level.

I’m going to address the embodiment part of the argument in my separate post, as I'll be able to explain that in much more depth compared to this one without causing the sentence structures to become weird, or this post to become needlessly long.

Duedate, you’re arguing that we don’t have enough information to prove that Mimihagi isn’t affecting the Soul King on an ontological level because of the possibility that these characters are misunderstanding something despite the fact the statement provided doesn’t indicate such, the question mark is in regards to the existence after the Soul King had his arms removed, it isn’t questing the Mimihagi’s capabilities of affecting something on an ontological level. You’re misreading that scan.

Dude you only have brought up speculation against the scan, you just deadass hit me “it could be possible they’re misunderstanding something” and acting like bringing up a possibility negates the very clear implication of the statement. Until you can provide evidence why your interpretation has more credence compared to mind then drop this point.

I don’t care if you believe it’s my job to convince you otherwise when you aren’t even critically engaging with my arguments right now. You’re just bringing up possibilities, not explaining why these possibilities matter, or have similar truth-values compared to mine, and are saying because of these possibilities we don’t have enough evidence to assert that Mimihagi’s “stillness” can affect one on an ontological level.

Like genuinely, do you believe your interpretation has more/equal truth-value compared to my interpretation?
The notion that characters like Kisuke, Yoruichi, Jushiro, Yhwach, Ichibe, etc would be "misunderstanding" what is going on is asinine. It's not like we are getting info from layman characters, it isn't Renji coming out of nowhere to say this, the information is presented by reputable sources. So I agree with Deceived here, Duedate saying "maybe they don't get it" is a neat headcanon and nothing more.

We do have strong evidence, the fact it’s directly implied that Mimihagi affects those on an ontological level adds credence to the possibility that Mimihagi is the conception of “stillness” itself, and your arguments against that has been sub-part at best since they're based around appealing to possibilities which you haven't evidenced for being probabilities.

Duedate…. That doesn’t make any sense, what are you talking about with this whole “how other characters interact with him directly on screen is one of our best bets to ascertain if he’s truly what you’re arguing for.”, this entire point means nothing, it’s completely countered by saying those people have NPI on that level….. I’m confused why you would’ve made such a non statement….

It doesn’t because it’s a neutral claim, you’re arguing that since the level of difficulty to interact with the Mimihagi is never specifically brought up, it necessarily means it’s evidence against it having such a level of existence. It just doesn’t Duedate, the lack of statement isn’t evidence of lacking, if you have supplemental evidence which indicates a different level of existence, then it would innately have a needed level of NPI for interaction. And if you’re asking what supplemental evidence I have, it’s the Soul King existence scan which directly implies "stillness" affects one on an ontological level, as in the nature of one's being/existence.
Yeah this is just a ludicrous attempt to handwave the statements and feats. A consequence of Mimihagi embodying this abstract stillness would make characters like Yhwach capable of that level of NPI, and nothing contradicts it. Duedate would have to prove that Yhwach objectively does not have that level of NPI, and unfortunately such evidence does not exist.

They could only be considered as evidence against Mimihagi having that level of existence if you believe those who interact with it don’t have that level of interaction, so let’s get into that discussion.

I love the fact you call my descriptions given in Mimihagi’s profile as “word salads” when this entire Ichigo section is one massive word salad in itself.

Ichigo doesn’t need a direct statement of the narrative saying “hey goobers reading my manga, Ichigo can interact with Abstractions now” when he has visual evidence of said interaction, statements aren’t the only valid form of evidence Duedate, this entire “uniqueness” point means nothing because Ichigo’s “uniqueness” doesn’t disallow him from having this level of interaction, it’s a nebulous point.

No it wouldn’t because those characters have distinctively different compositions compared to the Mimihagi. They aren’t incorporeal masses of Reishi, which is usually a distinct factor that Type 1 Abstract Existences have in comparison with other Abstractions. To compare Mimihagi’s existence to Pernida’s or Gerard’s given this evidence would be flawed. I hope we at least agree that Mimihagi is an incorporeal mass of Reishi given its visual appearance, and how it interacts with physical entities?

I’ve already addressed why comparing Mimihagi’s existence with both Pernida’s and Gerard’s existences is innately flawed.
I am actually baffled that the counter argumentation just assumes that Bleach characters cannot have that level of NPI, without even substantiating those claims. It's blatant incredulity and some of the most sloppy excuse for a rebuttal I've seen in a while.

You’re twisting the **** out of that statement so hard right now, that was in response to YOU claiming that since we aren’t given direct statements about the capabilities of one’s ability to interact with conceptual entities, it means they can’t, Which is fundamentally incorrect.

I’m not saying having zero evidence/heavy lack of evidence, and you objecting to that lack of evidence is wrong, or fallacious, what i’m saying the statement “No one is ever stated to have directly interacted with concepts to touch any of them” is fallacious because we don’t need direct statements to prove that, if you interact with an Abstract Existence (Type 1) then you’re innately interacting with the concept itself. It’s just an inherent thing.

I do have “solid” backing for them, and I'll explain more in-depth in my post regarding these specific scans/abilities.
This ^, we do not need to be spoonfed information like idiots. We can employ simple logic. For example, let's say X is a ghost, and Y can interact with X, we would conclude that Y can interact with ghosts, not that X isn't really a ghost. It is literally the same case here, but this level of NPI is more impressive. The entire notion of powerscaling is to be able to quantify a characters abilities without having to be spoonfed everything. Character W can produce 5 gigajoules of energy, character Z can overpower W, but Z has no feats. We don't say "W cannot produce 5 gigajoules" we say "Z scales to or above 5 gigajoules". Like let's drop the hypocrisy, and just realize that Deceived has the superior position.

The fact everything we have about the Mimihagi points to it being a incorporeal mass of Reishi, that flows like a ink-like substance, it’s a mass of shadowy Reishi without object physicality. It’s definitionally non-physical/incorporeal.

I know it doesn’t mention Mimihagi, because that’s not the intention of the scan, it’s referencing what “stillness/stagnation” defines and affects within the cosmology, and i seems like you agree that stagnation defines, and affects the world before Reio’s interruption, so…. Thank you for agreeing with my post? I don’t see how you would’ve thought this would support your argument when you’re just making the same argument I'm making….
I'd agree that Mimihagi isn't portrayed as normal matter. It's almost drawn like a 2D object in a 3D world, it's very obviously not a standard physical mass of reishi from a visual perspective.

It directly does because Mimihagi governs the concept of “stillness” and “stillness” can affect the universe, and is a universal constant as proven in the scans you’re quoting, you’re literally misunderstanding everything about my post Duedate. This definitely proves my argument regarding Mimihagi’s Conceptual Manipulation, and the level I’m asserting it to be.

You’re misunderstanding (again) my argument Duedate, I'm not saying, nor claiming that the concept of stagnation concentrated itself into Reio’s arm and then became the Mimihagi after it was separated…. I’m saying that the Mimihagi controls the concept of “stillness”, which you seem to agree with, and this control extends to the ontological level as of the SK existence scan, which adds credence it’s the actual embodiment of the concept of “stillness”, not just having governance over the concept. I can see why people could have contentions with the embodiment part, so I'll explain that part in-depth in my next post, and if you still don’t agree, then there’s nothing I can do.

It seems like most of your contentions are based around Mimihagi’s abstract existence. What's your opinion about Mimihagi’s Acausality and Conceptual Manipulation? Since it seems like you agree somewhat with the Conceptual Manipulation, and i don’t know your opinion yet on his Acausality.

The scan was to evidence the fact that stagnation affected the world itself, that’s all.
Yeah governing the concept of stillness is rather direct, doesn't seem like there's any real contentions there.

If you’re saying that this scan alludes to Reio requiring these arms in order to stagnate and advance himself, then that provides credence to my argument, correct? That’s my entire point with this scan in specific, that these arms affect Soul King’s existence, causing him to stagnate and advance, but when removed left him in a state between stagnation, and advancement. You’re agreeing with my point Duedate…..

I disagree but I'll address this more in-depth in my later post.
It is verbatim stated that Reio exists in a state between, as you say.

I’ll hopefully convince you otherwise after I’ve explained everything in much more depth later.
Yeah TLDR; Deceived by far produces the more compelling argument, with a preponderance of evidence dwarfing the opponent's incredulity. Obvi I agree with the OP.

After going through all the evidence, I concede on the claim about Mimihagi embodying the concept of "stillness", we just lack the evidence needed to assume such a claim, and in actuality, the evidence we're given kinda disproves the notion it's the embodiment of "stillness" rather then just the controller of "stillness". So Mimihagi's Abstract Existence (Type 1) will be removed, however his Acausality (Type 2) and Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2) should remain as i'll explain in my mega post tomorrow. So i'll kindly ask everyone who is watching this thread to wait until tomorrow for my mega post that'll hopefully explain anything contentious away with those two specific abilities before positing your final opinions on everything.

Back