• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, Mihawk seems to have a minor AP advantage (Boosted by Statistics Amplification), a huge experience advantage, I gotta give this to Mihawk for these reasons

and the fact that Marth has to continuously activate his healing

Huge experience advantage? You realize Marth has spent most of his life fighting in war against mages and all kinds of enemies, right? At best it is a minor experience difference.

He fought 2 wars with no prior combat experience

Although, I will mention that Marth has fought people with much greater experience than him evenly

Marth has defeated people like Medeus twice, has fought against expert millitary and won. He is at the level of any adult. Mihawk's experience advantage is minor.

Also Marth has fought ranged enemies. And mihawk doesnr usually just stay out of range and spam attacks. He enjoys close combat.

And Mihawk fought people such as Shanks for years. I'm positive Mihawk could do the same against the majority of the Navy excluding the Admirals. Once again Mihawks experience advantage is not minor.

Mihawk only enjoys close combat with those he finds worthy but i understand your point. However if Mihawk needs to stand back and spam ranged attacks he will. Mihawk is not stupid.

Perhaps I should clarify. What i mean by his experience is experience wielding a sword. Also the second profile doesn't tell me much.

As for his healing how good is it and how does it work? Also keep in mind that Marth is naive which could very likely be bad for him while facing Mihawk.

He activates the Falchion (glowing), the falchion heals minor injuries and fatige. Marth keeps fighting.

well, if marth loses a limb, he is done anyway. but has a good shield to avoid that.

Mihawk still doesnt have any form of sustain, tho.

the stamina point is moot when Marth can keep healing himself with Falchion.

we dont really know how high he gets with haki. so... well...

I still think that in a prolonged battle Marth has the upper hand.

The OP calc is also barely above baseline 6-B, so the base difference is very minimal (But Mihawk is stronger)

Well, Mihawk is now scaled to a 12 Teraton feat.

Anyways, while Marth does have his regen, it's only when wielding Falchion, correct? Mihawk has spent his live contending against characters of equal or superior skill level, and he has not a single scar to show for it, and he is still carried in such high esteem. His display against other opponents shows his ability to exploit any openings presented, and he never overextends himself.

There's not a lot to go on for Mihawk's abilities, but if we just look at these two as fighters overall, Marth is going to slip up or be tricked by Mihawk, who would then cleave him in two with pinpoint accuracy. If Marth is disarmed of his blade after Mihawk realizes its healing factor, he'll go for the blade first before Marth.

Mihawk has Kenbunshoku haki, which will cover all of his blind spots, and he has Busoshoku haki to bolster his physical capabilities, as well as the power behind his blade.

Also, looking at Marth's profile, correct me if I'm wrong, but does he have Country level dura with the shield, and not his physical body? If that's the case, Mihawk merely needs to slip past Marth's guard once and cut him down, and if Marth manages to get through Mihawk's guard, Mihawk can take a hit w/ his durability, and possibly minimize the damage to nothing more than superficial with the use of haki on top of it.

How potent is Falchion's healing?

Until given more info on Marth's abilities, it seems as though Mihawk takes this.

The disarming argument can be used for both sides, tho. We dont know anyone with skills superior to mihawk. Marth as a teenage has fought against millitary with more experience, so I doubt he'd get disarmed that easily. Also, marth knows that he depends on the falchion. Mihawk doesnt go for disarming, he didnt even disarm Zoro back in east blue.

Endgame's Marth's durability is the same as the shield, otherwise, given the ridiculous aoe of Medeus' breath, it'd be impossible to block it with only the shield. Mihawk is more than likely to look down on Marth just as he did with Zoro (because Marth is a "rookie").

Falchion's healing allowes Marth to be safe even if mihawk tries to play ranged. Block + heal is enough for sustain.

Around mid-low regen is what Falchion provides.

1. So now Mihawk also has a huge AP and Dura advantage, even more of a reason why he wins

2. Yes, he can only heal himself if he has Falchion (but he's also only 6-B with Falchion)

3. I mean at the point of him being disarmed it would just be High 8-C Marth with no weapon, so he'll definitely cleave him in two quite easily

4. Nothing to say about this

5. Marth is Country level in Dura even without the Fire Emblem (in fact it was originally just used as a glorified chest key)

6. It provides around a Low level heal, but he has to activate it

I'll also mention that Camus is able to heal himself completely and he still lost in Shadow Dragon (it was also implied to be a 1v1), so it's not like his Healing will be a deciding factor

I dont know if Camus canonically used the Healing factor in the fight. He is supposed to like "fair play" and was facing Marth (who, iirc, didnt have the falchion here) in single combat.

Yes, Marth didn't have the Falchion against Camus and it does make sense for him to have not used Gradivus for healing (since it was kinda...implied to be just Marth and Camus fighting)

But healing still isn't a deciding factor here, it's not like he fully heals and it's likely just Low level

That wouldn't work, Lucina is just as strong as Marth and she just has better healing

Also Aether is 2 hits and only the last one deals durability negating damage....and it also only halves dura

Bloodlusted Marth can land an Inconclusive tho

Back