• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mewtwo's Resistance to Precog

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Where does this come from? It's says via Psychic attacks, but other than Future Sight, which one are you referring to?

Also, could we perhaps....organize Mewtwo's Powers and Abilities section better? That is a pain to read...

Yeah, after Shadow Mewtwo's upgrade I clicked to it's profile and my god, it's messy as heck. xD

Get rid of like, 80% of it, Dragon. ovo

Y'all need to put those IQ skills in the Notable techniques sections because they honestly clog up the file.

Schnee One said:
How much does he lose in his Shadow Mewtwo key?
Not that much, I think. In the other thread it was established is normal Mewtwo but amped. He would keep everything normal Mewtwo has. However, and naturally, he shouldn't get stuff from Movie, Adventures and Mystery Dungeon (imo) which isn't that much, really.

I think we may need to fix how we handle Mewtwo's file. From my understanding, he's composited. I have my own issues with this. Of course tiering wouldn't really change. But I refuse to get into more huge Pokemon riff-raff after my last two experiences....at least for now.

I also agree legendaries (specific ones from certain mediums) shouldn't get every ability from every other medium. They are their own characters, individuals, no different to a trainer's pokémon.

But that's something from when that thread is made.

Mostly Movie and a couple of Manga ones (Mewtwo is the bigger offender imo).

Edit: Ah, and everyone who's from Mystery Dungeon.

Thing is, those are not really "specific" like in the sense of a pokemon being owned by a trainer. It's just the legendary doing different things in the universe that they are present in.

Movie!Mewtwo is not Adventures!Mewtwo. Adventures!Mewtwo is not Game!Mewtwo.

They are, for all intents and purposes, different characters each with their own stories.

Masuda said in an interview to look into the anime to see what Pokémon are capable of in the games (paraphrasing, of course)

Tajiri said that Adventures is what Pokémon should be.

But they still aren't the same character.

Edit: Keep in mind. I'm talking specifically of, well, specific pokémon. Which are mostly legendaries, since they are the ones usually given a distinct character separate from "the species".

Of course they are different in characterization because the plot of all 3 are vastly different (well at least anime and manga, adventures is strictly the games in manga form.) But those Mewtwos are still the same in the aspects of "Being artificially created, destroying and escaping the lab they were made in, and grown to hate humans".

What I mean is these mewtwo aren't unique to each other in abilities, its not like they are specifically given different stuff like a specific pokemon would under trainer tuteledge.

That's true. Im saying the capabilities are the same throughout the media.

..I was also serious when I said separating Mewtwo into 3 profiles (and therefore doing the same with the rest of the Legendaries) = Cal leaves permanently.

I am fine with using the Anime to get abilities for Pokemon and vice versa. Spin Offs are a different story. More specifically Mystery Dungeon. In this case there are feats for some Pokemon that aren't comparable to their mainline counterpart. For example, Mystery Dungeon Mewtwo is by no means comparable to the Human created Mewtwo. Manga, Anime and Main games are mostly fine.

If Cal leaves because we split Mewtwo up into 3 keys, then as much as I hate to say it, it was nice knowing you, see you in Discord.

@Professor

Manga Mewtwo is the only one capable of using the spoon. He is also the only one with planet level feats, btw (aside from Mystery Dungeon, which is also the only one with IQ skills).

@Cal

Then I'll miss you, but as the profile is, is not accurate. And not all legendaries need this threatment. Rayquaza stays in a single profile, as he is literally the same accross all mediums.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
@Professor
Manga Mewtwo is the only one capable of using the spoon. He is also the only one with planet level feats, btw (aside from Mystery Dungeon, which is also the only one with IQ skills).
So what? Manga Mewtwo using the spoon is done from his own capabilities, not outside assistance like X trainer helping Y Pokemon do Z move. So there's no reason why the spoon cannot apply to the entire species.

Especially given the whole Multiversal canon status Pokemon has.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I am fine with using the Anime to get abilities for Pokemon and vice versa. Spin Offs are a different story. More specifically Mystery Dungeon.
And I agree. When talking about the profile for the entire species, I agree all the way. But Mewtwo, accross mediums, is his own individual. My issue is that. If pokémon from trainers are treated as distinct from the species (which they are), why Mewtwo, the most distinct pokémon aside from Ash's Pikachu accross all mediums, composited?

I am not a fan of giving all Mewtwo's the Dreaded Spoon of Infinite Boon seeing as that was a specific Mewtwo thing. Multiversal Canon status doesn't mean all Pokemon should share the weaponry unless it's something like Cubone's Thick Club or Chansey's Lucky Punch.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I am not a fan of giving all Mewtwo's the Dreaded Spoon of Infinite Boon seeing as that was a specific Mewtwo thing. Multiversal Canon status doesn't mean all Pokemon should share weaponry.
Thats not what I was saying at all. The bolded part I mean.

@Professor

Because Mewtwo is not a species. There is only one for each universe/timeline. He is an individual.

They all share the same origin with minor differences? Yes, but they are not the same Mewtwo.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
I am not a fan of giving all Mewtwo's the Dreaded Spoon of Infinite Boon seeing as that was a specific Mewtwo thing. Multiversal Canon status doesn't mean all Pokemon should share weaponry.
Thats not what I was saying at all. The bolded part I mean.
I edited my comment to explain what I mean a bit better.

Movie 1 and genesect movie are different within same timeline, I know. But in Adventures there is only one. And depending on Super Mystery Dungeon, that one is also the only one.

Edit: If talking about the games, it's not confirmed if the Mewtwo from Kanto is different to Kalos', I think. Or at least, I certainly have never seem that ever addressed. And Ultra Space is it's own can of worms.

There are also multiple Mewtwo in the mainline games as well. One for Kalos and one for Kanto.

Back