• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mewtwo, Mew, and Legendary Bird Trio Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anime4Life2020 said:
ArbitraryNumbers said:
You do know that Mewtwo, outside of MD, is even LOWER than Dwarf Star Level, right?
Arent the feats Mewtwo did outside MD casual ones? Not saying its anywhere near 4-A remotely but feat wise they werent anything close to Mewtwo's limit.
The point is that Mewtwo, an arguably superior Pokemon, has zero feats on this level.

In fact, literally nobody in the Pokeverse has feats on this level aside from Arceus and the Creation Trio.

The point is that Mewtwo, an arguably superior Pokemon, has zero feats on this level.
In fact, literally nobody in the Pokeverse has feats on this level aside from Arceus and the Creation Trio.

Lake Trio xD

Anyways, yes that may be true but for an outlier to be precise it has to be a stronger character than the one your trying to rate as a specific tier and then struggling to do something far inferior. Or the character him/herself doing struggling with something far inferior. Thats what we have for all outliers here. Mewtwo doesnt fit this because all of its feats outside MD are casual and are in no way listable as its limit of AP. The only reason Mewtwo outside SMD doesnt have tier 4 feats is because its never gotten the chance to show them. In other words, im saying there's nothing that says mewtwo can't do Tier 4 feats or anything beyond its current tier but rather it just has never gotten a chance to do them. Do you see what I mean?

We cannot assume Mewtwo is much stronger than High 5-A just because he never got a chance to show it. By that logic Beerus could be 2-C, but since he never got a chance to destroy space-time it is allowed. By this logic EVERY character could be 1-A, but since they never got to show it, they can be that strong. See what I mean.

To be fair, the closest thing we have to Gothitelle's feat is Gardevoir's black hole creation. However, I wouldn't consider Gardevoir's black hole feat an outlier since:

• it's done through very specific means.
  • it scales to no one.
  • the 'dex suggests that after it uses this, Gardevoir at best becomes immensely weak, and more likely than not simply dies.
Gothitelle on the other hand...

Dragonmasterxyz said:
We cannot assume Mewtwo is much stronger than High 5-A just because he never got a chance to show it. By that logic Beerus could be 2-C, but since he never got a chance to destroy space-time it is allowed. By this logic EVERY character could be 1-A, but since they never got to show it, they can be that strong. See what I mean.
The problem with this is even by that logic, Beerus is not implied to be 2-C in any remote way. Mewtwo would be implied as High 5-A or more if we scaled this feat to him since it is fact Mewtwo is vastly superior to Gothitelle.

As for the 1-A statement, that works with what im saying too. Everyone isnt ever implied to be 1-A at all period and their everyday showings in their verses except the ones with the God tiers being appropriate for that rating proves so.

You realize mewtwo was pretty much using his full power is SMD to stop the tree of life right? Mewtwo nor any other legendary is implied to be stronger than they are so that argument does not fly....

Dragonmasterxyz said:
But another issue with this is that SMD is non canon to the anime, where in that continuity is the one with the casual feats for Mewtwo. This would only work if we are combining continuities.

But for the anime's case it at least has some relationship to the games, having material that doenst totally go against it.

Mystery Dungeon on the other hand as a whole goes against it completely. I mean Mewtwo, a human made pokemon, being in a game where humans are almost completely non-existent makes no sense.

It was an illusin in the anime(What Gothy did)

Anyway SMD really is not as bad as the entire series with Powerscaling. Like I said the files are composite.... Anyway we will see what Cal has to say about this since he's the main authority on Pokemon now.

Addressing the illusion thing now in the other thread.

And alright. My bad if I was derailing or causing any problems as I was only trying to get answers for questions and concerns I had. I deeply apologize

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back