• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid V: Dread(ing the future for the franchise)

What are the characters that have the most connections to Samus? Also is there somewhere that lists all the characters with a fair amount of connections to Samus to facilitate a Vs Debate and what those connections are?

By connections, do you mean character traits; personality, backstory, ect, or powers, abilities, and fighting styles. Or a combination of both

Either or, could be both. Samus is compared a lot to Master Chief and Doomslayer, and they share connections beyond wearing Power Armor and saving the day/world/universe. However Samus' abilities are very different from what Chief and Slayer use/get, which is where the connections to someone like Megaman (be it Classic or X) come in since they use arm cannons, have multiple different types of beams/missiles, Shinespark/Screw Attack can be an equivalent of X's Nova Strike, etc.

In my opinion, I so far think Blue Beetle is the character with the highest amount of similarities to Samus Aran (Both characterization and powers and abilities section). He wears power armor that helps him protect the universe; his suit is also biotechnology that merges with his skin much like Samus Aran's power suit. Also, he has a weapon called a Scarab bomb (I think that what it was called) that is stated to have enough power to blow up entire planets; which reminds me of Samus Aran's Super Power Bomb. He is durable enough to withstand the epic center of it much like Samus Aran, and there are a list of hacking abilities similar to what Samus can do.

For anyone who's heard of Smash Bracket on YouTube, a VS show that has a bracket set up for all the fighters in Smash to eventually see who's the strongest, here's a sneak peak for the upcoming fight between Samus and Pit for those interested:

The fact that Samus seems to start in her Dread Gravity Suit makes me happy.

Here's an unexpected match up for Raven Beak I found from Google, Raven Beak vs Bradford Buzzard from the Ducktales reboot:

The connections are as follows:

Bird-like armored antagonists of two individual series whose first game was released on the NES in the late 1980’s (DuckTales in 1989 and Metroid in 1986). They are the leaders of villainous groups (F.O.W.L. and the Mawkin Tribe) who have close ties to the plots of both pieces of media. The leaders themselves also end up being tied to a female leading character (Bradford was responsible for the creation of Webby Vanderquack and Raven Beak is technically another surrogate father of Samus after having donated some of his Chozo DNA to her when she was young). They also have a secondary form that was the result of the two combining with a dangerous source (Bradford wielded the Sword of Swanstantine in the final episode of the reboot and Raven Beak was possessed by a purple X Parasite, forming Raven Beak X).

Here's Smash Bracket's Samus vs Pit:

At the time of posting the video is about to premiere so I don't know the outcome yet. There's a poll as to who the audience thinks will win and it's about 57% Pit 43% Samus last I checked so it's pretty close.

At the time of posting the video is about to premiere so I don't know the outcome yet. There's a poll as to who the audience thinks will win and it's about 57% Pit 43% Samus last I checked so it's pretty close.

Pit vs Samus is not a match up I'd expect but it does kinda make sense, especially what with their debut games sharing the same engine and staff.

Not too surprised the poll is slightly more in Pit's favor, a lot of people take that statement of him being the strongest Nintendo character seriously so they'd just assume he's "canonically" superior to Samus.

Pit vs Samus is not a match up I'd expect but it does kinda make sense, especially what with their debut games sharing the same engine and staff.

Not too surprised the poll is slightly more in Pit's favor, a lot of people take that statement of him being the strongest Nintendo character seriously so they'd just assume he's "canonically" superior to Samus.
Statement of Pit being the strongest Nintendo character? That's kind of a surprise, or that it didn't go to someone like Kirby (given his reputation and all).

When was there a statement of Pit being the strongest Nintendo character? Isn't that Kirby or would it be someone like Monado 3 Shulk or Ness since he can fight Giygas?

Overall it was really good. Didn't go super in depth on what each character has but there's so much to cover that what was shown was pretty good. There was no mention of Samus' Phazon stuff or Metroid powers from Dread (there's a clip of Samus about to grab and Metroid drain a Chozo Warrior but the clip stopped right as the drain was going to happen so keeping the Metroid powers omitted seemed intentional) and none of them were used in the fight itself which was interesting. I assume at least the Metroid powers will be used next time since this first match up with Samus is sort of used to set up her backstory and gear. Then again it could also be because of the story going on in the fight itself where Samus isn't interested in fighting Pit (Pit mentions if Ridley is available to fight so Samus fights Pit to keep him from potentially dieing to Ridley) so she's most likely holding back to some extent, at the very least she isn't trying to kill him and going Metroid Suit would do that. Speaking of the fight it was really enjoyable and both characters seemed properly represented. Only things I didn't like about it were that the Speed Booster/Shinespark were only there in spirit since it looked like Samus was going to use it, but only glowed and jump high into the air. Also no Space Jump/Screw Attack, Flash Shift... most of her stuff wasn't really used in the animation now that I think about it (unless I missed something). It was mostly her Power Beam and regular/Super Missiles which is fine, Samus seems to not be trying to kill Pit so that might have something to do with it and the fight was pretty enjoyable regardless. Not a fan of how Samus' Power Suit goes away and she fights in Zero Suit for a bit, that's never happened in the games themselves (every time Samus runs out of energy she doesn't keep fighting in Zero Suit, she dies. Just look at the game over screens for Metroid Prime 1 and 2) but I don't think that is ever going to go away. Then again the show Smash Bracket is about seeing who is the strongest character in Smash and Samus going from Power Suit to Zero Suit like in the fight is fine. As stated previously, pretty good fight and I'm happy my girl Samus won. however Samus being able to beat Pit means Dark Samus is going to kill the shit out of Dark Pit unless Samus shows up all healed for the save.

Yeah, Samus is too OP for Pit.

Statement of Pit being the strongest Nintendo character? That's kind of a surprise, or that it didn't go to someone like Kirby (given his reputation and all).
When was there a statement of Pit being the strongest Nintendo character? Isn't that Kirby or would it be someone like Monado 3 Shulk or Ness since he can fight Giygas?
After the credits in Kid Icarus Uprising are finished the diembodied spirit of Hades shows up and starts congratulating Pit for beating the game and says that because he defeated the god of underworld that means he's the most powerful Nintendo character of all time.

Yeah, it was just a throwaway statement in the end of Kid Icarus Uprising.

After the credits in Kid Icarus Uprising are finished the diembodied spirit of Hades shows up and starts congratulating Pit for beating the game and says that because he defeated the god of underworld that means he's the most powerful Nintendo character of all time.
Ah, derp, I thought a staff member in Nintendo had said something in an interview, lol. Honestly, given Hades' sense of humor I'd take everything he says with a bucket of salt.

Samus Aran is over 131 billion C while Pit is still in the millions. Samus Aran also has keys ranging from Planet level to Small Star level while Pit is only Large Country level.

131 billion c is for travel speed
Her attack speed and thus her combat speed are even better than her travel speed. And Tier 8 Samus is literally blatant trolls level of downplay, she has a bunch of planet planet level lore feats and her Low 4-C Light Suit Samus is quite legit with UES scaling. Even Zero Suit Samus has Tier 7 feats.

She literally outpaced her own Wave Beam which outpaced her ship. It's the same Beam people like SA-X can dodge and Samus Aran can easily dodge the same Wave Beam from SA-X.

Last edited:
Her attack speed and thus her combat speed are even better than her travel speed. And Tier 8 Samus is literally blatant trolls level of downplay, she has a bunch of planet planet level lore feats and her Low 4-C Light Suit Samus is quite legit with UES scaling. Even Zero Suit Samus has Tier 7 feats.

She literally outpaced her own Wave Beam which outpaced her ship. It's the same Beam people like SA-X can dodge and Samus Aran can easily dodge the same Wave Beam from SA-X.
small star calc is for Dark Samus "surviving" it through regen, not durability. The power bomb that could destroy a planet was a "super power bomb" that was larger in size than Samus' power bombs. Samus' power bombs have never destroyed planets before

She literally outpaced her own Wave Beam which outpaced her ship

Prove the ship was at full speed

You mean the particles that was still stuck in dark Aether and tanked the destruction of the dimension? Plus the energy Samus took into her light suit and the emperor ing took in the final fight? We had this song and dance before, if you can’t be bothered to bring anything new to the table good luck trying to nerf Samus. Also she tanked her own power bombs that were supercharged by the Ing and she uses power bomb energy to restore her power, she scales to the power bombs period.

Prove she didn’t outpace her own wavebeam.

Last edited:
small star calc is for Dark Samus "surviving" it through regen, not durability. The power bomb that could destroy a planet was a "super power bomb" that was larger in size than Samus' power bombs. Samus' power bombs have never destroyed planets before
Uh no, that is completely wrong. It comes from Samus Aran's Attack Potency not from Dark Samus' durability. It was Samus Aran's own attack the converted Dark Aether into pure energy in the first place, and it takes multiple hits to bring down Dark Samus who has only gotten much stronger. The Super Power Bomb was a single Power Bomb Capsule, which Samus Aran can produce regularly in that case since she is amped by multiple Power Bomb Capsules. A single Capsule is only like 2-5 Power Bombs at most in terms of energy output. Also, she has other planet level feats such as taking hits from Gorea. Also, the Tallon IV Metroids have their own durability feat they fully scale from since a Leviathan crash was literally squeezed into a single Tallon Metroid. Chozo and Space Pirates also both have numerous weapons powerful enough to bust planets. And yes, as Glass brought up, it's consistent for her to literally eat her own Power Bombs, even Super Power Bombs.

Prove the ship was at full speed
She was literally chasing after a Space Pirate ship stated to be faster than her own, so she must have been going at full speed there wasn't a way for her ship to keep up. But her Wave Beam outpaced the ship and gained on the pirate ship, but the pirate reacted and dodged it, but using her Shine Spark, she speed blitzed it. Ridley also out outpaced her Gunship quite regularly using just his wings.

She was literally chasing after a Space Pirate ship stated to be faster than her own, so she must have been going at full speed there wasn't a way for her ship to keep up. But her Wave Beam outpaced the ship and gained on the pirate ship, but the pirate reacted and dodged it, but using her Shine Spark, she speed blitzed it. Ridley also out outpaced her Gunship quite regularly using just his wings.
When did this happen again? Was it Samus & Joey?

Gorea being planet is more implied, but it at the very least caused Alinos’s core to explode, which is multi-continent.
Still above Pit.

She also fights enemies while riding a speed booster amped version of her ship, which has a 6-7 billion c flight speed in the same manga arc.

There is a possible argument that Pit is stronger than the 5-B version of Samus. His current High 6-B rating comes from scaling to Pyrron pushing the aurum brain and our current calc for the brains size and weight could be lowballed given that space ships smaller than it are described as being the size of a continent by Palutena (Although they don't appear that big in game and obviously the aurum brain doesn't look that big either, could be chalked up to the 3DS just not being capable of reasonably making them look as big as they should be) and iirc using the size of a continent bumps the feat up to double digit yottatons or something. Wouldn't help him much even if the feat was actually 5-A since he'd never come close to landing a hit on her and obviously her Low 4-C suits still casually one shot him.

@Dust_Collector there's also the possibility the Low 4-C feat can be much greater since planets in metroid do vary greatly in size, and I'm pretty sure DDM just used earth as a baseline for Aether.

Tbf I’m not sure if I’d use mass energy conversion for Aether since, the mass and the energy clearly exist at the same time.

But Gorea being able to annihilate everything in its path as it rampages across the galaxy might be enough for planet.

Last edited:
It lineally mentions turning the entire mass into pure energy in the energy transfer module description.

Do you even know how mass energy conversion works? That's exactly what it is. "Mass and energy existing at the same time" isn't an issue against it.

If the energy is directly tied to the mass and sustaining it then, how does converting the mass to energy tie into the energy that already exists?

you do realize the energy was a part of the planet for a long time right? It wasn’t until the luminoth made their giant stations that harnessed the energy of the planet.

Because it is still Low 4-C levels of energy manipulation, She like instantly converts the Dark Aether half of Aether's entire mass into pure energy and absorbs it. Then she returns to Light Aether, then she shoots out the energy to stabilize the mass energy and merges them back into the original form.

Also, it's not like the E=MC^2 formula is all the energy on the planet, of course there are other factors such as thermal energy, chemical energy, the numerous levels of Fusion energy, ect. But the Mass-Energy is just the calc that needs to be done but she does absorb it all and possible a touch more. I don't get the knit picks for the sake of knit picks.

Also, the calc is a lowball for two reasons; she also destroys the body of space with her attack that converts Dark Aether into pure energy, not just the planet. And it's being directly compared to Earth as opposed to the super dense planets like Tallon IV or Zebes. There is no information on how Aether's gravity is; it's assumed to not be that crazy since humans lived on it, but the marines in question do regularly have access to suits that give them the ability to survive on extreme gravity, so not much of a counter argument. But either way, we used Earth comparison for lowballs sake.

Uh no, that is completely wrong. It comes from Samus Aran's Attack Potency not from Dark Samus' durability. It was Samus Aran's own attack the converted Dark Aether into pure energy in the first place, and it takes multiple hits to bring down Dark Samus who has only gotten much stronger. The Super Power Bomb was a single Power Bomb Capsule, which Samus Aran can produce regularly in that case since she is amped by multiple Power Bomb Capsules. A single Capsule is only like 2-5 Power Bombs at most in terms of energy output. Also, she has other planet level feats such as taking hits from Gorea. Also, the Tallon IV Metroids have their own durability feat they fully scale from since a Leviathan crash was literally squeezed into a single Tallon Metroid. Chozo and Space Pirates also both have numerous weapons powerful enough to bust planets. And yes, as Glass brought up, it's consistent for her to literally eat her own Power Bombs, even Super Power Bombs.

That's transmutation and energy manipulation, not striking power just hax

Super Power Bomb was a single Power Bomb Capsule, which Samus Aran can produce regularly in that case since she is amped by multiple Power Bomb Capsules.

No, the Super Power Bomb here was amped and increased in size

Also, she has other planet level feats such as taking hits from Gorea

There's no evidence she survived Gorea's planetary attacks

Chozo and Space Pirates also both have numerous weapons powerful enough to bust planets

Which she has never survived

And yes, as Glass brought up, it's consistent for her to literally eat her own Power Bombs, even Super Power Bombs.

Not the super power bomb that has been increased in size, so definitely not planetary

That's transmutation and energy manipulation, not striking power just hax
She uses a strike to transmute it, plus the Energy Transfer Module is the same UES as her Arm Cannon and Power Suit abilities
No, the Super Power Bomb here was amped and increased in size
This is non-sequiter, Bishop formed it simply using one capsule stolen from Samus' power suit, he did not amp it at all any higher than how strong a Power Bomb Capsule could be. And if anything, Samus Aran's items were nerfed because her weapons were too powerful for Bishop to make proper use of albeit he also has much less control over the energy.
There's no evidence she survived Gorea's planetary attacks
Actually, she literally does. You don't get one-shotted from Gorea's attack, the fight takes place in the Infinity Void for a reason also. Plus Gorea is still easily planet level via upscaling otherwise.
Which she has never survived
It is stated that those weapons were useless against Gorea, which Samus was able to harm Gorea's 1st form using the Hunters' weapons and kill Gorea using the Omega Beam. Tallon IV Chozo were also described as nigh-indestructible despite having regular access to planet busting technologies, yet Samus was able to destroy them with ease.
Not the super power bomb that has been increased in size, so definitely not planetary
Increased in size =/= increase in power, it just means a decrease in precision. Again, your analogy contradicts every statement in S&J that says otherwise. You're literally doing nothing but beating a dead horse and I know a lot of people who essentially point out that's pretty much something you do a lot around these parts. This is the same thing as saying Vegeta is only a planet buster with Galick Gun and not his Big Bang attack is a more powerful technique that uses the same UES.

Did Samus actually convert Dark Aether to energy? I assumed her just taking the planetary energy from Dark Aether caused a chain reaction that erased everything for her.

Because um, Samus converting all of Dark Aether’s mass to energy has the problem of, the mass was still there and Samus was still in Dark Aether after taking the energy.

Last edited:
Back