• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid V: Dread(ing the future for the franchise)

^Pretty much what Glass said. Heck, Samus' drain is even better than the regular Metroid. Not sure what's up with that tbh, but she doesn't even need contact judging by what happened to the Red EMMI's Central Unit and Raven Beak's ship.

^Pretty much what Glass said. Heck, Samus' drain is even better than the regular Metroid. Not sure what's up with that tbh, but she doesn't even need contact judging by what happened to the Red EMMI's Central Unit and Raven Beak's ship.
uh, it seem more like, rather than not needing contact she just needs to touch the thing to drain it and then everything connected to it within an area gets affected too compared to metroids grappling and being single target

Was the ship connected to Raven Beak? I did wonder how the EMMI & Central Unit connects.

Yeah, I find it epic that Samus in her Metroid Suit could turn the tables on 2-A Doom Slayer via outrunning him and absorbing all that Argent energy to use against him.

It's all fun and games until Doom Suit Samus arrives.

were they not on the ship, scuse me if im msiremembering
Yeah, but it wasn't connected to Raven Beak. I think.

Raven Beak was touching his ship since he was standing on it, assuming if that's all it takes. There could be some sort of connection between Raven Beak and his ship like Samus' Command Visor from Prime 3 but that's purely conjecture on my part. Anyway, Samus draining a target as well as what they're connected to could be due to Samus not being able to control her Metroid powers yet, even though she drained two Chozo Soldiers without draining energy from the environment around them.

Yeah, I find it epic that Samus in her Metroid Suit could turn the tables on 2-A Doom Slayer via outrunning him and absorbing all that Argent energy to use against him.
Could Samus' Metroid Suit be the thing she needed to finally defeat Megaman X? If the Scan Visor identifies X's crystal on his head as some sort of weakness... maybe? Partially joking around, but if Samus can find a way to be a 2-A character what can't she do?

Last edited:
If you all wanted to see fan wank to the highest degree, here ya go:

Exactly how strong Metroid characters are can be precarious, but the idea of universal level Kraid seems silly.

Bruh
trash-know-your-place.gif

Considering there do exist 10-B characters who can beat 1-A characters via hax, it's not really "Reaching". And it's not like Doomguy being 2-A means he has immunity to energy absorption or omnipresent across the multiverse. He's still a 3-D character who otherwise would suffer the same weaknesses a 3-D character would typically have without more elaborate details. It's his lack Doomguy's lack of speed combined with his lack of ways to counter the energy absorption that would really be his downfall.

Also, that's kind of how Samus Aran has always been. She either does stomping, or gets curbstomped in return; or any haxy character for that matter.

Samus' Metroid Drain hax requires her to touch her opponent and keep holding them until they're dead. A lot can happen before Samus can grab her opponent if they're much higher in stats than her, assuming she'll be able to grab them at all before being defeated like with Raven Beak (I get the feeling RB wasn't going all out since in Phase 1 and 3 he just used walking and Flash Shift to move around). Besides, who's to say Samus' opponent can't get her off before she drains them all the way? RB couldn't get Metroid Suit Samus off, but who's to say someone like Doomslayer or Goku couldn't? Larval Metroids can be removed with bombs to it's not impossible.

For the video itself, saying that Varia Suit Samus and Kraid are universal sounds pretty silly at the very least. There's a line in Metrod Fusion where Samus says (in reference to the SA-X) "I must destory it before it learns its true potential and threatens the universe." I don't think she meant that literally.

But the gap between a 5-B and 2-A is such, that even if the latter were to be a merely 3D being, you might be better off arguing the fire of a match stick beating a star.
Considering there do exist 10-B characters who can beat 1-A characters via hax, it's not really "Reaching". And it's not like Doomguy being 2-A means he has immunity to energy absorption or omnipresent across the multiverse. He's still a 3-D character who otherwise would suffer the same weaknesses a 3-D character would typically have without more elaborate details. It's his lack Doomguy's lack of speed combined with his lack of ways to counter the energy absorption that would really be his downfall.

Also, that's kind of how Samus Aran has always been. She either does stomping, or gets curbstomped in return; or any haxy character for that matter.

"Hax" that people have to prove that works on such a beings, we can't go always by assumptions.

Samus' Metroid Drain hax requires her to touch her opponent and keep holding them until they're dead. A lot can happen before Samus can grab her opponent if they're much higher in stats than her, assuming she'll be able to grab them at all before being defeated like with Raven Beak (I get the feeling RB wasn't going all out since in Phase 1 and 3 he just used walking and Flash Shift to move around). Besides, who's to say Samus' opponent can't get her off before she drains them all the way? RB couldn't get Metroid Suit Samus off, but who's to say someone like Doomslayer or Goku couldn't? Larval Metroids can be removed with bombs to it's not impossible.

For the video itself, saying that Varia Suit Samus and Kraid are universal sounds pretty silly at the very least. There's a line in Metrod Fusion where Samus says (in reference to the SA-X) "I must destory it before it learns its true potential and threatens the universe." I don't think she meant that literally.
Actually, she has managed to drain energy without touching them.
"Hax" that people have to prove that works on such a beings, we can't go always by assumptions.
That's asking us to prove a negative, if character A can negate durability via spatial manipulation, and character B doesn't resist spatial manipulation combined with the fact that he's still clearly human sized. Regardless of 10-B vs a Low 1-A and what not. Either one of these characters could oneshot the other and it becomes a who hits 1st.

maybe I'm missing the point by a mile, but uh, Samus has other hax she can use rather than just energy drain gg,

That's asking us to prove a negative, if character A can negate durability via spatial manipulation, and character B doesn't resist spatial manipulation combined with the fact that he's still clearly human sized. Regardless of 10-B vs a Low 1-A and what not. Either one of these characters could oneshot the other and it becomes a who hits 1st.
I'm asking you to prove positive, that character A has shown to affect beings of such a scale with said hax, because a Low 1-A by their very own nature would be unaffected by attacks that affect what, 3D space?

maybe I'm missing the point by a mile, but uh, Samus has other hax she can use rather than just energy drain gg,

The issue is Dragon is (At this point) legitimately arguing that Samus with the Metroid's ability can actually beat a 2-A.

Anything that can effect 3-D space, can effect 3-D beings. More importantly, Doom Slayer is still a 3-D being; he's not someone omnipresent across the universe let alone the multiverse. a human sized 3-D being who happens to have 4-D or 5-D degree of power all the way up 2-A or even an Uncountable Infinite degree of Uncountable infinite dimensional power all the way up tp Low 1-A still possess some of the same weaknesses and limitations of a 10-B character such as lacking immunity to mind manipulation or 3-D spatial manipulation, or energy absorption. It's Doomslayer being resistant to energy absorption is the part that requires more evidence, but his weakness against energy absorption. Therefore I'm the one asking the positive while being asked to prove a negative.

Plus, the speed gap still needs to be accounted for. A Massively Hypersonic+ isn't going to touch a Massively FTL+ any time soon.

Anything that can effect 3-D space, can effect 3-D beings. More importantly, Doom Slayer is still a 3-D being; he's not someone omnipresent across the universe let alone the multiverse. a human sized 3-D being who happens to have 4-D or 5-D degree of power all the way up 2-A or even an Uncountable Infinite degree of Uncountable infinite dimensional power all the way up tp Low 1-A still possess some of the same weaknesses and limitations of a 10-B character such as lacking immunity to mind manipulation or 3-D spatial manipulation, or energy absorption. It's Doomslayer being resistant to energy absorption is the part that requires more evidence, but his weakness against energy absorption. Therefore I'm the one asking the positive while being asked to prove a negative.

Plus, the speed gap still needs to be accounted for. A Massively Hypersonic+ isn't going to touch a Massively FTL+ any time soon.
I think they are arguing she can’t absorb infinite energy.

That depends on the context; having infinite energy in itself doesn't really harm the body if it stars potential energy as opposed to kinetic energy. Although, she does not possess an infinite number of watts. However, absorbing Argent Energy is something that has often made pretty much anybody evolve, so she would still be getting a lot of power ups from. But worst case scenario is that it would just be a stalemate.

I doubt Samus could absorb Doomguy's 2-A energy. She could probably absorb his lifeforce unless it's tied to the 2-A energy, in which case nvm.

Doomslayer's Argent Energy is what's used to grant him Immortality Type 1 among other things and inherent the abilities/resistances of the demons he kills. Plus, he went from Low 7-B to 2-A via killing a bunch of fodder demons left and right with some various boss enemies. Other versions of Samus such as Light Suit Samus or PED Suit Samus would definitely beat him since the latter could either BFR or Space-Time distort him or Phazon hax him however.

a human sized 3-D being who happens to have 4-D or 5-D degree of power all the way up 2-A or even an Uncountable Infinite degree of Uncountable infinite dimensional power all the way up tp Low 1-A still possess some of the same weaknesses and limitations of a 10-B character such as lacking immunity to mind manipulation or 3-D spatial manipulation, or energy absorption.

According to what?

Why can't you just simply accept the easy fact that she can't beat him, why you gotta keep pushing it?

According to what?

Why can't you just simply accept the easy fact that she can't beat him, why you gotta keep pushing it?
That's not a fact, but your opinion. This is just a typical hax vs tier debate. It can be said that he can't beat her either if he can't hit her because she's literally over 13 trillion times faster than him. Also, it sounds to me like you're the one who's actually trying to be antagonistic. Comments like "Why can't you accept the easy fact" is intentionally being narrow-minded. I even said at the end that it is a stalemate worse case scenario, so the bold accusations aren't necessary. Also, I have been following thread policies a lot more than you have; and even Glassman said it too above. He was the would also talking about Balder who lacked resistance to life energy manipulation and what not.

Last edited:
Don't want to get too into this argument, but we do accept that 3-D characters, even if they have tier 2 or 1 powers, can be affected by the hax of other 3-D characters. Now if Doomguy is 4-D, then Samus can't do anything to him.

No pages say that, they to point out how being higher D actually doesn't make you immune or infinitly stronger than lower D beings due to still being composed of 3D parts and matter still existing under most conventional physics, which is the opposite of what you two are implying (In fact, Samus should still affect DS even if he was only 4D, but is besides the point).

@DarkDragonMedeus I'm not trying to accuse you, I'm disagreeing, hard, with you for basic and justifiable reasons, and later asking why not drop it because it was getting out of hand by turning this into a legitimate discussion. I apologize if I came out that way.

You joined a month before I did, Idk what's the difference and why matters. I honestly didn't notice Glassman, he just blends with the background.

For some reason higher dimensional existence or whatever it's called is basically free immunity to all lower dimensional powers if evidence is provided.
"Due to the additional axis spatially inherent to them, higher-dimensional objects are comprised of more information than what can normally be described in lower-dimensional spaces, and thus may only be capable of interacting with them through lower-dimensional "slices" or cross-sections of their bodies."

No pages say that, they to point out how being higher D actually doesn't make you immune or infinitly stronger than lower D beings due to still being composed of 3D parts and matter still existing under most conventional physics, which is the opposite of what you two are implying (In fact, Samus should still affect DS even if he was only 4D, but is besides the point).

It's pretty clear that the page is specifically talking about physical stats rather than hax, although, wouldn't your reading still defeat the purpose of the debate?

Soooooooooo Dark Samus is back? I thought all of Phazon ceased to exist unless she evolved beyond phazon at that point.

Phazon also evolves to where it regenerates from existence erasure; or Dark Samus still had Mid-Godly regeneration to where it persists even without Phazon and she produces a new energy source that is Phazon taken up notches.

Retro Studios is also running an ad on Artstation which presents the image as a gif.

With another, different, suit presented alongside it.

I'm starting to think one of those suits may not be Samus'...
This is either concept art or stuff made for an ad and is meant to look vaguely like Samus. If it's concept art then Samus' suit can look wildly different depending. Granted I am very well aware that Nintendo can bring back Phazon and Dark Samus if they want to. I know Kensuke Tanabe said in an interview with Eurogamer that the story of Dark Samus and Phazon has been told so they aren't coming back. This interview was regarding Federation Force and that was back in 2015 so who knows if that's still the same. I'm hoping for something new instead of the big threat being Phazon stuff again. That same interview also mentioned that when/if a Metroid Prime 4 ends up happening (we know now that it did happen) then it might involve time travel. Time travel stuff usually doesn't end well so I'd rather not... then again Mario, Zelda and Pokemon have all done time travel so I guess it was just a matter of time for Metroid to do it. Here's the interview in question: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...e-dev-explains-decision-to-not-focus-on-samus.

Speaking of Dark Samus, something is kind of confusing me.

So DS has low godly regen in Prime 2 because she regenned after being inside a dimension erased from existence. But, it’s also treated as a durability feat. Shouldn’t it be one or the other?

It should have been treated as Light Suit Samus' Attack Potency feat rather than Dark Samus' durability feat, but the scaling is legit regardless.

Back