• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually that reminded me of something. The original plan for Corruption was gonna have Samus basically getting bounties and etc, but apparently Nintendo of Japan didn't see that as something she would do imao Maybe NoJ had seen too many movies and thought bounty hunters were heroes.

Yeah, those sound very important. One is diplomacy on a massive scale and the other is the Bioroid that threatened travel for a lot people no? Speaking of which, even her employer comments that he had to spend a lot just to get her to take the job.

When the Pirates were active (aka before Super Metroid since the GF seemed to be at war with them for decades), there seemed to be a lot of things Samus had to do (the backstory manga especially) and not all of them seemed important at the time, like when she had to find a missing Marine Platoon in Prime 2. On paper that doesn't sounds super important, but it turned out to be a galactic threat. S&J takes place after the Space Pirates are all gone, yet Samus gets multiple jobs within a time span of most likely a few weeks at most. There was also the part of S&J in the beginning of volume 3 where the Samus doppelganger showed up, Diesels says that Samus was off on a job, then Samus arrived back at the station and said she went to the Sakaard Sector. Work is soon once again, will add more later.

I'm pretty sure finding a GF Platoon that had hunt down a Pirate Frigate (Reminder that the last Frigate was making monstrosities like the Parasite Queen) is pretty important. As for S & J, without any space pirate threat, Samus probably had to lower prices or else she would be borderline broke (reminder that Super Metroid wasn't a job) meaning she basically finished the Pirates for free.

But ultimately, I think we deviated from the original topic, like I said, there is no evidence to suggest that Samus' inferior suit has the Scan Visor

So do you guys think Metroid Prime 4 really will be in the Game Awards? The entire Reggie shirt thing has kinda blown up, tho personally I feel like its a stretch.

@Crimson I don't remember that, I guess it was from a direct I missed.

@Data I want to believe that they would show it on the game awards, and hopefully more than a CG trailer like Bayo 3, but I doubt they'll do it.

Theglassman12 said:
@Crimson I don't remember that, I guess it was from a direct I missed.
It actualy was from E3 2015. Reggie wore a Punch Out hoodie a few days before that, which hyped up people. There was no Punch Out.

ahh, the E3 where..............................that game occured....................................

FF at least had good enough gameplay, the other one was just a full on shitshow and possibly one of the most dissapointing games ever.

@Glass I guess, but at that point its a matter ot timing instead of the quality of the game

I know, but if they did that, they would avoid a lot more backfire than they already got. Like MP Hunters came out around the time when we were already getting other mainline metroid games, and no one had any issues with that game because of that reason.

Ye, makes me feel bad for FF.

From what I understand, behind the series they wanted to expand Metroid like Mario or Pokemon (Mario Kart and Dr Mario for example) to basically make it easier to make Metroid games, but the fanbase....

yeah.... they're just impatient for another metroid game. I sure as hell was when that happened. Also didn't help that a certain company decided to destroy all of their franchises on that same year via Pachinko machines.

Tis a shame, I feel like Fed Force could open up Metroid to more genres, particularily Multiplayer and Horror (Given you do play as the GF) but the casual playstyle seemed to not help.

Speaking of which, there's so much debate about what's worse, Federation Force, or Other M; I'd say it really depends. That's like comparing Sonic Boom to Sonic 6/6/06 some say. Other M did have fairly good gameplay, but the story was horrendously awful; Federation Force on the other hand was more tolerable story wise, but gameplay was more underwhelming.

It would have been awesome to see a Metroid RPG though.

@DDM tfw MP Hunters could easily be a damn good Mass Effect game with all them hax and lore and stuff. OvO

Yeah, Prime Hunters is quite under appreciated. It's not my favorite Metroid game, and far from it, but I still really liked that one.

Gorea was a fantastic Final Boss though; though would have been better if Samus actually fought the comet form so she could get more upgrades.

How would fighting the comet form have given Samus upgrades? @Dark

@Glass ye, they got lazy there lol

Because, the comet form of Gorea is like overwhelmingly stronger than the restricted form, which is still a super casual planet buster regardless. Same with speed, won't change ratings so much probably; unless we consider Gorea's feats 5-A or above, but would definitely put Samus at even higher degrees. Though, not as impressive as the speculative statement about Phantoon being an "Upper Dimensional Entity." If only that statement was elaborated ^^

Really? I only remember its comet form arriving in the Galaxy, huh, might have to re-read the lore.

Noice, I'll probably have to implement the changes soon then.

Gorea was stated to terrorize the entire galaxy for 3 Months strait, and that the Alimbics were outmatched by it, despite possessing one of the greatest technologies in the universe. I also vaguely recall some statements about it destroying planets and stars; highly skeptical about the later though, all over the galaxy.

And yeah, the calc is good news, but I also noticed other details regarding Fusion Suit. She gets the Power Bomb before the gravity suit in addition to the fact that she fights Nightmare before getting the Gravity Suit; which is where she gets it. And Nightmare fought Legendary Varia Suit Samus twice. So Varia Fusion Suit upgrades maybe?

Yeah but that was after comet form gorea.

Kinda messes up the scaling no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back