• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Data I mean, I doubt it really messes the scaling that much unless this is one of those sequence breaking things where you fight end game ridley with base power suit in super metroid.

I mean, it means Varia Fusion Samus = SA-X which is extremely doubtful. It could be possible that's she's simply weaker without the gravity fusion suit, so it would result in a weaker power bomb but idk

Well the power bomb isn't her most deadly weapon from her entire arsenal right?? It's all the beams that are stacked into one.

Oh that reminds me. Did Samus ever get frozen when hit by SA-X?

True, but then again the Plasma Beam is obtained afterwards...

Yes

Weirdly it just... Fades out. Though in the canon itself, I'm pretty sure Samus was able to avoid sa-x

No one's saying Varia Fusion suit scales from SA-X, just that one, Samus's durability, and Power Beam/Super Missile AP, and SA-X >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Power Bombs, which have their share of Planet level feat and also >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Durability of a Tallon Metroid.

And oh, I see. Well I met it would be awesome of Samus fought Gorea if Gorea was in his prime.

Like I said, the Plasma Beam is also given to Varia Fusion Suit, would either Varia Fusion Suit = SA-X which makes no sense, or perhaps the suit also has influence on the power of the equipment?

Again, Varia Fusion Suit is clearly =/= to SA-X, only with Gravity Suit does she become that. But Nightmare already scales to 5-B feats in Other M. And while I'm sure Super Missiles and Plasma Beam, ect are affected by the suit, but Power Bombs seem legit 5-B even without influence by Samus Basic Fusion suit Samus tanking it is a massive outlier I can guarantee.

So you want to scale Varia Fusion Suit to the same stuff that SA-X scales too, but at the same time, argue that Gravity Fusion Suit Samus is the only one comparable to SA-X?... I'm trying to point out that there is a scaling issue here.

I think 5-B Varia Fusion Samus is something that can be accepted, but not with the scaling that you're showing.

I meant, they're both overwhelmingly greater than the Power Bomb, but the latter to an even greater extent. Think of it as SA-X = Captain Ginyu, Gravity Fusion Suit = Ginyu saga Goku w/o Kaioken, Varia Fusion Suit = Recoome, Power Bomb = Saiyan Saga Vegeta, Tallon Metroid = Raditz, all who are 5-B.

Power Bombs and Tallon Metroid. The Power Bomb does have its own 5-B feat, but it also atomizes multiple Tallon Metroids in one hit, which have the 73 Zettaton calc.

Atomizes?

And yeah, technically that's true, though that's not the point. That's like me saying Goku scales off 2nd form Frieza because 4th form Frieza is stronger than that. It's just a unnecessary step since we already know 4th form frieza is stronger than 2nd form.

Well it is an Atomic Bomb on a Planetary scale, and vaporizes or atomizes them, but it is overkill either way. Varia Fusion Suit's obviously not as strong as SA-X because she had to run away from her, were as she could go toe to toe and defeat her with Gravity Fusion Suit. Also, felt like a weird angle, it's simply both tank power bomb and take 0 damage is the reasoning for 5-B.

...Wait, hold on where are you getting Power Bomb = atomic bomb and atomizes/vaporizes Tallon Metroids?

I don't quite understand the last sentence.

Doesn't the Power Bomb kill Tallon Metroids in one hit and destroy them till there's like nothing left of them?

I meant, the whole Goku Vs Frieza thing; that's what confused/threw me off. The 5-B's of Dragon Ball scale to Early Piccolo's feat because they're all stronger than him. Same with both the Power Bombs and Tallon Metroids being weaker than all those characters.

It one shots yeah, but you still see their bodily fluids come out.

Then why use the DB analogy?

I see, then it liquidizes or pulverizes then.

Well, I was talking about the 5-B character scaling, but then the High 5-A to Tier 4 stuff kind of came out of nowhere... Of course Base Goku is stronger than 3rd form, but where did stronger than 2nd form because 4th form is stronger, why not just stronger than the 1st form feat?

You're overthinking what the power bomb does to them, it just makes them explode.

That was another analogy... And the second half of what you just said misses the point, its obvious that 4th form Frieza (Power Bomb) is stronger, so adding the other form (Tallon Metroid) to the convo?

Well, the SA-X, and Varia Fusion Suit Samus, it uses Power Bombs all the time and takes 0 damage from it. And Tallon Metroid is where the calc comes from, all I'm saying is that they're well above baseline.

That doesn't really have anything to do with what I'm saying tho?

Well I might actually vouge for atomic level power bombs, at least for fusion samus if not all versions of samus but not for the reasons above. It EITHER pushes out or destroys the air to create a vacuum which pulls in the surrounding X-Parasites afterwards in fusion.

If I'm not mistaken to create a vacuum you'd have to shove out or destroy all the air correct?

Well I was looking at my Trilogy artbook and well...

https://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Metroid_Prime_Trilogy_art_booklet

"While searching for Phazon energy to increase her power further, Dark Samus detects the faraway planet Phaaze, the original source of all Phazon. Dark Samus begins her trek across the galaxy to Phaaze. "

Her corruption can corrupt even Phazon and Leviathans themselves of all things :" On the way, she encounters a Leviathan that appears from a wormhole. Dark Samus infects this Leviatha and is able to control it, giving her the power to open wormholes at will."

"No one knows when Phaaze was born. A planet completely unique in an infinite universe, unlike any that came before it. Phaaze was alive. A conscious, sentient being."

"Leviathans had the ability to generate wormholes, allowing them to travel to galaxies unbelievably far away." and "This allows her to travel to Phaaze quickly. For Dark Samus, a chance to control the source of all Phazon is a chance to conquer the entire universe." (Confirms that the portals are universal in range)

"After Samus left Tallon IV, the few remaining cells of Metroid Prime began to secretly multiply using the gene information taken from Samus's suit." and "Unbeknownst to our heroine, particles of Dark Samus's Phazon energy floated into space and began to mold themselves into human form." (Confirms that Samus could not completely destroy the soul of Dark Samus and Metroid Prime)

TL;DR:

Dark Samus: Back to Regenerationn (Mid-High) as Metroid Prime, remains at (Low-Godly) as peak Echoes Dark Samus. Universal Range, High Universal if we take the infinite universe thing literally [Doubt]. Her corruption abilities are >>>> than we thought.

I kinda had doubts about Mid-Godly, but why only Mid-High for Dark Samus, or did you meant to say Meta Ridley. I had no doubt about the range being Universal, and Infinite probably refers to the amount of 3-D Space, but it's not like there's an infinite amount of matter or anything. But would this also mean Animus is High 3-A given the Infinite Universe statement might be possible?

I mean, even in Prime 2, Dark Samus legit regenerates from the Annihilator Beam destroying all her physical matter. The thing is, Phazon isn't really physical.

@Data but we do see her being blown away multiple times in MP2 and regenerated afterwards. Which is far more impressive than the one we saw in MP1

@Dark and Glass Yo guys I said "as Metroid prime" lol for Regen (Mid-High)

@Dark Animus being High 3-A is possible, but pretty sure its hyperbole.

The only non-physical Phazon is Phazon Energy and the Phazon Data Virus.

btw, I was meaning to ask this, but considering how Phazon has always been treated as a planetary threat for like every target it has encountered. Would that make like a good chunk of its hax planetary? Especially when Phazon itseft created Dark Aether and would turn the other planets into copies of Phaaze?

Oh, you might want to edit that post then, because it's displayed in what's backwards. So Metroid Prime Core is Mid-High and Dark Samus is Low Godly. But Samus still has Non-Physical Interaction in that she kills Intangible and Non-Corperals though; just not Existence Erasure/Hakai.

I mean the quotes are, but none of your points had anything to do with that @Dark

@Glass ye, its already been stated in the Phazo page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back