• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
For some time, Methuselah has been rated as 5-A based on being able to utilize his darkness in a form of attack known as the Jaws of Darkness. The Jaws of Darkness are...well jaws made out of darkness that Methuselah makes as a result of having been associated with a lot of negative ideas humanity has associated darkness with. They're each packed with a hundred days worth of nights, which leads up to about 3.6 Yottatons or 5-A as this thread puts them at.

The thing about this is that the narration, both Japanese and English, was talking about the Jaws of Darkness's "fangs". About how each and every one of the fangs is packed with those hundred nights. In the Japanese version, Jaw is written down as ÚíÄ, which can also mean chin. While þëÖ means fang or tusk. From the way the narration is talking about in both languages, it seems that it is describing the Jaws of Darkness and then follows it by stating the potency (and density) of nights packed in, again, each and every one of the fangs.

Assuming each jaw's fangs have the same number as a normal human set of teeth, which is 32, we could be looking at 115.2 Yottatons. This is ofc an assumption as there isn't a known number of how many fangs each JoD (Jaw of Darkness) holds. Either way, should this pass, this would also technically be an upgrade since this will put those related to the Jaws (Methuselah for obvious reasons, to a bolstered up by Glads Wilhelm being able to destroy them, and those of the Commanders and Reinhard via scaling) higher above baseline 5-A which starts out at 2.7 Yottatons according to this wiki's AP chart.

Edit: I checked the CG image we have for Methuselah on his page gallery on the Jaws. There is about 23 visible fangs which rounds up to about 82.8 Yottatons. So not as high as the above assumption but better to go for by the fangs shown in the image.

Matthew Schroeder said:
This is obviously not literal.
you give that it isnt literal but u have no clue about the verse itself without context... This is the same you critisize how the wiki favors the verse when u only do is talk behind the ones who supporting it instead of giving actual counter arguments

You are applying a Multiplier out of thin air.

Creating 23 3.6 YT attacks doesnt mean we should add them all together. Fiction doesnt work in that principle. Otherwise we should multiply Xemnas' AP by how many light blasts he can create at one time in his final fight with Sora in KH2 (which would become a huuuuuuuuuuuge numbah).

go to 2:40

I didn't need the example, just the explanatio

It actually makes sense, in any case it would be an upgrade to its durability as it is composed of 23/32 of those in total and they get smashed in one hit.

What do you think?

Really......

Well the narration still states that "each and every one of the fangs" are composed of a hundred days worth of nights. Which means just one alone is already 3.6 Yottatons.

I DID state that should it get accepted, not that might it will but if it does.

There is something for the Fangs but if it's not for AP, then I guess this can apply for something else.

The only other thing is how Wilhelm with all of his soul capacity (and a constant refill of the souls from Reinhard's Glads to help him not die or lose out his powers) was able to smash them in one hit or something iirc.

Edit: Basically, what I mean is that I can agree if this would only be a dura thing for the fangs rather than an AP thing. But it would in some part be a sort of 5-A upgrade as Wilhelm was able to destroy them albeit with the cost of losing an arm. So if we go with that route, it's still an upgrade but for a different reason while relating with the jaws here.

I dont know enough about the context.

Destroying 23 of those fangs in one hit can be anything from x1.1 a fang to x23, depending on how it happened. Depends on AoE and other factors I dont know about.

I'll try to see if I can explain it well enough:

Layout here is this:

TL;DR version: A Jaw of Darkness has 23 fangs, and each of those fangs are packed with 100 nights compressed into them. Wilhelm, being boosted up and able to use all of his souls for strong attacks, can destroy the Jaws of Darkness in one hit but they also destroy his arm in the process (though he's able to insta regen thanks to, again, Glads constantly refilling him).

This is all I could gather up regarding this. Thoughts?

If Im reading this correctly.

And the jaws are exactly how they are depicted in the profile, then I cant agree with you, sorry.

1 fang = 3.8 YT right?

23 fangs = 3.8 YT x 23 attacks.

Destroying or tanking the jaw = 3.8 YT x 23 separate attacks (since the fangs dont merge together, apparently, and there is no statement that the power of a jaw is superior to that of the combined fangs)

In real life I'd compare this to:

1 fang = 1 bullet

1 jaw = 23 cannon firearm (aka, capable of shooting 23 bullets at the same time)

Since Methuselah is already "At least, likely far higher" I dont know what else you can get from this.

What about destroying all of them at the same time? Since that's what we are aiming for

Using you example it would be ├▒:

1 fang = 1 bullet

1 jaw = 23 cannon firearm But Wilhelm is capable of destroying all of them at the same time

What Tony said. Wilhelm is destroying the Jaw of Darkness that has all of those fangs, meaning he has to be be destroying all of the fangs since he's doing that in one hit.

Edit: Also the profiles here has been wording them wrong for a while cuz it says "Jaws of Darkness that are of a hundred nights".

Even if this doesn't end up as an upgrade of any kind, it does maybe serve to point out that it was talking about the fangs specifically that has the hundred nights packed into each and every one of them. So at the very very least that I could see the outcome out of this is having Methuselah's JoD (Jaws of Darkness) be reworded.

No, because AoE is a thing.

If I use an attack with enough range to affect all the individual fangs at the same time I can destroy them with the same AP that would destroy only one.

Since we are not following physics given that a real life attack of such magnitude would destroy Earth and stuff, it's pretty doable.

He doesn't have any AoE thing in his "base" form tho but fair enough.

Also, what Qliphoth said, if this doesn't end up upgrading someone at the very least a rewording is in order.

I mean, he punched/blasted all 23 fangs in one shot. So he made a wave/explosion/whatever big enough to engulf all of them. Which is enough AoE.

It literally just a punch tho? He didn't use his stakes, which actually would have made sense. It was just a punch. No AoE was involved.

Not only that, the CG image is a still image cuz the VN has them actually animated so they're actually opening and closing like you're eating.

Whatever the case is, we can at least reword what the profile describes about the jaws so even if there's no upgrade in any way, I at least have something to be done out of this.

Edit:

"I mean, he punched/blasted all 23 fangs in one shot. So he made a wave/explosion/whatever big enough to engulf all of them. Which is enough AoE."

I guess that's one possible angle to look at. I don't quite agree with it completely, but I can see that as another interperation about Wil's feat.

So the assumption you are using is that this guy punched one spot of a fang and the energy from that punch is capable of shattering/blasting the rest of the fangs?

I guess you could calc how strong an attack like that could be.

If you know the size of a jaw you can calculate it, I guess.

Ask a calc member. See what you can get.

(Since I dont know how this guy's powers work Im neutral on the interpretation, really, Im likely wrong in my previous idea)

Yes.

We DK the size of the Jaw though. All we got is how potent its fangs are.

Wilhelm only has his fists and stakes are part of his weapons. How he fights tends to go down to those two, and that's not adding his other abilities like his absorption. With his punches, he's just doing that. A punch. There's no AoE or whatever involved in it. With his stakes, depending how he uses it, can be AoE in the sense of scatter shooting it around him or even use one as a kind of brass knuckle like weapon.

IDK what else to really tell you other than to look at his profile.

I'd rather wait to see what others think of this in regards to the Jaws Fangs and Wilhelm's feat of destroying it altogether.

The sheer density of the fangs should also be considered. They aren't even remotely close to planet size, but still at least 50 times more dense and with 50 more mass than Earth

Bump.

At this point, I'm really thinking on just settling down to editing the Jaws of Darkness description on Methuselah's page as the safest thing to do out of this thread here.

At the very least his page will have a better description of his Jaws of Darkness on the potency part. Whether or not that still technically upgrades his (and those scaling to him like Wilhelm, Reinhard, the Commanders, etc.), I could care less about it.

Nope. Context clearly refers to the fangs and claws as being the jaws of darkness. As a metaphor for the 'army' that he summons just like how the LDO is referred to as Reinhard's claws and fangs.

It doesn't literally mean that each and every fang is imbued with a hundred nights.

Back