• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Gear Rising discussion and possible upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twellas said:
Ok, are you going to edit the page, Aguila? With that out of the way, how should i procede in regards to the crater? Because it has to be considered within that same calc, but we first need to calc the size, who should i ask?
I already have included the 100 GPa in it

the crater as far as I can tell won't yield anything significant compared to the destruction of the EXCELSUS. Anyone can try and measure it, but I personally don't think it's worth including, at the absolute best you're looking at an extra 100 of tons of TNT which is not worth it when the main feat aready yields ~120 kilotons.

Uh I don't know. I would have it calc'd just for clarity and accuracy sake, but I don't want to bother some calc'er for something useless. The problem is that the crater is kinda hard to see and it might actually be bigger than it looks, especially if we use the BladeWolf cutscenes as reference.

Once the calc is done I will personally edit the profiles asap

So you say I should ask someone to calc the crater's size? I think it would be good even just for accuracy sake, but I want people who know the system better than I do to approve.

Only if it is important for calculating a character statistic.

it IS going to influence AP, we simply don't know by how much, Aguila thinks that it's not going to influence the values all that much

All we need on the calc page is someone like DMUA saying that the 100GPas value is fine to use on the profiles

So what are the summarised conclusions here?

The cast should be upgraded to High 7-C, RM is a 7x multiplier, Bm is 2x in base and 10x in RM. We still ought to decide if the crater is worth calculating or not, I think it's fine to implement the changes right now

Okay. As long as the knowledgeable members agree, that should hopefully be fine.

Just remember to closely follow the instructions here when you edit: Common Editing Mistakes

I will also clean the profiles as i add the upgrades, there are some unintuitive things like EXCELSUS' 1,15 kt feat being listed as proof of Armstrong's 7-C status along with the explosion, which is kinda confusing

I would also love to link the guide screenshots i took to the profile, but i don't know how to do that, any suggestions?

He did it mainly because of his superior fighting technique and top-tier HF-Blade which ignores durability and can actually harm nanomachines somewhat, he lost to both (Though at first he won with Patriots body Raiden), his AP shouldn't really scale because he's not even a cyborg, just wears a good nanosuit. He's really damn skilled though.

You can tell me when I should close this thread.

I seem to remember him harming Raiden with physical blows, but it's been a while since I've played the game so maybe I should watch the fight on YT. Anyway thanks for the reply!

Oh well, he fights H2H with Jack in their fight for a moment, but he really just pushes him back and stuns him for some moments, don't really damage. He has physical strength to somewhat keep up with him, but there is not really much evidence to scale him.

Here's what I'm thinking for multipliers

Ripper Mode: 7x AP/Striking boost (as seen in the guidebook, it does in fact incur an AP buff, and 7x is the best measurement of it we have atm), 10x boost to combat speed, likely higher to reactions (Ripper Blade Mode ofc gives Raiden a 10x boost in-game, and while as far as I see it doesn't boost situational, short-burst BM such as Zandatsu, it likely should logically as it functions pretty much the same if not identically to base BM)

Blade Mode: 2x to combat speed, 10x to reactions (BM activated without a trigger gives 2x boost), whereas it gives 10x boost in situations such as Zandatsu, but this only lasts for so long, and is more used for precision strikes in-game than anything else, sans fights such as the helicopter mini-boss

Have you properly explained the reasons for the new statistics within the profiles?

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Does Sam scale to this?
No. Sam was almost knocked out by 2 punches from a ridiculously casual Armstrong al all instances of him harming Raiden with his bare hands are merely gameplay, as they can be simply avoided, unlike what happens between Armstrong and Jack, that being said, he still gets an "at least low 7-C rating".

I'll check in here asap, kinda busy now.

^ I hear ya, but Monsoon being that much stronger than Sam just doesn't seem right lmao.... unless I'm missing something

Monsoon fought on par with Ripper Mode Jack, who is significantly stronger than base Raiden, there has to be a reason why Monsoon (despite being scared of Jack, as scared as someone whose fear is suppressed can be, that is) told Sam to run and let him fight Raiden alone, Sam would have died horribly

Actually Sam was about to jump in and fight before Monsoon told him not to, so I don't think Sam was afraid, it was probably Monsoon just being arrogant(also game logic) but anyway I'm not gonna argue too much about this I just thought it was strange xD

Sam WASN'T scared, Monsoon was (he tried to have Raiden killed by his grunts before he could engage) and despite this he still sent Sam away (there would have been no reason to do this if Sam was stronger). Also Monsoon is Sam's boss, and in an association like the WODS were strength is all, this is a pretty significant indicator of one's power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back