• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Gear Rising discussion and possible upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I would like to stick with just 2x, it's a safe low end and a 10x consideration makes things incredibly confusing

AogiriKira said:
Holy shit 7-A Raiden?
Tbf, after the crater is calc'd it migh very well become 7-A

Ok, got it about the BM. I will also edit Raiden's speed to Relativistic in Ripper Mode Blade Mode.

What about RM? Do we actually apply that multiplier to AP? It would only scale to EOG Raiden, Monsoon and Armstrong

What do we do with the calc tho? Do we tell the guy who made it to change the values and add the crater or do we ask someone else?

We still gotta discuss whether we should apply it to AP or not tho, what do you guys think?

SpookyShadow said:
Welp, mainly because everybody and their mothers in Rising have HF weaponry
Mistral hurts him with a punch in a cutscene during the bossfight. I made sure that HF weapons were NOT involved in one character harming the other

now all we need to do is understand how to apply this value change and the addition of the crater to the calc. I don't really know how to approach this, does anyone here know how we should procede?

Oh wow, ok. I'll contact the calc members as soon as possible. Should i also ask about the RM multiplier?

Have the guy who made the calc edit or, or just make a blog with your own numbers, either works

I can edit the calc to accomodate new 100 GPa values, however I generally disagree with ripper mode AP multipliers because they're not explicitly mentioned to exist at any point in the game as far as I can remember.

Don't have much to say about scaling though.

The RM multiplier won't effect ap in a mathematical way, it's only going to be brought up in battle threads, its consistency warrants at least that.

Ok, are you going to edit the page, Aguila? With that out of the way, how should i procede in regards to the crater? Because it has to be considered within that same calc, but we first need to calc the size, who should i ask?

Antvasima said:
You should ask the staff members listed in the Metal Gear verse page to comment here.
Every knowledgeable member but Matt commented and agrees with the changes, I even contacted Schnee who wasn't yet on the knowledgeable members list but had shown interest and knowledge in regards to the verse. I think it's safe to say that we can implement the changes

Okay. What do you wish to change in summary?

Changes to the calc which would constitute an upgrade to most of the verse, Blade Mode going from 10x in all forms to 2x in base and 10x in RM, Ripper Mode's 7x multiplier being considered valid, but NOT taken into account for the rating

The value can easily be edited, but for the crater we would need to have its size calc'd as well as it being added on top of Armstrong's busting of EXCELSUS' body. Who should we ask for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back