• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Arm vs Metal Arm (Yang vs Winter Soldier)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. Just ran into a poll of this on G+.

Winter Solider takes it via overall combat skill. Yang is pretty headstrong, with a strategy that amounts to "Punch your opponent over and over", meanwhile, Winter Soldier has extensive training in CQC, and can fight others whom are also highly trained.

If this entire thread ends up going to Winter Solider on my reasoning, I'm putting it on my profile and calling it a win.

I love both of them, so I try not to be bias, but If Winter Soldier wins, Winter vs Winter won't be redundant

Yeah I'm going for Winter Soldier for DMUA's reasoning. I don't see how Yang can keep up with his superior skill in combat.

V4 Yang actually has a lot of training from her father and is pretty skilled. Not voting tho

Isn't the difference between volume 4 and 5 Yang almost null?

Yang is already in a much better state of Mind after training with her Father.

Still I also forgot volume 5 existed.

@Knight are you copying me??? OvO

The winter soldier should take this for the reasons stated above.

Waiwowowowoah.DMUA im sorry but your description of Yang is wrong. Like, really wrong. For volume 5 at least.

I'm admittly out of date with Rwby. Even if Yang has improved, Winter Solider is still way more skilled.

Well for one, Volume 5 Yang isnt nearly as headstrong as she was in the beginning of the series. She spent several months receiving one on one combat training from her father, a professional huntsman, and she learned how to to balance her drive without being overconfident or getting agitated. She basically only needs to use her Semblance as a last resort now, thats the skill gap between BoS Yang and current Yang.

She's also much stronger than her BoS self, and her Semblance still amplifies that.

That's quite the improvement.

Still, The Winter Soldier has operated as a Hydra (Or Russian, depends on the version) operative for over 60 years, and is highly trained in CQC to the point he can fight guys like Captian America and Black Panther. She's way outclassed.

Oh im aware of his combat skill, but once Yang's Semblance kicks in, the gap in power is gonna overtake that skill real quick. Vol 1-3 Yang with her Selmbance active is an angry girl punching wildly while getting stronger from getting hit. Vol 5 Yang is a trained martial artist who fights with actual skill while getting stronger from getting hit.

Basically until she goes down entirely. The second she gets hit her Semblance is going to be making her passively stronger, with each consecutive hit making her moreso

@Homu Yes she has PTSD about losing her arm, but from the fights she's been in so far it really doesnt hinder her fighting

And before she ends up resorting to her semblance, he could probably just break her arm or something.

Although.... I may opt for inconclusive. Bucky is way more skilled, and could severely damage Yang if she's not careful, but at the same time, Yang's sembalance could give her a huge advantage.

From what i recall, that wont happen until her aura goes down. Like, in her fight with Mercury, who uses kicks basically exculsively in his fighting, her blows connected with his legs multiple times, but she was able to break his leg only after his aura went down.

Also, tfw you changing your vote basically resets the whole thread :p

@Huesito Yang has multiple ranged options, and her gauntlet and arm dont run on electricity so an EMP wont do anything to them

Alright about the emp thing, but does yang semblance make her gauntlets stronger? If not Bucky going to have to use his range (Bucky is more skilled marksman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back