• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Arm vs Metal Arm (Yang vs Winter Soldier)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense for his tail to be stronger. He blocked Qrow's sword strikes with his tail, theoretically it should hurt him by doing that but it didn't, I bet if he used his hand to do that it would not have ended well.

I'm not understanding what you're trying to say with Tyrian being fine afterwards? Yeah he took it but what does that have to do with his tail?

"It makes sense for his tail to be stronger. He blocked Qrow's sword strikes with his tail"

It doesn't because nothing shows it is.

@Everlasting Tyrian is relevant when I was comparing Winder Soldier's skill and Experiance to him.

@Weekly I don't see how you can compare sword strikes to punches.

Anyway this isn't going to go anywhere and there's enough votes for Winter Soldier to win. I can continue argue my point but perhaps on another thread though (or my profile page).

@Nico Because theyre the same AP...? And basically his entire body took the force of Qrow attacking him from above when Tryian used his blades to block the attack.

And technically there arent seeing as DMUA changed his vote to Yang and everyone used his vote for Winter Soldier as an FRA

Lifting strength actually matters in a brawl. It helps remaining balanced, and being able to push away the opponent is useful too

That makes no sense here. Captain america takes Multi city Block level punches, he doesn't lose his balance or get flung 50 feet

Swinging a sword does not carry the same AP as punching. Sure for this instance the difference should not change tiers or anything like that but hitting with a sword will definitely be more powerful than punching.

Tyrian did block with his blades. Now here is a question that I have. In Volume 5 we learned that aura is like an light switch, turns on and off at will. So why would anyone block with their aura if they are using their weapons to block as well? That's just a waste of aura.

So what's to say he used aura every time he blocked?

Anyway at this point I'm kinda derailing so yeah don't count my vote and if you all want we can continue this at my profile.

@Huesito The point is WS, who would likely be Class 5 scaling from Cap, would be trying to use physical strength to overpower someone immensely physically stronger than him

Btw changing vote to Yang because holy crap yeah she is absurdly stronger than him. Considering they both love cqc he won't winning like I thought before

@Everlasting Volume 5, when Ozpin is speaking to Oscar he tells Oscar that Oscar forgot to active his aura. Later in the episode they go into specifics.

Huesito88 said:
@WeeklyBattles mean like Pushing each other?
I mean grappling in general, with the physical strength difference it'd be the equivalent of an average joe trying to force an MMA fighter to the ground with his bare hands

It takes concentration to use it (we all thought before that it was only just there after being unlocked) but everyone used to it just activates it like it were second nature (think like flinching so to speak)

Vol 5 Chapter 4

@Nico Im almost 100% certain that it doesnt work like that, and what youre describing contradicts a lot of what's already been shown

WeeklyBattles said:
@Nico Im almost 100% certain that it doesnt work like that, and what youre describing contradicts a lot of what's already been show
Aura does need to be self activated if your inexperiances. It was never stated to be a automatic defense only Auto healing when turned on.

That's why Juane was getting hurt by Cardin even though his Aura was unlocked, he didn't know how to turn it on yet.

Once you've learn how to use your Aura it basically does become Automatic. So Yang isn't going to have any problem with her Aura.

Also Weekly you are spreading lies, Pyrrha has never used her Sembalance when out of Aura. In fact Pyrrha has only lost her Aura once and that was the fight with Cinder.

She never used her Sembalance after he Aura dropped, no character has used their Sembalance after their Aura has dropped.

Huh, so she didnt, my bad. Though im going to politely tell you that straight up calling people liars just because they made a mistake is very rude and i'd advise against it, people dont tend to take stuff like that very well and it can get ugly really quickly.

There's still Qrow's semblance activating after his aura went down though.

@Weekly I'm just going by what Vol 5 says. It doesn't contradict any actions, however it does change how we saw aura to begin with. It's not necessarily always active unless you activate it, which for experienced users should be second nature (like REN said)

Qrow's Semblance is a permanently turned on. And I doubt it's something as easily comparable to the likes of magnetism or burst speed. It's more like a passive curse that influences everyone.

RWBY's not that inconsistent... Mostly. But yeah going for Winter Soldier in that case. I feel like he's a better one in terms of combat skill and using weaponry, but it's not gonna be an easy battle. Yang can take him out if he's not careful. On one hand Vol 5 Yang makes this so that she doesn't take it easy against opponents anymore. I think. Not sure. Either way, a very close match.

Um... Should I go back to winter solider? I will. I have no clue at this point.

ME, DMUA, and Kal for Yang (There may be one or two more but i lost count) and whoever gave actual reasoning for WS after DMUA changed his vote

Edit: Me, StarryKnight, DMUA, and Kal for Yang, COB for WS

Yeah, sorry Bucky, I like you and all, but.... You had relations with BW, and nobody thouch Natasha.

Going with Yang for reasoning above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back