• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Men behind Masks: The Shape vs. Jason Voorhees

Abstractions

Femur Breaker
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Content Moderator
Human Resources
The forest of Crystal Lake had been still, with only the occasional gust of wind rushing through the trees to break the silence of the night. This peace is broken by a young girl, no later than her early twenties, sprints across the treeline; she appeared to be running from something.

It is during this chase with the unknown that the girl's leg is caught under the thin root of a tree, causing her to crash into the autumn leaves. She cries in pain and grasps her shoulder while attempting get back on her feet, making the mistake of turning around and taking the time to spot her attacker.

It was not clear at first, he had been hidden in the shadows until now, but as he stepped forward he became illuminated by the light of the full moon and its shimmer on the waterbed. The sight had caused her to retch.

His entire body spoke of age and decay, even with distance she could smell the rot. He wielded a worn piece of metal that had been encased in a layer of dry blood, her eyes traveled upwards to be met with a harrowing gaze encased behind a white hockey mask.

A sudden chill rose up her back, almost as if the seasons had suddenly changed in the seconds the pair locked eyes, whilst crawling backwards she noticed his gaze had moved ahead of her. During her attempted retreat she her back had hit something solid, her hand also had experienced a change in texture; she was touching the ground, not leaves and mud, but pavement.

She moved her attention towards the mysterious object that blocked her path of escape and had been petrified at the sight, a similar aura she felt before from the man in front of her had now been coming from above, the gaze of another man— no, thing, had been locked onto her.

The Shape had grabbed the girl by the hair and then had turned its curiosity to the Revenant, the two had begun a silent quarrel over rights to the prey. It had appeared that they had come to an understanding of one another, leading to the release of the girl.

As she began to run for life, she turned back to see the two monsters approach each other for combat.

Fight Music

Scenario

ShapeFanart
VoorheesFanart
- Zombie Jason vs The Shape

- In-character

- Victory achieved by kill or incap.

- Fight takes place between The Entity's Haddonfield and Crystal Lake

- Speed is equalized

Jason Voorhees:
1 (Alien Dual Blaster)

Michael Myers: 3 (Moritzva, Necromercer, The Wright Way)

Inconclusive: 2 (HeadlessKramerGeoff777, Foxthefox1000)

I'm definitely a fan of both characters. The fight will start off like an epic stalemate, however imo Jason Voorhees outguns and outlasts Michael Myers by a long shot due to having superior strength, durability, skill, and even Regenerationn.

Fair points, but this Michael is much stronger than his counterparts, having his feat being scaled from The Nurse who performed it casually.

This Michael also has Fear Aura at his disposal, which Jason has not shown resistance to. Along with a drastically superior Lifting Strength, which should allow him to toss Jason around if need be.

Vote counted however.

@Weekly Jason can hypnotize the Shape into consuming his heart, whether or not the Entity would convince him not to is up for debate though.

There is also the possibility of the Entity favoring Jason as a killer, much similar to how the Entity chose Rin due to her rage despite originally choosing her father to be the new killer. But this is just speculation.

The Entity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jason in the mind control department

The Entity can also have more than one killer you know

WeeklyBattles said:
The Entity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jason in the mind control department

The Entity can also have more than one killer you know
Killers do have independence though, it's why they can offer Moris and kill by their own hand through Rancor.

Michael also had never been tortured into submission by the Entity to become a killer, he came by his own free will.

But the important fact was that the Entity chose one and not both, there's no way of knowing if it would choose to take in Jason when the two killers are in a dispute when it didn't before.

The Entity wouldnt just ditch Michael to make Jason another killer, its entirely capable of making and controlling multiple killers simultaneously, like the Legion

WeeklyBattles said:
The Entity wouldnt just ditch Michael to make Jason another killer, its entirely capable of making and controlling multiple killers simultaneously, like the Legion
Again, it made the decision not to take both when it came to the Spirit when it could have, it chose Rin because it had favored her, there's no evidence the Entity just wanted Frank, it's why all four were able to follow that trail into the Entity's realm.

Favoritism is something the Entity has shown, so it isn't out of the question.

This was also just speculation, and shouldn't be the highlight of the debate.

Only way TS can get past Jason's regen and possession is by hanging him and summoning the entity right (though iiuc, Jason will be able to resist it longer)? Also what keeps Jason from using teleportation? Also fear manip will only be so effect as to cause Jason to be off his game, though that might be all that is needed. Stronger AP vs Higher LS. Immortality vs Regen. It is possible TS could slow JV's regen, but that will only be temporary. Also was this accepted?

Jason can be inhibited and killed through head stabs, as his regen is only Low-Mid. I also don't recall Jason utilizing TP while not being out of sight, so it wouldn't be too helpful unless Jason chooses to flee, which wouldn't be in his character to do, scared or not.

Jason is also susceptible to fear, it was a plot point in Freddy vs. Jason.

Thing is TS doesn't tend to aim for the head though. Plus it will no be too easy to hit, at least in the middle of a brawl. Just because we don't see doesn't mean he can't cause if we go by that we never see the entity bringing back downed killers after they are in its "employ"/under its control. And as I have said in a different thread, DBD fear manip (besides The Doctor's) isn't the greatest. Sure it can cause Survivors to have their tasks hampered, but they are still able to do them. Jason will be able to fight, not at his best, but he can still fight. Also we don't know the immortality's respawn time, it could be a way of incap just to down TS.

Doctor's fear power isn't any stronger than other killers, he has madness inducement and mental shocks that make him more potent.

Their fear manipulation is potent, survivors are able to work on gens because they want to escape, yes, but they wouldn't hope of fighting back against the killer because they are terrified of them. When you are afraid of something, you want nothing more than to be away from it, which is the exact effect their aura has. Being afraid of something makes it really hard to fight back because that isn't your priority, it is to leave.

The Pig was dying and was healed immediately and survivors are resurrected after a trial, we can be generous enough to assume it doesn't take a whole day.

There's really no evidence to suggest the Shape will not strike Jason's head, if someone is engaging him he will do whatever is lethal to his attacker, he isn't simply lunging in a chase here.

Abstractions said:
Their fear manipulation is potent, survivors are able to work on gens because they want to escape, yes, but they wouldn't hope of fighting back against the killer because they are terrified of them. When you are afraid of something, you want nothing more than to be away from it, which is the exact effect their aura has. Being afraid of something makes it really hard to fight back because that isn't your priority, it is to leave.

Headless: I am pretty sure they don't fight back because they can't physically. They still use flashlights to bling killers, get close to killers to save other survivors and to do gens. They aren't forced to run, they are just on edge. If you are on edge and you feel like you need to rush something, most times you will mess up. Their priority is to leave, but they aren't necessarily running because of the Killer's aura. even if the killer doesn't have that ability survivors will still end up running at the end. It is because it is the only way to survive. Run to the gens, hide/heal/etc, run out of the gate. They are just on edge due to the Killer's aura. It makes them mess up on tasks cause they are scared, but not to the point the tasks are impossible.

The Pig was dying and was healed immediately and survivors are resurrected after a trial, we can be generous enough to assume it doesn't take a whole day.

Headless: Dying doesn't equal dead. And that was before the Pig was a part of the Entity's roster.

There's really no evidence to suggest the Shape will not strike Jason's head, if someone is engaging him he will do whatever is lethal to his attacker, he isn't simply lunging in a chase here.

Headless: He would want Jason alive to sacrifice to the entity. Tends to down his survivor first. His swings don't go for the head, they go for the torso. His mori doesn't go for the head. etc. Might go for it eventually but most defiantly not at first.

You aren't forced to run because you have free will in the game, you could just taunt the killer the entire game through pointing and flashlight flicks, but that doesn't mean it does not contradict what the abilities are described to do nonetheless. Being in terror isn't just being on edge, if it is to you then we simply have different definitions of the word.

That doesn't matter though, it has shown the capacity to do it quickly multiple times. Things don't suddenly change just because they are finally in cahoots.

I never implied the Shape will go for the head first, but if he sees Jason regenerating then he will have no choice but to.

Abstractions said:
You aren't forced to run because you have free will in the game, you could just taunt the killer the entire game through pointing and flashlight flicks, but that doesn't mean it does not contradict what the abilities are described to do nonetheless. Being in terror isn't just being on edge, if it is to you then we simply have different definitions of the word.

Headless: Yes it is. The fear manip really isn't that effect aside from slowing down progress and alerting the killer.

That doesn't matter though, it has shown the capacity to do it quickly multiple times. Things don't suddenly change just because they are finally in cahoots.

Headless: Once isn't multiple times and the amount of time taken is unknown due to the anomalous effects of the Entity. And as I previously stated, dying doesn't equal dead.

I never implied the Shape will go for the head first, but if he sees Jason regenerating then he will have no choice but to.

Then we agree :3

Unfortunately, I do not believe Jason has any real way to get past Immortality. I wish there was a way to restrict it, or at least set battle conditions to "Win via killing the opponent once" (Which should probably work, considering their immortality isn't the most important part of their kit).

How does TS get past superior AP, regen, as well as JV's own immortalities? Only way atm that I can think of is Summoning the Entity which Jason can temporarily resist.

May go TS, but I disagree with some of the points made for him.

"That doesn't matter though."

Also the Shape can bypass Jason's regen through head stabs, but that opens Jason up for one of his potential win conditions, which include:

Jaso: Physically dying and hypnotizing the Shape or incap.

Shape: Hooking or potentially resisting hypnotism if the Entity coerces him to not eat the heart.

Abstractions said:
"That doesn't matter though."

Also the Shape can bypass Jason's regen through head stabs, but that opens Jason up for one of his potential win conditions, which include:

Jaso: Physically dying and hypnotizing the Shape or incap.

Shape: Hooking or potentially resisting hypnotism if the Entity coerces him to not eat the heart.
Hmmm...leaning towards incon tbh. We don't know if the entity will keep Jason from possessing TS. Also due to Jason's superior AP, teleportation, resistance, and regen, hooking him would a hassle and rather difficult making TS killing him the better option for him. However due to us not knowing the resurrection time of Killers and such, we have some unknowns. Would the entity allow Jason to possess? Would sticking a blade in TS head keep him dead, as the entity seems to heal to resurrect. How effective would the fear manip be if it only hampers the fight. etc etc etc.

Let me quickly say something. Are we going to ignore The Entity rezzing them? I can debate once I have a good answer on that, since basically every DBD fight is ****** over by it.

ThePixelKirby said:
Let me quickly say something. Are we going to ignore The Entity rezzing them? I can debate once I have a good answer on that, since basically every DBD fight is ****** over by it.
No, though imo the details are foggy, the immortality stays.

I'll say inconclusive.

The fear manipulation isn't as bad as what Freddy did to him, as he found his ONLY fear and used it against him. DBD fear manip is just instilling an effect that makes the target have the cold sweats for the most part IIRC. Please do remember that Freddy still had a hard time with Jason in his realm when trying to prey on his fears and just kinda got lucky. I really don't think it'll matter much here.

The Shape does have a lot going for him, but the only thing keeping him in the fight is The Entity. Beyond that his skills would be able to counter and deal with Jason to make it closer, but there's the whole possession thing as well as Jason's stats being better save for Lifting Strength but that's not everything.

This is basically a hax character vs an almost as hax character but with better stats which kinda make some of the hax moot.

It's also heavily weighted on an unreliable factor of the Entity, but remember the profiles say Bloodlust will temporarily cut off the Entity's link with the killer? What if that happens as The Shapw decaps Jason and then the mind control happens? That seems like a brief window of oppurtunity for Jason to take the W, unless I'm not fully correct on something.

I do not see Jason possessing/mind controlling The Shape, ever.

The Entity already has dibs, and The Entity is >>>>>>>>>>>> Jason.

Bloodlust's description has always been odd. They lose The Red Stain, but they're still very clearly serving The Entity.

Well then it's inconclusive.

I don't see The Shape doing enough damage and also being able to "kill" Jason and likewise The Shape isn't being killed by Jason because of the Entity.

What stops The Shape from just stabbing, and if possible, sacrificing Jason?

Teleportatiob may help, but not much, since Michael's dozen or so ways to sense and see auras alongside tons of empowerment and amp to speed and what-not means Jason will have some trouble. Even if Jason lands a good blow, pain resistance will handle it as Michael tears Jason apart, with various debuffs sealing the deal.

Back