• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meliodas Speed Calculation

ZawierJ

He/Him
Scenes
Drole's Height 2580cm or 165 pixel ( Blue Line )

Panel Height 469 Pixel ( Orange Line )

Ludoshel's Height 188 cm or 20 pixel ( Red Line )

25.80 * 469 / [ 165 * 2tan ( 70deg / 2 )]

= 52.3662924581m

188 * 469 / [ 20 * 2tan (70deg / 2 )]

= 31.4806665126m

52.3662924581 - 31.4806665126 = 20.8856259455m

From this distance, Meliodas manages to overcome ludoshel's perception.

Distance Ludoshel Between Ludoshel And Drole 20.8856259455 / 0.000000003336 = 6260679240.26 m/s or 20.8c FTL+

Why Ludoshel is at the speed of light is confirmed in this crt.

Last edited:
I agree, the fact that we have EoS Meliodas's max speed the same as he was BoS Meliodas's casual speed is so dumb. Like who is doing the profile here??? They deserve to have a talk.

Disagree.

Firstly, Ludoshel was practically right in front of the Indura and looking right at them. Even if this is a perception or reaction blitz (nothing actually indicates that it was, only that Ludo was surprised, which we agreed to in this thread), Meliodas only would've had to do it over the space of a few metres.

Secondly, if Meliodas was 20x faster than Ludoshel, he'd be faster than Ludo in base and would've also easily been able to stop him here even while carrying Elizabeth (whom he's fast enough to let go and pick up in mid-air, anyway).
I agree, the fact that we have EoS Meliodas's max speed the same as he was BoS Meliodas's casual speed is so dumb. Like who is doing the profile here??? They deserve to have a talk.
Firstly, it isn't. Galand scaling makes everyone much faster than BoS Meliodas.

Secondly, that was by no means casual.

Third, those ratings are getting revised.

Last edited:
Disagree.

Firstly, Ludoshel was practically right in front of the Indura and looking right at them. Even if this is a perception or reaction blitz (nothing actually indicates that it was, only that Ludo was surprised, which we agreed to in this thread), Meliodas only would've had to do it over the space of a few metres.

Secondly, if Meliodas was 20x faster than Ludoshel, he'd be faster than Ludo in base and would've also easily been able to stop him here even while carrying Elizabeth (whom he's fast enough to let go and pick up in mid-air, anyway).

Firstly, it isn't. Galand scaling makes everyone much faster than BoS Meliodas.

Secondly, that was by no means casual.

Third, those ratings are getting revised.
Meliodas did this feat in second demon mark not base. Meliodas powered up and blocked Ludoceil attack without him noticing. And Meliodas was distracted by Elizabeth and even Drole was able to stop Ludoceil. And Elizabeth appears to out speed the indura and Ludoceil.
image.png
IMG_1629.webp

For distance I used the formula from the calculation guide profile in vs battles. I don't think there is an mistake

And i have a question to you by asura. What do you think about this calculation? It can be a good upgrade for a lot of characters.

Last edited:
Meliodas did this feat in second demon mark not base.
I know. My point was that this level of speed with 2nd Mark would make him way faster even in base.

Ludoshel isn't 20x slower than Demon Meliodas. He's regarded as an equivalent loss for the war effort and was prepared to fight him with Tarmiel and Sariel. This would be a ludicrous outlier.
Meliodas powered up and blocked Ludoceil attack without him noticing.
He did notice. You literally see the mark above his head to indicate that. Surprised =/= not noticing at all.
And Meliodas was distracted by Elizabeth
Not for most of it, which I provided scans for as proof. If he was 20x faster, he would've easily intercepted Ludoshel. We know that Meliodas can intercept characters in mid-air and fight faster than terminal velocity, so it's very easy for him to let go of Elizabeth briefly.
and even Drole was able to stop Ludoceil.
By intercepting him at a certain point. That doesn't necessitate being as fast, especially when you consider that Drole at full power (Diane/Drole wasn't even at full power here) on par with base Unsealed Meliodas (who doesn't even come close to post-revival, let alone Holy War, Meliodas).
And Elizabeth appears to out speed the indura and Ludoceil.
Who's irrelevant because she's pretty much unconscious.

Unless you're arguing about her scaling, in which case we are scaling her attack speed (Goddess/memory restored Elizabeth has been outsped by characters slower than Indura, like base Derieri, so not combat/travel/reaction speed) to the Indura.
For distance, I used the perspective formula of vs battles. I don't think it's a mistake
I didn't say you made a mistake mathematically. What I said was that Ludoshel's perceptions/reactions don't cover most of that distance, since he's facing the exact opposite direction and looking at the Indura.
And i have a question to you by asura. What do you think about this calculation? It can be a good upgrade for a lot of characters.
We're using it.

Last edited:
I know. My point was that this level of speed with 2nd Mark would make him way faster even in base.

Ludoshel isn't 20x slower than Demon Meliodas. He's regarded as an equivalent loss for the war effort and was prepared to fight him with Tarmiel and Sariel. This would be a ludicrous outlier.

He did notice. You literally see the mark above his head to indicate that. Surprised =/= not noticing at all.

Not for most of it, which I provided scans for as proof. If he was 20x faster, he would've easily intercepted Ludoshel. We know that Meliodas can intercept characters in mid-air and fight faster than terminal velocity, so it's very easy for him to let go of Elizabeth briefly.

By intercepting him at a certain point. That doesn't necessitate being as fast, especially when you consider that Drole is someone on par with base Unsealed Meliodas (who doesn't even come close to post-revival, let alone Holy War, Meliodas).

Who's irrelevant because she's pretty much unconscious.

Unless you're arguing about her scaling, in which case we are scaling her attack speed (Goddess/memory restored Elizabeth has been outsped by characters slower than Indura, like base Derieri, so not combat/travel/reaction speed) to the Indura.
Enlarged demon mark is a 4x multiplier. And if we scale base Meliodas 20 / 4 = 5 It is fit with the derieri calc. 4 * 4 = 16x FTL. Almost the same as the speed feat that he did. (This Conclusion about the Derieri Calc) Also it’s not an outlier Meliodas flew that fast and that could be used for movement speed and combat since he slapped ludoceil arm away. Also the archangels couldn’t beat the indura theirs no way they could have beaten Prime Meliodas. It wasn’t bravado since Ludociel ask th other archangels to support him and didn’t bother attacking. Also he couldn’t sense Meliodas so that could be more justification for a blitz. Also Meliodas appears in front of the Ludosciel.

I didn't say you made a mistake mathematically. What I said was that Ludoshel's perceptions/reactions don't cover most of that distance, since he's facing the exact opposite direction and looking at the Indura.
Mb i misunderstood.

Enlarged demon mark is a 4x multiplier. And if we scale base Meliodas to it then 4x 4 equals 16x FTL.
Base Holy War Meliodas is nowhere near comparable to this level of speed. He's neither on par with the Induras, nor even Ludoshel.
Also the archangels couldn’t beat the indura theirs no way they could have beaten Prime Meliodas.
Holy War Meliodas literally couldn't have beaten the Induras, either, and straight up says that the only way to beat them is letting them exhaust themselves. Where are you getting this notion?
he slapped ludoceil arm away
From what we see, he never even touched Ludoshel. If anything, Ludoshel might've retracted his arm as Meliodas was moving in front of him judging by the effects on panel.
It wasn’t bravado since Ludociel ask th other archangels to support him and didn’t bother attacking.
My point is that he was confident they could beat him as a team.
Also he couldn’t sense Meliodas so that could be more justification for a blitz.
Probably because he wasn't focusing on Meliodas at all, just on attacking the Indura.

Base Holy War Meliodas is nowhere near comparable to this level of speed. He's neither on par with the Induras, nor even Ludoshel.

Holy War Meliodas literally couldn't have beaten the Induras, either, and straight up says that the only way to beat them is letting them exhaust themselves. Where are you getting this notion?

From what we see, he never even touched Ludoshel. If anything, Ludoshel might've retracted his arm as Meliodas was moving in front of him judging by the effects on panel.

My point is that he was confident they could beat him as a team.

Probably because he wasn't focusing on Meliodas at all, just on attacking the Indura.
Sariel and tarmiel wouldn’t have been able to help since they had trouble with the commandments and the indura even when ludoceil asked for help. Even Estarossa with 2 or 3 commandments is more power than sariel and tarmiel. Also it doesn’t change the fact that Meliodas moved that fast so maybe it could be travel speed. And that Meliodas arm moves and it clearly says block. We also know that Ludociel is at the speed of light. Having Meliodas react to him from this distance gives the same feat. Also 2nd demon mark Meliodas scales to Elizabeth so he should be equal or above the indura.

And what the scaling looks like with the indura speed calc?

Lastly I can't make a blog, can you help for it?

Last edited:
Sariel and tarmiel wouldn’t have been able to help since they had trouble with the commandments
They stomped base Estarossa in their vessels. So, no, they wouldn't have had any trouble with Derieri and Monspeet if they actually tried.
the indura even when ludoceil asked for help.
Two Indura, who attacked them individually.

Also, again, where are you getting this notion that 2nd Mark Holy War Meliodas compares to the Indura (let alone both of them) at all really?
Even Estarossa with 2 or 3 commandments is more power than sariel and tarmiel.
A) they were in their vessels (and shit vessels, too), which are explicitly far less powerful than their true forms, hence Ludoshel going from the level of Chandler and Cusack while possessing a vessel perfectly compatible with his magic to initially stomping Original Demon while degrading. It's literally why they abandoned their vessels when Estarossa absorbed a 3rd Commandment and stomped them.

B) when they got to their true forms and fought with 3Cs Estarossa/Mael, they weren't fully restored and started degrading, which makes those forms less powerful.
Also it doesn’t change the fact that Meliodas moved that fast so maybe it could be travel speed.
I'm not arguing that Meliodas wasn't fast enough to surprise him, I'm disputing your calculation (especially the distance) or that he was perception blitzed.
And that Meliodas arm moves and it clearly says block.
It just says block. We don't see his arm move. You can block someone with your body.
We also know that Ludociel is at the speed of light. Having Meliodas react to him from this distance gives the same feat.
Again, your distance is wrong (not mathematically, just contextually).
And I can't make a blog, can you help for it?
After the argument.

Last edited:
Also 2nd demon mark Meliodas scales to Elizabeth so he should be equal or above the indura.
I didn't see this for some reason. What reason does he have to scale 1:1 with Elizabeth?

There's the statement about shifting the balance of power. But that applies to Ludoshel, too.

Then we have his statement of cancelling out Elizabeth's attempt on the Indura, but that was because their magics are opposite.

I didn't see this for some reason. What reason does he have to scale 1:1 with Elizabeth?
He would cancel her powers by getting in the fight
There's the statement about shifting the balance of power. But that applies to Ludoshel, too.
Ludociel has to form a team in order to try to defeat him the difference in power is pretty big Meliodas was considered an even match for Mael and Ludo never won a single fight against Mael
Then we have his statement of cancelling out Elizabeth's attempt on the Indura, but that was because their magics are opposite.
Which wouldn’t change anything if her magic was superior to his she wouldn’t get cancelled by his Negative energy
Stronger magics like sanctuary can pass through without getting nulled

But i agree that Ludociel was not necessarily blitzed the entire distance

Meli did outspeed him casually tho

He would cancel her powers by getting in the fight
They didn't say by getting in the fight. He said he couldn't help Elizabeth depower the Indura because his magic would cancel her magic out, suggesting it's light vs dark.
Ludociel has to form a team in order to try to defeat him the difference in power is pretty big
Conversely, the fact that two comparatively much weaker Archangels were going to defeat Meliodas alongside Ludoshel shows that Meliodas isn't so immensely stronger than Ludoshel—certainly not 20x faster, either.
Meliodas was considered an even match for Mael and Ludo never won a single fight against Mael
Ludo never fought Mael, and we've only ever seen 2nd Mark fight Mael at what was agreed to be an unknown time of day before noon.

Also, if you want Mel to be an even match for that version of Mael, you'd be conceding Elizabeth scaling because Elizabeth is > Mael via feats and statements.
Which wouldn’t change anything if her magic was superior to his she wouldn’t get cancelled by his Negative energy

Stronger magics like sanctuary can pass through without getting nulled
Elizabeth was getting overwhelmed by the Indura's darkness, too, though. So it's not like Meliodas alone would've been cancelling out her powers in this case.

As we see in the Nerobasta fight, sufficient quantity/strength of darkness can overpower light magic.

If it was Mel alone, I would've added this scaling as soon as we verified that translation (which I was planning, but I realised my mistake).
Meli did outspeed him casually tho
Agreed.

Last edited:
They didn't say by getting in the fight. He said he couldn't help Elizabeth depower the Indura because his magic would cancel her magic out, suggesting it's light vs dark.
Him trying to hold them back Would null her magic which still means He shoul
Conversely, the fact that two comparatively much weaker Archangels were going to defeat Meliodas alongside Ludoshel
Where did We see them defeating him they were assuming they could defeat him
Ludociel was getting stomped by the induras and Eli can hold Both back if Meli Is somewhat relative to her or superior the gap Is pretty big
shows that Meliodas isn't so immensely stronger than Ludoshel—certainly not 20x faster, either.
Ludo movement speed is LS tho his combat speed can be higher and his reactions are higher too
Ludo never fought Mael, and we've only ever seen 2nd Mark fight Mael at what was agreed to be an unknown time of day before noon.
I think there Is a statement about him not being able to defeat Mael during their training
Also, if you want Mel to be an even match for that version of Mael, you'd be conceding Elizabeth scaling because Elizabeth is > Mael via feats and statements.
I don’t remember the feats that put her above Sunshine Mael
Elizabeth was getting overwhelmed by the Indura's darkness, too, though. So it's not like Meliodas alone would've been cancelling out her powers in this case.
They transforming tho weren’t they
As we see in the Nerobasta fight, sufficient quantity/strength of darkness can overpower light magic.
Darkness Is weak against light that specifically counteracts demons
If it was Mel alone, I would've added this scaling as soon as we verified that translation (which I was planning, but I realised my mistake).
I’ll look at that later, i’m at the mall rn
Wsura

Him trying to hold them back Would null her magic which still means He shoul
As I explained, he wouldn't have to scale to all of it.
Where did We see them defeating him they were assuming they could defeat him
You literally said they would. I was going by your logic.
Ludociel was getting stomped by the induras and Eli can hold Both back if Meli Is somewhat relative to her or superior the gap Is pretty big
Again, big if there.

Also, it's not as if the Indura could one-shot him. So it's still doubtlessly not as gargantuan of a gap as this thread presents it as.
Ludo movement speed is LS tho his combat speed can be higher and his reactions are higher too
Which isn't useable for calc purposes. And it wouldn't be 20x.
I think there Is a statement about him not being able to defeat Mael during their training
The closest thing I can recall is Ludo saying he couldn't keep up. But that's explicitly near noon.
I don’t remember the feats that put her above Sunshine Mael
Absolutely god stomping DK Zel (whom we accept to be above Mael, especially since he's >> 2nd Mark Zel), Nabaka saying she's on their level or superior to all of them, etc.
They transforming tho weren’t they
Which doesn't change the point. Mel still wouldn't necessarily scale to 100% of Elizabeth.
Darkness Is weak against light that specifically counteracts demons
That's not the point I was making. My point was that Elizabeth's powers would've been countered by Meliodas and two Indura in that situation. As we've seen with Nerobasta and Estarossa, darkness can counteract light through sheer power and quantity.

As I explained, he wouldn't have to scale to all of it.
Yeah We don’t really know but Idk why i don’t see him being weaker
You literally said they would. I was going by your logic.
Said that they Would « try » not that they Would 100% do it
Again, big if there.

Also, it's not as if the Indura could one-shot him. So it's still doubtlessly not as gargantuan of a gap as this thread presents it as.

Which isn't useable for calc purposes. And it wouldn't be 20x.

The closest thing I can recall is Ludo saying he couldn't keep up. But that's explicitly near noon.

Absolutely god stomping DK Zel (whom we accept to be above Mael, especially since he's >> 2nd Mark Zel), Nabaka saying she's on their level or superior to all of them, etc.

Which doesn't change the point. Mel still wouldn't necessarily scale to 100% of Elizabeth.

That's not the point I was making. My point was that Elizabeth's powers would've been countered by Meliodas and two Indura in that situation. As we've seen with Nerobasta and Estarossa, darkness can counteract light through sheer power and quantity.
Agreed the calc Is wrong anyway

I don't think you need an approved account, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, you should see a section saying about, message wall, blog, contributions, etc. Click on blog and press create blog.

Açıkladığım gibi, hepsini ölçeklendirmek zorunda kalmayacaktı.

Kelimenin tam anlamıyla yapacaklarını söyledin. Ben senin mantığına göre gidiyordum.

Yine, varsa büyük.

Ayrıca, Indura onu tek atışta vurabilecekmiş gibi değil. Bu nedenle, şüphesiz, bu konunun sunduğu kadar devasa bir boşluk değil.

Calc amaçları için kullanılamaz. Ve 20x olmazdı.

Hatırlayabildiğim en yakın şey , Ludo'nun ayak uyduramadığını söylemesi . Ama bu açıkça öğlene yakın.

Kesinlikle tanrı DK Zel'i eziyor (özellikle >> 2. Mark Zel olduğu için Mael'in üzerinde olduğunu kabul ediyoruz), Nabaka onların seviyesinde veya hepsinden üstün olduğunu söylüyor vb.

Bu noktayı değiştirmez. Mel yine de Elizabeth'in %100'üne ölçeklenmeyebilir.

Demek istediğim bu değildi. Demek istediğim, Elizabeth'in güçlerine bu durumda Meliodas ve iki Indura tarafından karşı konulacağıydı. Nerobasta ve Estarossa'da gördüğümüz gibi karanlık, saf güç ve nicelik yoluyla ışığa karşı koyabilir.
I want to say something again for the calculation. Ludoshel has lightning fast attack speed. (I think this is accepted.) If there is no error for the distance in my calculation, wouldn't we still get the same result if meliodas reacted to the lightning speed attack from 20 meters? I'm only asking this out of curiosity

wouldn't we still get the same result if meliodas reacted to the lightning speed attack from 20 meters?
Not to my knowledge. It explicitly has to be some kind of perception or reaction blitz.

to clarify, by ask someone else, i meant someone else could post it as a blog.

i could even do it, but i disagree with the calc.

to clarify, by ask someone else, i meant someone else could post it as a blog.

i could even do it, but i disagree with the calc.
Frankly, I think the calculation is correct. I don't think this will be the outiler for Demon Mark 2 meliodas. It would be nice if I could get the opinions of other staffs as well.

It doesn't make much sense for Meliodas to be this much faster than this version of Ludoshel

It doesn't make much sense for Meliodas to be this much faster than this version of Ludoshel
Meliodas achieves this in demon mark 2, not in base form. So I don't think it's not unreasonable. I think we can also scale 4c FTL for meliodas from Derieri's calculation. Again with demon marks, it is getting closer to the value I found.
Enlarged demon mark is a 4x multiplier. And if we scale base Meliodas 20 / 4 = 5 It is fit with the derieri calc. 4 * 4 = 16x FTL. Almost the same as the speed feat that he did. (This Conclusion about the Derieri Calc) Also it’s not an outlier

As I mentioned here

Last edited:
What about on a math and context basis, though? Like my point that Ludoshel wasn't even looking in the same direction as the calculated distance.
If there is an mathematichal error, i can make it again.

As I mentioned here
As I mentioned above, base Holy War Meliodas doesn't even scale to the Indura, and even 2nd Mark scaling is questionable. So, no, it actually makes less sense with this logic.

As I mentioned above, base Holy War Meliodas doesn't even scale to the Indura, and even 2nd Mark scaling is questionable. So, no, it actually makes less sense with this logic.
I couldn't find the manga chapters because I didn't have much time. But when Elizabeth wanted to save the Induras, she managed to blitz them with her magic. If even Elizabeth can blitz them, I think meliodas can make it too.

Back